Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Would you judge God if he did it your way?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,16:56)
    Hi not3,
    Would you judge God if he did it your way?

Of course not, because it would be the right way!
    :laugh:

I'm assuming you meant if he didn't do it my way? And the answer would be no, of course not. I am only a human who has decended from a mud-man. I go by what I feel the holy spirit of God reveals to me and what I can muster from reading the dried ink.

Same question to you…..

dirtyknections
    Participant

Is it ok if I butt in? :)

3in1…I see where you are coming from with this…My thoughts happen to be more in line Nicks…but I now see clearly where you are coming from…

I have 2 questions for you tho:

Should we think the Creator of the universe incapable of producing the male gamete cell necessary for the procreation of Jesus?

Why do Christians spiritualize this event beyond reason when mere mortal humans have demonstrated skill and success with artificial insemination?

dirtyknections
    Participant

Simply put….

During Mary’s ovulation one of her ovary released a mature egg that passed through her Fallopian tube on its way to the uterus; at the instant this happened, God created a sperm cell perfectly compatible and able to unite with the egg; fertilization occurred and the infant Jesus was procreated. This is the exact description of the scientific process that occurred.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ June 02 2008,17:21)
    Simply put….

During Mary’s ovulation one of her ovary released a mature egg that passed through her Fallopian tube on its way to the uterus; at the instant this happened, God created a sperm cell perfectly compatible and able to unite with the egg; fertilization occurred and the infant Jesus was procreated.  This is the exact description of the scientific process that occurred.

Very good.

Now what would be the point of creating just any sperm to fit the bill?

If Jesus is indeed God's Son……don't you think he added something to the mix?

And if you don't believe so, why?

Oh, hey, and butt-in whenever you choose! :)

Not3in1
    Participant

We need more butt's in this thread anyway!
    :p

dirtyknections
    Participant

Added no..rather I think He TOOK AWAY…remember earlier in the thread we talked about Phil 2..where it says he emptied himself…well…Being made into a “lower form” or “terestial body” required God to do some rearranging..sort of speak…

Again ..i think what was transfered was the characteristics, traits, and image needed to make a lower form version of Jesus that was linked genetically to abraham thru David

dirtyknections
    Participant

lol

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ June 02 2008,17:30)
    Again ..i think what was transfered was the characteristics, traits, and image needed to make a lower form version of Jesus that was linked genetically to abraham thru David

No offense (I hope), but this sounds more like something God would need to create in a science lab.

Jesus was born flesh and blood. He had a personality. He probably played on the Nazareth Little League team.

He wasn't a lower form of a previous lifeform. I just don't believe that. But you are free to believe that, obviously.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hey 3in1

The only way you could offend is by denying christ and saying “God is everything” or “science is god”

Athiest seem to get to me…but i never let them see it :cool:

God is the ultimate scientist by the way…

What do those scriptures mean, in your opinion, that say he took a lower form?

Not3in1
    Participant

We are lower than the angels as humans.
    But that is not our destiny forever, neither was it Jesus' destiny forever.
    After he was resurrected to glory he was no longer “lower” than the angels.
    We will follow.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Hi…3in1

God is absolutely amazing…I know this conception thing seems a little “complicated”…and you think its a lot more simple than what i described…but there are a lot of things in life like that…heres an example:

Take for example the CPU screen you are looking at…lets do an analysis of it…

Touch it…it feels solid doesn't it?…..what if i told you that there was actually so much “space” in it that if broken down into its individual elements..aka protons and electrons..you would be able to stick the empire state building thru your monitor..

Now look again…is your monitoring moving? Is it physically still on your desk? Well look again….those individual elements are moving…and there moving around…186,000 miles per sec..roughly the speed of light…

So lets examine…your monitor which you intially thought was solid and still on your desk….is infact quite liquid and moving at the speed of light…

This is just one example of how complex but yet simple Gods creations are…nothing is beyond the power of God

dirtyknections
    Participant

True..but lower in what way?

Not3in1
    Participant

Nothing is beyond the power of God, true.
    But God doesn't switch gears on us that fast.  He doesn't provide conception and use conception and then say, “Not so fast.  You think you understand what I did there, but you would be so wrong.  It looks like conception, talks like conception, but it's really a transfer/incarnation.”  I don't think so.

Not3in1
    Participant

Angels are spirit beings. As humans we are lower than them.
    We won't be for long though. It's a temporary condition.

dirtyknections
    Participant

Well…3in1…i'm going to agree to disagree tonight :)

Its 2am were i am and I have to take the rugrats to day care at 7…i'm going to pray for understanding on the questions you have raised and i'll speak with you tommorow

Blessings

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (dirtyknections @ June 02 2008,18:05)
    Well…3in1…i'm going to agree to disagree tonight :)

Its 2am were i am and I have to take the rugrats to day care at 7…i'm going to pray for understanding on the questions you have raised and i'll speak with you tommorow

Blessings

Sounds good.

It's 11 p.m. here in WA State and I should head to bed too.

Take care, bro and sweet dreams,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 02 2008,17:59)
    But God doesn't switch gears on us that fast.  He doesn't provide conception and use conception and then say, “Not so fast.  You think you understand what I did there, but you would be so wrong.  It looks like conception, talks like conception, but it's really a transfer/incarnation.”  I don't think so.

Hi not3,
    So God is not allowed to go beyond your understanding?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,18:15)

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 02 2008,17:59)

Hi not3,
    So God is not allowed to go beyond your understanding?

Certainly he could. But probably wouldn't want to. He shows us by example and our physical surroundings that he is God. In other words, we take our lead from nature, from what we know are basics.

Why would he want to teach something that his children couldn't comprehend? Sounds counter-productive to me?

Is 1:18
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 02 2008,16:45)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 02 2008,16:34)
    Hi not3,
    Conception certainly gives us a body and usually the breath of God given to Adam.
    But with the second Adam God chose to intervene.
    God is sovereign.

Did God change all the rules?  

Mary was still pregnant for 9 months.
    She went through labor pains and delieverd a child.

What was the intervention?  The virgin part, sure.  But he is still the Father of his boy – Jesus.  We should put 2 and 2 together and see that God had a son through Mary.  What's the big deal to admit this?  It's certainly not against any “rules” that I am aware of?

Would it offend you if it were true?  Why?

Ummm Mandy, didn't God break the rules of conception by impregnating Mary by using the Holy Spirit?? That seems to me to be a pretty blatant break with convention.

:)

Viewing 20 posts - 921 through 940 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account