Did Jesus really die for all?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 128 total)
  • Author
    chosenone
    Participant

Christs message was to the Jews, they were under the law, they had to keep the law or be left out of the kingdom. Nick, unless you understand this , you will never comprehend what God is doing. The Jews had a covenant with God, and were under the law. Their promise was the kingdom if they could keep the law, they couldn't, and thus broke their covenant with God. Now God has set them aside, and turned to the nations. We are now under a new covenant of Grace. This is why you can't mix the teachings of Jesus to the Jews, because they were under a different set of rules (the law), then we are now. The old has now been replaced by the new, different rules, theirs was under the law, we are under grace. I will not respond to your reference to scripture if you keep refering to the gospels as meaning for us today. Understand that when Jesus said, “I was not commissioned except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel”, that He meant what He said, don't try to say this is not what He meant with usless arguments, not supported by scripture.

Blessings.

chosenone
    Participant

Nick?

Blessings.

sscott
    Participant

If God wanted all to be saved could He not having given ALL the “Spirit” from birth as He did John the Baptist? What God did for one could He not have done for all?

When Jesus said He will draw ALL men to Himself He was speaking of the mystery that Paul explains in Romans. The Mystery that the Gentiles would be grafted in as well and become one with the people of God. Salvation extended to others in addition to the Jews. So the ALL would seem to be “people from every nation”.

Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 04 2007,09:39)
    It might mean “all in all [the church]”, as opposed to “all in all [humanity]”

Just a thought.

Hi Isaiah 1:18:

This is exactly what it means “God may be all in all” in the body of Christ, and not all of humanity.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi 942767 & sscott.

When scripture says “God will be All in all”. I didn't see that addition 'in the body of Christ, and not all humanity', that you added on. We must be very carefull to not add to God's word. (Rev. 22:18) “If ever anyone is appending to them, God shall be appending to him the calamities written in this scroll”.

Blessings.

Participant

Quote (chosenone @ June 13 2007,13:53)
    Hi 942767 & sscott.

When scripture says “God will be All in all”.  I didn't see that addition 'in the body of Christ, and not all humanity', that you added on.  We must be very carefull to not add to God's word.  (Rev. 22:18) “If ever anyone is appending to them, God shall be appending to him the calamities written in this scroll”.

Blessings.

Hi Chosenone:

1 Co. 15:22
    For as in Adam all die, even so IN CHRIST shall all be made alive.  
    15:23
    But every man in his own order: CHRIST THE FIRSTFRUITS; afterward THEY THAT ARE Christ's AT HIS COMING.  
    15:24
    THEN COMETH THE END, WHEN HE SHALL HAVE DELIVERED UP THE KINGDOM TO GOD, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.  
    15:25
    For he must reign, till he hath put * all enemies under his feet.  
    15:26
    The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death.  
    15:27
    For he hath put all things under his feet. But when he saith * all things are put under him, it is manifest that he is excepted, which did put all things under him.  
    15:28
    And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.  

Your advice is good and so it applies to you as well.

God Bless

sscott
    Participant

Hi 942767 & sscott.

When scripture says “God will be All in all”. I didn't see that addition 'in the body of Christ, and not all humanity', that you added on. We must be very carefull to not add to God's word. (Rev. 22:18) “If ever anyone is appending to them, God shall be appending to him the calamities written in this scroll”.

Blessings.

did I add something?

chosenone
    Participant

Quote (sscott @ June 13 2007,14:09)

Hi 942767 & sscott.

When scripture says “God will be All in all”.  I didn't see that addition 'in the body of Christ, and not all humanity', that you added on.  We must be very carefull to not add to God's word.  (Rev. 22:18) “If ever anyone is appending to them, God shall be appending to him the calamities written in this scroll”.

Blessings.

did I add something?

Hi sscott.
    Sorry, I meant the posting by 942767, not you.

Blessings.

lamontre
    Participant

Guest,April wrote:

[/quote]

This post is in response to the first post on predestination.

Did Jesus die for all? If He did not, then maybe John 3:16 should read “For God so loved some of the people in the world”

It is exclusive none-the-less, your only quoting the part that supports your assertion.

Joh 3:14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
    Joh 3:15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
    Joh 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    Joh 3:17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

First let me ask you if “the world” is all the people in the world?

Do all the people in the world believe?? Of course not.

What is it to “believe”?

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

That's a rather difficult proposal. Anyone can confess, not just anyone can believe in their heart.

II Peter 3:9: God is “not willing that any should perish but that all should come to repentance” I know that when the word “all” is used it does not always mean all, it is inclussive of the group in reference. The bible tells us the group in reference. It is found in John 3:16. “for God so loved the world”

The world that believeth…..

The same is true of the partial verse that your quoting above;
    2Pe 3:9 The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward<—the elect), not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance.

If Jesus did not die for all, then some are predestined to go into the everlasting fire.

That is a misunderstanding of what scriptures teach about all men. ALL men are condemned to go to hell without the intervention of God.

We had no control what happened to us in Adam and we also had no control over what happened to us in the 2nd Adam. We can however choose which adam we want to belong to.

You started to make sense then you went kinda weird. Those statements are mutually exclusive. We have no control over the first birth as to who, where, how etc.

That same is true of the new birth.

Joh 3:8 The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

If we choose to remain in the first, then the penalty of the law still hangs over us and we are awaiting the lake of fire.

So you believe that unbelievers have the revelation of the seriousness of their rejection?

That either makes them crazy, or just plain stupid.

Hell is revelatory. It doesn't work as a witnessing tool because salvation isn't brought about through fear. Especially not fear of something you don't believe in. Hell is there to give believers an understanding of what they have escaped. It is meaningless to unbelievers.

Why does God tell us to choose if we do not have the power to choose? And Joshua said “choose you this day whom ye will serve;…as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.” Joshua 24:15

Believers indeed do choose, to obey or not to obey. Unbelievers are in bondage to sin.

chosenone
    Participant

Hi lamontre.
    Thanks for your reply, you have made some good points, but if I may… one must realise that the “Old Covenant” was for the Jews (Israel), and the teachings of Jesus, who was a Jew, was to the Jews, (I was not commisioned except to the lost sheep of the house of Israel. Matt.15:24) still under the “Law”. At that time, their entrance into the Kingdom was to obey the Laws, meaning that their choices, works, was a requirement for their salvation. So, yes, in that era, it was works” that would earn them their salvation. This was of God, to show us that our own efforts, works, was not possible, (the flesh cannot please God). When the Jews rejected their prophesied messiah, murdered Him, and rejected Him still after His ressurrection and return, God has thrust them away and turned to the “Gentiles” (Acts13:46-47). So now we are under the covenant of “Grace”, we cannot 'earn' our salvation, we have been “justified” by the death and ressurrection of our Lord and saviour Christ Jesus. Therefore, “works, choices”, by us are of no use, “for His achievement are we”.(Eph.2:10). What I am saying is, we can't use the gospel given to the Jews, as relavent for us today. “…that the purpose of God may be remaining as a choice, not out of acts, but of Him Who is calling, (Ro.9:11). Much can be gained if we “correctly cut the word of truth” (2Tim.2:15). Meaning we must understand that Gods working with the Jews, under the “Old Covenant”, under the “law”, is not now for us, we are under “Grace”. …Who saves us and calls us with a holy calling, not in accord with our acts, but in accord with His own purpose and grace which is given to us in Christ Jesus before times eonion,…(2Tim.1:9). Only Pauls epistles are for us today, “all scripture is FOR us, but all scripture is not ABOUT us. Hope I have made this clear enough, it is my understanding, and I certainly am not infallible, just human, and may be in error, but whatever we believe is of God. “God is operating all according to the councel of His will” Eph.1:11.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    So all [except the Jews?] are in the kingdom and Jesus is Lord of all and God is God of all.

All is well in the kingdom

of dreams.

chosenone
    Participant

God WILL be “All IN all”. I understand this as ALL MANKIND, not excepting anyone.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Is it wise to make such a presumption?

chosenone
    Participant

Now, whenever all may be subjected to Him, then the Son Himself also shall be subjected to Him Who subjects all to Him, that God may be All in all. (1Cor.15:28) Not my presumption, just scripture.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Is this all who are living
    or all who have lived ?
    Are we allowed to choose the meaning?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    God sees our sin no more, we are justified by the death and ressurrection of Christ Jesus. This mean all mankind, past, present, and future. So by this I believe all means all, all that ever lived and all that will live. At the Consummation, the competed creation, when Gods work with mankind is finished, He will be All in all.

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    By whose authority do you make these judgements as to who are the ALL?

chosenone
    Participant

Hi Nick.
    Scripture!\

Blessings.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi CO,
    Please enlarge.

acertainchap
    Participant

Of course Jesus died for all that was the reason he died on the cross my friend.

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 128 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account