Do men ever go to heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    I agree with you.
    The Son of God had seen his God

John 6:46 Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father.

Angels and divine beings do not need human eyes to see in heaven.

Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 18 2008,03:41)

Jesus is at His right hand, but I do not know any scripture which states that he has seen God.

Are you saying that Jesus has not seen God?  Does anyone else agree with this?

invisible means that He cannot be seen

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Christ Jesus is the monogenes son who was sent into the world.
    He knew God when he was with him.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,09:25)
    Hi 94,
    Christ Jesus is the monogenes son who was sent into the world.
    He knew God when he was with him.

Hi Nick:

What does the word “invisible” mean to you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Do you think angels see God?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,10:21)
    Hi 94,
    Do you think angels see God?

No, I don't. God is invisible.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,

Do you not think it relates to human vision?
    Are angels incapable of seeing God?

How do you read this verse?
    Matthew 5:8
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

What did Stephen see?
    Acts 7:56
    And said, Behold, I see the heavens opened, and the Son of man standing on the right hand of God

david
    Participant

Matthew 5:8
    Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.

He reads this as meaning they will 'see' (understand) his qualities.

Oh, I see.

Angels are also invisible (to humans.)
    There's a lot of angels. I haven't seen any. But they do exist.
    But angels are not invisible to each other or to God, are they?

david
    Participant

EXODUS 33:20
    “And he added: “You are not able to see my face, because no man may see me and yet live.””

It's definitely not talking about understanding God's qualities here.
    So why doesn't it say that no one may see me and live. It says “no man.” It says this because God is much more powerful than we are. It's like, I can't see a nuclear explosion and live. Spirit beings can see God though.

JOHN 1:18
    “No man has seen God at any time; the only-begotten god who is in the bosom [position] with the Father is the one that has explained him.”

Again, no “man” has seen God…

That's why WE can rightly call him invisible:
    1 TIMOTHY 1:17
    “Now to the King of eternity, incorruptible, invisible, [the] only God, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.”

When people wrote the definition of “invisible” they weren't thinking about whether angels can see other others, or anything like that. They were thinking about humans being able to see things.

Christ Jesus states: “God is a Spirit [Pneu′ma].” The apostle writes: “Now Jehovah is the Spirit.” (Joh 4:24; 2Co 3:17, 18)

And of course, spirits are invisible…to humans.

Christ spoke of ‘going to his Father,’ this in order that he might “appear before the person of God [literally, “face of God”] for us.”—Joh 16:28; Heb 9:24; compare 1Ki 8:43; Ps 11:4; 113:5, 6

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    What of this verse?
    Matthew 18:10
    “See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,11:51)
    Hi 94,
    What of this verse?
    “See that you do not despise one of these little ones, for I say to you that their angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father who is in heaven.

Hi Nick:

This verse of scripture is warning people against despising or looking down on any child of God as being insignificant, therefore, their angels look to God for instructions in avenging the child of God who has been despised.

If you want to read it, as angels being able to see God, I guess that you can interpret it that way. I just do not see any benefit for it to be taken as meaning that.

The scripture states that God is invisible, and that means He cannot be seen.

Col 1:15
    who is the image of the invisible God, first-born of all creation,

The KJV New Testament Greek Lexicon

Strong's Number: 517 Browse Lexicon
    Original Word Word Origin
    ajovratoß from (1) (as a negative particle) and (3707)
    Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Aoratos 5:368,706
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    ah-or'-at-os Adjective

Definition
    unseen, or that which can not be seen, e.g. invisible

King James Word Usage – Total: 5
    invisible 4, invisible things 1

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Clearly not only God is invisible.
    But it is difficult to assess whether it only relates to human eyes.
    Colossians 1:16
    For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities– all things have been created through Him and for Him.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,13:24)
    Hi 94,
    Clearly not only God is invisible.
    But it is difficult to assess whether it only relates to human eyes.
    Colossians 1:16
    For by Him all things were created, both in the heavens and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities– all things have been created through Him and for Him.

Hi Nick:

For me, what matters is that I have seen Him in the person of my Lord Jesus.

God Bless

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 18 2008,13:14)

Hi 94,
    What of this verse?

Hi Nick:

This verse of scripture is warning people against despising or looking down on any child of God as being insignificant, therefore, their angels look to God for instructions in avenging the child of God who has been despised.

If you want to read it, as angels being able to see God, I guess that you can interpret it that way.  I just do not see any benefit for it to be taken as meaning that.  

Strong's Number:   517  Browse Lexicon  
    ah-or'-at-os      Adjective  

Definition

Hi 94,
    It does say they can SEE THE FACE of God.

Psalm 10:11
    He says to himself, “God has forgotten;He has hidden His face; He will never see it.”
    Psalm 27:9
    Do not hide Your face from me,Do not turn Your servant away in anger;You have been my help; Do not abandon me nor forsake me,O God of my salvation!
    Psalm 67:1
    God be gracious to us and bless us,And cause His face to shine upon us
    Ezekiel 39:29
    “I will not hide My face from them any longer, for I will have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,” declares the Lord GOD.
    Daniel 9:17
    “So now, our God, listen to the prayer of Your servant and to his supplications, and for Your sake, O Lord, let Your face shine on Your desolate sanctuary.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 18 2008,13:37)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 18 2008,13:14)

Hi 94,
    What of this verse?

Hi Nick:

If you want to read it, as angels being able to see God, I guess that you can interpret it that way.  I just do not see any benefit for it to be taken as meaning that.  

Strong's Number:   517  Browse Lexicon  
    ah-or'-at-os      Adjective  

Definition

Hi 94,
    It does say they can SEE THE FACE of God.

Psalm 10:11
    He says to himself, “God has forgotten;He has hidden His face; He will never see it.”
    Psalm 27:9
    Do not hide Your face from me,Do not turn Your servant away in anger;You have been my help; Do not abandon me nor forsake me,O God of my salvation!
    Psalm 67:1
    God be gracious to us and bless us,And cause His face to shine upon us
    Ezekiel 39:29
    “I will not hide My face from them any longer, for I will have poured out My Spirit on the house of Israel,” declares the Lord GOD.
    Daniel 9:17
    “So now, our God, listen to the prayer of Your servant and to his supplications, and for Your sake, O Lord, let Your face shine on Your desolate sanctuary.

Hi Nick:

If that is the way that you want to understand it.

To me what matters is what I have already stated. I have seen Him and I love Him.

God Bless

david
    Participant

Invisible:

# Impossible to see; not visible: Air is invisible.
    # Not accessible to view; hidden: mountain peaks invisible in the fog.
    # Not easily noticed or detected; inconspicuous: “The poor are politically invisible” (Michael Harrington).

http://www.answers.com/topic/invisible

Based on these definitions, I am invisible to you.

Yet, i assure you I can be seen by those near me.

So when the one scriptures you keep quoting say God is “invisible” it is to human eyes.

“no MAN may see me and yet live.” (NOT SPEAKING OF “UNDERSTANDING” GOD, FOR WE ARE ENCOURAGED TO DO THAT)

“angels in heaven continually see the face of My Father”

“Christ entered, . . . into heaven itself, now to appear before the person of God for us.” [literally, “face of God”]

When looking at all the scriptures, and not just the ones that seem to benefit us, I think this is the conclusion we must draw.

NickHassan
    Participant

4samuel

Samuel
    Participant

1 John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

2 1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

“Seeing” could be something either spiritual or physcial. Most people take the physcial. Which in fact I do not think that if you were to actually see GOD in his full glory…with your physcial eyes…would be able to handle it.

However, the scripture tells us that GOD dwelleth in man. So you can see with your soul the very Love and pressence of GOD.

again…

1 John 1:18 No man hath seen God at any time, the only begotten Son, which is in the bosom of the Father, he hath declared him.

2 1 John 4:12 No man hath seen God at any time. If we love one another, God dwelleth in us, and his love is perfected in us.

Thank you and GODBLESS!

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

gollamudi
    Participant

Quote (Samuel @ Mar. 13 2008,04:54)

“Seeing” could be something either spiritual or physcial.  Most people take the physcial.  Which in fact I do not think that if you were to actually see GOD in his full glory…with your physcial eyes…would be able to handle it.

However, the scripture tells us that GOD dwelleth in man.  So you can see with your soul the very Love and pressence of GOD.

again…

Thank you and GODBLESS!

I agree with you brother Samuel

Viewing 20 posts - 401 through 420 (of 1,019 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account