Do you believe the theory of Evolution to be true?

• This topic has 1,340 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,341 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You seem fixated on the idea of men going to heaven.
    Why?

Cato
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 04 2008,07:22)

Quote (Cato @ Feb. 04 2008,07:13)
    It would be a really dull forum if we all thought alike, there would be nothing to discuss.  If Stuart were to leave a good number of you would have nothing to respond or post to.  So it is good on an intellectual basis.  As far as a Christian aspect, did Jesus only concern himself with the faithful, I don't think so.  Without the Stuarts all we are doing is preaching to the choir.

Dull That would be wonderful. That is what the millenium is going to be, only truth will be taught by Jesus and the elect. The Highway of Holiness will not permit Stuarts. So you might as well get used to preaching to the Choir.

While athiests in your view may not be saved in the end, as for now they are still your fellows on life's path and as beloved of God as yourself.  

We do not need to preach to the faithful but to those who are not.  It is not our place to say who will be on that highway to holiness.  My faith is strengthened not weakened when I think, ponder and consider.  I for one like to read Stuart's views as it helps me to find contrast and further define my own.  Who knows one day Stuart may find faith, in the mean time are you encouraging that or trying to shut him out? Salvation is not a zero sum gain (unless you are a J – witness that is).

Those that know the scriptures and makes fun of them, are in my opinion not my fellow Christian.
    2 Timothy 4:3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrines but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they heap up for themselves teachers.
    verse 4 and they will turn their ears away from the truth and be turned aside to fables.
    Stu has been here longer then you have and He has denied Jesus and God many times. From them stay away. Dust of your Shoes and move on.
    Math. 24:11 Then many false prophets will rise up and deceive many.
    Ephesians 4: 14 that we should no longer be children tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness by which they lie in wait to deceive.
    Stu is here to do just that. Not to learn from us, that I know, because I have been here just as long as He has, even longer I think, I would have to look. Good luck Brother if you want to have dialog with an Atheist. Not I, thank you.

Peace amd Love Mrs.
    P.S. I am the former Mrs.IM4Truth we joined in June 2007

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 01 2008,21:53)
    I am glad to see you promote truth itself. How do you know what ‘truth itself’ is? The rest of us can model truth, sometimes quite well, but we can’t know absolutely that we have it. Once again, do you know everything?

Actually I seek the truth and share what I have found. That is why I threw away my belief in Evolution and why I believe in a God who created all things.

I don't know all things, but I know that God is the creator of all original things and everything else is made from the things that were originally created, whether that be by a process or by the hands of a creature.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 02 2008,08:33)
    Nick,

You may not do such but I've seen many Christians on other sites doing this. I know of one Jewish site that has many Christians posting, and many of those posts are insulting towards Jews and nothing short of proselytizing. I also see Christians posting on atheist sites and newsgroups.

You have one option left to you if this frustrates you and others on here: you can change the rules where only Christians can post on the board. There are many boards out there like that. You then must go on to define “Christian” because different Christians have different ideas of what a Christian is.

KJ.

A rebuke can be a good thing and it is not necessarily done for the benefit of the one who gave it but the one who receives it.

I agree that Christians do all kinds of things. But is it not the fruit by which we judge, and not the label?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 04 2008,20:17)
    Hi Stu,
    You seem fixated on the idea of men going to heaven.
    Why?

Please show me how one post that mentions heaven makes me 'fixated' about it.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Cato @ Feb. 04 2008,23:56)

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 04 2008,07:22)

Quote (Cato @ Feb. 04 2008,07:13)
    It would be a really dull forum if we all thought alike, there would be nothing to discuss.  If Stuart were to leave a good number of you would have nothing to respond or post to.  So it is good on an intellectual basis.  As far as a Christian aspect, did Jesus only concern himself with the faithful, I don't think so.  Without the Stuarts all we are doing is preaching to the choir.

Dull That would be wonderful. That is what the millenium is going to be, only truth will be taught by Jesus and the elect. The Highway of Holiness will not permit Stuarts. So you might as well get used to preaching to the Choir.

While athiests in your view may not be saved in the end, as for now they are still your fellows on life's path and as beloved of God as yourself.  

We do not need to preach to the faithful but to those who are not.  It is not our place to say who will be on that highway to holiness.  My faith is strengthened not weakened when I think, ponder and consider.  I for one like to read Stuart's views as it helps me to find contrast and further define my own.  Who knows one day Stuart may find faith, in the mean time are you encouraging that or trying to shut him out? Salvation is not a zero sum gain (unless you are a J – witness that is).

Or indeed, you may lose your faith.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (seek and you will find @ Feb. 05 2008,05:20)
    Ephesians 4: 14 that we should no longer be children tossed to and fro and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the trickery of men, in the cunning craftiness by which they lie in wait to deceive.
    Stu is here to do just that.

Am I in league with satan, The former Mrs.IM4Truth?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Stu:I am glad to see you promote truth itself. How do you know what ‘truth itself’ is? The rest of us can model truth, sometimes quite well, but we can’t know absolutely that we have it. Once again, do you know everything?

Actually I seek the truth and share what I have found. That is why I threw away my belief in Evolution and why I believe in a God who created all things.

So you know why evolution is wrong then. Do tell us. Your Nobel Prize awaits your paper to Nature.

I don't know all things, but I know that God is the creator of all original things and everything else is made from the things that were originally created, whether that be by a process or by the hands of a creature.

In that case I know there is no god. It’s a fact. I just know. So there.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

It's quite simple Stu.

Code doesn't organize itself into DNA, living beings, galactic spirals, etc.
    Life doesn't spring from non-life.

The whole universe just didn't organise itself by processes that come out of the blue. Processes and laws just didn't invent themselves.

Everything has a cause. Play the movie back and you will see that one thing leads to another. Play if forward and watch the universe come into existence. The stars turn on, life on earth. Then say to yourself that this is all going on by itself with nothing guiding or programming it. Say to yourself that there is no framework in higher dimensions that contain it. Say to yourself that all this design doesn't have a designer.

If you can say that, then all I can say is that you are truly blinded by darkness.

Creation proves that something greater exists. Just as a house shows that a creator greater than the work itself must exist.

It is just common knowledge. But I do realise that many have become fools due to pride in their own understanding.

This type of deception is just a judgement that is given to those who care nothing for truth.

Cato
    Participant

“In that case I know there is no god.  It’s a fact. I just know.  So there.
    Stuart “

Stuart just as I can not prove, God,  you can not disprove the idea either.  I know you can get frustrated with those that try to prove God through scripture you do not believe and I recognize the pitfalls of that approach.  I myself, though firm in my belief in the almighty, must admit at its most basic level, it is intuitive.  I have had personal revelations, but they are personal and it is useless to attempt to persuade others from that.  I have faith yes, but proof, alas no.  I respect your views and hope you continue to post here.  I agree with many of your points, as I feel not everything discussed is black and white and your status as a skeptic helps to keep people on their toes.  

“Or indeed, you may lose your faith.
    Stuart “

True Stuart, that is always a possibility, but if my faith was that weak that listening to other points of view would shake them, then they wouldn't survive the first crisis life will invariably throw my way anyway.  I find for myself, critical examination strengthens my faith rather then weakens it.  However, I will admit that the exact nature (but not the basis of ) my beliefs continues to evolve as I gain in wisdom and experience over the years.  I think those who become too inflexible in the exact nature  of their beliefs, or take too much pride in knowing the “truth” are the easiest to break, for if one part of their belief weakens then the whole structure crumbles.  I have my faith but am open to the fact that my understanding of such is imperfect.

Stu
    Participant

Stu: In that case I know there is no god. It’s a fact. I just know. So there.

Stuart just as I can not prove, God, you can not disprove the idea either.

Of course. No credibility is gained from saying it, but the point to t8 and Nick is that it is the corollary of what they say all the time. I would love one of them to answer it but sadly they ignore the best points and boringly bang on about things we’ve been through already.

Stu: Or indeed, you may lose your faith.

True Stuart, that is always a possibility, but if my faith was that weak that listening to other points of view would shake them, then they wouldn't survive the first crisis life will invariably throw my way anyway. I find for myself, critical examination strengthens my faith rather then weakens it.

Five years ago Jonathan Miller made a programme for the BBC on atheism. He interviewed several well-known atheists and one or two theologians. A stopping point for him always was when an interviewee would describe a conversion to or away from faith. His interview with Richard Dawkins explored Dawkin’s excursions into christian faith as a young person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiQ5VHDmbqI

This video is also relevant to this thread because of the discussion about evolutionary theory.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    So two apostles of St Darwin shared their testimony of how doubts grew into hopeless atheism.
    Such ministry will always find a willing audience in philosophical circles but here we have life.
    And death has nothing to offer those who have found eternal life in Jesus, the Son of God.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2008,11:38)
    Hi Stu,
    So two apostles of St Darwin shared their testimony of how doubts grew into hopeless atheism.
    Such ministry will always find a willing audience in philosophical circles but here we have life.
    And death has nothing to offer those who have found eternal life in Jesus, the Son of God.

Pretty ironic from someone whose belief system required at least one death (and has a deity that confesses to causing millions more). Atheism is not really a thing at all, it certainly is not a kind of death cult like christianity.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    It is not all about MAN.
    He is a puny last minute addition to creation.
    We only have a few years to grasp the real life that comes from the Creator through His Son.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2008,05:49)
    Hi Stu,
    It is not all about MAN.
    He is a puny last minute addition to creation.
    We only have a few years to grasp the real life that comes from the Creator through His Son.

Do you think god wants you to feel miserable and puny prior to your connection to the celestial electricity grid?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Puny is advisable.
    Miserable is optional.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 06 2008,17:34)
    Of course. No credibility is gained from saying it, but the point to t8 and Nick is that it is the corollary of what they say all the time. I would love one of them to answer it but sadly they ignore the best points and boringly bang on about things we’ve been through already.

I know that you are one smart ape Stu, but would you be able to comprehend that there is a designer of the designed?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Feb. 13 2008,18:13)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 06 2008,17:34)
    Of course.  No credibility is gained from saying it, but the point to t8 and Nick is that it is the corollary of what they say all the time.  I would love one of them to answer it but sadly they ignore the best points and boringly bang on about things we’ve been through already.

I know that you are one smart ape Stu, but would you be able to comprehend that there is a designer of the designed?

Yes. Designed things are designed. Humans are not. Do you have the capacity to understand that scientific fact?

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You are in command of the facts?
    And yet you do not even know about God?

Viewing 20 posts - 961 through 980 (of 1,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account