Denominations

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 271 total)
  • Author
    Woutlaw
    Participant

sounds good kenrch

sandra
    Participant

welcome Sandra

sandra
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Mar. 19 2006,01:19)
    Would a grouping system that represented a persons denomination be a good idea? E.g., JWs, Christadelphians, Catholic, no denomination, etc. At the moment all are in the members group, apart from admins, and a couple of other exceptions.

One advantage of this would be that a person would be able to recognise where the others are coming from. I would also assume that a person who belongs to a denomination would be OK and not ashamed to be in that group.

A disadvantage could be that it turns into some kind of competition. But I think that this exists already to some degree.

Currently I think that new members can be confused and think that this BBS is run by the JWs or Christadelphians which it most certainly is not.

I know that it is not good for believers to say I follow Paul, and I follow Apollos, but the reality is that most believers do this very thing. So rather than trying to hide it, would it be better to put it out in the open and represent it the way it is?

welcome Sandra

sandra
    Participant

I am so sorry people, my friend has been trying to teach me how to use quote's. and she got carried away. I truely apologize.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (sandra @ April 01 2006,19:49)
    I am so sorry people, my friend has been trying to teach me how to use quote's. and she got carried away. I truely apologize.

AWWWWWWWW! That's alright! I nebver macke missstaaaaakes! :D

david
    Participant

I was just reading about sheep, when I was reminded of what Nick said in the “where is Nick and T8” thread:

Posted: Mar. 29 2006,07:20 QUOTE
    Hi David,
    Is there something deeper than the obvious in what you have written?
    Is “safety in a crowd” a useful biblical adage?

A flock may be scattered across a meadow when grazing, but each sheep keeps in contact with the group as a whole. Thus, when the animals feel insecure or frightened, “they can hurriedly gather together,” states the book Alles für das Schaf (Everything for the Sheep). If sheep run away to escape danger, they do so as a flock, stopping at times to reassess the situation. “Fleeing in stages allows lambs and weaker animals to keep up. The herd even offers them special protection.” What can we learn from this behavior?

Are true Christians today scattered among the denominations and sects of Christendom with contradicting beliefs? Or are they instead, gathered into one flock?

True, Jesus said an “enemy” sowed “weeds” in the wheat field. (Matthew 13:24-30, 36-43)
    But both Isaiah’s and Micah’s prophecies foretell a regathering of true worshipers “in the final part of the days.”
    Isaiah says: “It must occur in the final part of the days that the mountain of the house of Jehovah will become firmly established above the top of the mountains, and it will certainly be lifted up above the hills; and to it all the nations must stream. And many peoples will certainly go and say: ‘Come, you people, and let us go up to the mountain of Jehovah, to the house of the God of Jacob; and he will instruct us about his ways, and we will walk in his paths.’” A clear-eyed look at the facts shows that Isaiah’s prophecy is being fulfilled in our time.—Isaiah 2:2, 3; Micah 4:1-3.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Sheep will herd together whether or not they have the true shepherd.His sheep will recognoise his voice and will shun the voice of a stranger. False teachings are from the voice of a stranger. Shun them

david
    Participant

Hey Nick, just looking through some very old posts.

Posted: April 21 2005,08:25 QUOTE
    Quote (Guest @ April 21 2005,06:46)
    Trettep, Nick:
    Is a trinitarian a “believer”?

I don't know MM.

What do you think a believer is?

This was an old post. I asked the same question to t8 a week ago. This very question was once asked to you too. You responded by repeating the question back. Is a trinitarian a believer?

Hi david,
    Sheep will herd together whether or not they have the true shepherd.

People will herd together whether or not they have a true shephard.
    But are those people you describe sheeplike? (Jo 13:35)

NickHassan
    Participant

hi david,
    If they are sheeplike they will be like the Lamb of God. They will be gentle, meek and submissive to God and will be willing vessels for the work of the Spirit in them. They will desist from their own works and rest in the easy role and yoke given them by God. They will be led. They will be listening for the voice of the shepherd and not distracted by the claims of men on their ears.
    They will not be like self willed goats.

There are even God's people everywhere, even among those yet in the Whore or scripture would not say
    “Come out of her My people”

Cubes
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ April 01 2006,05:13)
    I would like to pick a day, any day.  And all of us on that day pray and seek the Lord TOGETHER.

I believe we would be one if we prayed as one!

What do ya think?

Hi Ken,

The only question is, who shall we be praying to respectively? Shouldn't we agree on who to pray to? YHWH who is one or the Trinity who is not my God? I believe this is critical a foundation, don't you?

david
    Participant

The only question is, who shall we be praying to respectively? Shouldn't we agree on who to pray to? YHWH who is one or the Trinity who is not my God? I believe this is critical a foundation, don't you?

Exactly. At the end of prays, you say: “Amen,” which means: “truly,” or “so be it.” How will you be able to say this word if you don't agree with the prayer or even who the prayer is to?

david
    Participant

Hey Nick, just looking through some very old posts.

Posted: April 21 2005,08:25 QUOTE
    Quote (Guest @ April 21 2005,06:46)
    Trettep, Nick:
    Is a trinitarian a “believer”?

I don't know MM.

What do you think a believer is?

This was an old post. I asked the same question to t8 a week ago. This very question was once asked to you too. You responded by repeating the question back. Is a trinitarian a believer?

Your response to this question?

hi david,
    If they are sheeplike they will be like the Lamb of God. They will be gentle, meek and submissive to God and will be willing vessels for the work of the Spirit in them. They will desist from their own works and rest in the easy role and yoke given them by God. They will be led. They will be listening for the voice of the shepherd and not distracted by the claims of men on their ears.
    They will not be like self willed goats.

There are even God's people everywhere, even among those yet in the Whore or scripture would not say

I don't see a “yes” or a “no” in there, so am I to assume you're not sure?

So if they're God's people, do they remain inside a harlot, or do they “come out”?
    God's people are not born so. When they see the truth, when their eyes and hearts are opened, when God draws them to him, then they are one of “God's people,” and they come out of the disgusting harlot, that is condemned by God.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    So black and white.
    You think you can can see lots of things so clearly but can you see the kingdom?

sandra
    Participant

I was taught to pray, “In the name of my Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ”, (this now brings me into the presence of Abba, and then pray the Lord's Prayer) the only prayer we have been instructed to pray. Our spirits are always groaning and making intercession, or praying without ceasing! When finished praying the Lord's Prayer, I close with, “In the name of My Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ” Salute

Rev.14 “And unto the church of the Laodiceans write; These things saith the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the beginning of the creation of God:”

david
    Participant

Hi david,
    So black and white.
    You think you can can see lots of things so clearly but can you see the kingdom?

If you don't know or are unsure, you should have said so, instead of playing games by repeating the question back to the other person, or saying a lot of stuff but not answering the question at all.

It's just that you and t8 and maybe some others feel that you have “fellow believers” in all kinds of religions with all kinds of differing beliefs.
    And I got the distinct feeling that t8 would consider a trinitarian a “believer” if the situation was right, but you are unsure.

Hi david,
    So black and white.

You didn't really have to jump on me for asking this. “Can you see the kingdom,” you ask. I'll say this, or I'll let Jesus say it:
    “Every kingdom divided against itself comes to desolation, and every city or house divided against itself will not stand.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    Our opinions are almost irrelevant but what scripture shows is truth and we are bound to seek that truth.

The Spirit of truth is given to us who are in Christ and seek it to enable us to see the kingdom and much more.

So we always plead that men would seek that inner light rather than the opinions of men.

david
    Participant

And those who continue to believe in the “opinions of men,” Nick, how do you view them?–As believers?
    What does “The Spirit of truth” given to you tell you?
    What do you believe the Bible says in regard to this?
    Do the wheat consider the weeds to be fellow believers?
    What do you think?

The fact that there are so many denominations teaching contradictiong things proves that most of them teach lies. (The Bible does not contradict itself, and neither does God. Jehovah is not a God of confusion. 1 Cor 14:33)
    The fact that there are so many non-denominational people teaching contradictiong things also proves that most of them do not understand Bible truths. 10 men staring at a Bible. One says “black,” one says “it's white,” one says “orange,” one says “purple,” one says “black and orange,” one says “white with poka dots,” one says: “yes, white, BUT NO POKA DOTS,” etc….
    They cannot all be right. Maybe all have been mislead. Or maybe all but one have been mislead. Either God is a trinity or he is not. Both groups cannot be right. One group is basing their beliefs on the Bible, the other is decieved.
    What applies to the trinity belief, applies to a hundred other beliefs.

For the non-denominationalist, finding someone who agrees with you on everything seems impossible. So I can appreciate your uncertainty in knowing how to answer this question. For if you only called believers those who believe as you, you would be the only believer..

david

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi david,
    The scriptural meaning of believers is not those who have come to an intellectual agreement that there is a God, or even that there is a God who has a Son whom he sent to earth and filled with His Spirit.

If you believe God is one you are equal with the demons in your faith according to James.

Believers are those who acted on their faith and obeyed the Son of God. They became born again of Water and the Spirit. They continued the works of God in Christ despite opposition and hardships even unto death.

These are believers.

david
    Participant

Believers are those who acted on their faith and obeyed the Son of God. They became born again of Water and the Spirit. They continued the works of God in Christ despite opposition and hardships even unto death.

So are JW's believers?

david
    Participant

Believers are those who acted on their faith

Does not Paul say some had a zeal for God, but not according to accurate knowledge? (Romans 10:2)

Viewing 20 posts - 101 through 120 (of 271 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account