Do i use watchtower teachings?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Texas
    Participant

Do I use Watchtower teachings?
    On this Board?

Some on this Board have accused me of using Watchtower teachings in my Posts.

I feel it is only fair to tell you all, that I've been gone from that organization for over Ten years now.

When I left the Organization, I had Watchtower and Awake Volumes from the year 1973 until 1995. Along with those I had almost every hard-bound Book that they had ever published. With that, I had many brochures and tracts,along with many loose Watchtower and Awake magazines. I also had many different Bible Translations. Weight-wise, there had to be over twoTons of Books altogether.

I was very upset in those days because of certain nasty treatment I received from two Elders. I felt, because they was the ones in the wrong, that they owed me an apology for their action towards me. The apology was never forth-coming! So, as I said I was very angry in those days, because of that.

I worked in a Building as a Building superintendant, so I had access to a large garbage bin. One day, in a very upset state, I carried all of those Books from my work-shop in the building where I worked, over to the compactor room where the garbage bin was, and proceeded to throw every Watchtower and Awake Volume into the bin. Next I retrieved all of my hard-bound Books and took them over to the compactor room, and threw them into the bin as well. I had many different Bible Translations too. They went in the bin along with all of the other Books. Of course now, I'm sorry that I didn't keep those Bible Translations, because I had to, over a period of time, buy new ones to replace the ones I threw away. Still, I wish that I had them all back now, because they were great for doing research, while I was working on various scriptural topics.

So, all that I have left now, is a few Bible Translations, and a concordance which I use exstensively while putting my articles together. When I put an article on the Board, all I've used is my Bible and that concordance, nothing more! However, I do like to believe that I have the guidance of the Holy Spirit, as well.

So, when I put an article on the Board, all I've used is my Bible, the concordance, and hopefully, the guidance and direction of the Holy Spirit. That is all that I use! I have no Watchtower material now that I use, left. Everything is gone! So, please do not accuse me anymore of using Watchtower material, because you cannot use what you do not possess, and I do not possess any material from them that I use!

Now, I certainly have been influenced by them, and I cling to many of the things that they taught me, but if I could not support those teachings with the Bible, I would drop them like a hot potato! I just thought that you might appreciate knowing these things about me. Texas

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Texas,
    So no more Jesus is an angel called Michael.
    Good.

Cindy
    Participant

Texas

Let me be the first to tell you, I appreciate your openness. I also want to assure you there are no ill feelings from me toward you.
    I understand that my believes differ in many respects from yours and others, I have no problem with that, but,,,,,I have in the past ask many questions, and I believe any one that has an interest in understanding the word of God would do the same. To flat out rejecting any new information as wrong, is the wrong approach to get knowledge.
    I have learned the difference between reading the bible, and studying it. There are those that can quote you every scripture in the bible, that is knowledge. When it comes to prophecy, you also need to have some knowledge of world history, but all of this is not going to help you if you don't have the help of the Holy Spirit.
    I have never, and still don't, start my study without asking God to guide me by his Holy Spirit. That is where understanding comes from, just as Paul said in 1 Cor. 2:11.
    I really hope that we can get along better from now on.

Make that the second one, Nick snuck in there while I was typing.

Georg

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 23 2009,15:19)
    Hi Texas,
    Good.

Nick!

No Nick! That teaching is one of the teachings that I still cling to. The reason for that is, I can use the Bible, to, at least prove it to myself. If you don't believe that, well, that is your prerogative. You are allowed to believe anything you wish, if you feel that you can prove it by scripture. No way am I going to beat you to death to make you believe what I believe. I can only show you why I believe it. From there it is up to you. You examine thoroughly my scriptural discussion on the matter, and make your own decisions on the matter. That's fair, isn't it? Texas!

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Texas @ April 23 2009,23:03)

Hi Texas,
    Good.

Nick!

No Nick! That teaching is one of the teachings that I still cling to. The reason for that is, I can use the Bible, to, at least prove it to myself. If you don't believe that, well, that is your prerogative. You are allowed to believe anything you wish, if you feel that you can prove it by scripture. No way am I going to beat you to death to make you believe what I believe. I can only show you why I believe it. From there it is up to you. You examine thoroughly my scriptural discussion on the matter, and make your own decisions on the matter. That's fair, isn't it? Texas!

Texas, can you point me to where you have posted why you think this is. If it is a lengthy post, is there any chance of making a smaller one for me to read?

Texas
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ April 23 2009,15:46)
    Texas

Let me be the first to tell you, I appreciate your openness. I also want to assure you there are no ill feelings from me toward you.
    I understand that my believes differ in many respects from yours and others, I have no problem with that, but,,,,,I have in the past ask many questions, and I believe any one that has an interest in understanding the word of God would do the same. To flat out rejecting any new information as wrong, is the wrong approach to get knowledge.
    I have learned the difference between reading the bible, and studying it. There are those that can quote you every scripture in the bible, that is knowledge. When it comes to prophecy, you also need to have some knowledge of world history, but all of this is not going to help you if you don't have the help of the Holy Spirit.
    I have never, and still don't, start my study without asking God to guide me by his Holy Spirit. That is where understanding comes from, just as Paul said in 1 Cor. 2:11.
    I really hope that we can get along better from now on.

Make that the second one, Nick snuck in there while I was typing.

Georg

Hi Cindy! {Georg}

Conversely, I have no feelings of ill-will against you either. Of course, I always do what you do, too. I ask for Jehovah's direction when I study the Bible, through his Holy Spirit, because I have come to know that without that Holy Spirit our study is a complete waste of time. Reading the Bible is one thing, getting the true sense of everything is another, isn't it? We would never get the true sense of everything without his Holy Spirit, would we? Texas!

Texas
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 23 2009,23:10)

Quote (Texas @ April 23 2009,23:03)

Hi Texas,
    Good.

Nick!

Texas, can you point me to where you have posted why you think this is. If it is a lengthy post, is there any chance of making a smaller one for me to read?

Hello T8!
    That particular post, is called: “Who is Michael the archangel.”

I supplied in that Post, what I believed to be, proof, that Michael and Christ Jesus are one and the same person. Texas!

david
    Participant

Do I use Watchtower teachings?
    On this Board?

Some on this Board have accused me of using Watchtower teachings in my Posts.

Is that because 98% of what you believe is what they believe?

When I left the Organization, I had Watchtower and Awake Volumes from the year 1973 until 1995.

Disregard my questions in that other thread about me asking when you left and if that had anything to do with your surgery.  I now realize you are 15 years out of step.  That explains the 2 % difference.

I came back to this comment to add this, after looking at another one of your posts. Do you think Texas, if this is all coming from your mind, and memory and thoughts, and you haven't been invovled with JW's or read any puplications for over 10 years, that pershaps, you don't really quite remember what they exactly believe?
    And that you think these are your thoughts, when in fact, a lot of them are exactly what JW's believe?

david
    Participant

I was very upset in those days because of certain nasty treatment I received from two Elders. I felt, because they was the ones in the wrong, that they owed me an apology for their action towards me. The apology was never forth-coming! So, as I said I was very angry in those days, because of that.

“The taking of offense….”

Texas
    Participant

Quote (david @ May 03 2009,04:04)

“The taking of offense….”

David!
    My, what a sensible statement! To be expected though eh?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account