Do spirits have bodies?

Viewing 20 posts - 2,621 through 2,640 (of 5,412 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ May 20 2011,13:19)
    Can you touch the wind when it is not in your presence?
    Can the wind affect you directly when it is not in your presence?

What about when it IS in your presence?

How did it gather it's BODY together to impact on you?

Where did that BODY go when it Disappeared again?

What was it's purpose in influencing the elements on and about you?

Who SENT IT and did it achieve it's purpose?

What is THE WIND – is it not a great FORCE acting on the elements in thd physical world.

So too is the Spirit?

istari

anything that as been created by God did not exist prior to his creation but when God created that thing ,gases,water liquid or solid,stone ,black hole ,galaxy,planets,angels ,tree ,men ,animal,fish,birds, what ever ,they all received their form and so occupied a space according to what God as made them,and perform within that space,

Pierre

Istari
    Participant

I'm writing like this cos my mobile is running out of power – it's losing it's Spirit force…

When the gas leaves it's embodied container – does it not mingle with the gasses around it?
    What SEPARATES that gas from the other gasses in the air: Nothing….
    Yet that gas that escaped from the bottle could be regathered by an intelligent process and be once again embodied inside the bottle.

Do the reverse : The Spirit Gas is free but then gathered in a BODY called flesh which is only chemical matter all around us.. Carbon, oxygen, hydrogen, nitrogen …the body is created and occupied by the Spirit to function in a HUMAN MANNER in the physical world – then it frees itself from the RESTRICTIONS OF THE BODY and returns to the FREE ENEMCUMBERED Spirit world.

Istari
    Participant

Terraricca,
    You sneaked in SPIRIT (Angels) in among the Physical elements of creation.

This is deliberate and shows you are not a true person.

Your arguments are forever pointless and only set to create controversy.

If you have nothing worthwhile to say – say nothing!

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ May 20 2011,13:38)
    Terraricca,

Istari

unless you can prove that angels were never created and always  existed ,you have no claim of anything;

if they have been created then they are part of all creation.

truth is truth according to God not according to Istari,or anyone else.
    it says in scriptures that God at one time was alone and then start to create.

Pierre

Istari
    Participant

Terraricca,

You notice that ALL THE THINGS YOU MENTIONED have PHYSICAL properties.
    These are the things PAUL mentions in 1 Cor 15.

ALL except ANGELS… Terraricca why are you getting wayward – WHAT IS SPIRIT?

Terraricca, If after all this time you have not even so much as looked up nor even understood what SPIRIT IS then you are not worth dialoguing with because it shows you have no desire to learn but just to spew TRUISM as if somehow that will show you as wise!!

Terraricca – WHAT IS SPIRIT – what is the SPIRIT?

You have no idea even when you have one inside – a very poor spirit that is dull and worn.

Your only purpose – like a toothless lion – is to roar loudly hoping to scared little animals.

Istari
    Participant

Terrarica – you have lost your way!

terraricca
    Participant

Istari

Terraricca – WHAT IS SPIRIT – what is the SPIRIT?

You have no idea even when you have one inside – a very poor spirit that is dull and worn.

Your only purpose – like a toothless lion – is to roar loudly hoping to scared little animals.

so I am listening to you so that you explain English what spirit beings are ,what they do ,and not do,and do not forget God our father,

all your explanation have to come from the scriptures ,if not you should go to the section of non believer .I only believe in scriptures,the word of God.

Pierre

shimmer
    Participant

Seeking,

(Terra we are supposed to be ignoring each other!)

I do NOT believe God speakes to anyone in an Audible voice, or whisper, or any such thing. But thats just my opinion. I have seen too many people hearing Audible voices while on drugs/coming off drugs/drinking Alcahol/sick with Delerium or other such. And I have seen people start up Cults in this way such as Islam. Mohammad, in a cave, heard a whisper.

God has no need to give any new understanding today because all we have is in scripture, though the spirit will lead us to understand what we are reading.

I believe God communicates to us in a higher thought that is not our own and through Scripture. Many times I have prayed and asked a question (always in the spirit meaning I feel God there and feel love or some emotion such as sadness in my heart). I experienced it as a higher thought not my own, I knew it was God with no doubt at all. I felt love and comfort and God is love and the spirit is the comforter.  I was given verse but I didnt know what the verses were till I looked them up, I didnt know where anything was in the Bible so it wasnt just coincidence it happened too many times to be just coincidence.

One example I told God I felt LOST and was given a verse to look up, and it said “The son of Man has come for the LOST”. Another time I prayed if what I felt in my HEART was my heart decieving me, and I was given a verse to look up, and the verse said “Follow your HEART but do not sin because you will held accountable”. So everything is answered clearly and it was through scripture. (and this is just two examples there were many many more).

And visions I beieve in visions but once again it has to be of God and to do with Prophecy. Vision is usually to do with Prophecy and things to come.

The Spirit can also lead People to write, this is something else I believe in, writing is often inspired if a person is writing through the spirit. But then again don't be fooled by a well writen piece for even Satan can appear as an Angel of light, and notice too, Bible is writen in simple language, no big fancy words.

Anyone can quote scripture, even Satan did. You will see on other forums big big posts with lots of scripture, but they teach things I don't believe in.

As long as God and Lord Jesus lead us it is ok, but sometimes I believe God sends help, probably more so to Woman. But a Woman should never lead a Man,, unless it is Her Husband.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 20 2011,09:59)
    But a Woman should never lead a Man,, unless it is Her Husband.

Unless it is a non believer who needs help. Thats different.

Istari
    Participant

Terra,
    You don't know anything – you just post scripture verses – a robot could do that.
    What are you doing here. You only make criticism of others without saying anything yourself.
    You believe somehow that simply quoting verses from scriptures makes you pious and godly – terra, it doesn't – it just makes you look silly.

Terra, ANYONE CAN QUOTE SCRIPTURE VERSES – what is YOUR POINT in doing so?

You attack other peoples post with NO OTHER REASON than you have nothing else to do – you have no point to make – you contribute nothing – you bring nothing to the forum – you can't explain the point of your posts – you snip and snipe at others and understand nothing.

What are you doing here Terraricca – do you feel godly for being able to quote scripture verses – big deal!!

Put out or get out… !
    Say something or shut up…!
    You are like a babbling 'Fisher wife'…

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ May 20 2011,15:59)
    Seeking,

(Terra we are supposed to be ignoring each other!)

I do NOT believe God speakes to anyone in an Audible voice, or whisper, or any such thing. But thats just my opinion. I have seen too many people hearing Audible voices while on drugs/coming off drugs/drinking Alcahol/sick with Delerium or other such. And I have seen people start up Cults in this way such as Islam. Mohammad, in a cave, heard a whisper.

God has no need to give any new understanding today because all we have is in scripture, though the spirit will lead us to understand what we are reading.

I believe God communicates to us in a higher thought that is not our own and through Scripture. Many times I have prayed and asked a question (always in the spirit meaning I feel God there and feel love or some emotion such as sadness in my heart). I experienced it as a higher thought not my own, I knew it was God with no doubt at all. I felt love and comfort and God is love and the spirit is the comforter.  I was given verse but I didnt know what the verses were till I looked them up, I didnt know where anything was in the Bible so it wasnt just coincidence it happened too many times to be just coincidence.

One example I told God I felt LOST and was given a verse to look up, and it said “The son of Man has come for the LOST”. Another time I prayed if what I felt in my HEART was my heart decieving me, and I was given a verse to look up, and the verse said “Follow your HEART but do not sin because you will held accountable”. So everything is answered clearly and it was through scripture. (and this is just two examples there were many many more).

And visions I beieve in visions but once again it has to be of God and to do with Prophecy. Vision is usually to do with Prophecy and things to come.

The Spirit can also lead People to write, this is something else I believe in, writing is often inspired if a person is writing through the spirit. But then again don't be fooled by a well writen piece for even Satan can appear as an Angel of light, and notice too, Bible is writen in simple language, no big fancy words.

Anyone can quote scripture, even Satan did. You will see on other forums big big posts with lots of scripture, but they teach things I don't believe in.

As long as God and Lord Jesus lead us it is ok, but sometimes I believe God sends help, probably more so to Woman. But a Woman should never lead a Man,, unless it is Her Husband.

shimmer

you do not say anything that is scriptural,if so show scriptures ,

opinions do not drive to holiness
    and the spirit being is different from the spirit of something.
    do not get confused

Pierre

Istari
    Participant

Terra,

What is a Spirit?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Istari @ May 20 2011,16:28)
    Terra,

What is a Spirit?

Istari

do not reverse the question ,please answer my question or bail out,
    ==========================================
    so I am listening to you so that you explain English what spirit beings are ,what they do ,and not do,and do not forget God our father,

all your explanation have to come from the scriptures ,if not you should go to the section of non believer .I only believe in scriptures,the word of God.

Pierre
    =========================================
    you start this in here;

Terraricca,

Pierre

Istari
    Participant

Terra,
    You will get no answer from me – you have shown that you are not here to discuss scriptures.

You have no understanding and hence your contribution is just to quote verses Hoping that you seem wise. Doesnt work like that, Terra – no, not at all.

So far you have said nothing of value in line with this thread topic except to deride others – what's your purpose here?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ May 19 2011,02:17)
    Insight and visions must be in line with scripture.

Truer words have never been spoken, Shimmer. :)

If Jesus was existing in the form of God, then God has a form. This is an example of aligning your understanding with the words of scripture.

peace,
    mike

Proclaimer
    Participant

Istari, did God create the angels?
    If not, how did they come to be?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Istari @ May 19 2011,02:22)
    Like Mikeboll64, you are probably tainted by pictures of Angels with Wings and other artistic visualisations…

Yes, artistic visualizations insisted upon by the greatest Artist of all. Don't forget it was God who designed the ark.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Angels are MALE

Zechariah 5:9
    Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and there two women were coming out with the wind in their wings; and they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heavens.

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 20 2011,12:27)

Angels are MALE

Then I lifted up my eyes and looked, and there two women were coming out with the wind in their wings; and they had wings like the wings of a stork, and they lifted up the ephah between the earth and the heavens.

Mike, Angel is not mentioned by word in that scripture.

In Hermes, woman are seen in vision all throughout it. I believe Hermes in inspired, and it used to be considered canon. And in Hermes, woman represent something else, such as the church, and men are Angels. I'll start with the men, these are just parts of it……………

“In reply I said to her, “This is magnificent and marvellous. But who are the six young men who are engaged in building?” And she said, “These are the holy angels of God, who were first created, and to whom the Lord handed over His whole creation, that they might increase and build up and rule over the whole creation”.

And the woman in vision who changes from young to old:

And as I prayed, the heavens were opened, and I see the woman whom I had desired saluting me from the sky, and saying, “Hail, Hermas!”…………….(missed out parts)………………… ” hear the words which I am going to speak to you. God, who dwells in the heavens, and made out of nothing the things that exist, and multiplied and increased them on account of His holy Church, is angry with you”……….(missed out parts)………………”After she had spoken these words, the heavens were shut”.

“……………………..While I was thinking over these things, and discussing them in my mind, I saw opposite to me a chair, white, made of white wool, of great size. And there came up an old woman, arrayed in a splendid robe, and with a book in her hand; and she sat down alone, and saluted me, “Hail, Hermas!” And in sadness and tears I said to her, “Lady, hail!” And she said to me, “Why are you downcast, Hermas? for you were wont to be patient and temperate, and always smiling. Why are you so gloomy, and not cheerful?……………….”

“……………………Now a revelation was given to me, my brethren, while I slept, by a young man of comely appearance, who said to me, “Who do you think that woman is from whom you received the book?” And I said, “The Sibyl.” “You are in a mistake,” says he; “it is not the Sibyl.” “Who is it then?” say I. And he said, “It is the Church.” And I said to him, “Why then is she an old woman? “Because,” said he, “she was created first of all. On this account is she old. And for her sake was the world made………………………..”

Seven more woman in vision:

“Do you see seven women around the tower?” “I do, Lady,” said I. “This tower,” said she, “is supported by them according to the precept of the Lord. Listen now to their functions. The first of them, who is clasping her hands, is called Faith. Through her the elect of God are saved. Another, who has her garments tucked up and acts with vigour, is called Self-restraint. She is the daughter of Faith. Whoever then follows her will become happy in his life, because he will restrain himself from all evil works, believing that, if he restrain himself from all evil desire, he will inherit eternal life.” “But the others,” said I, “O Lady, who are they?” And she said to me, “They are daughters of each other. One of them is called Simplicity, another Guilelessness, another Chastity, another Intelligence, another Love. When then you do all the works of their mother, you will be able to live.” “I should like to know,” said I, “O Lady, what power each one of them possesses.” “Hear,” she said, “what power they have. Their powers are regulated by each other, and follow each other in the order of their birth. For from Faith arises Self-restraint; from Self-restraint, Simplicity; from Simplicity, Guilelessness; from Guilelessness, Chastity; from Chastity, Intelligence; and from Intelligence, Love. The deeds, then, of these are pure, and chaste, and divine. Whoever devotes himself to these, and is able to hold fast by their works, shall have his dwelling in the tower with the saints of God.”

But observe that it is not for your own sake only that these revelations have been made to you, but they have been given you that you may show them to all.

The rest can be read here:

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/text/shepherd.html

See the similarities?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ May 19 2011,20:19)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ May 20 2011,12:27)

Angels are MALE

Mike, Angel is not mentioned by word in that scripture.

I know.  But it does make you wonder.  I've heard many claim that angels are all male, and others claim they have no gender at all.  But the fact is that no scripture teaches us either of these things, which brings us back to your very true words about teaching what is in line with the scriptures.

peace,
    mike

Viewing 20 posts - 2,621 through 2,640 (of 5,412 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account