Denominations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    Cubes
    Participant

Certainly in his will, Ken. Sounds good! But I do also believe that in order for us to be one, we have to have the mind of Christ… and that takes us right back to square one, the first and greatest commandment. So our prayer should also include that we grow in the knowledge of the Father.

kenrch
    Participant

It matters not that I be proven wrong but that I recieve His truth of the Holy Spirit.
    Absolutely cubes!
    That should be everyones personnel prayer! I know it's mine. That and His will would be done for everyone etc.

Ok Saturday it is!!!

kenrch
    Participant

How many are we now just Sandra myself and cubes then theirs t8 and I believe woutlaw. The more logs on the fire the brighter the light!

TJStarfire
    Participant

Hi T8

There is only one God and only one set of rules to follow.
    Right?

Division among followers only leads to following false paths.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi TJStarfire,

I am not sure what you mean, but I would say that there is one God. Yes divisions among the brethren is not good. But division with the world and things that are not of God is also good.

1 Corinthians 1:10
    I appeal to you, brothers, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that all of you agree with one another so that there may be no divisions among you and that you may be perfectly united in mind and thought.

Romans 16:17
    I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.

Luke 12:49-51
    49 “I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled!
    50 But I have a baptism to undergo, and how distressed I am until it is completed!
    51 Do you think I came to bring peace on earth? No, I tell you, but division.

:)

Proclaimer
    Participant

After praying and asking God to show us/me the way, God has put certain things on my heart. I would like to quote the following I read recently which describes what I believe will happen as God seeks to set his church free from Babylon.

The quote below is the authors reflection on the vision that he recieved. The vision is written in the book, “The Vision”.
    The first part of this book is quoted at the following URL:
    https://heavennet.net/visions/the-hordes-of-hell-are-marching.htm

…I was then reminded of Abraham Lincoln. The only way he could become a great emancipator and presever of the Union was to be willing to fight a Civil War. Not only did he have to fight it, but he had to be determined not to compromise until the victory was complete.

Lincoln also had to have the grace to fight the bloodiest war in our history without “demonising” the enemy with propaganda. If he had done that, he might have been able to galvanize the resolve of the North much faster, facilitating a quicker military victory. However, it would have made the reunion after the war much more difficult. Because he was truly fighting to preserve the Union, Lincoln never made men and women of the South the enemy, but rather the evil that held them in bondage.

A great spiritual civil war now looms before the church. Many will do everything to avoid it. This is understandable, and even noble. However, compromise will never maintain lasting peace. It will only make the ultimate conflict that much more difficult when it comes – and come it will.

The Lord is now preparing courageous leaders who will be willing to fight a spiritual civil war in order to set men free. The main issue as in the American Civil War, will be slavery versus freedom. The secondary issue, which will be the primary issue for some, will be money.

Just as the American Civil War at times looked like it would destroy the entire nation, that which is coming upon the church will sometimes appear as if it will bring an end of the church. However, just as the United States not only survived but went on to bcome the most powerful nation on earth, the same is going to happen to the church. The church will not be destroyed, but institutions and doctrines that have kept men in slavery will be…

Woutlaw
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ April 29 2006,02:26)
    After praying and asking God to show us/me the way, God has put certain things on my heart. I would like to quote the following I read recently which describes what I believe will happen as God seeks to set his church free from Babylon.

The quote below is the authors reflection on the vision that he recieved. The vision is written in the book, “The Vision”.
    The first part of this book is quoted at the following URL:
    https://heavennet.net/visions/the-hordes-of-hell-are-marching.htm

…I was then reminded of Abraham Lincoln. The only way he could become a great emancipator and presever of the Union was to be willing to fight a Civil War. Not only did he have to fight it, but he had to be determined not to compromise until the victory was complete.

Lincoln also had to have the grace to fight the bloodiest war in our history without “demonising” the enemy with propaganda. If he had done that, he might have been able to galvanize the resolve of the North much faster, facilitating a quicker military victory. However, it would have made the reunion after the war much more difficult. Because he was truly fighting to preserve the Union, Lincoln never made men and women of the South the enemy, but rather the evil that held them in bondage.

A great spiritual civil war now looms before the church. Many will do everything to avoid it. This is understandable, and even noble. However, compromise will never maintain lasting peace. It will only make the ultimate conflict that much more difficult when it comes – and come it will.

The Lord is now preparing courageous leaders who will be willing to fight a spiritual civil war in order to set men free. The main issue as in the American Civil War, will be slavery versus freedom. The secondary issue, which will be the primary issue for some, will be money.

Just as the American Civil War at times looked like it would destroy the entire nation, that which is coming upon the church will sometimes appear as if it will bring an end of the church. However, just as the United States not only survived but went on to bcome the most powerful nation on earth, the same is going to happen to the church. The church will not be destroyed, but institutions and doctrines that have kept men in slavery will be…

May it be so T8

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ April 26 2006,06:13)
    How many are we now just Sandra myself and cubes then theirs t8 and I believe woutlaw.  The more logs on the fire the brighter the light!

Me too

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ April 29 2006,20:46)

Quote (kenrch @ April 26 2006,06:13)
    How many are we now just Sandra myself and cubes then theirs t8 and I believe woutlaw.  The more logs on the fire the brighter the light!

Me too

Amen the light is brighter!

kenrch
    Participant

Today is Wednesday May 3, 06.
    I'm going to be seeking the Holy Spirit as to what we should pray for or simply what is His will.

Jam 1:5 But if any of you lacketh wisdom, let him ask of God, who giveth to all liberally and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.

Rom 8:26 And in like manner the Spirit also helpeth our infirmity: for we know not how to pray as we ought; but the Spirit himself maketh intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered;

Question: …for we know not how to pray.
    How could they not know how to pray. Jesus said prayer in this manner, The lord's prayer. So shouldn't that be “for we know not WHAT to pray as we ought?

Proclaimer
    Participant

I prayed today with a group of people today. We had a meal and talked about stuff that was relevant to the church and how many people today want to be free to serve God in his way. I really believe that God wants to free his people from false (worldy) religious systems.

It's great to see so many people (here in Wellington New Zealand anyway) that God has spoken to about this. It only takes a few motivated people to talk about it and it is quite surprising to see others responding in agreement.

It seems that God has already placed something special in many hearts and such people only need to hear the words and they respond. Of course there are others who are completely against such freedom and think they are doing a service to God, but in Jesus time he too had to contend with Pharisees.

I encourage others to pray together with fellow believers. Homes are a good place to meet, but the location is almost irrelivant. What is important is that brethren dwell in unity and that we regularly fellowship.

I would like to meet some of you guys in person and pray with you.

NickHassan
    Participant

amen t8

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 07 2006,12:36)
    I prayed today with a group of people today. We had a meal and talked about stuff that was relevant to the church and how many people today want to be free to serve God in his way. I really believe that God wants to free his people from false (worldy) religious systems.

It's great to see so many people (here in Wellington New Zealand anyway) that God has spoken to about this. It only takes a few motivated people to talk about it and it is quite surprising to see others responding in agreement.

It seems that God has already placed something special in many hearts and such people only need to hear the words and they respond. Of course there are others who are completely against such freedom and think they are doing a service to God, but in Jesus time he too had to contend with Pharisees.

I encourage others to pray together with fellow believers. Homes are a good place to meet, but the location is almost irrelivant. What is important is that brethren dwell in unity and that we regularly fellowship.

I would like to meet some of you guys in person and pray with you.

Can't we pray together long distance via the Holy Spirit?

NickHassan
    Participant

Amen,
    Jesus healed the Syrophoenician woman's daughter from afar.

Proclaimer
    Participant

I prayed with a group of people yesterday at my home. After talking we decided to start from scratch and find out what the principles of true faith are. Jesus said the following:

John 10:25
    Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me,

John 10:38
    But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

So the miracles he did were also there to testify to the truth. We discussed how many Christians do not see miracles and thought that probably had a lot to with the gospel they preach.

Surely if we preach the true gospel and if we teach the true foundation, then miracles will also testify to our message.

So we looked at

Hebrews 6
    1 Therefore let us leave the elementary teachings about Christ and go on to maturity, not laying again the foundation of repentance from acts that lead to death, and of faith in God,
    2 instruction about baptisms, the laying on of hands, the resurrection of the dead, and eternal judgment.
    3 And God permitting, we will do so.

to talk about the foundational teachings about Christ.

We also concluded that the belief that Jesus was the son of God and the messiah was absolutely foundational. I don't need to quote scriptures to prove that.

The great thing was that most of the people that came have just recently left a denomination and even though they were considered by that denimination to have backslidden, the truth was that their faith had become stronger. They were very enthusiastic about what the scriptures teach and to see if what they have been taugh stacks up.

We decided to meet about every 2 weeks and at a different house each time. I encourage others who come here to try and do the same.

We even got the chance to pray for a Tongan family who we staying in a house near us, and who had flown over to get and xray/catscan for their son. They found out that he has a brain tumour and has about 4 or so weeks to live. The doctors said that it is too big/far gone to operate on and he suffers paralysis on one side of his body. Please pray for this beautiful little boy. His name is Sionne. He is 6 years old.

david
    Participant

Do you perform miracles like Jesus, t8?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    Derek Prince put out a series of pamphlets called
    The Foundation Series
    or something like that.
    He has a book for each phrase in Heb 6 1f

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (david @ May 22 2006,03:12)
    Do you perform miracles like Jesus, t8?

I don't, but God does.

seekingtruth
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ May 21 2006,07:38)
    We decided to meet about every 2 weeks and at a different house each time. I encourage others who come here to try and do the same.

T8,
    I've been talking to my brother-in-law about doing the same type of thing. I don't know about NZ but it's almost a phenomenon in US that people are leaving the “churches” in search of God. According to one article I read there are over one million people in US alone. Unfortunately many are not assembling themselves with other believers, something I do believe scriptures tell us we should not forsake.

For me at least, this forum has helped a lot. I have grown more in my faith in the last few months then I had for sometime. Finding a fellow group of believers of like mind has encouraged me that I hadn't wandered off the straight and narrow but it's actually because I am still on it that I have been questioning so many things.

I will pray for this boy, and for you. I believe true miracles will be restored to the church before the end (just my opinion).

God bless you brother

Proclaimer
    Participant

Yes I had heard something similar about how people are leaving the denominations in droves in the US.

One person put it this way. “They are starting to realise that they do not go to church, rather they are the Church. I have believed this myself for some time.

According to what I heard about census data that was taken in New Zealand; Kiwis are basically a Godless nation because many do not go to church. However others countered that with the argument that most Christians in New Zealand do not regularly go to a denomination.

Does anyone have any hard stats regarding this?

Viewing 20 posts - 161 through 180 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account