Conception

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,479 total)
  • Author
    kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2007,23:46)
    Hi kenrch,
    Elijah was in Abraham's bosom.
    The work of Elijah and Elisha was the work of God's Spirit, not of the weak vessel, and that same Spirit worked also through John the Baptist.

So the Holy Spirit worked through Elias. When Elias died his spirit went to Abraham's bosom. Then the Holy Spirit continued the work of Elias through John.  So it was not Elias say per person but the continuing work that the Holy Spirit worked in Elias that was given to John.  Now that sounds right is it?

kenrch
    Participant

So it's not reincarnation but the Holy Spirit continuing the work even as humans expire. Where one person left off another through the Holy Spirit picks up to continue the work. No wonder people believe in reincarnation. A different person takes on the same traits as the person before him.

That's why their are many antichrist. Same spirit until the final antichrist when all is complete. And so the work that the Holy Spirit was working in the apostles should be in other people today. Unless it is finished.

kenrch
    Participant

So when we receive the Holy Spirit we receive a on going work of the Holy Spirit? ???

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Mar. 27 2007,23:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 27 2007,23:46)
    Hi kenrch,
    Elijah was in Abraham's bosom.
    The work of Elijah and Elisha was the work of God's Spirit, not of the weak vessel, and that same Spirit worked also through John the Baptist.

So the Holy Spirit worked through Elias. When Elias died his spirit went to Abraham's bosom. Then the Holy Spirit continued the work of Elias through John.  So it was not Elias say per person but the continuing work that the Holy Spirit worked in Elias that was given to John.  Now that sounds right is it?

Hi kenrch,
    According to Ecc12 a man's spirit returns to God at death so it would seem Elijahs soul went to Abraham's bosom.

kenrch
    Participant

So who's work are you continuing to perform. Some maybe the 144K ??? DOO DO DOO DO Twilight Zone Ummmmm

That's very deep what do ya'll think anyone?

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Mar. 28 2007,00:07)
    So when we receive the Holy Spirit we receive a on going work of the Holy Spirit? ???

Hi Kenrch,
    When we are reborn into Christ we receive the Spirit of Christ making us alive in his body on earth. That Spirit is given to him of the Spirit of God.
    One.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2007,00:13)

Quote (kenrch @ Mar. 28 2007,00:07)

Hi Kenrch,
    When we are reborn into Christ we receive the Spirit of Christ making us alive in his body on earth. That Spirit is given to him of the Spirit of God.
    One.

And when I die their is one child born to carry on.  Yes Nick the Spirit of Christ His work we are His body that continue His work but as John was Elias then whose to say that others have not a continuing spirit of a former slave.  In other words John was the last Elias.

kenrch
    Participant

The body of Christ His workers of the plan. And the gates of hell shall not prevail against the body of Christ. The workers are renewed by the Spirit. When I die someone else will take my place. Until God is all in all.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kenrch,
    Mal 4
    '5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Mar. 28 2007,00:26)
    Hi Kenrch,
    Mal 4
    '5Behold, I will send you Elijah the prophet before the coming of the great and dreadful day of the LORD:

6And he shall turn the heart of the fathers to the children, and the heart of the children to their fathers, lest I come and smite the earth with a curse.”

John was the last Elijah (Elias) that part of the plan was fulfilled.  But it started way back in the OT and was completed in John.

Is this what you are saying.  I gotta tell ya it makes sense to me.  The Body of Christ the farmer who plants, waters, and harvest the crop.  We are the workers those who harvest in these last days.  Were there harvesters before us? And we are to continue. OR are we the first of the harvesters?  No we are a continuation of the workers.

The last days have been going on since Christ was resurrected. That's why the apostles thought Jesus was coming back in their life time. But God doesn't want any to perish. The workers are few and are getting to be fewer all the time as the end draws nearer.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    John the Baptist was conceived in Elizabeth. The same word is used of the conception of Jesus.

Not3in1
    Participant

So what does this do for your pre-existent spiritual person theory (with all due respect)?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    How can you make it fit together?

Not3in1
    Participant

Ha – that's what I'm asking YOU.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3
    Hebrews 2:14
    Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

So he, who existed, had to partake of our estate, so we could follow him.

Not3in1
    Participant

So he, who existed, had to partake of our estate, so we could follow him.

It's the “who existed” that I am focusing on here. If he pre-existed, and he “partook” of the flesh…and we understand what “conception” means…….then the pre-existent being CHANGED when he partook of flesh and was conceived. Are you willing that this makes sense?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Does the existence of any being derive from body, soul or spirit?
    Does our being as men derive from body, soul or spirit?
    He existed before Abraham, even Adam.
    A body was prepared for him.
    He became flesh.

One thing we can know is that he was no different from us[heb]
    He was rather insignificant as a man[Is 53]
    He behaved like any man could.
    We can follow him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3
    Does this relate?
    Ps 139
    13For You formed my inward parts;
    You wove me in my mother's womb.
    14I will give thanks to You, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    Wonderful are Your works,
    And my soul knows it very well.
    15My frame was not hidden from You,
    When I was made in secret,
    And skillfully wrought in the depths of the earth;
    16Your eyes have seen my unformed substance;
    And in Your book were all written
    The days that were ordained for me,
    When as yet there was not one of them.

I think it speaks of the formation of an integrated being, man-body and soul and enlivened by the spirit lent of the breath of God, with that person, me, being seen from the perspective of the soul[v14]

Not3in1
    Participant

Nick, you didn't answer my question.

Did the conception alter the pre-existent spirit being?

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Whatever made Christ different from us must have been emptied from him [Phil2]
    for him to came as we are
    with no advantages.

Viewing 20 posts - 341 through 360 (of 1,479 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account