Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 4,061 through 4,080 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 28 2011,17:54)
    All,

If you believe that spirit beings have a body then you are wrong because God is spirit and God does NOT have a body. The only 'Body' was Jesus of Nazereth.

I think the only reason you all want to believe God or beings have bodies is because you WANT there to be other Gods.

There is only one true God, the FATHER.

John 1:1 is the word of God/Gods spoken word, and Gods Holy Spirit (all God the Father BTW) were spoken and manifested in Jesus Christ. ONE GOD AND ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

Couldn't be more simpler – than that.

Hi Shimmer,

Yes, it's rather simple really…

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
    he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? (John 14:9)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

shimmer
    Participant

Ed, I can't see what all this endless discussion is for.

It gets at your head after a while.

I miss those day's of discussing/debating with Bod, remember?

shimmer
    Participant

And Stuart, etc.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 28 2011,21:41)
    Ed, I can't see what all this endless discussion is for.

It gets at your head after a while.

I miss those day's of discussing/debating with Bod, remember?

Hi Shimmer,

Yep

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 29 2011,00:54)
    All,

If you believe that spirit beings have a body then you are wrong because God is spirit and God does NOT have a body. The only 'Body' was Jesus of Nazereth.

I think the only reason you all want to believe God or beings have bodies is because you WANT there to be other Gods.

John 1:1 is the word of God/Gods spoken word, and Gods Holy Spirit (all God the Father BTW) were spoken and manifested in Jesus Christ. ONE GOD AND ONE LORD JESUS CHRIST.

hi shimmer

so what you imply is that ;one God ,one son, one spirit,one Lord, and all are the same person or being ????

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 29 2011,04:30)

All,

Hi Shimmer,

Jesus saith unto him, Have I been so long time with you, and yet hast thou not known me, Philip?
    he that hath seen me hath seen the Father; and how sayest thou then, Show us the Father? (John 14:9)

God bless

edj

you have any other scriptures that says it in a different way,

;that Christ his God the father ?????

show me ,

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2011,03:25)

All,

Hi Shimmer,

God bless

edj

show me ,

PIERRE, sure.

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
    not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed
    unto us “The Word”(HolySpirit) of reconciliation. (2Cor.5:19)

God bless

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 29 2011,16:04)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 29 2011,03:25)

All,

Hi Shimmer,

God bless

edj

show me ,

PIERRE, sure.

To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself,
    not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed
    unto us “The Word”(HolySpirit) of reconciliation. (2Cor.5:19)

God bless

edj

I just do not see what you see,I guess you see what you wish to see in scriptures ,

thanks God you weren't my teacher in Gods word

Ed J
    Participant

PIERRE,

I quote Rebellman again for you…

Quote (rebellman @ Oct. 23 2011,07:18)
    Pierre,

you already have your mind made up as to what you believe and nothing anyone says, or what passages they present or what logic is applied, it will not sway your stubborn insistence that you're infallible, and so your only concern is to show me the error of my ways. It never even occurs to you that you may be incorrect.

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Shimmer,

Are angels spirits or not?

shimmer
    Participant

Hi Terra.

No, one God and Father, and one son Jesus Christ of Nazereth.

The firstborn is the word, just as one who doesn't speak may speak their first word. God is not man, God does not procreate, nor give birth as we do. However God gave birth to a firstborn son/word not as man but as word.

Jesus said: “The Spirit is The Life Giver; the body does not benefit anything. The words that I speak with you are spirit and life.

“Do you not believe that I am in my Father and my Father in me? The words which I am speaking, I am not speaking from myself, but my Father who dwells within me, he does these works.”

“But when they arrest you, do not be anxious how or what you will speak, for it will be given to you in that hour what you should say. For it will not be you speaking, but The Spirit of your Father speaking in you“.

Now this is the verse which means the most to me as to the meaning of John 1:1 and the word;

“For as the rain comes down and the snow from the sky, and doesn't return there, but waters the earth, and makes it bring forth and bud, and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so shall MY WORD BE THAT GOES FORTH OUT OF MY MOUTH: it shall not return to me void,  but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing I SENT IT to do”.

It came forth out of Gods mouth is metaphorical for saying God spoke it.

Terra, this is just the way I'm seeing it.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2011,14:04)
    Shimmer,

Are angels spirits or not?

Yes.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Gene knows angels have bodies, but won't accept that angels are spirits -even though the scriptures say so.

You acknowledge that angels are spirits, but won't accept the many scriptures that clearly describe their bodies.

Now if I could just add your brain to Gene's brain, we'd have two more people who believe spirits have bodies. :)

But to each his own. As for me, I'll accept ALL of the scriptures, and base my understanding on all of them.

peace,
    mike

shimmer
    Participant

OK Mike.

But i just have to add, further to what I said, and how I'm seeing thing's …

In the beginning, was the word. God spoke and it was so.  

God's spoken word … was with God, and was God, just as God's Spirit.

God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

There was so much power in God's word, that God spoke it and it was so.

Here's some examples:

Old Testament:

1. Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.”

2. Genesis 1:3 “And God said, Let there be…and there was…”

3. Genesis 1:3 “…Let there be light: and there was light…”

4. Genesis 1:6 “Let there be a firmament…and it was so…”

5. Genesis 1:9 “Let the waters under the heaven be gathered together unto one place, and let the dry land appear: and it was so.”

6. Genesis 1:11: “Let the earth bring forth grass, the herb yielding seed, and the fruit tree yielding fruit after his kind, whose seed is in itself upon the earth: and it was so…”

7. Genesis 1:14 “Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:
         and let them be for lights in the firmament of heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so…”

8. Genesis 1:20 “Let the waters bring forth abundantly the moving creature that hath life, and fowl that may fly above the earth in the open firmament of heaven…God saw that it was good.”

9. Genesis 1:24 “Let the earth bring forth the living creature after his kind, cattle, and creeping thing, and beast of the earth after his kind: and it was so.

10. Genesis 1:26-30 “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness…So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them…
           Behold, I have given you every herb bearing seed…every tree in the which is the fruit of a tree yielding seed; to you it shall be for meat…and to every beast of the earth,
           and to every fowl of the air, and to everything that creepeth upon the earth, wherein there is life, I have given every green herb for meat: and it was so…”

11. Genesis 1:31 “And God saw everything that he had made, and, behold, it was very good…”

New Testament:

1. Jesus spoke to the sick: “Be healed”…and it was so.(Matthew 20:29; Mark 8:22; Matthew 8:5; Matthew 15:21; Mark 7:31; Luke 22:50; Matthew 9:23; John 5:1;
           Luke 5:12; John 9:1; Luke 14:1; Matthew 9:1; Luke 14:1; Matthew 9:1; Matthew 8:14; John 4:46; Matthew 9:27; Matthew 8:28; Luke 13:10; Matthew 9:20)

2. Jesus spoke to the demons: “Come out”…and it was so.(Matthew 12:22; Matthew 17:14; Matthew 9:32; Mark 1:21; Matthew 8:28))

3.  Jesus spoke to the fig tree: “Let no fruit grow on thee henceforward forever”…and it was so. (Matthew 21:19)

4.  Jesus spoke to the storm: “Rebuke the wind and the sea”…and it was so.(Matthew 8:26)

5.  Jesus spoke to the dead: “Come forth”…and it was so.(John 11:43)

6.  Jesus spoke to the water: “Turn into wine”…and it was so.(John 2:7-8)

7.  Jesus spoke to bread and fish: “Blessed the loaves and fishes and brake”…and it was so.(Matthew 14:19)

8.  Jesus spoke to the disciples: “Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught”…and it was so.(Luke 5:4)

9.  Jesus spoke to Peter: “Come, walk on the water”…and it was so.(Matthew 14:28-29)

10.  Jesus spoke to Peter: “Cast an hook, and take up the fish that first cometh up; and when thou hast opened his mouth, thou shalt find a piece of money:”…and it was so.(Matthew 17:27)

11.  Peter and John to the lame man: “In the name of Jesus Christ of Nazareth rise up and walk”…and it was so.(Acts 3:6)

12.  Phillip to unclean spirits…taken with palsies and lame: “Come ou… Be healed!”…and it was so.(Acts 8:7)

13.  Peter to Dorcas: “Tabitha(Dorcas), arise…and it was so.(Acts 9:40)

14.  Paul to man with impotent feet who never walked: “Stand upright on thy feet.”…and it was so.(Acts 14:8-10)

15.  Paul to Eutychus who was taken up dead: “Paul fell on him, and embracing him, his life is in him”…and it was so.(Acts 20:9-10)

16.  Hebrews 2:4 “God also bearing them witness, both with signs and wonders, and with diverse miracles, and gifts of the Holy Spirit, according to his own will!”

The thing I'm interested in is the following words of John after 1:1, which I will look at.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Shimmer,

What does any of that have to do with spirits having bodies? ???

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 29 2011,18:54)
    Shimmer,

What does any of that have to do with spirits having bodies?  ???

Sorry wrong thread.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 29 2011,20:10)
    Hi Terra.

No, one God and Father, and one son Jesus Christ of Nazereth.

The firstborn is the word, just as one who doesn't speak may speak their first word. God is not man, God does not procreate, nor give birth as we do. However God gave birth to a firstborn son/word not as man but as word.

Jesus said: “The Spirit is The Life Giver; the body does not benefit anything. The words that I speak with you are spirit and life.

“Do you not believe that I am in my Father and my Father in me? The words which I am speaking, I am not speaking from myself, but my Father who dwells within me, he does these works.”

“But when they arrest you, do not be anxious how or what you will speak, for it will be given to you in that hour what you should say. For it will not be you speaking, but The Spirit of your Father speaking in you“.

Now this is the verse which means the most to me as to the meaning of John 1:1 and the word;

“For as the rain comes down and the snow from the sky, and doesn't return there, but waters the earth, and makes it bring forth and bud, and gives seed to the sower and bread to the eater; so shall MY WORD BE THAT GOES FORTH OUT OF MY MOUTH: it shall not return to me void,  but it shall accomplish that which I please, and it shall prosper in the thing I SENT IT to do”.

It came forth out of Gods mouth is metaphorical for saying God spoke it.

Terra, this is just the way I'm seeing it.

skimmer

you ussing the wrong scriptures,

who say is the first creation in Col 1;13-23?

who was in the beguinning in John 1;1?

who was in the beguinning in Prov;8 ;22-31 ?

and in Peter,and other PauL writings

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Terra, we're off topic.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 30 2011,03:27)
    Terra, we're off topic.

yeah, :D :D :)

shimmer
    Participant

Funny, sorry=)

Viewing 20 posts - 4,061 through 4,080 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account