Do men ever go to heaven?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,019 total)
  • Author
    Participant

Hi All:

I believe that this thread was created to answer the question: “Do men ever go to heaven?”, and I believe that we established that, yes, Christians will be in heaven during the time that God is pouring out his wrath on the wicked.

I have been following some of the converstion between Nick and David, and I have just a couple of thoughts that I'd like to share:

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number:   03389  Browse Lexicon  
    Original Word Word Origin
    ~lXwry a dual (in allusion to its two main hills [the true pointing, at least of the former reading, seems to be that of (03390)]), probably from (the passive participle of) (03384) and (07999)
    Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Y@ruwshalaim  
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    yer-oo-shaw-lah'-im      Proper Name Location  

Definition
    Jerusalem = “teaching of peace”
    the chief city of Palestine and capital of the united kingdom and the nation of Judah after the split

I want to focus on the fact that the name “Jerusalem” means teaching of peace.  We know that the Jeursalem that is in the Middle East is not at this time teaching peace.

Jesus said the following:

Matt. 5:14
    Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot * be hid.

Re 3:12
    Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

We who are born again Christians are that city, Jerusalem, that is teaching peace, specifically, peace with God through Jesus, God's Son and His Christ through our commision to go into all of the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mt 19:28
    And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt. 16:18
    And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  
    16:19
    And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  

4:11
    And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  
    4:12
    For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  
    4:13
    Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  
    4:14
    That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness *, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;  
    4:15
    But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:  

Jesus is on His on the throne of David as ruler over the Israel of God since he ascended to the right hand of God even unto the present, and those who have been ordained by him as the authority in the church are ruling with him in that he has delegated that authority to them saying, “

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 10 2008,09:23)
    Hi All:

I believe that this thread was created to answer the question: “Do men ever go to heaven?”, and I believe that we established that, yes, Christians will be in heaven during the time that God is pouring out his wrath on the wicked.

I have been following some of the converstion between Nick and David, and I have just a couple of thoughts that I'd like to share:

The KJV Old Testament Hebrew Lexicon

Strong's Number:   03389  Browse Lexicon  
    Original Word Word Origin
    ~lXwry a dual (in allusion to its two main hills [the true pointing, at least of the former reading, seems to be that of (03390)]), probably from (the passive participle of) (03384) and (07999)
    Transliterated Word TDNT Entry
    Y@ruwshalaim  
    Phonetic Spelling Parts of Speech
    yer-oo-shaw-lah'-im      Proper Name Location  

Definition
    Jerusalem = “teaching of peace”
    the chief city of Palestine and capital of the united kingdom and the nation of Judah after the split

I want to focus on the fact that the name “Jerusalem” means teaching of peace.  We know that the Jeursalem that is in the Middle East is not at this time teaching peace.

Jesus said the following:

Matt. 5:14
    Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot * be hid.

Re 3:12
    Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

We who are born again Christians are that city, Jerusalem, that is teaching peace, specifically, peace with God through Jesus, God's Son and His Christ through our commision to go into all of the world and preach the gospel to every creature.

Mt 19:28
    And Jesus said unto them, Verily I say unto you, That ye which have followed me, in the regeneration when the Son of man shall sit in the throne of his glory, ye also shall sit upon twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel.

Matt. 16:18
    And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  
    And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven.  

4:11
    And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;  
    4:12
    For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:  
    4:13
    Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:  
    4:14
    That we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness *, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;  
    4:15
    But speaking the truth in love, may grow up into him in all things, which is the head, even Christ:  

Jesus is on His on the throne of David as ruler over the Israel of God since he ascended to the right hand of God even unto the present, and those who have been ordained by him as the authority in the church are ruling with him in that he has delegated that authority to them saying, “

And I will give unto thee the keys of the kingdom of heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt bind on earth shall be bound in heaven: and whatsoever thou shalt loose on earth shall be loosed in heaven

The last Quote that whoever thou shall bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven was added by the Catholic Church according to some and not in the original text.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Participant

Hi Mrs:

Please give me your source for your statement:

The last Quote that whoever thou shall bind on earth shall be bound in Heaven was added by the Catholic Church according to some and not in the original text.

The Lord states it again here, unless this is also an addition to the original text:

15 “If your brother sins against you, go and show him his fault, just between the two of you. If he listens to you, you have won your brother over. 16 But if he will not listen, take one or two others along, so that 'every matter may be established by the testimony of two or three witnesses.' 17 If he refuses to listen to them, tell it to the church; and if he refuses to listen even to the church, treat him as you would a pagan or a tax collector. 18 “I tell you the truth, whatever you bind on earth will be bound in heaven, and whatever you loose on earth will be loosed in heaven. 19 “Again, I tell you that if two of you on earth agree about anything you ask for, it will be done for you by my Father in heaven.

Those in authority in the church have been delegated the authority by the Lord to govern the church.
    This is the meaning of this scripture.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94,
    Again as quoted in the NT.
    Micah 5:2
    But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.
    He will rule earth from earth.

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2008,12:25)
    Hi 94,
    But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.

Hi Nick:

He is ruling from heaven now, and he has delegated the authority on earth to his disciples.

Where does the following scripture that you quote say that he will rule earth from earth?

Matt. 28:18
    And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
    28:19
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
    28:20
    Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway *, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

Participant

Hi Nick:

Also,

15:22
    For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive.
    15:23
    But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming.
    15:24
    Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.
    15:25
    For he must reign, till he hath put * all enemies under his feet.
    15:26
    The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.
    15:27
    For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith * all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.
    15:28
    And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 10 2008,12:35)

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

He is ruling from heaven now, and he has delegated the authority on earth to his disciples.

Where does the following scripture that you quote say that he will rule earth from earth?

And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.  
    Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:  
    Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you alway *, even unto the end of the world. Amen.  

Hi 94,
    Are you suggesting the King of kings returns to earth, then goes back to heaven to rule his kingdom?
    Does he stay here for long, and why would he rule from heaven?
    Do you have any confirmation from scripture for this odd idea?

david
    Participant

“But thou, Bethlehem Ephratah, though thou be little among the thousands of Judah, yet out of thee shall he come forth unto me that is to be ruler in Israel; whose goings forth have been from of old, from everlasting.”

Sorry, Nick, again, doesn't say anything at all about him ruling from the earth here, not in the slightest.

david
    Participant

Nick, if he has always lived in heaven and only came to the earth for a few years so that he could die a sacraficial death, then it is you who has the odd idea–being that he will live on the earth. He is at the right hand of his father. He has always lived in heaven, with the exception of when he came to the earth to die as a perfect man, as the last adam. He had to be equivalent to adam to do that. That's the reason he had to become flesh and reside among us. But that reason has come and gone. He is a mighty heavenly spirit.

It is an odd idea to say he must live on earth again.

david
    Participant

Excellent point:

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (david @ Feb. 10 2008,14:43)

Nick, if he has always lived in heaven and only came to the earth for a few years so that he could die a sacraficial death, then it is you who has the odd idea–being that he will live on the earth.  He is at the right hand of his father.  He has always lived in heaven, with the exception of when he came to the earth to die as a perfect man, as the last adam.  He had to be equivalent to adam to do that.  That's the reason he had to become flesh and reside among us.  But that reason has come and gone.  He is a mighty heavenly spirit.

It is an odd idea to say he must live on earth again.

Hi David,
    I do not know about you but I rely on the promise that we always will be with him.
    I do not think he will be an absentee landlord leaving the work to his brothers and I do not see such an idea in scripture.
    Do you?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi David,
    So we agree that Christ comes back to earth. We agree he does some things while he is here.
    But you add that he goes away again and use this justification.

“Nick, if he has always lived in heaven and only came to the earth for a few years so that he could die a sacraficial death, then it is you who has the odd idea–being that he will live on the earth. He is at the right hand of his father. He has always lived in heaven, with the exception of when he came to the earth to die as a perfect man, as the last adam. He had to be equivalent to adam to do that. That's the reason he had to become flesh and reside among us. But that reason has come and gone.”

Logic is never sufficient evidence on matters of truth and you should know that.
    We would like you to show us where it is written what you teach here,
    that Christ goes back to heaven again.

Why do I always have the idea I am arguing with a religious denomination when I discuss matters with you? Please tell us when you ever show us an original thought of your own.
    \

Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 10 2008,14:01)

Quote (942767 @ Feb. 10 2008,12:35)

Hi 94,

Hi Nick:

Hi 94,
    Are you suggesting the King of kings returns to earth, then goes back to heaven to rule his kingdom?

Hi Nick:

My understanding is that Jesus is now ruling from heaven and has delegated to his disciples the authortiy to govern the church on earth.

The gospel will preached in all of the earth and then the end will come.  Jesus will come for the church, and the church will be with him in heaven during the 1000 years commonly called the millenium.

“Matt. 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come. 15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:) “

“Matt. 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: 30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory. 31 And he shall send his angels with F46 a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other. “

All of the wicked who are alive at his coming for the church will have received the Mark of the Beast and will be judged by the seven last plagues according to their works.  

“Rev 19 –

1 And after these things I heard a great voice of much people in heaven, saying, Alleluia; Salvation, and glory, and honour, and power, unto the Lord our God: 2 For true and righteous are his judgments: for he hath judged the great whore, which did corrupt the earth with her fornication, and hath avenged the blood of his servants at her hand. 3 And again they said, Alleluia. And her smoke rose up for ever and ever. 4 And the four and twenty elders and the four beasts fell down and worshipped God that sat on the throne, saying, Amen; Alleluia.

5 And a voice came out of the throne, saying, Praise our God, all ye his servants, and ye that fear him, both small and great. 6 And I heard as it were the voice of a great multitude, and as the voice of many waters, and as the voice of mighty thunderings, saying, Alleluia: for the Lord God omnipotent reigneth. 7 Let us be glad and rejoice, and give honour to him: for the marriage of the Lamb is come, and his wife hath made herself ready. 8 And to her was granted that she should be arrayed in fine linen, clean and white: F31 for the fine linen is the righteousness of saints. 9 And he saith unto me, Write, Blessed are they which are called unto the marriage supper of the Lamb. And he saith unto me, These are the true sayings of God. 10 And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. 17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. 19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. “

During the 1000 years in heaven, the wicked dead will be judged by the saints, and will be resurrected to receive their judgment.  I know that the lake of fire is the destination of all of the wicked dead, but their punishment will not be the same in that they will be punished according to their works.  This is what the saints will determine.  The punishment for each of the wicked dead during the 1000 years in heaven with Jesus.

“4 And I saw thrones, and they sat upon them, and judgment was given unto them: and I saw the souls of them that were beheaded for the witness of Jesus, and for the word of God, and which had not wors
    hipped the beast, neither his image, neither had received his mark upon their foreheads, or in their hands; and they lived and reigned with Christ a thousand years. 5 But the rest of the dead lived not again until the thousand years were finished. This is the first resurrection. 6 Blessed and holy is he that hath part in the first resurrection: on such the second death hath no power, but they shall be priests of God and of Christ, and shall reign with him a thousand years.”

“1 Co. 6:2 Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world?”

” Rev 20:10 And the devil that deceived them was cast into the lake of fire and brimstone, where the beast and the false prophet are, and shall be tormented day and night for ever and ever.

11 And I saw a great white throne, and him that sat on it, from whose face the earth and the heaven fled away; and there was found no place for them. 12 And I saw the dead, small and great, stand before God; and the books were opened: and another book was opened, which is the book of life: and the dead were judged out of those things which were written in the books, according to their works. 13 And the sea gave up the dead which were in it; and death and hell F32 delivered up the dead which were in them: and they were judged every man according to their works. 14 And death and hell were cast into the lake of fire. This is the second death. 15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.”

After this period of time, God will make the heaven and earth anew, and at that time we see New Jerusalem coming down from heaven.  It is at that time that Jesus will come down to earth.  The kingdom will have been delivered to God at that time when all of God's enemies have been put under his feet including death.

” Revelation 21

1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea. 2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband. 3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God. 4 And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away. 5 And he that sat upon the throne said, Behold, I make all things new. And he said unto me, Write: for these words are true and faithful. 6 And he said unto me, It is done. I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end. I will give unto him that is athirst of the fountain of the water of life freely. 7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; F33 and I will be his God, and he shall be my son. 8 But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

9 And there came unto me one of the seven angels which had the seven vials full of the seven last plagues, and talked with me, saying, Come hither, I will shew thee the bride, the Lamb's wife. 10 And he carried me away in the spirit to a great and high mountain, and shewed me that great city, the holy Jerusalem, descending out of heaven from God, 11 Having the glory of God: and her light was like unto a stone most precious, even like a jasper stone, clear as crystal; 12 And had a wall great and high, and had twelve gates, and at the gates twelve angels, and names written thereon, which are the names of the twelve tribes of the children of Israel: 13 On the east three gates; on the north three gates; on the south three gates; and on the west three gates. 14 And the wall of the city had twelve foundations, and in them the names of the twelve apostles of the Lamb. 15 And he that talked with me had a golden reed to measure the city, and the gates thereof, and the wall thereof. 16 And the city lieth foursquare, and the length is as large as the breadth: and he measured the city with the reed, twelve thousand furlongs. The length and the breadth and the height of it are equal. 17 And he measured the wall thereof, an hundred and forty and four cubits, according to the measure of a man, that is, of the angel. 18 And the building of the wall of it was of jasper: and the city was pure gold, like unto clear glass. 19 And the foundations of the wall of the city were garnished with all manner of precious stones. The first foundation was jasper; the second, sapphire; the third, a chalcedony; the fourth, an emerald; 20 The fifth, sardonyx; the sixth, sardius; the seventh, chrysolite; the eighth, beryl; the ninth, a topaz; the tenth, a chrysoprasus; the eleventh, a jacinth; the twelfth, an amethyst. 21 And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. 22 And I saw no temple therein: for the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb are the temple of it. 23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof. 24 And the nations of them which are saved shall walk in the light of it: and the kings of the earth do bring their glory and honour into it. 25 And the gates of it shall not be shut at all by day: for there shall be no night there. 26 And they shall bring the glory and honour of the nations into it. 27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.”

david
    Participant

Nick:

Hi David,
    So we agree that Christ comes back to earth.

sorry if I gave you this idea when agreeing with a comment. I do not believe Jesus becomes human again or will be walking around on the earth.

Hi Nick:

My understanding is that Jesus is now ruling from heaven and has delegated to his disciples the authortiy to govern the church on earth.

This is basically my understanding.

david
    Participant

taken from “earth” thread:

Hi david,
    God and His Christ and those reborn into Christ will rule earth from earth.

When God ruled the nation of israel, he did not have to be on the earth. The heavens of the heavens cannot contain him. and you think he will literally be on the earth, as a man, I guess.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi 94
    Rev 19
    11 And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. 12 His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself. 13 And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. 14 And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean. 15 And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. 16 And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. 17 And I saw an angel standing in the sun; and he cried with a loud voice, saying to all the fowls that fly in the midst of heaven, Come and gather yourselves together unto the supper of the great God; 18 That ye may eat the flesh of kings, and the flesh of captains, and the flesh of mighty men, and the flesh of horses, and of them that sit on them, and the flesh of all men, both free and bond, both small and great. 19 And I saw the beast, and the kings of the earth, and their armies, gathered together to make war against him that sat on the horse, and against his army. 20 And the beast was taken, and with him the false prophet that wrought miracles before him, with which he deceived them that had received the mark of the beast, and them that worshipped his image. These both were cast alive into a lake of fire burning with brimstone. 21 And the remnant were slain with the sword of him that sat upon the horse, which sword proceeded out of his mouth: and all the fowls were filled with their flesh. “

So Christ and the host of heaven will come from heaven to earth to smite the nations.Christ said he would come again and he does and not just to meet with his faithful in the air but to rescue his chosen people on earth who are suffering greatly. His heavenly feet stand on the Mount of Olives and he punishes his enemies He confronts the kings of the earth, defeats them and rules. No mention of any disappearing act.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    For those who doubt that Christ will return.

Matthew 24:46
    It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns.

Luke 12:43
    It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns.

NickHassan
    Participant

Luke 12:36
    “Be like men who are waiting for their master when he returns from the wedding feast, so that they may immediately open the door to him when he comes and knocks.
    Matthew 24:46
    It will be good for that servant whose master finds him doing so when he returns.
    Luke 12:43
    It will be good for that servant whom the master finds doing so when he returns
    Luke 19:13
    “And he called ten of his slaves, and gave them ten minas and said to them, 'Do business with this until I come back.'
    Luke 18:8
    “I tell you that He will bring about justice for them quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will He find faith on the earth?”

Lk17
    30Even thus shall it be in the day when the Son of man is revealed.

31In that day, he which shall be upon the housetop, and his stuff in the house, let him not come down to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not return back.

32Remember Lot's wife.

33Whosoever shall seek to save his life shall lose it; and whosoever shall lose his life shall preserve it.

34I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shall be taken, and the other shall be left.

35Two women shall be grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Acts1
    11Which also said, Ye men of Galilee, why stand ye gazing up into heaven? this same Jesus, which is taken up from you into heaven, shall so come in like manner as ye have seen him go into heaven.

Mt16
    27For the Son of man shall come in the glory of his Father with his angels; and then he shall reward every man according to his works.

Acts3
    21Whom the heaven must receive until the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy prophets since the world began.

I believe him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Is it your understanding that now Christ has a new heavenly body he cannot live on earth?
    His brothers will be similarly attired and will be here.
    But wait, you are a JW and they believe some go to live in heaven.
    Is that the sons of God ruling from long distance too?

Participant

Hi Nick:

You say:

So Christ and the host of heaven will come from heaven to earth to smite the nations.

Where does the scripture say that they come to earth?

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 1,019 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account