Do men ever go to heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    Those in Christ will have imperishable bodies, not spirit bodies. Since those with those bodies will be rulers over those without they will be material and visible. 1Cor 15.46f, Rev 20.4f

david
    Participant

Since those with those bodies will be rulers over those without they will be material and visible.

Since those with those bodies (spirit bodies???) will be rulers over those without (spirit bodies???) they (who is “they”) will be material and visible.

Can you clarify, please.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Have you read again the reference verses?
    Heavenly bodies like the man from heaven who returned to heaven. Earthly flesh and blood bodies cannot inherit the kingdom of God. The bodies we then inherit, incapable of dying, must survive 1000 years and then eternity.
    Where does “Spirit bodies” ever appear in scripture?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    I see from the CARM site that the JWs believe Jesus did not rise from the dead in his old mortal body but a 'spirit body'. Is that what you are confused about here? What is a 'spirit body'?
    When Thomas put his fingers in the holes in that body what does this mean? We will be like the man from heaven when we rise so will our new bodies be damaged too?
    We will receive our new bodies instantly with the imperishable being put over the old perishable whether we are alive or dead[1Thess 4.16f, 1 Cor 15.52f]
    But the Son of God was arised in his old body. He had special abilities but the body was still damaged flesh and blood and requiring nourishment with food.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    I suspect we are built as living and shaped stones into a city based on the foundation of the apostles-the new Jerusalem-which comes to earth from somewhere in heaven-the place Jesus went to prepare for us- as shown in Rev 21.2

TJStarfire
    Participant

Hi Nick

Where does “Spirit bodies” ever appear in scripture?

In the Holy land up until about 60 years after Jesus was put on the cross.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    You mean resurrected bodies?

TJStarfire
    Participant

Hi David

Do you believe those who live on earth will have spirit bodies?

This is quite a hard question to answer from the scriptures with all of the doctrines which have been removed since the time of Christ by those trying to discredit him over the years.

However, since God is a Spirit ( John 4 ) or rather the lord God of all spirits (Numbers 27)
    and Spirits are entities which can be good or evil, possess people and be cast out, why is it so hard to believe that humans can possess a spirit body?

TJStarfire
    Participant

Well Nick, that isn't what I believe.
    I believe that we all have body of energy surrounding us anchored to our body of flesh.
    The breath of life, a piece of Gods spirit which returns, to Him, to the place He has prepared for us unto the day of judgment once the flesh dies.

david
    Participant

why is it so hard to believe that humans can possess a spirit body?

I don't disbelieve it at all. I do believe that spirit beings reside in the spirit realm, as that is their “proper dwelling place,” (Jude)
    I believe human bodies of flesh were made for the earth and the earth for humans.
    Again, I don't disbelieve that some will be transformed into spirit beings.

david.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ April 21 2006,02:01)

Well Nick, that isn't what I believe.
    I believe that we all have body of energy surrounding us anchored to our body of flesh.
    The breath of life, a piece of Gods spirit which returns, to Him, to the place He has prepared for us unto the day of judgment once the flesh dies.

Hi TJS,
    Do you have any scriptural support for these ideas about energy surrounding us?

TJStarfire
    Participant

Do you have any scriptural support for these ideas about energy surrounding us?

Well none that hasn't been edited out of the modern day bible by the enemies of Christ.
    However, there is a method of photography which captures those energy fields around every living thing.
    You can read the book of Enoch which was a part of the doctrine until shortly after the time of Christ.
    then there are the claims of other seers clear up to modern days
    and there is Christ himself who claims that God is a Spirit in John 4
    and then Romans 1 When they knew God, they glorified him Not As God, neither were they thankful;
    but became Vain in their Imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened.
    Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools. And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man,
    and to birds, and four footed beasts, and creeping things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    You are mixing pseudoscience with scriptural truth and they do not mix.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    This topic could do with more posts.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    A topical thread.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Are the promised mansions of Jn 14 in heaven?
    If so then since the final place of man is shown to be God's kingdom on earth will that not be a comedown? Or it it rather more like the bosom of Abraham?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If the Son of man was the only one to have ascended to heaven what of Elijah and Enoch? Where are they now?

Oxy
    Participant

I don't really understand all the ins and outs, but a couple of years ago my dear mum was drawing to the end of her time, and even though she knew the Lord, I could see the apprehension in her face. I asked the Lord to show her where she was going so that she would not be afraid. Mum saw a vision of Heaven before she died. I have never seen her look so excited! It was not too long after that she went to be with the Lord. Praise His mighty name!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    In another thread m42 said this
    “Some believe because they prayed the sinners prayer 40 years ago that is all that is required. Others have followed more rituals which they believe asure them their place in heaven.

I am interested to know what evidence you have that men ever go to heaven.
    Is not the earth the inheritance of the meek and the final place of men shown in Revelation is on the renewed earth?

david
    Participant

Here you go Debra. You may or may not be surprised to learn that many on here believe that no one goes to heaven, ever. Anyway, here is the thread. Enjoy.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 1,019 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account