Did God die on the cross

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 497 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Kangaroo Jack @ Feb. 08 2012,05:06)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 08 2012,04:51)
    Hi KJ,
    Have you not read the bible?
    All things are yet to be put to order under King Jesus.

Hebrews 2:6-8 says that all things have been put under Jesus. It says that God left “not one thing” that is not put under Him. This was written near the end of the old covenant age.

Paul said that when all things are put under Him His reign ENDS and that He Himself becomes a SUBJECT.

So how can He begin a any kind of reign when He Himself becomes a subject?

KJ

Hi KJ
    Heb 2.8
    “…but now we DO NOT SEE all things subjected to him”

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 07 2012,01:11)
    Hi LU,
    David wrote by the Spirit psalm 2 which Jesus quoted speaking of the prophesied Millenium where Jesus is given reign over the earth and brings it slowly back to perfect order.
    By the flesh as a son of Joseph by adoption Jesus was David's son.

THE LORD of course is the words substituted for YHWH by the Jews.

Calling Jesus LORD LORD does not make us one with him or his Father.

Nick,
    Do you mean Psalm 110? Jesus is now seated at the right hand of the Father…since His resurrection.

You are right that Jesus was David's son as the adopted son of Joseph.

Calling Jesus LORD LORD does not make us one with him or his Father.

Also true. So is Jesus your Lord God with the Father or is He your Lord as a neighbor. One of those will unite you with Him and place you IN the kingdom and one of those will not. It is our goal to be IN the kingdom and not simply near the kingdom like the man that answered Jesus correctly. He knew the two greatest commandments yet Jesus implied that he was not yet 'in' the kingdom by telling him that he was not far from it.

Also, Jesus is also called Yahweh as is the Father.

Kathi

NickHassan
    Participant

No K,
    Ps 2
    Yahshua was EMMANUEL.
    From the jordan he manifested God in him.

Lightenup
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 07 2012,16:32)
    Kathi

Think about it though, if the Son did all the work and the Father just supplied the materials,

why do you think THE WORD ;SON did all the work ??? you do not know so you assume,yes.

why would you believe that God supplied all the material ? IF YOU READ SCRIPTURES YOU CAN SEE THAT CHRIST IS THE FIRST OF CREATION AND SO ;THEIR WAS NOTHING THEIR BESIDE GOD AND HIS SON, FROM HERE ON WHAT HAPPEN SCRIPTURES SAYS THAT ALL OTHER THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH THE SON ;NOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN ?? DID GOD PROVIDED ALL THE MATERIAL AT THE SAME TIME HE CREATED THE SON ???

IT SEEMS SO ;BECAUSE TI IS THROUGH THE SON THAT ALL THINGS ARE HOLDING TOGETHER (ACCORDING TO PAUL)BECAUSE IT ALSO SEEMS TO CLEAR THAT GOD ONLY CREATE DIRECTLY HIS SON;AND ALL OTHER THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM SO LIKE A BUFFER ZONE ,BUT A GOOD QUESTION NOW WOULD BE ,DID GOD CREATED THE ANGELS FIRST ? I DO BELIEVE SO BECAUSE IT SAYS,THAT THE INVISIBLE CREATE THE VISIBLE (PAUL) SO IT WOULD BE GOOD TO UNDERSTAND THE ORDER IN WITCH GOD CREATED THINGS ,AFTER THE ANGELS HE MUST HAVE CREATED THE BASE FOUNDATION OF THE PHYSICAL WORLD AND FROM THERE ON AND ON UNTIL THE EARTH WAS READY TO BE TRANSFORM TO CREATE MAN,

Pierre

Pierre,
    You asked:

why do you think THE WORD ;SON did all the work ??? you do not know so you assume,yes.

John 1:3 tells us that the Word made all things and that is 'made' as in a sense of completion. Did you ever play with Legos? It is sorta like the Father made the Legos and dumped them on the ground, not forming anything particular…and the Son put the Legos together to form the universe and all things visible and invisible in heaven and on the earth.  All things are from the Father and through the Son.

Jesus was not a created thing but a begotten/born Son.

The order of creation, from what I can tell from scripture, is:
    In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, Gen 1:1…those are the basic elements in water (heavens) and earth. In other words, the Legos, if you will allow an analogy for the sake of communicating my view.
    The elements (legos) were not put together as anything yet like legos just dumped on the ground…without form and water covering it.
    Then the Spirit of God broods over the water sort of like an expectant Father pacing in a waiting room anticipating the birth of His Son.
    Then the Father beget His eternally existent Son from within Him and says “let there be light.”
    This is the light that the Son is and brings from the Father to our realm.
    This light is separated from the darkness…kingdoms are set up, one for the Son which is a kingdom of Light and another for that which opposes the Light which would be the kingdom of darkness (which is empty till satan stands against God). The angels are created after the Son is begotten before day two. Day two comes and the Son brings the 'legos' into form…God the Father says what to do and God the Son does it for the rest of creation. When Genesis says that 'God said' I picture that as the Father speaking to the Son…and when it says 'and God made…'I picture that as the Son's response by making all things visible and invisible by His own power and wisdom according to the will of His Father. Day three is when the foundation of the earth is laid and the angels shouted for joy…the waters were separated and dry land appeared. In Prov 8 it mentions that wisdom was beside God as the foundation was measured out and that happened when the waters were commanded to come only so far and no more.

Prov 8:29When He set for the sea its boundary
            So that the water would not transgress His command,
            When He marked out the foundations of the earth;

30Then I was beside Him, as a master workman;

This is what I have come to understand after reading scripture. It is my educated guess. You asked me to explain my view. :)

Kathi

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Emmanuel was Jesus, the Begotten God made flesh dwelling with us since His conception and birth from Mary.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi K,
    “God was in him reconciling the world to Himself”
    Was he in himself??

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    You would know your Lord if you were one with him.
    Why do you speak of the beloved as you would if he was a neighbour?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 08 2012,22:51)

Quote (terraricca @ Feb. 07 2012,16:32)
    Kathi

Think about it though, if the Son did all the work and the Father just supplied the materials,

why would you believe that God supplied all the material ? IF YOU READ SCRIPTURES YOU CAN SEE THAT CHRIST IS THE FIRST OF CREATION AND SO ;THEIR WAS NOTHING THEIR BESIDE GOD AND HIS SON, FROM HERE ON WHAT HAPPEN SCRIPTURES SAYS THAT ALL OTHER THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH THE SON ;NOW WHAT DOES IT MEAN ?? DID GOD PROVIDED ALL THE MATERIAL AT THE SAME TIME HE CREATED THE SON ???

IT SEEMS SO ;BECAUSE TI IS THROUGH THE SON THAT ALL THINGS ARE HOLDING TOGETHER (ACCORDING TO PAUL)BECAUSE IT ALSO SEEMS TO CLEAR THAT GOD ONLY CREATE DIRECTLY HIS SON;AND ALL OTHER THINGS WERE CREATED THROUGH HIM SO LIKE A BUFFER ZONE ,BUT A GOOD QUESTION NOW WOULD BE ,DID GOD CREATED THE ANGELS FIRST ? I DO BELIEVE SO BECAUSE IT SAYS,THAT THE INVISIBLE CREATE THE VISIBLE (PAUL) SO IT WOULD BE GOOD TO UNDERSTAND THE ORDER IN WITCH GOD CREATED THINGS ,AFTER THE ANGELS HE MUST HAVE CREATED THE BASE FOUNDATION OF THE PHYSICAL WORLD AND FROM THERE ON AND ON UNTIL THE EARTH WAS READY TO BE TRANSFORM TO CREATE MAN,

Pierre

Pierre,
    You asked:

John 1:3 tells us that the Word made all things and that is 'made' as in a sense of completion. Did you ever play with Legos? It is sorta like the Father made the Legos and dumped them on the ground, not forming anything particular…and the Son put the Legos together to form the universe and all things visible and invisible in heaven and on the earth.  All things are from the Father and through the Son.

Jesus was not a created thing but a begotten/born Son.

The order of creation, from what I can tell from scripture, is:
    In the beginning, God created the heavens and the earth, Gen 1:1…those are the basic elements in water (heavens) and earth. In other words, the Legos, if you will allow an analogy for the sake of communicating my view.
    The elements (legos) were not put together as anything yet like legos just dumped on the ground…without form and water covering it.
    Then the Spirit of God broods over the water sort of like an expectant Father pacing in a waiting room anticipating the birth of His Son.
    Then the Father beget His eternally existent Son from within Him and says “let there be light.”
    This is the light that the Son is and brings from the Father to our realm.
    This light is separated from the darkness…kingdoms are set up, one for the Son which is a kingdom of Light and another for that which opposes the Light which would be the kingdom of darkness (which is empty till satan stands against God). The angels are created after the Son is begotten before day two. Day two comes and the Son brings the 'legos' into form…God the Father says what to do and God the Son does it for the rest of creation. When Genesis says that 'God said' I picture that as the Father speaking to the Son…and when it says 'and God made…'I picture that as the Son's response by making all things visible and invisible by His own power and wisdom according to the will of His Father. Day three is when the foundation of the earth is laid and the angels shouted for joy…the waters were separated and dry land appeared. In Prov 8 it mentions that wisdom was beside God as the foundation was measured out and that happened when the waters were commanded to come only so far and no more.

Prov 8:29When He set for the sea its boundary
            So that the water would not transgress His command,
            When He marked out the foundations of the earth;

30Then I was beside Him, as a master workman;

This is what I have come to understand after reading scripture. It is my educated guess. You asked me to explain my view. :)

Kathi

Kathi

Now in your explanation how many scriptures did you declared a lie ???

I would say may be five or ten or more ,so like told you before you have your own bible version,

This must be as you say YOUR EDUCATION,true common honest believers with no education just humble in heart FOLLOW THE SCRIPTURES AS GOD MADE THEM?

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    I don't.

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    None.

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    All the fullness of the Godhead dwells in Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    What is a godhead??

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Having the fullness of the Godhead would be to have the full makeup of God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi LU,
    Yes for us we have one God the Father.
    What about His makeup??

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 09 2012,22:40)
    Nick,
    Having the fullness of the Godhead would be to have the full makeup of God.

Kathi

I did not know that God is not a single being but a make being,we're it says this in scriptures ?

Is made with two heads or one ? This is not a joke,

I just want to see til what point your folly will make you go,

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Nick,
    Both contain the fullness of the Godhead.

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    What is Godhead?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 09 2012,23:56)
    Pierre,
    What is Godhead?

Kathy

I don't know it is not in my bible ,you must be the only one who find it in your bible

Pierre

Lightenup
    Participant

Pierre,
    Maybe you are just unaware.

Col 2:9:
    New International Version (©1984)
    For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

New Living Translation (©2007)
    For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    because all the essence of deity inhabits him in bodily form.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    For all The Fullness of The Deity dwells in him bodily.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    All of God lives in Christ's body,

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    For in him dwells all the fullness of the Deity bodily.

American King James Version
    For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

American Standard Version
    for in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,

Douay-Rheims Bible
    For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead corporeally;

Darby Bible Translation
    For in him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily;

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
    For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Weymouth New Testament
    For it is in Christ that the fulness of God's nature dwells embodied, and in Him you are made complete,

World English Bible
    For in him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily,

Young's Literal Translation
    because in him doth tabernacle all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Lightenup @ Feb. 10 2012,00:56)
    Pierre,
    Maybe you are just unaware.

Col 2:9:
    New International Version (©1984)
    For in Christ all the fullness of the Deity lives in bodily form,

New Living Translation (©2007)
    For in Christ lives all the fullness of God in a human body.

English Standard Version (©2001)
    For in him the whole fullness of deity dwells bodily,

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
    For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form,

King James Bible (Cambridge Ed.)
    For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

International Standard Version (©2008)
    because all the essence of deity inhabits him in bodily form.

Aramaic Bible in Plain English (©2010)
    For all The Fullness of The Deity dwells in him bodily.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
    All of God lives in Christ's body,

King James 2000 Bible (©2003)
    For in him dwells all the fullness of the Deity bodily.

American King James Version
    For in him dwells all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

American Standard Version

Douay-Rheims Bible
    For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead corporeally;

Darby Bible Translation
    For in him dwells all the fulness of the Godhead bodily;

English Revised Version

Webster's Bible Translation
    For in him dwelleth all the fullness of the Godhead bodily.

Weymouth New Testament
    For it is in Christ that the fulness of God's nature dwells embodied, and in Him you are made complete,

World English Bible
    For in him all the fullness of the Godhead dwells bodily,

Young's Literal Translation
    because in him doth tabernacle all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,

Kathi

I still do not understand that word and the relation to God except that it seems to say some thing what is not been teach by Christ ,or his disciples ,this are bad translation the ones that use that word it look ambiguous to me,

strange word in deed ,what would the Greek word used that his translated in a word like that ????

Viewing 20 posts - 281 through 300 (of 497 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account