Do christians believe anything?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 15 2010,19:51)

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 15 2010,14:35)
    You still argue that you have to physically see something before you can accept it. This leads to your blindness.

Even eyes that don't work doesn't make someone not able to see. To see is to perceive and most often that is with the aid of eyes, but not in all cases. If your brain doesn't work, then your eyes are of no use. True perception takes place in the brain and that is where images are truly understood. I see with both my physical eyes and brain. You seem to miss out on the brain part sometimes.

Hence why you do not believe in God because you cannot see him with your eyes.

To take a line from the Matrix. How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Quoting myself:

I refer you to all the examples in this forum where I have widened the meaning of 'see' to include any capacity for collecting evidence.

I cannot disprove your god, just as you cannot disprove any of the Roman gods.  That does not constitute a good reason for believing in any gods.

If your Imaginary Friend and all its alleged activities was so obviously true, shouldn't you be able to provide unambiguous physical evidence?

Actually it has all the hallmarks of a con.

Stuart

Stu.

Scientists are bound to earth,and so is their knowledge.
    And they cant even today explain the mysteries of the deep oceans,and the universe.

But they can explain that there is no creator,that made the universe.They can not explain the secrets and complexities of the universe,but can explain there is no maker.

On what bases of science have they proven that? through microscopes,or telescopes?
    Their pride in their worldly knowledge,and has made them blind.

They can only see things with their two physical eyes,and nothing more.

They enjoy being in the highest position,and therefore denying the most high God,because they consider them selves god.

Knowledge of the world is foolishness to God,and Godly knowledge is foolishness to the world.

wakeup.

wakeup.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Mar. 21 2012,14:41)

Hi Wit,

Cool video, but what's your reason for posting it?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 24 2012,23:50)

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Mar. 21 2012,14:41)

Hi Wit,

Cool video, but what's your reason for posting it?

God bless

EDJ.

This is why God calls it babylon the great,the mother of harlots.

Do you know what babylon means?

BABEL; confusion.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Oct. 24 2012,23:39)

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 15 2010,19:51)

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 15 2010,14:35)
    You still argue that you have to physically see something before you can accept it. This leads to your blindness.

Even eyes that don't work doesn't make someone not able to see. To see is to perceive and most often that is with the aid of eyes, but not in all cases. If your brain doesn't work, then your eyes are of no use. True perception takes place in the brain and that is where images are truly understood. I see with both my physical eyes and brain. You seem to miss out on the brain part sometimes.

Hence why you do not believe in God because you cannot see him with your eyes.

To take a line from the Matrix. How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Quoting myself:

I refer you to all the examples in this forum where I have widened the meaning of 'see' to include any capacity for collecting evidence.

I cannot disprove your god, just as you cannot disprove any of the Roman gods.  That does not constitute a good reason for believing in any gods.

If your Imaginary Friend and all its alleged activities was so obviously true, shouldn't you be able to provide unambiguous physical evidence?

Actually it has all the hallmarks of a con.

Stuart

Stu.

Scientists are bound to earth,and so is their knowledge.
    And they cant even today explain the mysteries of the deep oceans,and the universe.

But they can explain that there is no creator,that made the universe.They can not explain the secrets and complexities of the universe,but can explain there is no maker.

On what bases of science have they proven that? through microscopes,or telescopes?
    Their pride in their worldly knowledge,and has made them blind.

They can only see things with their two physical eyes,and nothing more.

They enjoy being in the highest position,and therefore denying the most high God,because they consider them selves god.

Knowledge of the world is foolishness to God,and Godly knowledge is foolishness to the world.

wakeup.

wakeup.

What would be the point in explaining anything to you?

Stuart

Wakeup
    Participant

You have nothing to explain.

wakeup.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 09 2012,22:58)

wakeup.

I know that. And yet you would call me a sinner.

Christianity: the religion that overcomplicates simplistic dogma.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 15 2010,22:51)

Illogical St.

Logic dictates the need for a designer/creator/God.

Once you accept that, then you can go on a journey to know that God.

You are arguing point 2, and ignoring point 1.

That is as silly as me saying there was no murderer in the Bain family slayings, because some say it was David Bain while others say it was his father.

Please Stu, don't tell me you are a lawyer. With logic like yours, that would be a tragedy.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Nov. 10 2012,19:28)

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 15 2010,22:51)

Illogical St.

Logic dictates the need for a designer/creator/God.

Once you accept that, then you can go on a journey to know that God.

You are arguing point 2, and ignoring point 1.

That is as silly as me saying there was no murderer in the Bain family slayings, because some say it was David Bain while others say it was his father.

Please Stu, don't tell me you are a lawyer. With logic like yours, that would be a tragedy.

This is all completely irrelevant to the point. Whether or not a designer is a compelling argument makes no difference to the fact that there is no good reason to believe in gods based in the notion that a particular god cannot be disproved.

Of course the design argument is just as illogical. We know there are things that were designed, and we know those things had a designer. You commit the logical fallacy of composition by blindly asserting that just because some things are designed that therefore living things and the universe are also designed. We know for a fact that the diversity of life does not derive from a design process, so you would be not only making a fallacious argument but also denying history on that specific example.

Do you know any christians who understand logic, t8? Maybe we could hear from them.

Stuart

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 10 2012,18:18)

wakeup.

I know that.  And yet you would call me a sinner.

Stuart

Stu.

If there is no God then you are not a sinner.
    If there is no God then there is no punishment.
    Why worry being called a sinner?

Everything you do is good; in your mind only.
    You are free from God ,but a prisoner of your own deeds.
    Your words reflects you as a person. Very dark and angree.

wakeup.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 11 2012,22:56)
    Do you know any christians who understand logic, t8?  Maybe we could hear from them.

Stuart

Somehow all religions seem to destroy the left hemisphere of the brain which is responsible for logical thinking.

IF it can not be proven that all religious people are suffering from blunt force trauma, then maybe there is truth to the  supernatural.

Tim

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 12 2012,01:07)

wakeup.

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

I agree, except for the parts about everything I do being good and me being dark and angree(sic). I'm generally quite an optimistic person, but christianity brings out the worst in me. And in you too, I think.

As well as being a sinner in the view you attribute to your Imaginary Friend, I am also a mudblood according to the fictional character Harry Potter. I treat the two descriptions in the same way: generally irrelevant.

Stuart

barley
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Feb. 26 2010,06:23)
    Just curious, but do Christians actually agree on anything?

I have observed over the course of my bible studies that for every doctrine there seems to be two opposing camps within Christianity, and both sides claim biblical support.  So, my question is:

Can you name one belief that is unique to Christianity with which every professed Christian agrees?

Is there anything all Christians agree on?

How could anyone document that?

Since that would impossible to do, seeing you would have to interview every Christian in the entire world to find out, that is rather difficult question to answer.

It would seem reasonable since the name Christian has Christ in it, that all Christians believe in Christ.

All Christians it would seem believe in God.

barley

barley
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 26 2010,22:07)
    So is god the author of confusion or not?

Stuart

God is not the author of confusion,

Never was and never will be

however He does not overstep man's free will, so if man wishes to confuse himself, that is his choice.

God did not instigate the confusion in Babel.

Man brought it upon themselves.

So, if a man goes to the Grand Canyon and jumps off a cliff into the canyon and dies, in one sense God caused that but only in the sense that God designed and implemented gravity.

However, in a direct sense, that man chose to cause his own death.

Gravity was not the cause, the man's bad action did.

God was not the cause even though gravity is God's doing, the instigator, the man was.

barley

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Dec. 29 2012,09:48)

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Feb. 26 2010,06:23)

I have observed over the course of my bible studies that for every doctrine there seems to be two opposing camps within Christianity, and both sides claim biblical support.  So, my question is:

Can you name one belief that is unique to Christianity with which every professed Christian agrees?

Is there anything all Christians agree on?

How could anyone document that?

Since that would impossible to do, seeing you would have to interview every Christian in the entire world to find out, that is rather difficult question to answer.

It would seem reasonable since the name Christian has Christ in it, that all Christians believe in Christ.

All Christians it would seem believe in God.

barley

Hi Barley,

All Christians believe that the term “Christian” has “Christ” in it.  :D

God bless

Stu
    Participant

Quote (barley @ Dec. 29 2012,09:57)

Stuart

however He does not overstep man's free will, so if man wishes to confuse himself, that is his choice.

So, if a man goes to the Grand Canyon and jumps off a cliff into the canyon and dies, in one sense God caused that but only in the sense that God designed and implemented gravity.

God was not the cause even though gravity is God's doing, the instigator, the man was.

barley

So this god is not responsible for putting up warning signs on the Grand Canyon it “created”?

Humans are given “free will”, but no guidance on how to use it wisely when it comes to the hazards of gravity?

Stuart

Wakeup
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Nov. 13 2012,18:09)

Quote (Wakeup @ Nov. 12 2012,01:07)

wakeup.

Stuart

Stu.

wakeup.

I agree, except for the parts about everything I do being good and me being dark and angree(sic). I'm generally quite an optimistic person, but christianity brings out the worst in me.  And in you too, I think.

As well as being a sinner in the view you attribute to your Imaginary Friend, I am also a mudblood according to the fictional character Harry Potter.  I treat the two descriptions in the same way: generally irrelevant.

Stuart

Stu.

1. You dont beleive in a creator,all just happened.
    2. You believe in history; except the history of Jesus,for that is made up;imaginary.
    3. You dont believe in Good or bad,because you dont know what really is good,all that suits you is good for you.
    4.You just live by your feelings,and do as you feel.
    5. You dont have to fear anything,so you are free to do your thing,even if it harm others, as long as you are not to be seen or caught.
    6. God is just imaginary,and so is good,good is relative.

Just see the world ,how the rich manipulate the poor,for their own benefit; and yet they believe they are doing good by providing them a job.
    Exploiting children,making them work for two dollars a day or less. these are godless peole,with no fear for God.
    They are like brute beasts,not knowing what is good.

The must be a higher being to define that imagenary line betwee good and bad.

wakeup.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Feb. 26 2010,09:23)

Jesus is the son of God and he died for humanities sins and was raised from the dead. Consequently, God's Spirit can now live in redeemed man whereas, before, his spirit could not dwell in man because of sin.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Dec. 29 2012,19:14)
    Humans are given “free will”, but no guidance on how to use it wisely when it comes to the hazards of gravity?

Stuart

The guidance you think is lacking is called the conscience. Con Science means With Knowledge.

I see this working even in my own kids. They don't jump of the balcony for example because they have the knowledge that doing that will hurt.

And all men know that murder is wrong for example.

However, rebellious people can sear the conscience so that it doesn't work properly. It can lead to insanity.

Wakeup
    Participant

Stuart

barley

Barley.

I agree with you.
    Non believers seem to judge God by what christians do.
    But does not bother finding out for themselves,and study the bible.

So much they are missing out in life.
    Mans glory is just like a flower; today it is full of beauty;and the next day its all dried up, good for nothing.

wakeup.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Stuart

barley

Then free will is the author of confusion and free will is authored by God, is that correct?

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account