Did Jesus really die for all?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    You don't know, do you!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Of course not.
    But you need to find out.

chosenone
    Participant

NIck.
    Well you finally admit that you don't know, congratulations. My next question, if you don't know what to repent of, why would you say it's neccessary for salvation. It's like saying do something, I'm not sure what, but do it anyway.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You are the only one here unaware of man's need to repent.
    You promise salvation to
    ALL
    but are unable to explain how Paul said
    ALL MEN EVERWHERE ARE CALLED TO REPENT.

You claim not to know what the word means.

So why would you teach?

chosenone
    Participant

Nick.
    You just admitted in another thread, you didn't know what we should repent of. How can one repent of something we don't know of?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    Good question
    and I hope you find the answer.

chosenone
    Participant

I found the answer!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Co,
    New gospels are not the answer.

chosenone
    Participant

So then you should quit promoting “the gospel of Nick” and stick to scripture.

acertainchap
    Participant

Actually, Nick Hassan is right.

kenrch
    Participant

CO, you have to know this scripture so what are you saying? Are you saying we need only repent once then after being baptized we don't need to repent?

Act 2:38 And Peter said unto them, Repent ye, and be baptized every one of you in the name of Jesus Christ unto the remission of your sins; and ye shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.

acertainchap
    Participant

No were not believing a lie!!!!!!!!

chosenone
    Participant

Did Jesus die for Nothing, if our “works” could save us, Jesus need'nt have died?

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Did you think obedience to the command of God is works?

chosenone
    Participant

Insight in Paul's Evangel
    God's Word reveals many principles-whether through the law, the prophets or psalms–which, as such, constitute timeless wise counsel. But this is by no means to say that the particulars through which certain principles are made known are applicable to ourselves, or even appropriate at all. Indeed, much wisdom will be needed to learn the actual principles inherent in the various “just statutes for the flesh” (Heb.9:10) which were given to ancient Israel. For this we will need the insight which is only afforded us through the apostle Paul's evangel.

It is simply mistaken to employ the phrase “God's law” so as to suggest that it is incapable of any proper reference except to the Ten Commandments or other such laws. There is nothing at all in this expression that somehow makes it necessary that all today who wish to be obedient to God must obey the Ten Commandments. However, since so many do not understand, not realizing that the observance of holy days, months and seasons and years (cp Gal. 4:10) is solely for Israel and is not at all for ourselves, “One, indeed, is deciding for one day rather than another day, yet one is deciding for every day. Let each one be fully assured in his own mind” (Rom.14:5). It is far better for the sincere believer to be personally disposed to some sort of observance of “days” than for someone else–even if the other person should have more light–to impose his own will.

Therefore, let no one be scorning his brother, for whom Christ died and lives (Rom.14:9,10) – whether he should observe the sabbath or not observe the sabbath. “The faith which you have, have for yourself in God's sight. Happy is he who is not judging himself in that which he is attesting” (Rom.14:23). “Not that we are lording it over your faith, but are fellow workers of your joy…” (2 Cor.1:24). Paul declares, “I am entreating you, then, I, the prisoner in the Lord, to walk worthily of the calling with which you were called, with all humility and meekness, with patience, beating with one another in love, endeavoring to keep the unity of the spirit with the tie of peace” (Eph.4:1-3).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    You speak of the brothers of Christ.
    Of course not all are brothers of Christ.
    The reborn sons of God are the brothers of Christ.
    So the evangels of Paul are little use to those who have not yet sought the kingdom.

chosenone
    Participant

What nonsense!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So the nations did not need the gospel of repentance?
    Why did Paul risk his neck in the effort?

chosenone
    Participant

You will have to quote the scripture so I can reply.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    We could show agin Lk 24 where the gospel to all the nations is spoken of.

45Then opened he their understanding, that they might understand the scriptures,

46And said unto them, Thus it is written, and thus it behooved Christ to suffer, and to rise from the dead the third day:

47And that repentance and remission of sins should be preached in his name among all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

48And ye are witnesses of these things.

49And, behold, I send the promise of my Father upon you: but tarry ye in the city of Jerusalem, until ye be endued with power from on high.

And you insist all means all but hesitate at Acts 17

30And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

31Because he hath appointed a day, in the which he will judge the world in righteousness by that man whom he hath ordained; whereof he hath given assurance unto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account