Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 28 2007,18:11)
    A popular message from the pulpit is that God had to “turn away” when Jesus became sin because God cannot look on sin?  I always thought that is why Jesus called out to God and said, “Why have you forsaken me?”  I don't know…

Hi Not3in1,

I heard that silly message from my pastor as well.
    They are taught to give that reason.

If God could not look on sin or anyone who sins, wouldn't he be turned away from every one of us?

The simple fact is that Jesus was right where God wanted HIm to be and was bringing to fullfillment the plan of His Father. God was pleased with His son.

Tim

Not3in1
    Participant

I'm learning all kinds of things here that I never learned in church………. I'm loving it!

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Is 1:18 @ June 28 2007,21:49)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ June 28 2007,21:43)
    Hi Is 1.18,
    CF
    2Cor 5
    19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.

col2

For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily.

This does not describe him.
    It tells us what was in him.
    Number 2320
    Transliteration:
    theotes {theh-ot'-ace}
    Word Origin:
    from 2316
    TDNT:
    3:119,322
    Part of Speech:
    noun feminine
    Usage in the KJV:
    Godhead 1

Total: 1
    Definition:
    deity
    the state of being God, Godhead For Synonyms see entry 5849

Yes, the definition for “deity” in Col 2:9 is “the state of being God”.

That's not something I'm going to disagree with.

:)

Hi Not3,
    So what was in the Son of God?
    Not himself anyway.
    Godliness
    God.

Not3in1
    Participant

Well, I believe that God was in Jesus reconciling the world. But because I've been taught from a young age that God could not be sin, and Jesus “became” sin for the world when he hung on the cross………I was taught that God “left” Jesus when he became sin and died.

This would sound true considering that Jesus must have felt abandoned and cried out – Why have you forsaken me? Otherwise, why would he have said that?

I think, for a moment, when Jesus took my sin (because he was sinless), God indeed left him – and pulled his holy Spirit from him – and Jesus felt the weight of the world on him – and then he died.

When I want to discipline my daughter, the worse thing I can do to her is to isolate her from the family or myself. Taking away her favorite toys or privileges don't seem to have the effect on her that isolation in her bedroom does (especially if the door is shut). I think Jesus had to feel the same isolation when he became sin……….just my theories of course.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3.
    Psalm 139:7
    Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?

Is 11,
    2And the spirit of the LORD shall rest upon him, the spirit of wisdom and understanding, the spirit of counsel and might, the spirit of knowledge and of the fear of the LORD;

3And shall make him of quick understanding in the fear of the LORD: and he shall not judge after the sight of his eyes, neither reprove after the hearing of his ears:

Psalm 51:11
    Do not cast me from your presence or take your Holy Spirit from me.

Is 42
    “Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one in whom I delight; I will put my Spirit on him and he will bring justice to the nations.

Isaiah 59:21
    “As for me, this is my covenant with them,” says the LORD. “My Spirit, who is on you, and my words that I have put in your mouth will not depart from your mouth, or from the mouths of your children, or from the mouths of their descendants from this time on and forever,” says the LORD.

Do these not apply to Jesus?

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ June 29 2007,06:31)
    Well, I believe that God was in Jesus reconciling the world.  But because I've been taught from a young age that God could not be sin, and Jesus “became” sin for the world when he hung on the cross………I was taught that God “left” Jesus when he became sin and died.

This would sound true considering that Jesus must have felt abandoned and cried out – Why have you forsaken me?  Otherwise, why would he have said that?

I think, for a moment, when Jesus took my sin (because he was sinless), God indeed left him – and pulled his holy Spirit from him – and Jesus felt the weight of the world on him – and then he died.

When I want to discipline my daughter, the worse thing I can do to her is to isolate her from the family or myself.  Taking away her favorite toys or privileges don't seem to have the effect on her that isolation in her bedroom does (especially if the door is shut).  I think Jesus had to feel the same isolation when he became sin……….just my theories of course.

Hi Not3in1,

You are probably more correct than the christian teachers.

As long as Jesus was filled with the Holy Spirit ther was no way that He could be filled with sin.
    God had to withdraw the Spirit for a short while so that Jesus could take on the sin of the world.
    That was when Jesus thought that God had forsaken Him.

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Boy, how do you Guys jump between these different threads like this..
    I'm worn out.:)

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    Is it written that God takes away gifts He has given?

Rom11
    “29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.”

Not3in1
    Participant

Interestingly enough, these passages do not say God “can't” take his Spirit away?

But, wow, look how far we have strayed from the topic – conception.

I would really LOVE to hear everyone chime in on this topic.
    As I have said before – what you believe about the conception is what you believe about the “who” and “what” is Jesus.
    Isn't this the foundation for which all other topics build?
    Maybe I'm just being selfish because it's one of my favorite topics!
    I'm not selfish; I'm not, I'm not!
    :D

Off to garden now…..I'll be pondering all I have heard today. Enjoy the day, brothers!

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ June 29 2007,06:50)
    Boy, how do you Guys jump between these different threads like this..
    I'm worn out.:)

Tim

Hey Tim,

You're doing fabulous and I have sooooooooooo enjoyed having you around this morning and chatting with you.

Have a good one, bro!

I need to get going….

Not3in1
    Participant

I thought I would bring this topic up again and see if there are any takers besides the ever-faithful Nick.

t8, I would love to hear from you on this if you have time?

Other's? Did Jesus have a “true” conception? *See thread for ideas on “true” conception*

Laurel
    Participant

1 John 4:2 This is how we know the Spirit of Elohim; every man who confesses that Y'shua Messiah came in the flesh is of Elohim.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ July 02 2007,18:05)
    1 John 4:2 This is how we know the Spirit of Elohim; every man who confesses that Y'shua Messiah came in the flesh is of Elohim.

Laural,

What does, “…come in the flesh…” mean to you?

acertainchap
    Participant

He was conceived, yes, but “In the beginning the Word was with God.” Don't forget this as well.

acertainchap
    Participant

Well I've been patient enough, but I was wondering why hardly anyone has replied to my “America in Biblical Prophecy topic. :(

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (acertainchap @ July 04 2007,08:19)
    He was conceived, yes, but “In the beginning the Word was with God.” Don't forget this as well.

Is the Word that was with God in the beginning – Jesus? If so, how do you know?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Not3,
    John said so.
    Jn1
    “14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. “

John was conceived before Christ.
    But Christ was before him.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2007,10:16)
    Hi Not3,
    John said so.
    Jn1
    “14And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

15John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me. “

John was conceived before Christ.
    But Christ was before him.

The Word was made flesh…….yes…..but this “Word” went through a conception process with Mary (Man) and became flesh.

This is quite a process to go through and yet remain as you were before you were conceived?

I assert that the “Word” is not Jesus (yet, that is).
    :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    We must put together what is written
    and not filter it through human understanding.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ July 04 2007,11:23)
    Hi not3,
    We must put together what is written
    and not filter it through human understanding.

I believe that God acts so that we *can* understand.

He wants us to *know* him.

Viewing 20 posts - 521 through 540 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account