Did God die on the cross

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 481 through 497 (of 497 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Pierre,

I was dumbfounded for an answer to Kathi's response. What can a sensible person even say to someone who is willing to post such nonsense with a straight face? ???

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 03 2012,19:03)
    Pierre,

I was dumbfounded for an answer to Kathi's response.  What can a sensible person even say to someone who is willing to post such nonsense with a straight face?  ???

Mike

you mean a poker face ,????? :D

I give up on Kathi, she is convince in her own mind ,so be it :)

GeneBalthrop
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 02 2012,07:22)
    Kathi,

To expand on Nick's last sentence:

Serve your God by also serving the ones He appoints as Lords over us.  Jesus is the highest of the Lords God has appointed, but at least 12 others will rule with him as Lords over us as well.  We will serve them all, because in doing so, we will be serving the One who appointed them over us in the first place.

Mike……….Very Good post brother.

peace and love to you and yours………………………………gene

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Thanks Gene. :)

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ April 01 2012,19:59)
    Mike,
    It doesn't say greater 'in power' does it?

bump…don't give me opinion. Regarding the verses you put down, do they say greater 'in power'? Yes or No

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ April 01 2012,21:31)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 02 2012,18:59)
    Mike,

K

you most be joking ,just go to your boss and see if he would agree with you

Can an employee be physically stronger than the boss? YES

Does the employee have the same nature as the boss? YES

So, the difference between a boss and an employee is position, not nature, not physical strength, not wisdom necessarily, but position.

Could that verse: “The Father is greater than I” be about position as Father to a Son and not about being greater in nature or physical strength or wisdom?

Since Jesus IS (=) the power and wisdom of God then He is not less than the power and wisdom of God…what about that is hard to understand?

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,17:21)
    Hi LU,
    No the Son is at the RIGHT HAND of his God.

Nick,
    Did you not know that the Son is the 'arm of the Lord?' He is inseparable to the Father. The Father is always in His fullness because He always has the Son and Spirit.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2012,21:26)
    Hi LU,
    acts 10.38
    Says the Nazarene was anointed with POWER

Yes Nick,
    The 'Nazarene' was anointed…that is according to the flesh, not according to who He pre-existed as. Remember, He emptied Himself to become flesh. In His pre-existence He created the world and holds everything together.

He = the power and wisdom of God
    therefore
    He could not be less than the power and wisdom of God.

1 Cor 1:24 But to those called by God to salvation, both Jews and Gentiles, Christ is the power of God and the wisdom of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Anointed according to the flesh-what is this about?
    Yes the anointing was before him..and Abraham.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    He was anointed to begin His next step in His purpose for coming.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Kathi, verse 24 is not saying that Christ IS literally God's very power and wisdom.

Read verse 30 for a better understanding of verse 24.

I believe the teaching is that we shouldn't care who thinks us weak or fools, because through Christ, we have all the power and wisdom of God Himself on our side.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2012,15:10)

Quote (Lightenup @ April 01 2012,19:59)
    Mike,

bump…don't give me opinion. Regarding the verses you put down, do they say greater 'in power'? Yes or No

Do they say “greater in every way EXCEPT power”?   ???

John 10:29
    My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than all ; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand.

Jesus knows he is not his own Father, right?  Yet he doesn't say, WE are greater than all, does he?  He gives the “greater than all” credit solely to his own Father.  And here, just like with the verses I posted that show Jesus as someone OTHER THAN the One who created all things, if Jesus is not the One who is greater than ALL, then he has no choice but to be one of those the Father is greater than.

And while it doesn't say “power” in the verse, the “snatching” reference surely implies it.  

Kathi, if someone makes a GENERAL statement that someone else is “greater than all”, what would make you even think, Oh, I'll bet that means He's greater in every way EXCEPT power ?  ???

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    you said:

And while it doesn't say “power” in the verse, the “snatching” reference surely implies it.

John 10:25Jesus answered them, “I told you, and you do not believe; the works that I do in My Father’s name, these testify of Me. 26“But you do not believe because you are not of My sheep. 27“My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; 28and I give eternal life to them, and they will never perish; and no one will snatch them out of My hand.

That is Jesus' hand that no one will snatch them out of in v. 28, btw.

The Father and the Son both have the power to hold us in Their hand.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ April 04 2012,16:53)
    Kathi, verse 24 is not saying that Christ IS literally God's very power and wisdom.

Read verse 30 for a better understanding of verse 24.

I believe the teaching is that we shouldn't care who thinks us weak or fools, because through Christ, we have all the power and wisdom of God Himself on our side.

Prov 8:14“Counsel is mine and sound wisdom;
    I am understanding, power is mine.

Proverbs 8 is about Jesus as the wisdom of God. He is understanding and power is His.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (Lightenup @ April 04 2012,19:24)
    The Father and the Son both have the power to hold us in Their hand.

Christ can do nothing on his own, Kathi.  Any power he has comes from his God – the same as any power Pilate had, or any power any of us have.

Kathi, God is greater than His servant, Jesus.  If you want to think God is greater in all ways except for power, then go ahead and think it.

It matters not to me.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    Jesus has all things that the Father has.

John 16:15 “All things that the Father has are Mine; therefore I said that He takes of Mine and will disclose it to you.

Lightenup
    Participant

Mike,
    you say:

Christ can do nothing on his own, Kathi. Any power he has comes from his God – the same as any power Pilate had, or any power any of us have.

Kathi, God is greater than His servant, Jesus. If you want to think God is greater in all ways except for power, then go ahead and think it.

I believe you misunderstand this verse:
    John 5 19: Therefore Jesus answered and was saying to them, “Truly, truly, I say to you, the Son can do nothing of Himself, unless it is something He sees the Father doing; for whatever the Father does, these things the Son also does in like manner.

Not only do the Father and Son have all the same things (John 16:15), they act in the same way. Whatever the Father can do, the Son can also do. This expresses their like nature and their intimate unity. This in no way is expressing any incapability of the Son, Mike, but instead the complete capability of the Son to do what His Father does.

Viewing 17 posts - 481 through 497 (of 497 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account