Defining Christianity

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • Author
    bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 04 2012,14:20)
    Only God defines who is a Christian.

What I was pointing out is you have to define what is meant by Christian to answer WIT's question, I made it clear I was giving my opinion. Scripture tells us “disciples were first called Christians in Antioch” Since the Bible is the earliest record of the word Christian and I think most would agree it is the best source for us to define what makes a Christian.

I passed no judgment on any person or denomination I was offering my opinion of what defined Christian. You have read my posts before, you know that I believe that true Christians are spread through-out all denominations and includes some not attending Church at all.

My Opinion – Wm

So it is your opinion that you must reject Muslims?

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 04 2012,15:22)

Quote (seekingtruth @ Jan. 04 2012,07:48)
    WhatIsTrue,
    First you have to define “all Christians”. To me people who when asked if they're a Christian answer with “I guess”, are not. Christians by my definition are active followers of Christ, you cannot follow Christ if you don't know anything about Him.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

There are no end to disagreements on the details of the above scripture. But anyone who could honestly say they are trying to follow Christ would have to embrace the basics in this scripture, otherwise they're not mis-interpreting scripture, they're rejecting it and by definition being a Christian is only possible if you know Him based on scripture, not made up ideas (otherwise you're following your idea of what Christ is).  

On the other hand if your define all Christians as being anyone who thinks they might be, then you'll never find agreement on anything.

My opinion – Wm

How do people get to define Christians other than people who acknowledge that they are in-fact Christians?

When a Christian is not doing whatever he supposed to do how could that mean they are no longer Christians wouldn't simply mean they are Christians doing something wrong?

In the letters of Paul he often criticizes the behaviour of certain churches he is visiting but not once does he say “you are no longer Christians”

You may not like it but Catholics, Jehovah's witnesses, Mormons, baptists, pentecostals, non-denominational, Lutheran…etc are all just as much Christian as you are

Bod

No,they are not,as a person we all have to make choices ,but only two choices are possible,serve God or not serve him,

God calls those who are his,he test the heart,the deepest thoughts we have,we're our real truth lays,no lies can pass ,

So if we are truthfull to God in our inner heart then we are his son disciple,how can a true disciple see if he is in front of a other disciple ?

Well,they talk the same language ,may not have the same knowledge and experience ,but they have the same goal in live,

Now all the religion have been around for years ,and have peuke out there venin of false truth about God and his son,that it is become obvious to the reader of the word of God,that what is written is not what those religion are doing,so they are false religion ,and sins they practices are done for a long time they hav lost their time of purification,

So they are thrown to the devil,,to collect the weeds,

It is still the time of separating the good from the bad seed,

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Bod

WE ARE ALL FACING OUR OWN HEART,AND SO ARE DECEIVE BY OUR OWN TAUTGHS IN OUR HEARTS

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 04 2012,08:22)

WhatIsTrue,
    First you have to define “all Christians”. To me people who when asked if they're a Christian answer with “I guess”, are not. Christians by my definition are active followers of Christ, you cannot follow Christ if you don't know anything about Him.

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

There are no end to disagreements on the details of the above scripture. But anyone who could honestly say they are trying to follow Christ would have to embrace the basics in this scripture, otherwise they're not mis-interpreting scripture, they're rejecting it and by definition being a Christian is only possible if you know Him based on scripture, not made up ideas (otherwise you're following your idea of what Christ is).  

On the other hand if your define all Christians as being anyone who thinks they might be, then you'll never find agreement on anything.

My opinion – Wm

How do people get to define Christians other than people who acknowledge that they are in-fact Christians?

When a Christian is not doing whatever he supposed to do how could that mean they are no longer Christians wouldn't simply mean they are Christians doing something wrong?

In the letters of Paul he often criticizes the behaviour of certain churches he is visiting but not once does he say “you are no longer Christians”

You may not like it but Catholics, Jehovah's witnesses, Mormons, baptists, pentecostals, non-denominational, Lutheran…etc are all just as much Christian as you are

Hi BD,

True, unlike muslims who are NOT Christians!

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 04 2012,21:24)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 04 2012,15:22)

WhatIsTrue,

My opinion – Wm

Bod

No,they are not,as a person we all have to make choices ,but only two choices are possible,serve God or not serve him,

God calls those who are his,he test the heart,the deepest thoughts we have,we're our real truth lays,no lies can pass ,

So if we are truthfull to God in our inner heart then we are his son disciple,how can a true disciple see if he is in front of a other disciple ?

Well,they talk the same language ,may not have the same knowledge and experience ,but they have the same goal in live,

Now all the religion have been around for years ,and have peuke out there venin of false truth about God and his son,that it is become obvious to the reader of the word of God,that what is written is not what those religion are doing,so they are false religion ,and sins they practices are done for a long time they hav lost their time of purification,

So they are thrown to the devil,,to collect the weeds,

It is still the time of separating the good from the bad seed,

Pierre

So is ED a true Christian although he practices numerology?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,09:55)

Hi BD,

What do you mean   'practices numerology'  ?

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2012,11:47)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

You study the meaning of numbers, what would you like to call it? Better yet where does God authorize it?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,11:50)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

You study the meaning of numbers, what would you like to call it? Better yet where does God authorize it?

Hi BD,

Numbers don't have meanings; do they?

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2012,11:55)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

They may or may not but you apply them to the knowledge of God like divination

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,17:02)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD,

“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” (Jeremiah 33:3)
    YHVH's existence is provable by encoding the proof into the “AKJV Bible”; Gematria is “ONLY a part” of this encoding.

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them (in the AKJV Bible) from this generation for ever.
    Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue(that is English) will he speak to this people.

B'shem
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 05 2012,17:57)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 05 2012,17:02)

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD,

B'shem
    YHVH

Hi BD,

“Call unto me, and I will answer thee, and show thee great and mighty things, which thou knowest not.” (Jeremiah 33:3)
    YHVH's existence is provable by encoding the proof into the “AKJV Bible”; Gematria is “ONLY a part” of this encoding.

Psalm 12:6-7 The words of the LORD are pure words: as silver tried in a furnace of earth, purified seven times.
    Thou shalt keep them, O LORD, thou shalt preserve them (in the AKJV Bible) from this generation for ever.
    Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue(that is English) will he speak to this people.

B'shem
    YHVH

Isaiah 28:11 For with stammering lips and another tongue will he speak to this people.

This could easily be Muhammad (Numbers do not qualify as a different tongue)

Ed J
    Participant

Ha ha ha ha,

You'll do anything to prop up the 'book of fraud', won't you?

What does    'Numbers do not qualify as a different tongue'   mean?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,04:05)
    Ha ha ha ha,

What people speak using only numbers?

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 07 2012,07:56)

Ha ha ha ha,

Hi BD, you mean like this…    

“3.68421052631578947”  ?

Witness
    YHVH

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Jan. 07 2012,09:04)

Quote (bodhitharta @ Jan. 07 2012,07:56)

Ha ha ha ha,

Hi BD, you mean like this…    

“3.68421052631578947”  ?

Witness
    YHVH

Exactly like that

princess
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Jan. 04 2012,21:28)
    Bod

WE ARE ALL FACING OUR OWN HEART,AND SO ARE DECEIVE BY OUR OWN TAUTGHS IN OUR HEARTS

Pierre

T,

How can one be deceive by what is on your heart, for what comes from that is indeed the truth, either it be good or bad.

princess
    Participant

Quote (seekingtruth @ Dec. 19 2011,23:18)

Quote (WhatIsTrue @ Dec. 19 2011,02:59)

Quote (t8 @ Dec. 18 2011,14:52)

There is a foundation to the faith which is spelled out in scripture in a number of places. This foundation is absolute. Everything else is a variable.

Name one absolute truth from Christianity that is unique to Christianity.  (In other words, belief in God doesn't qualify because there lots of religions that believe in God.)

Just one!

John 3:16
    King James Version (KJV)
    16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The passage ST brings forth cannot be really believed can it, due to it is a solid teaching in christianity that one is not to be of this world.

The verse should read, that God loved humanity or even his creation, but the verse doesn't read that way.

So the verse becomes a circular statement, for god so loved the world that he sent his only begotten son to teach not to become of this world that god loved so much that he sent his son to teach not to be of this world that god loved so much………….and on and on.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    So how would you define a christian?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi J42,
    This is in response to your statement in another thread

“There are christians alive today that are sealed.
    These are the 144,000.
    They have been sealed because they already washed their robes white.
    These are the ones that invested their penny.
    They invested in the Word of God, meaning they ate the flesh of Christ.
    They were hungry for truth, so they fed on that Word which comes from heaven, the holy scriptures, and they stood by it, and because of that Word they became holy, and gained spiritual wisdom (truth) in abundance.
    They did not deny Christ's name,
    They did not deny God's Word,
    They are special in God's eyes. They laboured for the truth of God.
    Well these 144,000 sealed ones will be present during the 7 angels with the trumpets. They will not be affected by any plagues that are coming to the earth. So they are still alive during all this.

The other group are the christians who believe on Christ's name, but they didn't go all the distance.
    They did not solely eat of Christ's flesh (his teachings),..”

Viewing 19 posts - 41 through 59 (of 59 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account