Do christians believe anything?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 26 2010,23:07)
    So is god the author of confusion or not?

Stuart

Yes, Confusion of the arrogant and disobedient

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 26 2010,15:38)

Every professed Christian agrees that

Jesus lived
    Jesus Died
    Jesus was risen from the dead
    Jesus had disciples
    Jesus was the Son
    Jesus is Christ

(I corrected that for you above.)

Yep, if it stopped right there, it would be easy.

God calls us and opens our eyes, suddenly the Bible has real meaning, we cant put it down.

But then we make the error
    We start to search, we read more than just that, we read books, we search the net, , we look for something to join, its all a big puzzle and we really need the truth!

We enter the world of Babylon-Confusion
    God is not the Author of confusion
    Problems start occuring in our personal life –
    our thoughts get consumed
    Weve come so far from where we were and God is left far behind

RETURN UNTO ME, and I will RETURN UNTO YOU, saith the LORD of Hosts

See my response to Bodhitharta on page 1.

As for being the “son”, in what sense?  Literal or figurative?  I would refer to the believer's section of this website to see the disagreements among christians on this issue.

Again, nothing agreed upon that's unique to christianity.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 27 2010,04:54)

Stuart

Regarding your own beliefs, that topic is covered in the thread about injustice in the koran.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 27 2010,09:02)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 27 2010,04:54)

Stuart

Regarding your own beliefs, that topic is covered in the thread about injustice in the koran.

Stuart

There is no injustice in the Quran or The Bible but you are being injust in saying so.

How can injustice be present in the actual system of justice it applies to?

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 27 2010,06:50)

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 26 2010,20:38)

Jesus lived
    Jesus Died
    Jesus had disciples
    Jesus was the Son
    Jesus is Christ

God calls us and opens our eyes, suddenly the Bible has real meaning, we cant put it down.

We start to search, we read more than just that, we read books, we search the net, , we look for something to join, its all a big puzzle and we really need the truth!

Every Christian doesn't have the same belief about Jesus being the Son of God, not even on this site is there a “clear” belief about that.

Some say he is the literal son of God
    Some say that God plays the role of “son”
    Some say that he became “the Son” before coming to earth
    Some say that he became “the son” at birth

There is no across the board agreement on this matter not even on this site.

There is agreement on that! Most Christians all agree Jesus is the Son of God and was a big part in the creation of the world and us, even the 'cults in others eyes' believe this simple truth. Anglican, Catholic, Apostolic, JW, Morman, they all believe that. The only ones who would disagree are a very small percentage and are usually on their own in their opinion.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Feb. 27 2010,08:46)
    As for being the “son”, in what sense?  Literal or figurative?  I would refer to the believer's section of this website to see the disagreements among christians on this issue.

Again, nothing agreed upon that's unique to christianity.

This site is a good example of confusion- Or probably more the internet in general actually! People in churches seem to have no disagreement.

I have no idea what is unique to Christianity.

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 27 2010,01:07)

Stuart

I think maybe we ourselves are.

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Feb. 27 2010,06:46)
    See my response to Bodhitharta on page 1.

Hi WhatIsTrue,

See my response to you on the first page?

What is a 'Post Christian'?

Ed J

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 27 2010,10:15)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Feb. 27 2010,06:50)

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 26 2010,20:38)

Jesus lived
    Jesus Died
    Jesus had disciples
    Jesus was the Son
    Jesus is Christ

Every Christian doesn't have the same belief about Jesus being the Son of God, not even on this site is there a “clear” belief about that.

Some say he is the literal son of God
    Some say that God plays the role of “son”
    Some say that he became “the Son” before coming to earth
    Some say that he became “the son” at birth

There is no across the board agreement on this matter not even on this site.

There is agreement on that! Most Christians all agree Jesus is the Son of God and was a big part in the creation of the world and us, even the 'cults in others eyes' believe this simple truth. Anglican, Catholic, Apostolic, JW, Morman, they all believe that. The only ones who would disagree are a very small percentage and are usually on their own in their opinion.

The Original post spoke about total agreement not most

karmarie
    Participant

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Feb. 26 2010,09:23)
    Just curious, but do Christians actually agree on anything?

I have observed over the course of my bible studies that for every doctrine there seems to be two opposing camps within Christianity, and both sides claim biblical support.  So, my question is:

Can you name one belief that is unique to Christianity with which every professed Christian agrees?

Iv been thinking about this, and I think that maybe the one thing that was supposed to be unique to Christianity was lost.

Judism        = Earthly Kingdom
    Christianity  = Denial of Earthly Kingdom
    Islam           = Earthly and Heavenly Kingdom

Jesus told his followers they were to deny their lives. To spread the news of the Heavenly Kingdom.  To leave anything behind. Even if unto death.

But Christianity seems instead to have put an earthly kingdom first.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (karmarie @ Feb. 27 2010,10:23)

Quote (Stu @ Feb. 27 2010,01:07)

Stuart

I think maybe we ourselves are.

Yes, that is the obvious conclusion!

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes when you do not have the light to see, you are left stumbling all over the place trying to imagine what the truth might look like.

As it is written: “the blind leading the blind”.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 12 2010,15:38)
    Yes when you do not have the light to see, you are left stumbling all over the place trying to imagine what the truth might look like.

As it is written: “the blind leading the blind”.

This is the verdict: Light has come into the world, but men loved darkness instead of light because their deeds were evil.

It is christians that profess to go on what is unseen.

You can do that as long as you really are blind to reality as well.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 12 2010,16:56)

Stuart

You can see the unseen. You can have insight, hindsight, and foresight.

However, you seem to be arguing that your learning is based solely on visible sight. So invisible things don't exist for you. And that tree that is lying on the forest floor didn't fall over because you didn't see it.

:D

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 12 2010,17:30)

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 12 2010,16:56)

Stuart

You can see the unseen. You can have insight, hindsight, and foresight.

However, you seem to be arguing that your learning is based solely on visible sight. So invisible things don't exist for you. And that tree that is lying on the forest floor didn't fall over because you didn't see it.

:D

It's called metaphor, and I refer you to all the examples in this forum where I have widened the meaning of 'see' to include any capacity for collecting evidence.

Of course if you don't believe Hebrews applies to you, and you have unambiguous “evidence of the seen” for your god, why not share it with us?

Unambiguous means, for example, that the evidence is not also evidence for the creations of Juju.

Stuart

Proclaimer
    Participant

You still argue that you have to physically see something before you can accept it. This leads to your blindness.

Even eyes that don't work doesn't make someone not able to see. To see is to perceive and most often that is with the aid of eyes, but not in all cases. If your brain doesn't work, then your eyes are of no use. True perception takes place in the brain and that is where images are truly understood. I see with both my physical eyes and brain. You seem to miss out on the brain part sometimes.

Hence why you do not believe in God because you cannot see him with your eyes.

To take a line from the Matrix. How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 15 2010,14:35)
    You still argue that you have to physically see something before you can accept it. This leads to your blindness.

Even eyes that don't work doesn't make someone not able to see. To see is to perceive and most often that is with the aid of eyes, but not in all cases. If your brain doesn't work, then your eyes are of no use. True perception takes place in the brain and that is where images are truly understood. I see with both my physical eyes and brain. You seem to miss out on the brain part sometimes.

To take a line from the Matrix. How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

Quoting myself:

I refer you to all the examples in this forum where I have widened the meaning of 'see' to include any capacity for collecting evidence.

I cannot disprove your god, just as you cannot disprove any of the Roman gods. That does not constitute a good reason for believing in any gods.

If your Imaginary Friend and all its alleged activities was so obviously true, shouldn't you be able to provide unambiguous physical evidence?

Actually it has all the hallmarks of a con.

Stuart

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 15 2010,20:51)

Quoting myself:

I refer you to all the examples in this forum where I have widened the meaning of 'see' to include any capacity for collecting evidence.

I cannot disprove your god, just as you cannot disprove any of the Roman gods.  That does not constitute a good reason for believing in any gods.

If your Imaginary Friend and all its alleged activities was so obviously true, shouldn't you be able to provide unambiguous physical evidence?

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

God has encoded his existence through a series of anomalies into the AKJV Bible, which Paramount's to God's signature!
    Is it because you don't want any accountability for your actions?
    The “Proof “: you pretend doesn't exist; why?    

YHVH is GOD=117
    PSALM 117 is [The Bible's Center], the [smallest chapter] of the [LARGEST BOOK]!

Witnessing to the world in behalf of… (Psalm 45:17)
    117=יהוה האלהים(JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Joshua 22:34 / Isaiah 60:13-15)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ Mar. 15 2010,20:51)

Quoting myself:

I cannot disprove your god, just as you cannot disprove any of the Roman gods.  That does not constitute a good reason for believing in any gods.

Stuart

stu

take the bible read it and put all truth and facts on an piece paper ,like laws,actions ,behavior,morals,general knowledge,feelings,live wisdom,believes,ect;

then do the same thing with your Roman gods and see how far you would go,and what results you would end up with.

many years ago i did this with all the religions.

WhatIsTrue
    Participant

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 84 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account