Do you believe the theory of Evolution to be true?

• This topic has 1,340 replies, 50 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by Stu.
Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,341 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    Since there has been no new species since Darwin and many have been lost it is unlikely that I will have time to see even one that might have given to this hope born of scientific desperation.

A4J
    Participant

The reason why I don't believe in evolution is simple. It takes common sense to look at the truth. Where did everything come from? Scientists say the first creature was bacteria. How did that bacteria come to be? Life cannot start itself. You can go back even further and the big bang theory. It doesn't make sense either. Where did all the matter come from that suddenly exploded. Everything needs to be created before coming into existance. Now, the big question isn't where we came from, but where did God come from?????

Why didn't you read my origin of life link?
    it can too form its self… of course maybe the universe cannot but life can

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi a43,
    A problem is that even in the unlikely event of atoms naturally falling into place and assembling themselves into an intact cell wall that alone is useless. Nuclei, chromosomes, fliuds, proteins, enzymes, membranes, lipids, internal framework and even mitochondria MUST ALSO be present from the first moment of potential life.

Even the simplest organism is extremely complex and each system needs all the rest to function. Then there is the immediate necessity to be able to reproduce or back to the drawing board

[oops there is not meant to be one.]

But how is this for a blooper from your site
    “To account for the origin of life on our earth requires solving several problems:
    How the organic molecules that define life, e.g. amino acids, nucleotides, were created; “

A4J
    Participant

No it doesnt!
    http://www.science.siu.edu/microbi….fe.html
    THE ORIGIN OF LIFE

read about the clay working as a catalyst etc
    it is entirely possible

A4J
    Participant

to be life it simply needs to self reproduce….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi A4J,
    It has all got to happen at once and be successful
    and that is a big leap for a wee fella like me.
    A theory that has never been proven.

Stu
    Participant

Nick wrote:
    ++”A problem is that even in the unlikely event of atoms naturally falling into place and assembling themselves into an intact cell wall that alone is useless. Nuclei, chromosomes, fliuds, proteins, enzymes, membranes, lipids, internal framework and even mitochondria MUST ALSO be present from the first moment of potential life.

Why do they have to be so?

Stuart

A4J
    Participant

Why does it have to happen all at once?
    i think is more like a puzzle, its not complete untill its alltogether of course, but it doesn't happen all at once…
    why cant it be this way?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 29 2007,21:00)
    Nick wrote:
    ++”A problem is that even in the unlikely event of atoms naturally falling into place and assembling themselves into an intact cell wall that alone is useless. Nuclei, chromosomes, fliuds, proteins, enzymes, membranes, lipids, internal framework and even mitochondria MUST ALSO be present from the first moment of potential life.

Why do they have to be so?  

Stuart

Hi Stu,
    So lets say you have a bit of cell wall formed.
    Are you telling me that the slow evolutionary process you speak of will differ this time and all the rest of the necessary components will immediately be formed before the wall degenerates so they can be somehow encapsulated by it… and then lightning strikes?
    I have read more plausible science fiction novels.

Stu
    Participant

Hi David, I have had trouble keeping up with the screeds you posted. Would you mind if we deal with issues just a few at a time?

Gen 1:1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

And later:

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years.

The lights referred to in Gen 1:14 must include the sun and moon, for these are the only celestial objects that define the days, seasons, and years.

Was Earth in orbit around the sun before the sun was created?
    The earth started out as a disk of dust from a nearby supernova that went into orbit around our sun then coalesced into a ball large enough to become spherical under its own gravity.

Did he create light before he created the object that produces light?

God created day, night, evening and morning before there was a sun?

Not very compatible with common sense, let alone science, is it?!

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Hi Nick

++”So lets say you have a bit of cell wall formed.
    Are you telling me that the slow evolutionary process you speak of will differ this time and all the rest of the necessary components will immediately be formed before the wall degenerates so they can be somehow encapsulated by it… and then lightning strikes?

You're telling the story… what happens next?

++”I have read more plausible science fiction novels.

Yes, I have read parts of Genesis myself.

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    You should not just know about our God.
    He has room for you at His table.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Nick,

++”You should not just know about our God.
    He has room for you at His table.

So once again, you have no answers. How about the myth of the Kiwi teleporting itself from Ararat to Auckland. How are you going with that one?

Stuart

A4J
    Participant

Cell walls, in the oxygen free earth would not deteriorate as fast
    micro spheres form that are permeable to amino acids and similar things like proteins and there binds etc. all you need is something like RNA that has enough random information and can be folded into an enzyme in order for the first RNA creatures to exists
    …but who says the first creatures didn't have an enzyme and a chain of information… with out even RNA?
    i mean there is a lot of possibility's… this is a nice video, but the one below is better…. this is just might lead to a slightly better understand
    http://video.google.com/videopl….index=0

watch this! it puts it better then i could… and its helping you christians hahaha :D
    PLEASE?

“LOOK! no hands!”- God in the mits of creating life 😛

charity
    Participant

The end of the seven day creation…effects … ….Rev 21:23  And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb [is] the light thereof.
    Rev 22:5And there shall be no night there; and they need no candle, neither light of the sun; for the Lord God giveth them light: and they shall reign for ever and ever.

the first day may have been either the First or Last day of the week, etc Sun, Mon,
    Meaning the Seven day creation would and works In reverse, from Man made in the Image sixth day, untill the sun and the moon are not needed for ever and ever eternity
    Gen 1:1 ¶ In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. …becomes effect of vision
    Gen 1:2  And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
    The wicked end up cast into eternal darkness, the earth voided from them? Not written in the book of Life from the foundations?

For our life time. Where 7 days complete a week, a new week begins at the first day again

Shall …… The earth, begin another week at the command of God?
    Even so the Eight day disaster, resembles the first day of creation, the fruitful place was made a  wilderness, they had no Light, with out Light all is void without form. prophecy by Jeremiah

Jer 4:21  How long shall I see the standard, [and] hear the sound of the trumpet?
    :22  For my people [is] foolish, they have not known me; they [are] sottish children, and they have none understanding: they [are] wise to do evil, but to do good they have no knowledge.:23 ¶ I beheld the earth, and, lo, [it was] without form, and void; and the heavens, and they [had] no light.  :24  I beheld the mountains, and, lo, they trembled, and all the hills moved lightly.  :25  I beheld, and, lo, [there was] no man, and all the birds of the heavens were fled.  :26  I beheld, and, lo, the fruitful place [was] a wilderness, and all the cities thereof were broken down at the presence of the LORD, [and] by his fierce anger:27 ¶ For thus hath the LORD said, The whole land shall be desolate; yet will I not make a full end.  :28  For this shall the earth mourn, and the heavens above be black: because I have spoken [it], I have purposed [it], and will not repent, neither will I turn back from it.

What I am trying say is the true creation of the earth started from day one, literally, and then in reverse form the 7 day Sabbath rest, to the six day of the new author, to replenish and subdue the earth, as many the stars and luminaries appear, in a symbolic, prophecy, till the earth returns to the first day, past the beasts, and fowls of the air.

Often the literal happenings of the bible are consistent with a future prophecy to happen on earth, e.g.  Destruction of Sodom,

charity :D

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (A4J @ July 29 2007,22:24)
    Cell walls, in the oxygen free earth would not deteriorate as fast
    micro spheres form that are permeable to amino acids and similar things like proteins and there binds etc. all you need is something like RNA that has enough random information and can be folded into an enzyme in order for the first RNA creatures to exists
    …but who says the first creatures didn't have an enzyme and a chain of information… with out even RNA?
    i mean there is a lot of possibility's… this is a nice video, but the one below is better…. this is just might lead to a slightly better understand
    http://video.google.com/videopl….index=0

watch this! it puts it better then i could… and its helping you christians hahaha :D
    PLEASE?

“LOOK! no hands!”- God in the mits of creating life 😛

Hi,
    First the proteins must be assembled before the cell wall can be put together and you have told us it takes so long for even one evolutionary step yet you have faith everything needed could be formed and assembled in the twinkling of an eye ..by a fluke. Such faith.

Stu
    Participant

I'm sorry to day, Charity, that your reinterpretations of Genesis, and those posted by David are so tortuous as to make the whole thing meaningless. If you can have so many different ways of viewing scripture, you can view it from any way you want and be right.

You want to demonstrate that the “Word of God” is exactly as it says in the OT, but then you have twist things beyond reason to make the OT fit the reality around you.

This pretty much is the way with creationsists, and especially young-earth creationists. They say the speed of light has changed, or radioactive decay occurs millions of times slower than in the past, or sediment deposited million of times faster than is observed today.

How about the view that it is a myth, a story for middle-eastern desert tribes, just as you find creation myths in most ancient cultures/religions.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Nick,

++”Such faith.

Why do you mock faith so much, as if it's a bad thing?

(I would agree, though).

Stuart

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Stu,
    No one has seen a new species.
    No one has seen a living T. rex.

Darwin produced an unproveable theory.
    It has become the new bible.

Stu
    Participant

Hi Nick,

++”No one has seen a new species.

That wouldn't mean there aren't any.

++”No one has seen a living T. rex.

Did you expect to?

++”Darwin produced an unproveable theory.

No theory is provable. however, the evidence is so good that it would be perverse to deny it…unless you had a holy book that just had to be right no matter what…

++”It has become the new bible.

What has? The Origin of the Species? Darwin made some minor mistakes, Origin of the Species is not infallible, unlike your perfect book that has rodents running away from the ark fast to escape a pair of (or 14) hungry wildcats for fear of instant extinction, and has the Earth orbiting nothing for 3 days (or epochs or eons).

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 181 through 200 (of 1,341 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account