Do men ever go to heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    It says they come from heaven.
    There are no nations we know of anywhere but on earth.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2008,05:23)
    Hi 94,

No, sorry, Nick:

It does not say that they come from heaven to earth.  You are trying to make it say that, but it does not say that at all.

It says:

Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

Notice, that he is not fighting against the nation will a literal sword.  The scripture states that ” out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations”.

The wrath of God on those who are alive and receive the Mark of the Beast is the seven last plagues:

Revelation 15

1 And I saw another sign in heaven, great and marvellous, seven angels having the seven last plagues; for in them is filled up the wrath of God. 2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God. 3 And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvellous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints. F25 4 Who shall not fear thee, O Lord, and glorify thy name? for thou only art holy: for all nations shall come and worship before thee; for thy judgments are made manifest.

Revelation 16

1 And I heard a great voice out of the temple saying to the seven angels, Go your ways, and pour out the vials of the wrath of God upon the earth. 2 And the first went, and poured out his vial upon the earth; and there fell a noisome and grievous sore upon the men which had the mark of the beast, and upon them which worshipped his image.

I don't believe that I want to be on earth during the time that this is going on, do you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You say
    “No, sorry, Nick:

It does not say that they come from heaven to earth.”
    Neither did I state that.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Rev 19:14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God.

This is written following the last natural expressions of the wrath of God on the earth and the heavenly bodies.

Indeed then we shall see the full effectiveness of the Word of God in the mouth of Jesus against the enemies of God.

Participant

Hi Nick:

This is what you said:

Hi 94,

So, are you not implying that The Lord and those who follow him come from heaven to earth, and that he will rule on earth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Where are nations shown in the bible other than on earth?

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2008,06:31)
    Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

You didn't answer my question. Are you not implying that the Lord and those who follow him will come from heaven to earth and that the Lord will reign on earth?

If the seven last plagues are poured out on these nations, “hail stones as large as a talent”, what will be left of them?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    You can draw any implied conclusions you like but please do not ascribe to me statements I do not make.
    Now for your question?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 11 2008,06:48)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2008,06:31)
    Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

You didn't answer my question.  Are you not implying that the Lord and those who follow him will come from heaven to earth and that the Lord will reign on earth?

If the seven last plagues are poured out on these nations, “hail stones as large as a talent”, what will be left of them?

Hi 94,
    Some must survive for Christ and his brothers to rule the nations.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2008,06:56)
    Hi 94,
    You can draw any implied conclusions you like but please do not ascribe to me statements I do not make.
    Now for your question?

Hi Nick:

You say:

Hi 94,
    Now for your question?

If I did something wrong, then I appologize, and we will just let the Lord be the judge of what you said or didn't say.

And you say:

Hi 94,
    Some must survive for Christ and his brothers to rule the nations.

I doubt that any of God's enemies will survive.  There is no more forgiveness after someone has received the “Mark of the Beast”.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    We know some survive the tribulation as saints and so must avoid the pressure for all to be marked.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2008,07:43)
    Hi 94,
    We know some survive the tribulation as saints and so must avoid the pressure for all to be marked.

Hi Nick:

My understanding is that those of us born again Christians who are alive when the Lord comes for the church will go through approximately 45 days of the great tribulation, and then we will be taken out of this earth.  

Matt. 24:14
    And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.  
    24:15
    When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand (5756) in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)  

Matt. 24 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.  
    24:22
    And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.  
    24:23
    Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.  
    24:24
    For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect.  
    24:25
    Behold, I have told you before.  
    24:26
    Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, he is in the secret chambers; believe it not.  
    24:27
    For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  
    24:28
    For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.  
    24:29
    Immediately * * after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken:  
    24:30
    And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.  
    24:31
    And he shall send his angels with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other *.  
    24:32

Daniel12:10
    Many shall be purified, and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly: and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand.  
    12:11
    And from the time that the daily sacrifice shall be taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set up, there shall be a thousand two hundred and ninety days.  
    12:12
    Blessed is he that waiteth, and cometh to the thousand three hundred and five and thirty days.  

From the time the abomination of desolation is set up 1290 days from the time the daily sacrifice is stopped, Blessed is he that waiteth and cometh to the 1335 days.  1335-1290 is 45 days.

Rev 7:13
    And one of the elders answered, saying unto me, What are these which are arrayed in white robes? and whence came they ?  
    7:14
    And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them * * white in the blood of the Lamb.  
    Rev. 7:15
    Therefore are they before the throne of God, and serve him day and night in his temple: and he that sitteth on the throne shall dwell among them.  
    7:16
    They shall hunger no more, neither thirst any more; neither * * shall the sun light on them, nor any heat.  
    7:17
    For the Lamb which is in the midst of the throne shall feed them, and shall lead them unto living fountains of waters: and God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes.  

These are said to serve God in His day and night in His temple.

When New Jerusalem is established on earth, there will be no temple.

Rev. 21:22
    And I saw no temple therein *: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it.

There is only one resurrection for the saints, and I don't see any staying here on earth while the wrath of God is being poured on the wicked.  If someone is not in the ark of safety, at the coming of the Lord for the church, there is no second chance. This will be just as it was in the days of Noah.

1 Co. 15:22
    For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.  
    15:23
    But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.  
    15:24
    Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.  
    15:25
    For he must reign, till he hath put * all enemies under his feet.  
    15:26
    The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  
    15:27
    For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith * all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  
    15:28
    And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.  

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Some are saved through the tribulation.
    God uses that suffering as a crucible to rescue more of His people.
    Revelation 7:14
    And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2008,09:00)
    Hi 94,
    And I said unto him, Sir, thou knowest. And he said to me, These are they which came out of great tribulation, and have washed their robes, and made them white in the blood of the Lamb.

Hi Nick:

I agree that all of us go through tribulation and some will go through great tribulation, but I don't believe that anyone on earth will survive throughout the great tribulation.

Matt. 24:37
    But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  
    24:38
    For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,  
    24:39
    And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  

Did anyone except those who were in Noah's ark survive the flood?

david
    Participant

PSALM 103:19-21
    “Jehovah himself has firmly established his throne in the very heavens; And over everything his own kingship has held domination. Bless Jehovah, O YOU angels of his, mighty in power, carrying out his word, By listening to the voice of his word. Bless Jehovah, all YOU armies of his, You ministers of his, doing his will.”

2 CHRONICLES 20:6
    “and he proceeded to say: “O Jehovah the God of our forefathers, are you not God in the heavens, and are you not dominating over all the kingdoms of the nations, and are there not in your hand power and mightiness, with no one to hold his ground against you?”

MATTHEW 23:22
    “and he that swears by heaven is swearing by the throne of God and by him that is sitting on it.”

ACTS 7:49
    “‘The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What sort of house will YOU build for me? Jehovah says. Or what is the place for my resting?”

1 KINGS 8:49
    “you must also hear from the heavens, your established place of dwelling, their prayer and their request for favor, and you must execute judgment for them,”

PSALM 2:4-6
    “The very One sitting in the heavens will laugh; Jehovah himself will hold them in derision. At that time he will speak to them in his anger And in his hot displeasure he will disturb them, [Saying:] “I, even I, have installed my king Upon Zion, my holy mountain.””

PSALM 76:8
    “From heaven you caused the legal contest to be heard; The earth itself feared and kept quiet”

MATTHEW 3:17
    “Look! Also, there was a voice from the heavens that said: “This is my Son, the beloved, whom I have approved.””

JUDE 6
    “And the angels that did not keep their original position but forsook their own proper dwelling place he has reserved with eternal bonds under dense darkness for the judgment of the great day.”
    Yes, God can choose as he wishes, but the angels (spirits) have a proper dwelling place–the spiritual heavens. They do not belong on the earth for they are spirits.
    Similarly, “God is a spirit” and he has firmly established his throne in the very heavens” as the first scripture says.

david
    Participant

so, according to the BIBLE:

“Jehovah himself has firmly established his throne in the very heavens.”
    Heaven is his “established place of dwelling.”

–THE BIBLE

Nick, I'm wondering what your answer to this biblical question would be:
    “‘The heaven is my throne, and the earth is my footstool. What sort of house will YOU build for me? Jehovah says. Or what is the place for my resting?”

Jehovah the Almighty is asking you Nick: What sort of house will you build for him? Where will he lay his head? This is foolishness of course.

The Bible says that “the heavens and the heaven of the heavens cannot contain him,” (2 chron 2:6) but you believe he will live on earth?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 11 2008,09:16)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 11 2008,09:00)
    Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

I agree that all of us go through tribulation and some will go through great tribulation, but I don't believe that anyone on earth will survive throughout the great tribulation.

Matt. 24:37
    But as the days of Noe were, so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  
    24:38
    For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,  
    24:39
    And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be.  

Did anyone except those who were in Noah's ark survive the flood?

Hi 94,
    Does that scripture you quote rather more show the similar ignorance and complacency that those other living in the era with Noah demonstrated, as will also be the case when the time of the end suddenly comes?

david
    Participant

1 KINGS 8:27
    ““But will God truly dwell upon the earth? Look! The heavens, yes, the heaven of the heavens, themselves cannot contain you; how much less, then, this house that I have built!”

david
    Participant

2 CHRONICLES 6:18
    ““But will God truly dwell with mankind upon the earth? Look! Heaven, yes, the heaven of the heavens themselves, cannot contain you; how much less, then, this house that I have built?”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    God never leaves heaven but His Spirit has ever been moving over earth and among men[Gen1, Acts 17, Ps 139]. He was in His Son and in His children and will never leave them. He will be in his Son when the Son returns to rule with his brothers in the seat of David.

And He will make His dwelling place again on the new earth as Rev21 shows.

Viewing 20 posts - 301 through 320 (of 1,019 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account