Confused

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 198 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Well if you divorce youself from the Word of truth and provide for yourself a foundation of sand rather than rock the hey the world is your oyster and what you believe is true.

Towshab
    Participant

Spam above.

Towshab
    Participant

Son of Light says YHVH is an evil angel and that Jesus is the son of another god. Jesus' father is good and about love. Let's test that and see if this matches a so-called “god of love”.

Rev 14:9 And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
    Rev 14:10 he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
    Rev 14:11 And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

Nasty. I see a Jesus who looks to be taking pleasure in seeing people tormented forever and ever.

Some “god of love” you have there.

Towshab
    Participant

Please take note that while you seeing people dying in Tanakh for wickedness, you never once see where these people will be tormented for an eternity while YHVH looks on. Yet in the GT, Jesus watches as people are burned with fire and sulfur forever and ever.

Really, who is evil now?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Towshab @ Jan. 08 2008,08:14)
    Son of Light says YHVH is an evil angel and that Jesus is the son of another god. Jesus' father is good and about love. Let's test that and see if this matches a so-called “god of love”.

Rev 14:9  And another angel, a third, followed them, saying with a loud voice, “If anyone worships the beast and its image and receives a mark on his forehead or on his hand,
    Rev 14:10  he also will drink the wine of God's wrath, poured full strength into the cup of his anger, and he will be tormented with fire and sulfur in the presence of the holy angels and in the presence of the Lamb.
    Rev 14:11  And the smoke of their torment goes up forever and ever, and they have no rest, day or night, these worshipers of the beast and its image, and whoever receives the mark of its name.”

Nasty. I see a Jesus who looks to be taking pleasure in seeing people tormented forever and ever.

Some “god of love” you have there.

Hi tow,
    Brave words.
    Not wise but brave.

Towshab
    Participant

As usual, you have nothing to say in defense Nick. You can read the words the same as me, and you can see where Jesus revels in seeing people tormented for an eternity when you never see the same in Tanakh.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    You read the words of God and then dare to judge God.
    An unusual approach.
    God does not need our defense.

Towshab
    Participant

The Real G-d does not but the Christian god has some 'splaining to do.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    To you?
    Are you speaking of the God Who showed His ways in the OT?
    O. I remember you cut those verses out of your bible when you were designing a god.

Towshab
    Participant

So basically Revelation says this: if you accept the mark because you don't know better and want to eat, your punishment for doing so is to be tormented for an eternity. Niiiiiiiiccccccceeeeeee.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 07 2008,15:47)
    Hi Tow,
    To you?
    Are you speaking of the God Who showed His ways in the OT?
    O. I remember you cut those verses out of your bible when you were designing a god.

Yes that G-d. Even if I were to accept some of the barbaric things attributed to YHVH in Tanakh, you never see where He will watch as people are tormented forever and ever. Death is one thing but eternal torment is sadistic.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi tow,
    Discuss the design with the Designer.

Towshab
    Participant

Yes, you've seemed to run out of vain philosophy.

Towshab
    Participant

Jesus teaches one thing:

Mat 19:19 Honor your father and mother, and, You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

But in practice, he tells people that this is all a bunch of hooey:

Mat 10:35 For I have come to set a man against his father, and a daughter against her mother, and a daughter-in-law against her mother-in-law.

Once more Jesus is confused. On one hand, he says we should honor our mother and father, on the other he says that we won't be able to do it because he came to turn people against their parents.

IM4Truth
    Participant

Tow God is not going to let people burn forever in a Hell fire, that is a misconseption on peoples part. It says that God will destroy, that means burn up. It does not make any sense why a merciful God would want to do that. Besides why would there somewhere in the Universe be a place of torture when everything is restored to all beauty like it was in Paradise. That is crazy. And not likely going to happen.

Math. 10:35 Is written for the end times. When the Beast is in power and wants us who are alive to worship Him rather then God, I believe that is when Mother is against Daughter etc.

Math. 19:19 Is one of the Commandments as you do know.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (IM4Truth @ Jan. 08 2008,08:14)
    Tow God is not going to let people burn forever in a Hell fire, that is a misconseption on peoples part. It says that God will destroy, that means burn up. It does not make any sense why a merciful God would want to do that. Besides why would there somewhere in the Universe be a place of torture when everything is restored to all beauty like it was in Paradise. That is crazy. And not likely going to happen.

Math. 10:35 Is written for the end times. When the Beast is in power and wants us who are alive to worship Him rather then God, I believe that is when Mother is against Daughter etc.

Math. 19:19 Is one of the Commandments as you do know.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Then what is this?

Rev 14:9 (CEV)  Finally, a third angel came and shouted: Here is what will happen if you worship the beast and the idol and have the mark of the beast on your hand or forehead.
    Rev 14:10  You will have to drink the wine that God gives to everyone who makes him angry. You will feel his mighty anger, and you will be tortured with fire and burning sulfur, while the holy angels and the Lamb look on.
    Rev 14:11  If you worship the beast and the idol and accept the mark of its name, you will be tortured day and night. The smoke from your torture will go up forever and ever, and you will never be able to rest.

Towshab
    Participant

Oh, and the context of Mat 10:35 is not “end-times”. Its just an example of Jesus and his tendency to demand complete obedience to himself. That is another reason to doubt him. On one hand he'll say stuff about following “god the father” and then its all about people following Jesus.

==============================
    Mat 10:37 Whoever loves father or mother more than me is not worthy of me, and whoever loves son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.
    Mat 10:38 And whoever does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me.
    Mat 10:39 Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it.

===============================

Sounds like the forerunner to people such as David Koresh.

Towshab
    Participant

Another instance of Jesus and his obvious fetish with complete obedience:

====================================
    Luk 9:61  Yet another said, “I will follow you, Lord, but let me first say farewell to those at my home.”
    Luk 9:62  Jesus said to him, “No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for the kingdom of God.”

Jesus obviously had a hatred of family. The gospels are full of examples of Jesus being against family and instead making a family of those who would follow him. Does that seem natural to you?

A better example of the balance that G-d should bestow in people is given here:

1Ki 19:19  So he departed from there and found Elisha the son of Shaphat, who was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen in front of him, and he was with the twelfth. Elijah passed by him and cast his cloak upon him.
    1Ki 19:20  And he left the oxen and ran after Elijah and said, “Let me kiss my father and my mother, and then I will follow you.” And he said to him, “Go back again, for what have I done to you?”
    1Ki 19:21  And he returned from following him and took the yoke of oxen and sacrificed them and boiled their flesh with the yokes of the oxen and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he arose and went after Elijah and assisted him.

Elijah was a prophet and servant of G-d. Yet when Elisha requested to go back to his family to say his goodbyes, Elijah allowed him. Jesus did not.

Can anyone show me where Jesus was pro-family?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tow,
    You are venting your anger against a much more powerful God.

Did you not know that a man who decides to follow Christ while his family is still serving the god of this world, becomes to them anathema, till hopefully in the will of God they too see the hope and light of the kingdom shining from him and turn to God? It is the natural initial reaction of folk to the gospel and the servants of God must be long suffering if they are to see the fruits of their patient love.

Towshab
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 08 2008,11:55)
    Hi Tow,
    You are venting your anger against a much more powerful God.

Your god had to sacrifice his own son to make amends for the mess he created, so I know you're not referring to him.

Did you not know that a man who decides to follow Christ while his family is still serving the god of this world, becomes to them anathema, till hopefully in the will of God they too see the hope and  light of the kingdom shining from him and turn to God? It is the natural initial reaction of folk to the gospel and the servants of God must be long suffering if they are to see the fruits of their patient love.

So if a person just leaves his family behind without explaining and saying goodbye, this is a good thing?

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 198 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account