Covenants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 555 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Cindy @ Mar. 22 2009,12:26)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 22 2009,06:16)
    Hi Georg,
    You say
    “Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.”

Does scripture say what was on the back of the tablets?
    If not then how can you?

Nick First it is not Georg that wrote this Article.  Then yes
    Exodus 32;15 on both sides of the tablets. Two Tablets.
    Irene

Hi Irene,
    What does scripture say is written on the back of the stone tablets?

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Don’t you realize that there are 2 tablets of the Law that God gave to Moses at Mt. Sinai. Lets see maybe I want to ask you which are the Sacrificial?

By two tablets you are speaking about four pages of a book with a fairly big fond size since carving in stone is probably not all that easy.  Considering Moses had to carry the stones they were also probably not all that big so I would not be surprised if all that was written on them was the Ten Commandments especially since Exodus 34:27-28 seems to say that.  The question is did Mosses remember the other commandment God spoke to him or did he write them down on other media.  I can speculate since scripture does not tell us that I know of.  This is a historical argument and I cannot see, as it is really all that important except for intellectual stimulation. I will say that I am not even sure the Sacrificial commandments were given on Mt. Sinai since some commandments were given to Mosses by God at a later date.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Are we still obeying them? Do you even know which they are? We are not under the Old Covenant any more. We are under the New Covenant.

I do not believe you understand what I am saying since your words display a lack of understanding.   Jesus was not lying when he stated that not one stroke of the pen would be removed from the Law until the old heaven and the old earth pass away and we should not interpret his servants words to make it look like he was lying.    The Law is for the Hebrew people and that is why I introduced the Laws of Noah, which are for both the Jews and the Gentiles.  Now even about the Laws of Noah I was careful to point out that they are binding only to those who break them since laws are not made to restrain the obedient.  In fact I said I used “binding” only to indicate that both the Jews and the Gentiles will be held accountable to God for what they do whether it is the deeds of darkness or of light.  

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

this cup is the New covenant in My Blood, We do not need to use those that Moses and the Israel kept. There are two tablets. Christ is our perfect Scarifies, so we do not need any Sacrificial laws. They are nailed to the cross.

The Laws of Noah do not include sacrificial laws in the first place and they are the only laws that apply to Gentiles.  As for the Jews the Sacrifice of Jesus does replace the requirement for Sacrifice in their law, as His Sacrifice is a better Sacrifice than those required by the Law.  That doe not mean the sacrificial laws were removed from the Law but rather that they are fulfilled in the Messiah Jesus.  His sacrifice of course serves for the Gentiles as well even though there was no requirement for Sacrifice under the Laws of Noah.  Be careful not to be misled by symbolic language, as Satan is tricky.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace we are saved through Faith and that not of yourselves it is a free gift from God.
    verse 9 not of works lest anybody should boast.

As I pointed out that is true of the people of God whether they were existed in the ages prior to the ascension of Lord Jesus or after his ascension.  I see nothing you have said changes my idea on that.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2009,10:39)

Hi Georg,
    You say
    “Notice that the tablets were written on both sides. They not only contained the Ten Commandments but the law as well.”

If not then how can you?

Irene

Hi Irene,

Nick You can look that up in Leviticus.
    Peace and Love Irene

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ Mar. 23 2009,14:15)
    Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Don’t you realize that there are 2 tablets of the Law that God gave to Moses at Mt. Sinai. Lets see maybe I want to ask you which are the Sacrificial?

By two tablets you are speaking about four pages of a book with a fairly big fond size since carving in stone is probably not all that easy.  Considering Moses had to carry the stones they were also probably not all that big so I would not be surprised if all that was written on them was the Ten Commandments especially since Exodus 34:27-28 seems to say that.  The question is did Mosses remember the other commandment God spoke to him or did he write them down on other media.  I can speculate since scripture does not tell us that I know of.  This is a historical argument and I cannot see, as it is really all that important except for intellectual stimulation. I will say that I am not even sure the Sacrificial commandments were given on Mt. Sinai since some commandments were given to Mosses by God at a later date.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Are we still obeying them? Do you even know which they are? We are not under the Old Covenant any more. We are under the New Covenant.

I do not believe you understand what I am saying since your words display a lack of understanding.   Jesus was not lying when he stated that not one stroke of the pen would be removed from the Law until the old heaven and the old earth pass away and we should not interpret his servants words to make it look like he was lying.    The Law is for the Hebrew people and that is why I introduced the Laws of Noah, which are for both the Jews and the Gentiles.  Now even about the Laws of Noah I was careful to point out that they are binding only to those who break them since laws are not made to restrain the obedient.  In fact I said I used “binding” only to indicate that both the Jews and the Gentiles will be held accountable to God for what they do whether it is the deeds of darkness or of light.  

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

this cup is the New covenant in My Blood, We do not need to use those that Moses and the Israel kept. There are two tablets. Christ is our perfect Scarifies, so we do not need any Sacrificial laws. They are nailed to the cross.

The Laws of Noah do not include sacrificial laws in the first place and they are the only laws that apply to Gentiles.  As for the Jews the Sacrifice of Jesus does replace the requirement for Sacrifice in their law, as His Sacrifice is a better Sacrifice than those required by the Law.  That doe not mean the sacrificial laws were removed from the Law but rather that they are fulfilled in the Messiah Jesus.  His sacrifice of course serves for the Gentiles as well even though there was no requirement for Sacrifice under the Laws of Noah.  Be careful not to be misled by symbolic language, as Satan is tricky.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Ephesians 2:8 For by grace we are saved through Faith and that not of yourselves it is a free gift from God.
    verse 9 not of works lest anybody should boast.

As I pointed out that is true of the people of God whether they were existed in the ages prior to the ascension of Lord Jesus or after his ascension.  I see nothing you have said changes my idea on that.

What makes you think rhar we are under Noah's Law? I believe that we are under the New Covenant laws, which Christ Magnified. Sorry I believe that you are very wrong in your statements.
    Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

What makes you think that we are under Noah's Law?

Because God does not go back on a contract.  He stuck with the contract even when He made a new contract with the Jewish people and He continues to stick to His contract with Noah and Noah’s decedents even as he “signed” a new contract with the people of His Son.  The difference is that those that adhere to the contract of the Messiah Jesus can keep their obligations to God under either God’s contract with Noah or God contract with the Hebrew people while previously they were powerless to do so as they were slaves to sin.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

I believe that we are under the New Covenant laws, which Christ Magnified.

Do you perhaps mean “glorified” when you use the term “magnified”?  If so then we should do research on how God glorifies Jesus.  There is only one new covenant law and that is live by the spirit and you will not sin or in other words love your neighbor as yourself.

Cindy(Irene) wrote:

Sorry I believe that you are very wrong in your statements.

I will be interested to hear what reasons you have based on scripture and/or God's nature for not believing my statements.

Cindy
    Participant

I just read Kerwin's post, I was rather surprised, that He does not know what the New Covenant is. In
    Math. 26:28 ” For this is My blood of the New Covenant, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
    In Math. 22:37 Jesus said this ” You shall love LORD God-with all your heart, with all your soul,and with all your mind.”
    verse 38 THIS IS THE FIRST AND GREAT COMMANDMENT.
    On the Sermon on the Mount, Jesus did magnified the Law, meaning that if you are angry with your Brother, you already committed murder in your heart. If you lust after a woman, you have already committed Adultery in your heart etc.
    Peace and Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene),

The new covenant is a compact between man and God whereby man receives the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of Love your neighbor as yourself, and in exchange man agrees to walk by that Spirit at all times.  Both receiving and walking by the Spirit is accomplished by faith.  If you do that then you have fulfilled the righteous requirements of all of God's previous covenants as well and thus receive forgiveness of all sins committed previously.

Cindy
    Participant

Kerwin did you even read my post, show me a scripture what you say the New Covenant is?  I disagree with that. It is the commandment to Love God with all of your heart and your neighbor as yourself. That is not the covenant however. I repeat in Math. 26:28 states ” For this is my blood of the New Covenant which is shed for many for the remission of sins.
    Love Irene

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene),

God does not change and this is what he declares about forgiveness.  Since he declared it, it is true then, it is true today, and it will be true tomorrow.

Ezekiel 14:14-16(NIV) reads:

And if I say to the wicked man, 'You will surely die,' but he then turns away from his sin and does what is just and right- 15 if he gives back what he took in pledge for a loan, returns what he has stolen, follows the decrees that give life, and does no evil, he will surely live; he will not die. 16 None of the sins he has committed will be remembered against him. He has done what is just and right; he will surely live.

Peter, a man of God, teaches about the benefits of entering the new covenant.

Acts 2:38 (Worldwide English{New Testiment} reads:

Stop your wrong ways and turn back to God,' answered Peter. `And then everyone of you can be baptised in the name of Jesus Christ. Your wrong ways will be forgiven you, and you will receive the Holy Spirit.

Please note that receiving the Holy Spirit is tied to being forgiven of your wrong ways.

About the Holy Spirit God teaches us through Paul

Galatians 5:16(Worldwide English{New Testiment} reads:

So I say, let the Spirit tell you what you should do. Then you will not do the wrong things you yourselves want to do.

If you choose not to receive and live by the Holy Spirit then we are told.

Galatians 5:17-21 (Worldwide English{New Testiment}reads:

People want to do wrong things that the Spirit does not want them to do. And the Spirit wants people to do things they do not want to do. The Spirit and the wrong things you want to do are against each other, so that you do not do what you yourself want to do. If you do what the Spirit wants you to do, then you will be free from the law. It is easy to see the wrong things people want to do. Both married people and those who are not married commit adultery. People make themselves unclean because of their wrong use of sex. They do things they should be ashamed of doing. They worship idols. They use witch-power. They hate. They quarrel. They are jealous. They get angry. They want their own way. They do not agree together and they join different groups against each other. They want what other people have. They even kill. They drink too much strong drink. They like to take part in loud drinking and dancing. They do other things like these. I have told you before and I tell you again. Those who do these things will not be in the kingdom of God.

Matthew  26:28 (Worldwide English{New Testiment}reads:

This is my blood. My blood is the blood of the new agreement. It is given so that many people will be forgiven for the wrong things they did.

Jesus’ blood did seal the new covenant and thus put it into effect and therefore those who receive and live by the Spirit are those who live by the new covenant and so receive forgiveness of sins.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (kerwin @ May 27 2009,17:37)
    Cindy(Irene),

The new covenant is a compact between man and God whereby man receives the Holy Spirit, which is the Spirit of Love your neighbor as yourself, and in exchange man agrees to walk by that Spirit at all times.  Both receiving and walking by the Spirit is accomplished by faith.  If you do that then you have fulfilled the righteous requirements of all of God's previous covenants as well and thus receive forgiveness of all sins committed previously.

Kerwin Did you at all what my posr says? Show me a Scripture were it says that the Holy Spirit is a Covenant.
    When you believe aomething, don't you prove it to yourself first? I am showing you a Scripture were Jesus is telling us what the New Covenant is. I will believe Jesus.
    Irene
    P.S. my Husbamd believes this too.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KW,
    Are you suggesting forgiveness is conditional on first walking in the Spirit?
    But we do not receive the Spirit till we are washed.
    Thence only foot washing is needed.

kerwin
    Participant

Nick Hassan wrote:

Are you suggesting forgiveness is conditional on first walking in the Spirit?

If you take Galatians 5:16-26 for what it explicitly states then the answer is yes since according to what God wrote though Paul in it those whom do not walk by the Spirit will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Nick Hassan wrote:

Thence only foot washing is needed.

Are you being literal or figurative?

kerwin
    Participant

Cindy(Irene),

Do you believe that Peter and Paul are ministers of the new covenant and were therefore teaching the new covenant to their listeners?  I used Ezekiel as a testimony of about a characteristic of the unchanging God.

As for what Jesus stated Matthew 26:28, your interpretation is obvious incorrect to one whom considers that a covenant is put into effect by blood.

Hebrews 9:16-19(NIV) reads:

In the case of a will, it is necessary to prove the death of the one who made it, because a will is in force only when somebody has died; it never takes effect while the one who made it is living. This is why even the first covenant was not put into effect without blood.

It is obvious he means his blood but into effect the new covenant and those who fulfill their side of the agreement will be forgiven.  To fulfill it you must walk by the Spirit or you will not inherit the kingdom of God just as Galatians 5:21 states.  

Still I would not say the Spirit is the new covenant but rather it is the gift of the new covenant just as it is written:

Jeremiah 31:31-34(NIV) reads:

“The time is coming,” declares the LORD,
          “when I will make a new covenant
          with the house of Israel
          and with the house of Judah.
    It will not be like the covenant
          I made with their forefathers
          when I took them by the hand
          to lead them out of Egypt,
          because they broke my covenant,
          though I was a husband to them, ”
          declares the LORD.
    “This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
          after that time,” declares the LORD.
          “I will put my law in their minds
          and write it on their hearts.
          I will be their God,
          and they will be my people.
    No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
          or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
          because they will all know me,
          from the least of them to the greatest,”
          declares the LORD.
          “For I will forgive their wickedness
          and will remember their sins no more.”

It is not wise to take shortcuts when you speak of the gospel.

Cindy
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 23 2009,10:39)

Hi Georg,
    You say

If not then how can you?

Irene

Hi Irene,

Nick  If you check the on the first post that I made, you will see that the Law was written on both sides of the tablets.
    Exodus 32:15
    Peace and Love Irene

georg
    Participant

I am bringing trhis up again

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 555 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account