Did jesus have the same spirit as believers?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 401 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So your implications are that because the Spirit of God has amazing and different capabilities from our spirit then that Spirit must be another person from our God[the Father]?

Is implication sufficient considering our utter ignorance?
    Enough to build doctrine on?

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 18 2009,16:31)
    Hi WJ,
    So your implications are that because the Spirit of God has amazing and different capabilities from our spirit then that Spirit must be another person from our God[the Father]?

NH

So rather than address the points, you just make implications about mumbo jumbo!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    So if you do not have the Spirit of Christ you admit you are none of his?

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 19 2009,08:31)
    Hi WJ,

???

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 19 2009,09:08)
    Hi WJ,
    So if you do not have the Spirit of Christ you admit you are none of his?

WJ,
    It looks like Nick can't answer you.

thinker

KangarooJack
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 19 2009,06:30)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2009,14:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 18 2009,17:39)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2009,00:51)
    Who lives inside of me?

Well, my understanding is that the Father has had a Son named Jesus.  This Son is a true and literal Son – he calls out to him, “Abba, Father.”.  We are told that because of Jesus, we too can call out to the Father in the same way.  Why?  Because Jesus is our brother.

We are adopted siblings to Jesus.

We have the right to be called sons and daughter's of the Most High God, because of Jesus.

God's holy spirit binds us all together as one.  We are all family; we are all God's children.  It is a spirit of unity that binds us.  We fellowship with God, Jesus, and each other because we are bound by this spirit of family.

It is this spirit of sonship; this spirit of family; this spirit of deposit that I am the Father's child……that lives in me!  And because it does, I am counted.

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

So does God live in your Temple or not?

WJ

Hi Keith,

As I said, I am counted.  What more is needed for God's Spirit to be “in” you.  Is it not something that is given from God, himself?  Does he not give it as a deposit, guarenteeing our place with Him?  What “spirit” do we receive if it is not one of sonship?  Surely we must belong to the family before we are asked to the dinner table?

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

Ok, but it really is a simple yes or no answer!

Does God live in you are not?

WJ

WJ,
    You're winning bro! They're all beating around the bush.

thinker

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Is it just a competition?
    I thought we were seeking eternal truths?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TT,
    Does it not bother you that you support a man who says he does not have the Spirit of Christ?

Participant

Hi WJ:

The Holy Spirit is God's personal presence dwelling within us and not a “a third” person.

Jhn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Psa 139:7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
    Psa 139:8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].

2Jo 1:9 Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.

The doctrine of Christ is the spirit of the Son. God was dwelling within Jesus by His Holy Spirit teaching him and speaking to humanity through him, and now God dwells within us by His Holy Spirit leading into all truths in the written Word, and also, showing us things to come.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 18 2009,17:29)
    Hi TT,
    Does it not bother you that you support a man who says he does not have the Spirit of Christ?

NH

I have the Spirit of Christ which is the Spirit of God!

You, however, are controlled not by the sinful nature but by the Spirit, if “the Spirit of God” lives in you. And if anyone does not have “the Spirit of Christ“, he does not belong to Christ. Rom 8:9

Does God live in you NH?

Are you a part of his Body, his Temple?

WJ

Participant

Hi All:

Jesus was going to ascend into heaven and so he says that he will send another comforter, but he was not speaking of a third person. The same Holy Spirit of God that indwelt him would now indwell born again believers.

Jhn 14:17 [Even] the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you

Jhn 14:10 Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

He says “But the Father that dwelleth in me…”.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 18 2009,18:00)
    Hi WJ:

The Holy Spirit is God's personal presence dwelling within us and not a “a third” person.

Jhn 14:10   Believest thou not that I am in the Father, and the Father in me? the words that I speak unto you I speak not of myself: but the Father that dwelleth in me, he doeth the works.

Psa 139:7   Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?  
    Psa 139:8   If I ascend up into heaven, thou [art] there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou [art there].  

2Jo 1:9   Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.  

The doctrine of Christ is the spirit of the Son.  God was dwelling within Jesus by His Holy Spirit teaching him and speaking to humanity through him, and now God dwells within us by His Holy Spirit leading into all truths in the written Word, and also, showing us things to come.

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Hi Marty

But you are leaving out some sriptures in you belief!

Jn 14:
    16 And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you *another Comforter*, that he may abide with you for ever;
    17 Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: “BUT YE KNOW HIM; FOR HE DWELLETH WITH YOU”, AND SHALL BE IN YOU.

And this…

Jn 16:13
    Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
    14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine
    , and shall shew it unto you.
    15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Does the Father take from Jesus and give to us?

Does the Father have to hear before he speaks?

Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Matt 28:19

The name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit was not given to an “IT”.

So does God live in you body which is his Temple Marty?

WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (thethinker @ Aug. 19 2009,09:14)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 19 2009,06:30)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2009,14:25)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 18 2009,17:39)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2009,00:51)
    Who lives inside of me?

Well, my understanding is that the Father has had a Son named Jesus.  This Son is a true and literal Son – he calls out to him, “Abba, Father.”.  We are told that because of Jesus, we too can call out to the Father in the same way.  Why?  Because Jesus is our brother.

We are adopted siblings to Jesus.

We have the right to be called sons and daughter's of the Most High God, because of Jesus.

God's holy spirit binds us all together as one.  We are all family; we are all God's children.  It is a spirit of unity that binds us.  We fellowship with God, Jesus, and each other because we are bound by this spirit of family.

It is this spirit of sonship; this spirit of family; this spirit of deposit that I am the Father's child……that lives in me!  And because it does, I am counted.

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

So does God live in your Temple or not?

WJ

Hi Keith,

As I said, I am counted.  What more is needed for God's Spirit to be “in” you.  Is it not something that is given from God, himself?  Does he not give it as a deposit, guarenteeing our place with Him?  What “spirit” do we receive if it is not one of sonship?  Surely we must belong to the family before we are asked to the dinner table?

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

Ok, but it really is a simple yes or no answer!

Does God live in you are not?

WJ

WJ,
    You're winning bro! They're all beating around the bush.

thinker

:laugh:

You're a Thinker-come-lately if you think this is about winning and losing.

Keith and I go way back, we're family! There are no winner's or losers, dude. Grow up in the Lord, and instead encourage one another to press on towards the goal.

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2009,18:45)

Keith and I go way back, we're family!  There are no winner's or losers, dude.  Grow up in the Lord, and instead encourage one another to press on towards the goal.

Love,
    Mandy

Yes we do go a long way back and I am glad to know you.

However Jack is in my camp at least as far as the Trinitarian view goes!

I think he is merely saying that debates among those here can be won or lost, but it should all be in a friendly way!

After all these are debates, and everyone here wishes that others would see it their way!

WJ

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi WJ,
    Why not be reborn of the Spirit?
    You need to be one with Jesus and His God in that one Spirit.

Not3in1
    Participant

Hello again,

We are not “Temples of an it” or some amorphous power!

First of all, you receive $.50 for using “amorphous” which I had to look-up! :;):

Keith, here's the thing, there's really nothing in your post that I disagree with? What is the point then? The precious holy Spirit of God indwells his children. It had better! It is our “pass go”, our “gaurentee” of salvation, our “mark” of acceptance. It's how the Father speaks and comforts us. It's our “direct line” to our father.

I'll stop right there and tell you one of my beefs about Trinitarianism – and that is that I didn't reallize I had a heavenly Father. Everything was about Jesus. Jesus this, and Jesus that; praise Jesus!. When I finally realized that I also had a heavenly Father that cared about me…..I was stupefied; and I felt angry. I felt like I had been robbed of my heavenly family. God has given me his Spirit so that I can have a direct line to HIM whenever I wish. I have Jesus to thank for that, but nevertheless, that is the Spirit I was given.

John 16:27
    No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 19 2009,10:51)
    Hi Mandy

Keith and I go way back, we're family!  There are no winner's or losers, dude.  Grow up in the Lord, and instead encourage one another to press on towards the goal.

Love,
    Mandy

I think he is merely saying that debates among those here can be won or lost, but it should all be in a friendly way!

After all these are debates, and everyone here wishes that others would see it their way!

WJ

I don't believe in “camps”. :(

Just the family of God trying to figure it all out, together.

Those who divide….well…..I have no time for them or what they say. Be careful who you “camp” with.

Love,
    Mandy

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2009,19:01)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Aug. 19 2009,10:51)
    Hi Mandy

Love,
    Mandy

WJ

I don't believe in “camps”.   :(

Just the family of God trying to figure it all out, together.

Those who divide….well…..I have no time for them or what they say.  Be careful who you “camp” with.

Love,
    Mandy

HA HA

Thats funny Mandy, because you also are dividing every time you teach your truth then!

WJ

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 19 2009,10:53)
    Hi WJ,
    Why not be reborn of the Spirit?
    You need to be one with Jesus and His God in that one Spirit.

{{Shaking head}} Sigh……

Nick, might you ever have anything new to add? Or are you content to stir whatever pot is laid in front of you?

I'm positive that Keith is reborn of the Spirit. Do you think there is any child on this board that has it all right? I think not.

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2009,18:59)
    Hello again,

We are not “Temples of an it” or some amorphous power!

First of all, you receive $.50 for using “amorphous” which I had to look-up!  :;):

Keith, here's the thing, there's really nothing in your post that I disagree with?  What is the point then?  The precious holy Spirit of God indwells his children.  It had better!  It is our “pass go”, our “gaurentee” of salvation, our “mark” of acceptance.  It's how the Father speaks and comforts us.  It's our “direct line” to our father.

I'll stop right there and tell you one of my beefs about Trinitarianism – and that is that I didn't reallize I had a heavenly Father.  Everything was about Jesus.  Jesus this, and Jesus that; praise Jesus!.  When I finally realized that I also had a heavenly Father that cared about me…..I was stupefied; and I felt angry.  I felt like I had been robbed of my heavenly family.  God has given me his Spirit so that I can have a direct line to HIM whenever I wish.  I have Jesus to thank for that, but nevertheless, that is the Spirit I was given.

John 16:27
    No, the Father himself loves you because you have loved me and have believed that I came from God.

Love,
    Mandy

Hi Mandy

The reason you hear Jesus this and Jesus that here by Trinitarians is because we are defending the faith of Jesus being God!

When I worship in my Church or fellowship with my brothers and sisters there, we always mention and sing about the Father as well as Jesus and the Holy Spirit!

Maybe you feel you have been robbed of your family because you have forsaken fellowhip with them because you have a problem with their doctrine.

That is not the fault of the Trinity doctrine but your choice and you have that right! And my prayer is that you will continue seeking the truth!

WJ

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 401 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account