Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 3,201 through 3,220 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (csaliba @ June 20 2011,23:39)

Jesus has a unique spiritual body which can be materialize any time as He wishes,

Hi Charles,

How do you know this?

He also prevented Magdalene to touch him because He was only an hour from resurrection, and had to go to His Father with that particular glorious body, but afterwards,He purposely allowed Thomas to touch Him which means He was again in His common human body.

Or perhaps Mary was having her period, and therefore SHE couldn't touch Jesus because she would have caused him to become unclean before going to his Father.  There is no scriptural evidence that Jesus ascended to his Father until 40 days after telling Mary not to hold on to him.

He is definitely referring for that kind of spiritual glorious body which could be visible and invisible in flesh,spiritual flesh.

Perhaps you could show me the scripture that mentions this “spiritual flesh”.  It seems to me that the words are used as antonyms in many scriptures.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2011,00:12)
    How would you consider Jesus resurrected body to be constraining?
    What would make you think that the Angels (according to Mike) are free to be “everywhere all the time”?
    Your last point is moot, unless of course you answer my two questions.

God bless  
    Ed J

Hi Ed,

It is Istari's claim that angels are “everywhere all the time” – not mine.  I have been arguing AGAINST that claim for over 300 pages now.

But if YOU don't thing they are “everywhere all the time”, then what is it that distinguishes them as being HERE at the same time they are not THERE?  Without a body, or outer perimeter of some kind, they couldn't help but to be “everywhere all the time”.

mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2011,00:27)
    Hi Mike,

Would it be fair to say that you do not believe our resurrected bodies
    will be the same as (as in similar) the one Jesus had

Not unless the person raised is one of the meek who will inherit the earth, and not live in heaven.

There would have been no reason to raised Paul from the dead in a flesh body if his citizenship is in heaven – for flesh cannot inherit the Kingdom of God, which is in heaven.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ June 21 2011,01:48)
    yet SCRIPTURES tells us absolutely that the body is TRANSFORMED upon being RAISED FROM THE DEAD – not 40 days later…

Mike, this is reporter Istari for HN-News Live: what do you say about that?

I say show me that scripture. And explain that in light of the fact that not all will sleep in death, but all will be CHANGED.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ June 21 2011,02:28)
    Why would there be a need for a BODY in heaven when the a body is restricting…

And again, we see clearly Istari's WHOLE reason for believing how he does – despite what the scriptures say.

He cannot imagine IN HIS OWN MIND why there is a need for bodies in heaven, and therefore there aren't. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And who will vilify me?

Have I not said, 'Mikeboll, come into the penfold of truth and we will welcome you with open arms and much joy'

You haven't said anything “welcoming” to me in over a year, viper.

But your own words “vilify” you every time you post your nonsense.

It seems I've asked yet another question you are unable to answer, huh? :) What are we up to now – 50? :D

Istari, you are a fool. You cannot answer direct points, but only throw the crap you are so full of at others.

Do you think I'm the only one who says this? :)

Bye bye clown. I'm done responding to you. One should never argue with an idiot – they only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Ed J @ June 21 2011,13:06)

Quote (terraricca @ June 22 2011,05:50)
    edj

Hi Mike,

It looked to me like Pierre's last post to me seemed to stall; but I welcome more questions.

:D :D you missed, page 316

if number 2 is right then #3 must be also right

4)my point is when you are created you are ,there right ,and now because you are there you have your own personal structure (in men case Flesh,in spirit beings spirit form or body whatever )

5)I am not talking about the same element but different creation,like bugs,birds,fish,men,the sun,planets,angels,grass,trees,light,fire,black holes,gases,water,plankton,microbes,viruses,bacteria,flees,insects,ect………list to long
    those have different structures between them but are very similar between themselves(all corvettes are made in Fiberglas right,and the rest is steel;right but in shape they are partly different or if they would be totally different they would be no longer be corvettes right)

6) so variation in one kind is not a change in structure right ?

understand?

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

Nothing new here, that's what you said before.
    I did understand what you said the first time.
    What are “YOU” trying to convince “me” of?

God bless  
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

:D  :laugh:  :D

Ed, he clarified all the diversions, sorry, “questions” you made to his original points!  Why won't you address his clarifications?

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,07:35)

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2011,23:32)
    A few points:

1) I do not see the implied “all” you read into that sentence.
    2) The scripture you refer to does not say “enter” it states “inherit”
    3) Another scripture makes it clear Paul does not know if a man while yet in his natural body entered heaven in that body or not.  Since God declares it could happen in one place then why would he deny it could happen in another?
    4) The word is not “heaven” it is “kingdom of God” and even the new earth is part of the kingdom of God.

Hi Kerwin,

This is for another thread.  I've been wanting to start one about whether Jesus is still a “MAN” in heaven, and maybe these questions could be addressed there.

peace,
    mike

Sounds fine!

kerwin
    Participant

Duplicate post. Calling it a night.

Istari
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,13:02)

Why would there be a need for a BODY in heaven when the a body is restricting…

And again, we see clearly Istari's WHOLE reason for believing how he does – despite what the scriptures say.  

He cannot imagine IN HIS OWN MIND why there is a need for bodies in heaven, and therefore there aren't.  :)

Er, Mike,
    So WHAT IS THE NEED FOR A BODY IN HEAVEN when the Body is RESTRICTING – and the Spirit (That occupies that Body) is FREE?

So, ONCE AGAIN, you catch yourself in your web…:

Why would Jesus and those resurrected from the dead be in a CONSTRAINED BODY IN HEAVEN – when even plain Angels are FREE unemBODIED SPIRITS?

You Also cannot say that 'SPirits have bodies' because you are ONLY SPEAKING of JESUS and the RESURRECTED OTHERS…

Are Angels Spirits?
    Is God Spirit?
    Is the Holy Spirit Spirit?
    See, Mike, 'Do Spirits have BODIES?' No!

Istari
    Participant

“Is Jesus a MAN in Heaven”?
    This is amazing… Jesus, the DIRECT CREATION OF GOD, the EXACT REPRESENTATION OF GOD, the GOD FROM GOD…Turns into a MAN IN HEAVEN for ALL his PAIN and SACRIFICE.

What a REWARD – (not!)

Man, this thread gets more SERPENTINE by EACH post – led by …Mikeboll64…!
    Hisss… thrashing posts are slithering all over the place.

Jesus is the FIRST MAN to go up to Heaven – but he shed that part that is FLESH and BLOOD and entered in SPIRIT ONLY…

Does not Scriptures say 'The Man who is in Heaven'? And 'Who has ascended to heaven but the Man who first descended from Heaven'?
    Does this not then imply that Jesus was a Man in Heaven BEFORE coming into the world…IMPLY…
    Yet – Did they actually mean 'Jesus was Man in heaven' or was it artistic licence to convince those being converted that Jesus was/is a Man that they WILL SEE IN BODY on his return…

Come on guys … Try to focus…

Istari
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,13:00)

Quote (Istari @ June 21 2011,01:48)
    yet SCRIPTURES tells us absolutely that the body is TRANSFORMED upon being RAISED FROM THE DEAD – not 40 days later…

Mike, this is reporter Istari for HN-News Live: what do you say about that?

I say show me that scripture.  And explain that in light of the fact that not all will sleep in death, but all will be CHANGED.

Mike, are you SERIOUS…

Are you really so INSANE …

What do you mean 'Show me the verse'…

What is a TRANSFORMATION – Is it not 'Change of Some or All parts of thing'
    Was jesus' body not TRANSFORMED.

Before Jesus died he had Flesh, blood and bone.
    After he was raised he only had FLESH and BONE (His blood was drained after being jabbed with the spear and during the embalming)

Before Jesus died he was only ever in one place at a time… He WALKED everywhere – he moved CONTIGUOUSLY – one step position at a time.
    After he was raised he was able to move ANYWHERE at ANYTIME – WALLS, Distance, Time … Were no barriers – these restrictions are irrelevant to the SPIRITUAL BODY…
    The body is incorruptible, it can be shed and recreated without corruption – unlike the NATURAL BODY…

When Jesus entered the room (not THROUGH the locked doors – not THROUGH the Walls … But directly INTO THE ROOM RIGHT AMONG THE DISCIPLES) did he enter IN A BODY?
    No? The body needs to retain all parts together – No, Jesus entered in SPIRIT AND MATERIALISED HIS BODY IN THE ROOM.

The TRANSITION is BY the Spirit – the Materialisation is IN the BODY.

How do you send a Fax from one place to another?
    Do you send the physical paper? No…
    How long does it take to send a letter from that same start place to a distant place?
    How long does it take the Facsimile?
    Yet the letter is RECREATED by the Fax (This is a human analogy, Mike!)
    What is the Spirit of the letter? The words and images and drawings…
    What is the BODY of the letter? The physical paper that is used to CONTAIN the words images and drawings.
    The SPIRIT is TRANSITIONED from one place to the other – and EMBODIED at the target point…
    In the human analogy, imagine that the paper going through the fax is completely shredded back to dust as the fax is sent.
    That BODY and Spirit of the letter no longer EXISTS at that place… But only at the target place…

Wow, man, how can you deny such a glorious thing – yet have NO IDEA OF YOUR OWN HOW?

On earth – to go visit uncle Joe in Australia, Mike, would not mean endless days in a cramped air polluting aeroplane – just WANT TO BE there – and you ARE THERE… in body…

Right now I wish I was at work – late… Oooh – ok… That was quick… Sorry, gotta go -boss is calling me…Be right there in a minute, boss!!

Istari
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,13:07)

And who will vilify me?

Have I not said, 'Mikeboll, come into the penfold of truth and we will welcome you with open arms and much joy'

You haven't said anything “welcoming” to me in over a year, viper.

But your own words “vilify” you every time you post your nonsense.

It seems I've asked yet another question you are unable to answer, huh?  :)  What are we up to now – 50?  :D

Istari, you are a fool.  You cannot answer direct points, but only throw the crap you are so full of at others.

Do you think I'm the only one who says this?  :)

Bye bye clown.  I'm done responding to you.  One should never argue with an idiot – they only bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.

This is the COPY CAT MIKBOLL.

When he cannot get his own way he turns into a child.

How many times has he left this thread now: FIVE TIMES…

Poor mike, one day you may read back these things and wonder how it all could be that you could be so wrong!!

Ah, diddums wants me to say nice things to him – is he my wife? Here, here are some flowers:
    @%@
    ~#~
    \¥/
    \/
    ||

Istari
    Participant

Everyone see that Mike is losing his footing on what he is floundering over.

He has nothing of cohesiveness to say.

He asks SEPARATE questions to SEPARATE parts of his belief so that he does not have to Join them up.

He can't JOIN them up because they don't fit – so he uses the old brazier trick: Lift and Separate!

He lifts up Kerwin and Terraricca – and tries to separate Rena and Istari…

Poor poor Mikeboll – did someone, anyone, pray for him like I asked – does he have any friends who want to SAVE HIS SOUL?

Istari
    Participant

See also that Mike only picked a SPECIFIC point to post back as a kick back…

It seems he cannot refute the rest else he EXPOSES HIMSELF MORE so he slithers away further down his dank hole (Oh, did he call me a fool – surely I got a tile for that? T8…)

Mike has a habit of avoiding ANYTHING THAT is TRUTH AGAINST HIM – yet another here says MIKE IS BEING RIGHTEOUS IN SEEKING TRUTH FROM A POSITION OF ERROR – yeah, BACKWARDS…
    The closer to truth he gets the further back he slides (Work that one out!)

The closer to truth you are – the more distant you slide back by denying the next STEP on the ladder of truth (Anyone here play Snakes and Ladders. Mike has the Snake part covered…)

Istari
    Participant

Gene says that 'Spirits are what are IN BODIES'
    Mike says, 'Rubbish, Spirits are IN BODIES'

Istari
    Participant

Has anyone done any searches on the Internet and found any others of discordant minds like Mikeboll, Terraricca and Irene concerning 'Spirits with Bodies'.

I did a search and found not one single person saying 'yes' apart from those who don't really mind HOW they talk…

I think Mike has researched the Internet and has found NO SUPPORT so he is keeping QUIET on those avenues.

Has anyone noticed that he DEMANDS responses from SCRIPTURES ONLY – yet in all other threads he is the first to run for netNotes and netBIBLE and what the Church Fathers said… Not one thing here though…

He can't even use a dictionary definition of BODY but uses his own offering.
    He refuses to define SPIRIT even though it is a crux point to the understanding of what we talking about (Maybe because the dictionary says, 'Spirit: Immaterial, Bodiless, Invisible' but despite that Mike redefines 'Immaterial' to say 'Does not mean 'without material' because we (that is HE, mikeboll64, Terraricca and Irene) knows it MUST BE MADE OF SOME MATERIAL'… duh – what?)

Oh, and Irene – Mike, soon after Irene ADMITTED THAT SHE WAS WRONG about BOTH 'Spiritual Body' AND 'Ceslestial Bodies' because I held her to the HOLY SPIRIT for her answer – she DENIED THAT SHE SAID SHE WAS WRONG… hence she STILL BELIEVES as you do – or what you led her to believe.. Mike, YOU NEED TO BRING HER BACK … she is led by whom she trusts – and she trusts no Man – so you are perfect for the job!!
    I mean, you led her into the wilderness – you lead her back out of it!!

csaliba
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ June 22 2011,09:38)
    Charles

Pierre,

there are two places who are  with evil spirit that is the heaven and the earth

Satan and his angels are fighting in the heaven and the powers of the earth,

No  No  Pierre, All that is over and done with

you are right so hem I ,the heaven around the earth not the heaven in front of the throne of God ,like in the book of Job,

so we understand each other that is good,

Luke 23:27And following Him was a large crowd of the people, and of women who were mourning and lamenting Him. 28But Jesus turning to them said, “Daughters of Jerusalem, stop weeping for Me, but weep for yourselves and for your children. 29“For behold, the days are coming when they will say, ‘Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that never bore, and the breasts that never nursed.’ 30“Then they will begin TO SAY TO THE MOUNTAINS, ‘FALL ON US,’ AND TO THE HILLS, ‘COVER US.’ 31“For if they do these things when the tree is green, what will happen when it is dry?”

this verses apply to Israel like 70 AD

Pierre

Pierre,

this verses apply to Israel like 70 AD

I agree that it was a reference to Israel,but Jesus own a great dimension in His vision, Israel of today is the whole world especially Christians.

Don't forget that Israel were the people of God of the old testament,now since Jesus wanted to establish a new people of the new Testament,He established His church,Christians officially,but unofficially is the whole world, since He died for the whole world.

Civilisation is not the road to salvation,in fact it is the road to destruction if it is not within control all the time through the Gospel,of brotherhood,charity,love,simplicity,compassion,and so on.

It is our responsibility to establish Jesus Christ within our world within a universal church.

That's what Jesus died for!!

Regarding heaven round our globe, this heaven will never leave our atmosphere for sure, because the only interest is only in us,and where we live,so they are all the time with us waiting for that least moment of any conflict to instigate us and encourage us to commit even the least evil.

Peace and love in our Lord Jesus Christ

terraricca
    Participant

Charles

Don't forget that Israel were the people of God of the old testament,now since Jesus wanted to establish a new people of the new Testament,He established His church,Christians officially,but unofficially is the whole world, since He died for the whole world.

there are no longer Jews or Greeks we are all gentiles even the Jews of today,there is only one way to worship God and that is IN TRUTH AND IN SPIRIT AND NOT FORGETTING YOUR HEART, FIRST COMMANDMENT .

so in this way we become disciples of Christ and his father,I do not see how you can see a earthly church to find is justification of existence ?

it would be a church rebellious toward Christ and God ,because it would put it selves in between the worshipers and Christ and God,this is the subtlety of the devil to take away what is belonging to God and Christ for it self.

It is our responsibility to establish Jesus Christ within our world within a universal church.

NO ,it is not our responsibility ;this was given from Christ to his apostles but the messages got reoriented by the wolves in the pen house,
    they have taken away the fruits for themselves and so enjoyed the spoils from the kingdom of God and so become guilty before God for all the stolen souls,
    by given to God the worship he demand in spirit and truth there is no middle position in my understanding

Pierre

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ June 22 2011,07:32)

Quote (kerwin @ June 20 2011,23:32)
    “The” dwell in” is where you seem to have the trouble with understanding my point as both the evil spirit dwell and the demon dwell in the victim though the later dwells through former.    The demon departs or is driven out when the victim is freed from the evil spirit (character attribute).

Hi Kerwin,

Read the last scripture I gave you again…………..the demons ARE the evil spirits that Jesus expelled.  It cannot be any clearer from the words used.  If you want to ADD implications into the scripture that aren't there, that's up to you.

I'm done with this discussion because I have showed you the perfect scripture that says the DEMONS asked Jesus to let them go into the pigs, and Jesus, GRANTING THEIR REQUEST, sent the EVIL SPIRITS into the pigs.  There is not one single thing in that wording that would imply the evil spirits and the demons were different things.

When people start to make comments like “it's going to take more than the scriptural words to figure this one out”, it's time for me to bail.  Those scriptural words are ALL we have to go on, and the scriptural words I showed you are clear, concise, and free from the added implications you claim.

peace,
    mike

Mike,

I did not add implications.  I pointed out an by idea already explained by example in scripture.  That idea is that one entituy lives in another through a spirit.  For example God lives in Jesus by the Spirit of Holiness.

You should able to understand that idea. If you can't then we should address that issue before examining mysteries in which it may be involved.

It is still a good advice for me to reexamine the scripture you speak of. Thank you!

Viewing 20 posts - 3,201 through 3,220 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account