Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The monogenes son, who was before Abraham, David and John chose obedience, emptied himself was sent into the world in the likeness of men.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,17:29)
    Hi not3,
    The monogenes son, who was before Abraham, David and John chose obedience, emptied himself was sent into the world in the likeness of men.

OK.

This is the quilt of your belief system, all nicely sewn together in one sentence. Many verses and ideas into one dogma. Sounds good, but I don't agree with your interpretation.

You interpret “before Abraham” as being a physical/spiritual existence – I do not – scripture lends itself to both views.

You interpret “emptied himself” as having to do with pre-life in heaven with God – I do not – again scripture lends itself to both views.

You interpret “likeness of men” as meaning he only took on flesh and the body prepared for him, that he wasn't truly conceived and united with Mary's DNA – I do not – but scripture can tell both stories at the same time.

Who's right? I guess we'll never know until that Day. Until then, thanks for sharing your view of the scriptures.

But conception is conception. It's a basic. All the rest is dancing around the obvious and simplistic, imo.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Conception relates to bodies.
    We are all more than just bodies.
    A body was prepared for the Son.

Not3in1
    Participant

Bodies are not “prepared” for individuals. They are created by the breath of God, or they are created in the womb of a women.

Both have procedures and rules to follow.

You change the rules to suit your theology.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    I tell you what scripture says.
    But it offends you?

Hebrews 10:5
    Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,17:58)
    Hi not3,
    But it offends you?

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me:

Ha – no scripture does not offend me. But your interpretation of that scripture does at times.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    How should it be shown?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,18:04)
    Hi not3,
    How should it be shown?

Just as it is in the gospels.

I think those brother's did a fine job.

:;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    You ask about this scripture so please expound it.

Not3in1
    Participant

Please expound on what? The gospels? They are pretty plain. Even my 9 year old can understand them.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ May 31 2008,18:00)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,17:58)
    Hi not3,
    But it offends you?

Ha – no scripture does not offend me.  But your interpretation of that scripture does at times.

Hi not3,
    This one you were offended by.

Not3in1
    Participant

Nah, I wasn't offended by it.

I didn't like your interpretation of it. :;):

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Same thing?
    So give us yours

gollamudi
    Participant

Nice Sis, Keep going on.
    Hi Nick, you can not appreciate the sound interpretation of scriptures as you are filled with free conceived ideas like you always quote terms like 'monogene son or body prepared'. Why you are so much involved in twisting simple verses towards your beliefs. Jesus conceived in a unique way in the womb of Mary thats why he is called 'monogenes son' not that he was begotten in some mystified way assexual or some thing like that as somebody was quoting.
    A body prepared for me – is also another way of telling about his human nature. His origins are from God the Father not that he was pre-existing as a separate being with the Father before his birth. He was in the mind of God. Some say he was in the bossom of the Father. Any son who is born into this world will have his origins in his father, as it is mentioned in Hebrews 'Levi was in the lions of his father Abraham'. Why you want to make Jesus' birth so different when the Bible says he was conceived by Mary?
    take care
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    Don't attack the messenger but address the scriptures please.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ May 31 2008,18:35)
    Hi not3,
    Same thing?
    So give us yours

Your words are not on par with scripture, Nick. :)

I can be offended by your interpretation and not be offended at all by the scriptures you quote. So, no, it's not the same thing bro.

It looks like Adam is giving you a good explaination of the “body prepared for me” bit. I've also given you my take on this before. This conversation is not new to us. We've gone around and around before.

When the gospels use plain language to describe Jesus enterance on the scene, we should not complicate it. Instead, combine conception/pregnancy/birth with the ideas around “body prepared for me”…..you can draw some conclusions here that would go from dot-to-dot. Instead of decided that because the language says a “body prepared for me” that it means something entirely different from what the bible said earlier…….

God sees us as we are “knit together in the womb”. Could that also be a “body prepared” for Jesus? Sure it could. Would that mess with your theology? Sure it would.
    :;):

So, you see it differently. That's cool. We all tend to see things a bit differently.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (gollamudi @ May 31 2008,18:36)
    Any son who is born into this world will have his origins in his father, as it is mentioned in Hebrews 'Levi was in the lions of his father Abraham'.

Yes! I love that passage. I've shared that here before but it didn't seem to make anything more clear.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The Word who comes again as a mighty warrior was with God in the beginning.

gollamudi
    Participant

Yea Sis,
    I wonder how people are ignoring such explanations in this forum. Sometimes I recollect Jesus words that he always spoke in parables so that the audience should not get the meaning of what he was telling about, because it was not given to them by God. How dangerous it appears to me. Blessed are you that you have been given with the understanding of God.
    May God bless you and give you more and more revelations.
    with love
    Adam

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi GM,
    The parables were for the ignorant.
    The sons of God are taught from within.

Viewing 20 posts - 861 through 880 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account