Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,11:25)
    stu

terraricca

There are several hundred distinct human cell types,.[1][2][3] There are between 50 and 75 trillion cells in the human body.[citation needed]

Cell types can be classified by their tissue of origin. However, it is possible for some cells to have their behavior induced by surrounding tissue.

do you agree with this stu ?

Obviously, hormones are chemical signals given out by various glands that can control the behaviour of other cells.  It also applies to development. My understanding of this is a bit thin, but there are chemical signals that cause cells to behave differently depending on how far they are from the cell doing the chemical signaling.  Hox proteins, made by hox genes do different jobs in the development of tissue depending on where they are.

so this are all but mechanical components inter active ,is this what you mean ?

Pierre

I'm not sure if that is what I mean. What do you mean?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,11:23)
    stu

It depends what you think is being driven.

if i want to go to Africa ,if I want to read books ,if i want to go in Politics,if i want to believe in God, if i do not want to believe in God ,if i want to believe in sex only ,what is the driving force in me that make it happen

Pierre

45% genes, 55% environment. Roughly.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 19 2011,19:19)

stu

terraricca

There are several hundred distinct human cell types,.[1][2][3] There are between 50 and 75 trillion cells in the human body.[citation needed]

Cell types can be classified by their tissue of origin. However, it is possible for some cells to have their behavior induced by surrounding tissue.

Obviously, hormones are chemical signals given out by various glands that can control the behaviour of other cells.  It also applies to development. My understanding of this is a bit thin, but there are chemical signals that cause cells to behave differently depending on how far they are from the cell doing the chemical signaling.  Hox proteins, made by hox genes do different jobs in the development of tissue depending on where they are.

Pierre

I'm not sure if that is what I mean.  What do you mean?

Stuart

stu

what I mean is ;that your understanding of men power;is that is is electrically,mechanically, chemically components that make him go or ACT has he does ,

and it is also the same components that made him,

right ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 19 2011,19:20)

stu

if i want to go to Africa ,if I want to read books ,if i want to go in Politics,if i want to believe in God, if i do not want to believe in God ,if i want to believe in sex only ,what is the driving force in me that make it happen

Pierre

45% genes, 55% environment.  Roughly.

Stuart

stu

so it is the environment that would make me a murderer ,or a thief,or homosexual,or a honest men ,a good student ,good husband,good carpenter,engineer, ect,

genes will be a small part in making me a man or a women ,

right?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,12:50)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

so it is the environment that would make me a murderer ,or a thief,or homosexual,or a honest men ,a good student ,good husband,good carpenter,engineer, ect,

right?

Pierre

No. 45% genes, 55% environment.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,12:44)

stu

terraricca

Pierre

Stuart

stu

what  I mean is ;that your understanding of men power;is that is is electrically,mechanically, chemically components that make him go or ACT has he does ,

right ?

Pierre

Are humans electrical, chemical and mechanical?

Yes, I think that covers it generally.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 19 2011,21:32)

stu

terraricca

Pierre

Stuart

stu

what  I mean is ;that your understanding of men power;is that is is electrically,mechanically, chemically components that make him go or ACT has he does ,

right ?

Pierre

Stuart

stu

good thank you

still have to go more

answer the other questions please

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,16:42)

Quote (Stu @ July 19 2011,21:32)

stu

terraricca

Pierre

Stuart

stu

right ?

Pierre

Stuart

stu

good thank you

still have to go more

answer the other questions please

Pierre

Sorry, you'll have to ask again. I'm not sure what you mean.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,19:50)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

right?

Pierre

stu

here answer

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,17:09)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

right?

Pierre

stu

here answer

I think my answer was

“No, 45% genes, 55% environment”.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 20 2011,00:22)

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,17:09)

stu

Pierre

Stuart

stu

right?

Pierre

stu

here answer

I think my answer was

“No, 45% genes, 55% environment”.

Stuart

stu

you do not want to answer?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,17:33)
    stu

Perhaps if you care to articulate a question that can be understood then you might get an answer.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 20 2011,01:37)

stu

Perhaps if you care to articulate a question that can be understood then you might get an answer.

Stuart

stu

so according to you, it is the environment that would make me a murderer ,or a thief,or homosexual,or a honest men ,a good student ,good husband,good carpenter,engineer, ect,

genes ;will be a small part in making me a man or a women ,

right?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 20 2011,05:01)

stu

Stuart

stu

so according to you, it is the environment that would make me a murderer ,or a thief,or homosexual,or a honest men ,a good student ,good husband,good carpenter,engineer, ect,

right?

Pierre

No.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 20 2011,18:31)

Quote (terraricca @ July 20 2011,05:01)

stu

Stuart

stu

right?

Pierre

No.

Stuart

stu

thank you ,
    well could you then explain your view to me on the subject ?

pierre

Stu
    Participant

Your gender is almost 100% genetic, but everything else is 45% genetics and 55% environment, roughly. What makes you a murderer ,or a thief,or homosexual,or a honest men ,a good student ,good husband,good carpenter,engineer is a result of your genetic predispositions interacting with your environment. Often it is a case that the environment limits, or allows full expression of your genetic predisposition.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

stu

what is your take on;love ( not romantic ) mercy,compassion,understanding,goodness,fidelity,honesty,truthful,being good,helpful,ect,,,,,,

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 20 2011,17:56)
    stu

what is your take on;love ( not romantic ) mercy,compassion,understanding,goodness,fidelity,honesty,truthful,being good,helpful,ect,,,,,,

Pierre

Like all those other things they are based in genetics. There is a survival and reproductive benefit for genes that can make their carriers behave in those ways, so those genes have become more prevalent. Of course it is complicated, and the individual's environment allows or limits the expression of those genetically-motivated qualities.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 21 2011,01:46)

stu

Pierre

Like all those other things they are based in genetics.  There is a survival and reproductive benefit for genes that can make their carriers behave in those ways, so those genes have become more prevalent.  Of course it is complicated, and the individual's environment allows or limits the expression of those genetically-motivated qualities.

Stuart

stu

so there is in your environment any place of guilt ? because it is Genetic right? and also external (society)influences ?so there again no guilt ,but only the power of influence of the powerful,(dominant men) right?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 21 2011,06:39)

Quote (Stu @ July 21 2011,01:46)

stu

Pierre

Like all those other things they are based in genetics.  There is a survival and reproductive benefit for genes that can make their carriers behave in those ways, so those genes have become more prevalent.  Of course it is complicated, and the individual's environment allows or limits the expression of those genetically-motivated qualities.

Stuart

stu

so there is in your environment any place of guilt ? because it is Genetic right? and also external (society)influences ?so there again no guilt ,but only the power of influence of the powerful,(dominant men) right?

Pierre

There very obviously is such a thing as guilt, which is part of your conscience, already included in genetics+environment.

The Catholic church famously exploits guilt, and I think that is a part of our environment we could have done without.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 801 through 820 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account