Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1,101 through 1,105 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 28 2012,16:38)

(1)Oh , Okay makes more sense but where is it said that Jesus Christ was the prince of peace?
    (2)He said he didn't come to bring peace….just asking

Hi BD,

1) Isa 9:6
    2) Yes he did

“I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to him that is far off,
     and to him that is near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.
     But the wicked are like the troubled sea, when it cannot
     rest, whose waters cast up mire and dirt. There is no
     peace, saith my God, to the wicked.” (Isa 57:19-21)

יהוה חאלהים (JEHOVAH GOD)
    עד (Joshua 22:34) Ed (Witness)

journey42
    Participant

bodhitharta,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

Oh , Okay makes more sense but where is it said that Jesus Christ was the prince of peace? He said he didn't come to bring peace….just asking

Isaiah 9:6   For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The Prince of Peace is just one of his titles, and is a prophesy.  Just like Jerusalem (City of Peace) is a prophesy.  There has never been peace in Jerusalem, but it will come.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (journey42 @ Nov. 29 2012,23:35)

bodhitharta,Nov. wrote:

[/quote]

Oh , Okay makes more sense but where is it said that Jesus Christ was the prince of peace? He said he didn't come to bring peace….just asking

Isaiah 9:6   For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

The Prince of Peace is just one of his titles, and is a prophesy.  Just like Jerusalem (City of Peace) is a prophesy.  There has never been peace in Jerusalem, but it will come.

I hate to tell you this but that is not referring to Jesus:

Isaiah 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.

2 Kings 18:5

King James Version (KJV)

5 He trusted in the Lord God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him.

The fact is you can go back to any verse hundreds of years before Jesus Christ and say that any term is applied to him but the fact is he was not the first to be called even King of Kings.

Now the fact is Jesus is Salvation this is why God sent him to save those who were lost and show them the way back to God through repentence and the remission of sins.

He is not referred to anywhere in the NT as the prince of peace nor did he say that was “his” purpose nor was he called “Mighty God” he is called “Son of God”. Jesus is also NEVER called Everlasting Father anywhere he even taught his disciples about his Father who is greater than he…etc

Isaiah 9:6 does not seem to apply to Jesus at all unless you force the text to mean it.

journey42
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Nov. 30 2012,14:46)

Boditharta

I hate to tell you this but that is not referring to Jesus:

Isaiah 9:6   For unto us a CHILD IS BORN, unto us a SON IS GIVEN…..and the government …..shall…be on his shoulder.

This is a prophecy, regarding their Messiah to come, which he did…..
    and the government SHALL be on his shoulder is a prophecy of which is to come ….much later…

Isaiah 1

King James Version (KJV)

1 The vision of Isaiah the son of Amoz, which he saw concerning Judah and Jerusalem in the days of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, kings of Judah.

You are reading it wrong.  Isaiah had this vision DURING THE DAYS of Uzziah, Jotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah, the kings of Judah.
    THE VISION WAS DURING THE DAYS OF THESE KINGS.

Isaiah 9:6 ……”and the government shall be upon his shoulder:”
    Whose Government?  
    His Father's Government.  
    His Father's Will
    IT ALL COMES FROM GOD.

John 5:30   I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me

Isaiah 9:6…..”and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.”

This is referring to the “Word of God” now. The Word cannot act on it's own, it comes from God.  Jesus is NEVER referred to as the Father, but the son.  

Revelation 19:13   And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God. (he came out of God. God's word came out of himself. God's word is God, and not anyone else's word. His WORD that is)

So when we worship Jesus, we are actually worshipping God, the Father,  Obeying God, serving God, obeying THE WORD, God's Word. These titles belong to God.  So when peace comes, it comes from God, even when he sends his son to bring it, it still comes from God.  The order is from God.
    Who is wonderful, it is God.
    Who is the Counsellor, it is God,
    who is the Mighty God?, it is God
    who is the everlasting Father? it is God. (not the son)
    Look at this example

Matthew 19:16   And, behold, one came and said unto him, Good Master, what good thing shall I do, that I may have eternal life?

even being without sin, Jesus still answered this;

Matthew 19:17   And he said unto him, Why callest thou me good? THERE IS NONE GOOD BUT ONE, THAT IS GOD: but if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments.

Everything comes from God.  The Word comes from God.  It's all God's doing.  Jesus is giving the glory straight to God, because Good comes from God, and no one else, he is just obeying, because he loves his Father.

Isaiah 44:6   Thus saith the LORD the King of Israel, and his redeemer the LORD of hosts; I am the first, and I am the last; AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO GOD.
    Isaiah 43:11   I, even I, am the LORD; AND BESIDE ME THERE IS NO SAVIOUR.

God sent his son, but it's from God.  God's plan, God's purpose & God's will.

2 Kings 18:5
    King James Version (KJV)

5 He trusted in the Lord God of Israel; so that after him was none like him among all the kings of Judah, nor any that were before him.

The fact is you can go back to any verse hundreds of years before Jesus Christ and say that any term is applied to him but the fact is he was not the first to be called even King of Kings.

Hezekiah was never called “The King of Kings”  Was he king of Assyria at the time?  Hezekiah was loyal to God.  Did he do what King David did?  David did a few things against God, like when he wanted that beautiful woman for himself, he sent her husband to war, in the front line so that he would be killed, and David could have her. This was sinful in God's eyes.  He also censored the people which God was angry about.  But David was punished, and later forgiven.

God was Israel's first king.
    1 Samuel 12:12   And when ye saw that Nahash the king of the children of Ammon came against you, ye said unto me, Nay; but a king shall reign over us: WHEN THE LORD YOUR GOD WAS YOUR KING.

Wakeup
    Participant

Let me add this:

Psalms 22:1 **My God, my God**, why hast thou forsaken me? why art thou so far from helping me, and from the words of my roaring?

Psalms 22:2 O my God, I cry in the daytime, but thou hearest not; and in the night season, and am not silent.

Psalms 22:3 But thou art holy, O thou that inhabitest the praises of Israel.

Psalms 22:4 Our fathers trusted in thee: they trusted, and thou didst deliver them.

Psalms 22:5 They cried unto thee, and were delivered: they trusted in thee, and were not confounded.

Psalms 22:6 But I am a worm, and no man; a reproach of men, and despised of the people.

Psalms 22:7 All they that see me laugh me to scorn: they shoot out the lip, they shake the head, saying,

Psalms 22:8 He trusted on the LORD that he would deliver him: let him deliver him, seeing he delighted in him.

Psalms 22:9 But thou art he that took me out of the womb: thou didst make me hope when I was upon my mother's breasts.

Psalms 22:10 I was cast upon thee from the womb: thou art my God from my mother's belly.

Psalms 22:11 Be not far from me; for trouble is near; for there is none to help.

Psalms 22:12 Many bulls have compassed me: strong bulls of Bashan have beset me round.

Psalms 22:13 They gaped upon me with their mouths, as a ravening and a roaring lion.

Psalms 22:14 I am poured out like water, and all my bones are out of joint: my heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.

Psalms 22:15 My strength is dried up like a potsherd; and my tongue cleaveth to my jaws; and thou hast brought me into the dust of death.

Psalms 22:16 For dogs have compassed me: the assembly of the wicked have inclosed me: ***they pierced my hands and my feet***.

Psalms 22:17 I may tell all my bones: they look and stare upon me.

Psalms 22:18 **They part my garments among them**, and cast lots upon my vesture.

Psalms 22:19 But be not thou far from me, O LORD: O my strength, haste thee to help me.

Psalms 22:20 Deliver my soul from the sword; my darling from the power of the dog.

Psalms 22:21 Save me from the lion's mouth: for thou hast heard me from the horns of the unicorns.

Psalms 22:22 **I will declare thy name unto my brethren**: in the midst of the *congregation* will I praise thee.

Psalms 22:23 Ye that fear the LORD, praise him; all ye the seed of Jacob, glorify him; and fear him, all ye the seed of Israel.

Psalms 22:24 For he hath not despised nor abhorred the affliction of the afflicted; neither hath he hid his face from him; but when he cried unto him, he heard.

Psalms 22:25 My praise shall be of thee in the great congregation: I will pay my vows before them that fear him.

Psalms 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

Psalms 22:27 All the ends of the world shall remember and turn unto the LORD: and all the kindreds of the nations shall worship before thee.

Psalms 22:28 For the kingdom is the LORD'S: and he is the governor among the nations.

Psalms 22:29 All they that be fat upon earth shall eat and worship: all they that go down to the dust shall bow before him: and none can keep alive his own soul.

Psalms 22:30 A seed shall serve him; it shall be accounted to the Lord for a generation.

Psalms 22:31 They shall come, and shall declare his righteousness unto a people that shall be born, that he hath done this.

YOU THINK THIS IS ABOUT SOME OTHER MAN,THAT WAS CRICIFIED?

wakeup.

Viewing 5 posts - 1,101 through 1,105 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account