Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Conceive = become pregnant
    Pregnant = containing unborn young
    Unborn = not yet born
    Born = brought into life; being such by birth
    Birth = producing young, origin
    Origin = beginning or derivation from a source
    Source = point of origin

Of course, the incarnation throws a monkey-wrench in this basic explaining of the conception of Jesus.

Maybe God impregnated Mary (i.e., incarnated his “second person”) just to throw us all off? Sounds sarcastic, but I'm being serious.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Yes the false incarnation doctine denies Christ was conceived.

Not3in1
    Participant

Some thoughts I had this afternoon on the conception or incarnation of Jesus:

The promise was given to Abram, “….to your offspring…” and “….to your seed…..” What was the promise if God intended to incarnate himself into a man?

God is not from anyone's seed.

Jesus is a legitimate son because he was conceived. While God's Son is genuine, his birth did not conform to the laws of conception. After all, I've never known another virgin to conceive. However, Jesus did conform to accepted standards in that he referred to God as his Father.

The rules of conception require a second complete set of chromosomes to make a human being. God provided what was needed to make Jesus his Son (source = providing what is needed). The only cells in our body that have a single set of 23 chromosomes are sperm and egg cells. When they come together at conception, the 23 chromosomes of each parent are JOINED. In this way, the new individual receives a full set of 46 chromosomes. All other cells reproduce the same cell. *Sorry folks, this is the Nurse in me talking*

The predictable consequence of the FUSION is the production of a NEW INDIVIDUAL which carries the GENETIC CHARACTERISTICS OF BOTH PARENTS.

Conception or Incarnation? Pre-existence? What ever you decide – it changes everything. :)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Genes play no provable part in man except in the flesh.
    We are not just flesh.

Not3in1
    Participant

Without genes you would have not heredity.

Without genes you cannot exsist in any form (unless of course you are God).

Not3in1
    Participant

Genes play no provable part in man except in the flesh.
    We are not just flesh.
    Hi Nick,
    What do you mean?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    We are body, soul and spirit.
    Only the body is destroyed in the first death.
    It takes the second death to destroy the soul[mt10]
    Paul could not wait to die that he might live with the Lord.

Not3in1
    Participant

I assure you that Paul's “soul” was woven together in the womb with the rest of him! And all that weaving comes about by the miracle of conception (the sharing and dividing of chromosomes). Sorry, Nick, there is no getting around this, unless of course you are God!

According to the spirit, Jesus was determined to be the Son of God by his resurrection. What are your thoughts concerning this? Do you believe that Jesus' spirit had nothing to do with his conception? Do you believe that our spirits have nothing to do with our own conceptions? You realize we are dabbling a bit with the “nature verses nurture” debate here……

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Paul was an intergrated human too but the Spirit was able to discern between his parts and like Stephen he knew death was a shedding of the tent and the continuation of the life shared in that Spirit with Christ.
    Ps 139 may add insights.

Not3in1
    Participant

Let me see if I'm following you correctly: I also believe that when we die we shed our “tent” and our spirit is with the Lord.

However, when we are conceived, we are conceived with all our “parts” and that includes a spirit (who we are). The question is do we receive our “spirit” as a result of conception, or do you believe that we only receive flesh during conception but the spirit is given by God and has nothing to do with the spliting of chromosomes?

This is facinating to me, both from a medical standpoint and a theology view.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Conception produces flesh integrated man from the gift of the breath of God into dust given in Adam.

Not3in1
    Participant

How do we receive our spirit, that is; what makes us “alive”? Flesh is not alive unless the spirit is within us. Is that not given during conception? If not during conception, then when?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    I believe all was given to Adam.
    God lit the fire.

Not3in1
    Participant

Adam then produced after his own kind. Our spirits are then given *along with* our flesh during conception. Would you agree with this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Is your personality similar to Mum's and Dad's?

Not3in1
    Participant

Ha……..funny you should ask this question. My husband was telling me this morning how much I remind him of my Dad. My Dad was easy-going and had a variety of other personality traits that I possess. I look like my Mom, but was given a lot of my Dad's personality traits (thank God – ha).

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Could it be that your spirit was also given through your parents?

Not3in1
    Participant

This is exactly my thrust here on the topic. Conception includes the weaving together of *everything* not limited to flesh only; but to include spirit as well.

And if spirit as well, then lets consider how this changes the idea of a pre-existent Jesus OR an incarnation.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Women alone do not produce men.
    Why should we not allow God to birth his son partaking only of the flesh of man through Mary if it is written that the Word partook of flesh?

Not3in1
    Participant

Because you want to separate “flesh” as being only skin and bones. We have come to realize that you cannot do that. “Partaking” of “flesh” then has come to mean having also a spirit within your flesh to make you alive. And if that spirit is given during conception, then it is given by BOTH parents.

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account