Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ July 31 2007,08:16)
    To all I was hoping somebody else would give me an answer here, I know what you belief Ken.

You mean someone to tell you what you want to hear :) .

What's wrong with my answer? I'll tell you what's wrong it show's your error.

The scriptures you gave are taken out of context. Because you don't understand what Peter was talking about concerning Paul's writings.

IM4Truth
    Participant

That is one mans opinion

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Aug. 06 2007,07:13)
    That is one mans opinion

You mean Peter didn't know what he was talking about when speaking of Paul?

Then tell me Why did Peter say Paul's writings are hard to understand?

When speaking of the law does not Paul seem to contradict himself?

2Pe 3:16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.
    2Pe 3:17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.

Lawless people! Is he speaking of the law Jesus fulfilled?

There is a separtion of the law of God and the law of Moses.

Jesus fulfilled the law of Moses. Which of the Ten commandments did Jesus fulfill and do away with?

Those people who assume Paul is speaking of God's law being nailed to the cross, Steve! :D

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken I was not talking about Peter or Paul. I was talking about you.
    BTW
    Deut. 10:5 ” And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the TABLES IN THE ARK which I had made; and there they be, as the LORD commanded me.”
    Deut. 31:26 ” Take this book (tables) of the law, AND PUT IT IN THE SIDE OF THE ARK of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against they.
    Hebrews 9:4 ” Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlay ed round about with gold, WEREIN WAS the golden pot that had manna, and Aarons rod that budded, AND THE TABLES OF THE COVENANT.
    Again I want you to notice that the tables were placed inside the ark not on the outside , like you claim they were. The tables had written on them the commandment and the law that God gave to Moses. The law is referred to as the law of Moses, because he was the one that delivered it to the Israelites.
    Moses did not make or give any law of his own.
    Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Aug. 06 2007,10:05)
    Ken I was not talking about Peter or Paul. I was talking about you.
    BTW
    Deut. 10:5 ” And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the TABLES IN THE ARK which I had made; and there they be, as the LORD commanded me.”
    Deut. 31:26 ” Take this book (tables) of the law, AND PUT IT IN THE SIDE OF THE ARK of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against they.
    Hebrews 9:4 ” Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlay ed round about with gold, WEREIN WAS the golden pot that had manna, and Aarons rod that budded, AND THE TABLES OF THE COVENANT.
    Again I want you to notice that the tables were placed inside the ark not on the outside , like you claim they were. The tables had written on them the commandment and the law that God gave to Moses. The law is referred to as the law of Moses, because he was the one that delivered it to the Israelites.
    Moses did not make or give any law of his own.
    Mrs.

MRS,

Do you even bother reading anything I have given you?

I gave all the scriptures one would need if one had an open mind. You want to believe I'm wrong SO bad that you don't even take the time to TEST what the SPIRIT says.

Deu 31:9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bore the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.

WHO WROTE THIS LAW, MRS?

Deu 31:26 Take this book of the law, and put it in the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against thee.

BOOK MRS, BOOK! AND WHERE DID MOSES' SAY TO PUT THE “BOOK”? IN THE SIDE OF THE ARK

Deu 10:1 At that time the LORD said unto me, Hew thee two tables of stone like unto the first, and come up unto me into the mount, and make thee an ark of wood.
    Deu 10:2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou didst break, and thou shalt put them in the ark.
    Deu 10:3 And I made an ark of shittim wood, and hewed two tables of stone like unto the first, and went up into the mount, having the two tables in mine hand.
    Deu 10:4 And he wrote on the tables, according to the first writing, the ten commandments, which the LORD spoke unto you in the mount out of the midst of the fire in the day of the assembly: and the LORD gave them unto me.
    Deu 10:5 And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they be, as the LORD commanded me.

MOSES CAME DOWN FROM THE MOUNT AND PUT THE “TABLES 'IN' THE ARK”WHICH HE MADE “AS THE LORD COMMANDED HIM”.

Now why did Peter say Paul's writings were hard to understand?

Mrs I don't mean to be harsh but GEES! Would you please at least TEST what I have given you?

God's law was NOT nailed to the cross, Col 2:14. What WAS nailed to the cross was Ordnances; moons, feasts days and their “annual” Sabbaths, food, drink…..Ordnances that went with the sacrificial law of MOSES, Col. 2:16.

Which of God's law was done away with? ALL? ONE? Only the one's you want? What is SO hard about keeping your Father's Day?

IHN& L O V E!!!!!!!

Ken :)

kejonn
    Participant

To all,

I don't know exactly what folks are looking for, but the basics of the new covenant is that our justification is by faith through grace. Does that abolish the Law? No, it fulfills the Law. But recognize that circumision is a specific covenant made with Abraham and his descendants.

Think of it on a human level – if your child follows your rules because he is trying to avoid punishment or merely to gain an advantage in your eyes, then he seeks his “justification” by hollow practice. However, if your child keeps your rules because they show how much he loves you, which is better for your relationship? The first case is selfishness, the second is selfless. Yeshua came and showed us selflessness and humility in all he did, and he did it for the glory of his Father. So he truly fulfilled the Law by demonstrating what the Law was really about — not merely doing but selflessly desiring to do so that God would get the glory.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 07 2007,06:31)
    To all,

I don't know exactly what folks are looking for, but the basics of the new covenant is that our justification is by faith through grace. Does that abolish the Law? No, it fulfills the Law. But recognize that circumision is a specific covenant made with Abraham and his descendants.

Think of it on a human level – if your child follows your rules because he is trying to avoid punishment or merely to gain an advantage in your eyes, then he seeks his “justification” by hollow practice. However, if your child keeps your rules because they show how much he loves you, which is better for your relationship? The first case is selfishness, the second is selfless. Yeshua came and showed us selflessness and humility in all he did, and he did it for the glory of his Father. So he truly fulfilled the Law by demonstrating what the Law was really about — not merely doing but selflessly desiring to do so that God would get the glory.

That is correct! But their are churches that teach that God's law was nailed to the cross and that (somehow) they are not in effect!

Their are TEN Commandments, not nine! You can't keep just the commandments you want. If I do not murder but steal Have I sinned? Therefore their remains a Sabbath for the people of God.

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Hi Ken
    I think I'm beginning to understand what you are referring to the law of Moses, the first five books of the bible, correct? My mistake, I thought you were talking about the two tables.
    Even so, these five books are only explaining in greater detail what was written on the two tables; what God gave to Moses. Moses did not write any laws of his own; just as Jesus did not speak any words except what the Father taught him to say.
    But it does say “IN THE SIDE OF THE ARK”, not ON THE OUTSIDE. If I tell you to place an apple IN THE SIDE OF A REFRIGERATOR, would you put it on the out side of it?
    I know it's hot OUTSIDE, but try to stay cool.
    Ken, read the book of Leviticus, it is all about the Law, I think you are talking about; but then in the last verse, read what it says;
    Lev. 27:34 “These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses FOR THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL in mount Sinai.
    Gentiles, which are all none Israelites, never received that law or commandments, never were under it.
    We are not led by the law anymore, explains Paul to the Galatians, but by the Holy Spirit;
    Gal. 5:18 “But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.”
    Paul was explaining this to the Jewish believers who insisted that the Gentile believers had to be circumcised,
    Gal. 5:3 “For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.”
    Gal. 3:10 “For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, cursed is every one that continueth not in ALL THINGS which are written in the BOOK OF THE LAW TO DO THEM.”
    v. 11 “But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, the just shall live by faith.”
    v. 12 “And the law is not of faith: but, the man that doeth them shall live in them.”
    v. 13 “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.”
    v. 14 “That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
    I am a Gentile, and the only way I can receive the promise of the Holy Spirit is by my faith in Jesus Christ; not by law, any law. Whether it be circumcision or the Sabbath, if I were to believe I have to keep or do either, I have to do and keep ALL THE LAW.
    Gal. 5:6 “For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.”
    Rom. 14:5 “One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.”
    Rom. 13:10 “Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.”
    Rom. 14:13 “Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brothers way.”

To kejonn, very nicely put.
    Prace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Aug. 07 2007,11:21)
    Hi Ken
    I think I'm beginning to understand what you are referring to the law of Moses, the first five books of the bible, correct? My mistake, I thought you were talking about the two tables.
    Even so, these five books are only explaining in greater detail what was written on the two tables; what God gave to Moses. Moses did not write any laws of his own; just as Jesus did not speak any words except what the Father taught him to say.
    But it does say “IN THE SIDE OF THE ARK”, not ON THE OUTSIDE. If I tell you to place an apple IN THE SIDE OF A REFRIGERATOR, would you put it on the out side of it?
    Ken, read the book of Leviticus, it is all about the Law, I think you are talking about; but then in the last verse, read what it says;
    Lev. 27:34   “These are the commandments, which the LORD commanded Moses FOR THE CHILDREN OF ISRAEL in mount Sinai.
    Gentiles, which are all none Israelites, never received that law or commandments, never were under it.
    We are not led by the law anymore, explains Paul to the Galatians, but by the Holy Spirit;
    Gal. 5:18   “But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.”
    Paul was explaining this to the Jewish believers who insisted that the Gentile believers had to be circumcised,
    Gal. 5:3  “For I testify again to every man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to do the whole law.”
    Gal. 3:10   “For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, cursed is every one that continueth not in ALL THINGS which are written in the BOOK OF THE LAW TO DO THEM.”
    v. 11   “But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, the just shall live by faith.”
    v. 12   “And the law is not of faith: but, the man that doeth them shall live in them.”
    v. 13   “Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree.”
    v. 14   “That the blessing of Abraham might come on the Gentiles through Jesus Christ; that we might receive the promise of the Spirit through faith.”
    I am a Gentile, and the only way I can receive the promise of the Holy Spirit is by my faith in Jesus Christ; not by law, any law. Whether it be circumcision or the Sabbath, if I were to believe I have to keep or do either, I have to do and keep ALL THE LAW.
    Gal. 5:6   “For in Jesus Christ neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision; but faith which worketh by love.”
    Rom. 14:5   “One man esteemeth one day above another: another esteemeth every day alike. Let every man be fully persuaded in his own mind.”
    Rom. 13:10   “Love worketh no ill to his neighbor: therefore LOVE IS THE FULFILLING OF THE LAW.”
    Rom. 14:13   “Let us not therefore judge one another any more: but judge this rather, that no man put a stumblingblock or an occasion to fall in his brothers way.”

To kejonn, very nicely put.  
    Prace and Love      Mrs.

The sacrifical law further explains the Ten Commandments?

1Ki 8:9 There was nothing in the ark except the two tablets of stone that Moses put there at Horeb, where the LORD made a covenant with the people of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.

Nothing was INSIDE the ark but the tablets that God wrote on.

Yes the law of Moses was law that God gave Moses to write.

It was added because of trangression.

Gal 3:19 Why then the law? It was added because of transgressions, until the offspring should come to whom the promise had been made, and it was put in place through angels by an intermediary.

Did you get that Mrs? The law (Moses' law) was added UNTIL Jesus came and fulfilled that law, Luke 24:44.

It was a schoolmaster.

Gal 3:24 Wherefore the law was our schoolmaster to bring us unto Christ, that we might be justified by faith.

Gal 3:25 But after that faith is come, we are no longer under a schoolmaster.

Again, Mrs Which of the Ten Commandments points to the coming of the Messiah?

There is a separation of the law this is why Paul's writings were/are hard to understand. Because when Paul states that Jesus fulfilled and did away with the law He DOESN'T make clear WHICH law he is speaking about!

IF Paul were teaching that the Ten Commandment LAW OF GOD were nailed to the cross then WHY does he say he SERVES the law of GOD?

Rom 7:22 For I delight in the law of God after the inward man:
    Rom 7:23 But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind, and bringing me into captivity to the law of sin which is in my members.
    Rom 7:24 O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?
    Rom 7:25 I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.

If this IS not the reason why Peter said Paul's writings are hard to understand THEN What was Peter talking about?

Again:
    2Pe 3:16 as he does in all his letters when he speaks in them of these matters. There are some things in them that are hard to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist to their own destruction, as they do the other Scriptures.

2Pe 3:17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of lawless people and lose your own stability.

2Pe 3:18 But grow in the grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be the glory both now and to the day of eternity. Amen.

The GRACE of our LORD is for the forgiveness of SIN.

Sin is trangression of the Law, Which law? The law that was nailed to the cross? The law that Jesus fulfilled? MOSES' LAW?

NO! that law was added because they trangressed the Law of God. The law HE wrote and was placed INSIDE the ark.
    That law was a witness against us, a curse for breaking the law of God. We are under grace, we have forgiveness when we sin. That's what grace is! Grace is not a licence to break God's law that is SIN 1John 3:4.

God bless and open your eyes of understanding.

IHN&L,

Ken

IM4Truth
    Participant

Ken I am not a lawless person. I do what Jesus said His Father wants us to do . Guess what my Husband wrote this article for me. So I guess He is lawless too. You better start looking at the things you have accused me of and repent of them, before you try to teach me anything, I am only replying for others, so they see, that I am not afraid of you.
    You seem to use the same scripture over and over again. Jesus wants us to do much more then keep the letter of the law, otherwise we would not be any better then the Pharisees. The Sermon on the mount is what is important to me. We are the temple of God and Gods Holy Spirit lives in me, regardless of what you said of the W.W.C.of God. And because Jesus fulfilled all, I am under His Blood and Sin is not imputed to me. “I walk with God from this Day on” and I have and that makes every Day Holy to me. Even tho I have not always been able to do that, but remember what Paul says in
    Romans 7:14 “For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am carnal sold under sin.
    verse 15 ” For what I am doing, I do not understand, For what I will to do, that i do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
    verse 16 ” If, then I do what I will not do, I agree with the law that it is good.
    verse 17 But now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
    verse 22 ” FOR I DELIGHT IN THE LAW OF GOD ACCORDING TO THE INWARD MAN.
    I KEEP GODS LAW SPIRITUAL INCLUDING THE SABATH. If you keep it physically, you do not keep it spiritually, you cant have it both ways. I try to to do what Jesus teaches me on the sermon on the mount. And that is not easy. The road is steep.
    LOVE GOD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART AND THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.

T H E S E A R E T H E G R E A T E S T C O M M A N D M E N T S O F A L L

and remember Jesus only spoke what the Father wanted Him Too.

Peace and Love Mrs.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Aug. 07 2007,13:27)
    Ken I am not a lawless person. I do what Jesus said His Father wants us to do .  Guess what my Husband wrote this article for me. So I guess He is lawless too.  You better start looking at the things you have accused me of and repent of them, before you try to teach me anything, I am only replying for others, so they see, that I am not afraid of you.
    You seem to use the same scripture over and over again. Jesus wants us to do much more then keep the letter of the law, otherwise we would not be any better then the Pharisees.  The Sermon on the mount is what is important to me. We are the temple of God and Gods Holy Spirit lives in me, regardless of what you said of the W.W.C.of God. And because Jesus fulfilled all, I am under His Blood and Sin is not imputed to me. “I walk with God from this Day on” and I have and that makes every Day Holy to me.  Even tho I have not always been able to do that, but remember what Paul says in
    Romans 7:14 “For we know that the Law is spiritual, but I am carnal sold under sin.
    verse 15 ” For what I am doing, I do not understand, For what I will to do, that i do not practice; but what I hate, that I do.
    verse 16 ” If, then I do what I will not do, I agree with the law that it is good.
    verse 17 But now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.
    I KEEP GODS LAW SPIRITUAL INCLUDING THE SABATH. If you keep it physically, you do not keep it spiritually, you cant have it both ways. I try to to do what Jesus teaches me on the sermon on the mount. And that is not easy. The road is steep.
    LOVE GOD WITH ALL OF YOUR HEART AND THY NEIGHBOR AS THYSELF.

T H E S E  A R E   T H E   G R E A T E S T   C O M M A N D M E N T S   O F  A L L

and remember Jesus only spoke what the Father wanted Him Too.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Have it your way then Mrs.

I KEEP GODS LAW SPIRITUAL INCLUDING THE SABATH. If you keep it physically, you do not keep it spiritually, you cant have it both ways.

I don't know what to say. I'm lost for words I have none left.
    Mrs don't you ever bring your flesh into submission to your spirit? I hope you do for If you didn't then your flesh would rule your spirit.

You wash clothes, the car, clean the house, cook big meals, mow the lawn, as it were any day? The Sabbath is not special to you? It is to God, He separated it from the other six, rested on it, made it holy just so you could treat it as any other day of the week?

I try to be nice and you spit in my face but that's alright. You see you have not proven anything I gave scripture and verse while you misquoted and even tried to say God wrote the law he gave to moses on the other side of the tables. I went to scripture and showed you where Moses wrote the law.

Exo 24:4 And Moses wrote all the words of the LORD, and rose up early in the morning, and builded an altar under the hill, and twelve pillars, according to the twelve tribes of Israel.

You misquoted Deu 31:26 saying that Moses put the law in the ark with the ten commandments. Once again i went to scripture and showed you that all what was in the ark was the ten commandments.

1Ki 8:9 There was nothing in the ark save the two tables of stone, which Moses put there at Horeb, when the LORD made a covenant with the children of Israel, when they came out of the land of Egypt.

Once again I gave you scripture that said moses wrote the law and instructed it to be In The Side of the ark.

Deu 10:2 And I will write on the tables the words that were in the first tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the ark.
    Deu 10:5 And I turned myself and came down from the mount, and put the tables in the ark which I had made; and there they be, as the LORD commanded me.
    Deu 31:9 And Moses wrote this law, and delivered it unto the priests the sons of Levi, which bare the ark of the covenant of the LORD, and unto all the elders of Israel.
    Deu 31:26 “Take this Book of the Law and put it by the side of the ark of the covenant of the LORD your God, that it may be there for a witness against you.

I gave you scripture that Paul himself said he served the law of God.

Rom 7:25 Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord! So then, I myself serve the law of God with my mind, but with my flesh I serve the law of sin.

I asked you why did Peter say Paul's writing were/are hard to understand? NO ANSWER! I gave you the SCRIPTURAL answer but you refused it!

In short Mrs you refuse scripture! And you gave NO scripture to support your theory. So you have it your way, I SHAKE THE DUST OFF MY FEET!

I do have a question why would you be scared of me? May be it's the light that you can't stand because the scriptures prove you wrong and you just can't take that, can you?

Pride is a terrible thing Mrs.

Pro 16:18 Pride goeth before destruction, and an haughty spirit before a fall.

IHN&L,

Ken

Participant

To all,

I agree with KJ on this and I disagree with Ken that the Sabbath day has to be exclusively on Saturday.  While it is true that God began his work week on Sunday and rested on the seventh day which was Saturday.  He did not sanctify Saturday but he sactified the seventh day.

All of God's laws are good and are for our benefit.  Sin (by definition is the transgression of the Law) is detrimental to us and to those we sin against.  It is important that we rest our body and our mental an emotional faculties.  It is also important that we refresh our spirit by going and worshiping God with fellow believers.  It is important that we have fellowship with fellow believers so that we can encourage one another in the Lord, and we can pray for one another.  The Lord communicates with us through his Word, and He may also communicate with us through the various spiritual gifts.  He may speak to us through a prophet or if we need a healing, He may heal us through someone who operates in this spiritual gift.  God is a good God and has instiuted the Sabbath day as a day of rest and not a day of drudgery.  I am not in bondage in resting on the seventh day.

The forth commandment states that we should work six days and rest on the seventh day.  It is the principle that is important here not that we keep a specific day.

In the society that I live, the work week begins on Monday and so, therefore the seventh day falls on Sunday, and so I try to rest on the seventh day from all unecessary work if at all possible.  Lately, because of my work schedule, I have had to work on Sunday, and so I have not been able to keep this principle nor go to church, but I am praying that God will deliver me from this schedule.

Mrs. IM4Truth:

You say:

How do you keep the Sabbath Law spiritually and not physically?

Again, all of God's Laws are there to benefit us, and not to but us in bondage.

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ Aug. 08 2007,15:05)

To all,

I agree with KJ on this and I disagree with Ken that the Sabbath day has to be exclusively on Saturday.  While it is true that God began his work week on Sunday and rested on the seventh day which was Saturday.  He did not sanctify Saturday but he sactified the seventh day.

All of God's laws are good and are for our benefit.  Sin (by definition is the transgression of the Law) is detrimental to us and to those we sin against.  It is important that we rest our body and our mental an emotional faculties.  It is also important that we refresh our spirit by going and worshiping God with fellow believers.  It is important that we have fellowship with fellow believers so that we can encourage one another in the Lord, and we can pray for one another.  The Lord communicates with us through his Word, and He may also communicate with us through the various spiritual gifts.  He may speak to us through a prophet or if we need a healing, He may heal us through someone who operates in this spiritual gift.  God is a good God and has instiuted the Sabbath day as a day of rest and not a day of drudgery.  I am not in bondage in resting on the seventh day.

The forth commandment states that we should work six days and rest on the seventh day.  It is the principle that is important here not that we keep a specific day.

In the society that I live, the work week begins on Monday and so, therefore the seventh day falls on Sunday, and so I try to rest on the seventh day from all unecessary work if at all possible.  Lately, because of my work schedule, I have had to work on Sunday, and so I have not been able to keep this principle nor go to church, but I am praying that God will deliver me from this schedule.

Mrs. IM4Truth:

You say:

How do you keep the Sabbath Law spiritually and not physically?

Again, all of God's Laws are there to benefit us, and not to but us in bondage.

God Bless

Of course you don't YOUR week starts on Monday. But God's week starts on the first day Sunday which is the day you keep instead of the Seventh Day Sabbath Of God.

I didn't know we could separate the day we choose and then make it holy? I thought only God could do that!

But I kept YOUR Sabbath on Sunday the first day, Ha!

Please give me scripture that says we can break the forth commandment. :)

kenrch
    Participant

Remember there is no name for any day in the bible except the Seventh Day Sabbath. :)

IM4Truth
    Participant

942767 What I meant was, that I have Gods Commandment written in my Heart, and keep the Ten Commandment according to the innward man. Since Sin is not imputed to us. Jesus did die for all of our sins past, present and future. Does that give us a right to sin, certainly not. I must strife to become more Christ like. Let the mind that was in Christ Jesus be in you. I am the temple of God and therefore keep thyself holy. How is that done, by Jesus Blood. He did it all for us.
    Philippians 3:9 ” and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith.
    Romans 14:5 ” One person esteems one Day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
    Galatians talks about of the two Sons of Abraham in Galatians 4:23-31. Is He only talking about circumcision? Or is He also talking about grace? And what does he say ,if you want to keep the law, then you have to keep the whole law. So what law is he talking about here? What is the whole Law? The one that is in the ark? You have to be convinced in your own mind. What is the Covenant that He made with Moses on Mount Sinai Deut. 4:13 Exodus 34:27&28 You have to answer does question yourself, to be convinced in your own mind.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

kejonn
    Participant

To all,

Some seem to be hung in a loop over the Sabbath. Can anyone provide scriptural evidence that the Sabbath is on Saturday? Or that the 1st day of the week (Sunday) was the 1st day that God started creation? I ask this because the Bible only speaks of 6 days of “work” and 1 day of “rest”. No mention that I know of that the 6 days start on Sunday.

Not trying to contentious, just trying to figure out this one commandment that seems to everyone to pinpoint a day in the calendar week while the other commandments are not that specific.

Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Aug. 08 2007,20:25)
    942767  What I meant was, that I have Gods Commandment written in my Heart, and keep the Ten Commandment according to the innward man.  Since Sin is not imputed to us. Jesus did die for all of our sins past, present and future. Does that give us a right to sin, certainly not. I must strife to become more Christ like.  Let the mind that was in Christ Jesus be in you. I am the temple of God and therefore keep thyself holy. How is that done, by Jesus Blood.  He did it all for us.
    Philippians 3:9 ” and be found in Him, not having my own righteousness, which is from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ, the righteousness which is from God by faith.
    Romans 14:5 ” One person esteems one Day above another; another esteems every day alike. Let each be fully convinced in his own mind.
    Galatians talks about of the two Sons of Abraham in Galatians 4:23-31. Is He only talking about circumcision?  Or is He also talking about grace?  And what does he say ,if you want to keep the law, then you have to keep the whole law. So what law is he talking about here? What is the whole Law? The one that is in the ark? You have to be convinced in your own mind. What is the Covenant that He made with Moses on Mount Sinai Deut. 4:13  Exodus 34:27&28 You have to answer does question yourself, to be convinced in your own mind.
    Peace and Love Mrs.

Hi Mrs. IAM4Truth:

I still do not understand how you can keep the Sabbath Day Commandment spiritually and not keep it physically.

The way that we get the commandments written in our heart is to study God's Word and then apply what we have learned to our daily lives.

Both those who were under the Law of Moses and us as born again believers are saved by Faith so that it may be by grace.  They, those under the Law of Moses, made mistakes just as we make them.  They did not keep the Law to perfection and neither do we, but we do strive to obey.  On the day of atonement under the Law the High Priest went into the Holy of Holies into the presence of God with blood for his own sins and for the sins of the nation of Israel once every year.  The same sins were remembered each year as well as any new ones that were committed during the year.  The blood of animals did not wash away their sins.  It atoned for them until the perfect sacrifice that would wash away their sins as well as ours would be given.  Thank God for Jesus.  But as born again believers we do strive to obey the Word of God, and when we make a mistake, we acknowledge the mistake with a repentant heart asking God for forgiveness, and if we sin against someone, we try to make it right with that individual.  The blood of our Lord washes away our sins when we repent and keeps us in right standing with God.

Jesus did not come to change God's eternal law, the Ten Commandments, but to fulfill.  As born again believers, if we strive to live our lives according to the example that he has given us, we also will overcome sin and have eternal life with him.

All of God's laws including the Sabbath day law are meant for our benefit.  They are not meant to put us into bondage.  We are not under the Law but under grace, meaning that when I transgress one of God's laws, the sin is washed away by the blood of Jesus when I confess the sin with a repentant heart.  Isn't it wonderful to know that if we as Christians make a mistake we are not condemned.  Therein is the freedom that our Lord has given us through his precious blood.  Thank you Lord!!!

God Bless

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Aug. 08 2007,21:52)
    To all,

Some seem to be hung in a loop over the Sabbath. Can anyone provide scriptural evidence that the Sabbath is on Saturday? Or that the 1st day of the week (Sunday) was the 1st day that God started creation? I ask this because the Bible only speaks of 6 days of “work” and 1 day of “rest”. No mention that I know of that the 6 days start on Sunday.

Not trying to contentious, just trying to figure out this one commandment that seems to everyone to pinpoint a day in the calendar week while the other commandments are not that specific.

Exo 16:5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.

Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

The Hebrews simply counted from that time on. The week doesn't change. Months change years change Annual Sabbaths change BUT NOT the weekly Sabbath it NEVER changes it is ALWAYS on the seventh day of the week.

There are no other names for a day but ONE the Sabbath the rest are numbers 1-6, Sabbath: 1-6 Sabbath ETC.

God created the Sabbath for rest and fellowship with Him and our brothers and sisters.

Satan has deceived everyone through the Harlot who changed God's seventh day Sabbath to Sunday the first day, Dan 7:25.
    Satan hates the Sabbath day because when you keep it you are telling the world that Jehovah is Creator and your God.

What's wrong in doing what God wants us to do?

Jesus did not fulfill the Ten Commandments. Jesus fulfilled the law concerning Himself.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Which of the Ten Commandments point to the sacrifice of Jesus?

This is why Paul's writings are hard to understand. When Paul speaks of the law being nailed to the cross he's speaking of the sacrifical law that Jesus fulfilled. But Paul doesn't clearly say that so some twist the scripture to their own destruction.

2Pe 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
    2Pe 3:17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of “lawless people” and lose your own stability.

If this is not the reason why did Peter said Paul's writings are hard to understand, someone tell me: WHAT IS THE REASON?

Anyone?

Exo 16:5 And it shall come to pass, that on the sixth day they shall prepare that which they bring in; and it shall be twice as much as they gather daily.

Exo 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which the LORD hath said, To morrow is the rest of the holy sabbath unto the LORD: bake that which ye will bake to day, and seethe that ye will seethe; and that which remaineth over lay up for you to be kept until the morning.

The Hebrews simply counted from that time on. The week doesn't change. Months change years change Annual Sabbaths change BUT NOT the weekly Sabbath it NEVER changes it is ALWAYS on the seventh day of the week.

There are no other names for a day but ONE the Sabbath the rest are numbers 1-6, Sabbath: 1-6 Sabbath ETC.

God created the Sabbath for rest and fellowship with Him and our brothers and sisters.

Satan has deceived everyone through the Harlot who changed God's seventh day Sabbath to Sunday the first day, Dan 7:25.
    Satan hates the Sabbath day because when you keep it you are telling the world that Jehovah is Creator and your God.

What's wrong in doing what God wants us to do?

Jesus did not fulfill the Ten Commandments. Jesus fulfilled the law concerning Himself.

Luk 24:44 And he said unto them, These are the words which I spake unto you, while I was yet with you, that all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the law of Moses, and in the prophets, and in the psalms, concerning me.

Which of the Ten Commandments point to the sacrifice of Jesus?

This is why Paul's writings are hard to understand. When Paul speaks of the law being nailed to the cross he's speaking of the sacrifical law that Jesus fulfilled. But Paul doesn't clearly say that so some twist the scripture to their own destruction.

2Pe 3:15 And count the patience of our Lord as salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the wisdom given him,
    2Pe 3:17 You therefore, beloved, knowing this beforehand, take care that you are not carried away with the error of “lawless people” and lose your own stability.

If this is not the reason why Peter said Paul's writings are hard to understand then someone tell me: WHAT IS THE REASON?

Anyone?

michaels
    Participant

me agree with the truth and this is the truth god rested on the seventh day,are we better than god,or is it that we just dont care for his ways or him, because we dont know him, dont wait till the last day when he says I never knew you!!!!! for as it is writen even in heaven,after life has ended as you know it. eveyone keeps the sabath,for god never changes,so you cant change the seventh day to the first.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (michaels @ Aug. 09 2007,12:35)
    me agree with the truth and this is the truth god rested on the seventh day,are we better than god,or is it that we just dont care for his ways or him, because we dont know him, dont wait till the last day when he says I never knew you!!!!! for as it is writen even in heaven,after life has ended as you know it. eveyone keeps the sabath,for god never changes,so you cant change the seventh day to the first.

Good point mike! God never changes and the Ten Commandments is His character. :)

Viewing 20 posts - 41 through 60 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account