Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 17 2011,15:40)

Quote (terraricca @ July 17 2011,02:50)

Quote (Stu @ July 17 2011,03:07)

Quote (terraricca @ July 16 2011,18:42)
    stu

I still really don't know what you are driving at.  Are you testing some religious concept with which I am unfamiliar?  In what way are you suggesting a man could be separated from the same man?

Stuart

we are two parts flesh and bone but there is what you call the mental state if you want,the mind,feelings not the senses the ones from the heart emotion,
    the mind of reasoning, this is were my questions relate to

understand ?

OK.  Your mental functions are the movements of electrochemical signals between neurons in your brain.

Stuart

stu

you did not answer my questions

or do you not want to ?

you tell me what it is but not what part can be separated from the flesh,

you see i need help, what is the conscience of men ?

do animals have a conscience ?

Pierre

Those things are all functions of your brain, involving electrochemical signals moving between neurons, so I did answer your question.

Did you want the mechanisms for how they work, too?

The brain controls behaviour and it has the properties of memory and awareness.  The brain is made from the recipe contained in DNA, so that is one source of coding of useful survival behaviours, and the brain is plastic so it can learn behaviours by strengthening or eliminating connections between neurons.  

The plastic brain changes to accommodate what is happening in its immediate environment, so for example, young children with very plastic brains will quickly imitate their parents and others, including their ethical behaviour.  Then, the brain is capable of ethical philosophy so it can think and decide what is right.  We have a strong sense of justice for example, and this leads to all sorts of discussion and lawmaking that wouldn't happen if we didn't.  Of course within subcultures people might develop ethical ideas with which you and I would disagree, such as in criminal gangs.  

So conscience exists as a function of the physical brain, based on genetics and cultural influence.  This must be so because you know that people can change in their ethical opinions and behaviour if they suffer damage to the brain.

So, you tell me.  What part can be separated from the flesh?  I don't think there is anything.

Stuart

stu

how many cells different ones in a human body?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

I still really don't know what you are driving at.  Are you testing some religious concept with which I am unfamiliar?  In what way are you suggesting a man could be separated from the same man?

Stuart

we are two parts flesh and bone but there is what you call the mental state if you want,the mind,feelings not the senses the ones from the heart emotion,

understand ?

OK.  Your mental functions are the movements of electrochemical signals between neurons in your brain.

Stuart

stu

wish one is the motor of the body, the brain or the knowledge of the brain

or our mechanical structure ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

Have we moved on from conscience now?

Stuart

just temporary ,this is just one of the many faces of man

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 18 2011,04:41)

Quote (terraricca @ July 17 2011,08:48)
    stu

is there no moral to your evolution system ?

because billions of people will die soon

Pierre

Billions of people will die of what?

What is “[my] evolution system”?

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Have we moved on from conscience now?

Stuart

stu

why do those people have to die ?

when we talking about men evolution it have to include is own evolution as a species no?

this would include the way he lives,alone and in society
    and is ability to cope with environment no?

i think so

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,12:16)

Pierre

Do you mean how many cells are there in one human body, or how many different kinds of cell are there?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,12:33)

when we talking about men evolution it have to include is own evolution as a species no?

i think so

Pierre

I wonder if you could make these questions a bit more grammatical. I'm constantly having to ask you what you mean.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 18 2011,19:55)

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,12:16)

Pierre

Do you mean how many cells are there in one human body, or how many different kinds of cell are there?

Stuart

stu

how many different kinds of cell are there?

yes

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 18 2011,19:57)

and is ability to cope with environment

Pierre

I wonder if you could make these questions a bit more grammatical.  I'm constantly having to ask you what you mean.

Stuart

stu

when we talking about men evolution it have to include is own evolution as a species ,

and is ability to cope with environment,

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,15:20)

and is ability to cope with environment

Pierre

I wonder if you could make these questions a bit more grammatical.  I'm constantly having to ask you what you mean.

Stuart

stu

when we talking about men evolution it have to include is own evolution as a species ,

and is ability to cope with environment,

Pierre

Sorry, repeating ungrammatical questions does not make them more understandable.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,15:17)

yes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_cells

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 19 2011,00:58)

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,15:17)

yes

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_cells

Stuart

stu

There are several hundred distinct human cell types,.[1][2][3] There are between 50 and 75 trillion cells in the human body.[citation needed]

Cell types can be classified by their tissue of origin. However, it is possible for some cells to have their behavior induced by surrounding tissue.

do you agree with this stu ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

i think so

Pierre

Stuart

stu

how as men come to today evolution from his start ?

and why are men so self centered ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 18 2011,19:22)

stu

Stuart

understand ?

Stuart

stu

wish one is the motor of the body, the brain or the knowledge of the brain

or our mechanical structure ?

Pierre

stu

witch is the driving force the brain or the body ?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

terraricca

There are several hundred distinct human cell types,.[1][2][3] There are between 50 and 75 trillion cells in the human body.[citation needed]

Cell types can be classified by their tissue of origin. However, it is possible for some cells to have their behavior induced by surrounding tissue.

Obviously, hormones are chemical signals given out by various glands that can control the behaviour of other cells. It also applies to development. My understanding of this is a bit thin, but there are chemical signals that cause cells to behave differently depending on how far they are from the cell doing the chemical signaling. Hox proteins, made by hox genes do different jobs in the development of tissue depending on where they are.

This is one that definitely needs rewording. I’m completely lost as to what you mean. As you can appreciate, the wording is everything.

and why are men so self centered ?

Why are they so altruistic?

witch is the driving force the brain or the body ?

It depends what you think is being driven. In the end, the brain is part of the body.

The answer could be that the pituitary gland is a master hormone signaller, so it is in control. Another could be the parasympathetic nervous system is in control. Sometimes the sympathetic nervous system seems to hijack control from everything else. Most of those originate in the brain. The interesting point is that the brain contains control mechanisms that are sometimes contradictory to one another. That is because it is the result of natural selection.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

stu

The interesting point is that the brain contains control mechanisms that are sometimes contradictory to one another. That is because it is the result of natural selection

give me some examples please

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

It depends what you think is being driven.

if i want to go to Africa ,if I want to read books ,if i want to go in Politics,if i want to believe in God, if i do not want to believe in God ,if i want to believe in sex only ,what is the driving force in me that make it happen

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

terraricca

Obviously, hormones are chemical signals given out by various glands that can control the behaviour of other cells. It also applies to development. My understanding of this is a bit thin, but there are chemical signals that cause cells to behave differently depending on how far they are from the cell doing the chemical signaling. Hox proteins, made by hox genes do different jobs in the development of tissue depending on where they are.

so this are all but mechanical components inter active ,is this what you mean ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

This is one that definitely needs rewording. I’m completely lost as to what you mean. As you can appreciate, the wording is everything.

in brief what is the history from the time men stood up and where men and there achievement until today ,including there reasons to existence if any

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,11:19)
    stu

The interesting point is that the brain contains control mechanisms that are sometimes contradictory to one another.  That is because it is the result of natural selection

give me some examples please

Pierre

Your amygdala, part of your limbic system, contains rough, emotional memories of events from your past that were particularly vivid, and matches those events to what you are seeing / hearing / sensing. Those sensory signals are also going to the neocortex, the part of the brain that contains, essentially, our human ability to reason. The problem arises when an emotional response is stimulated by the amygdala much faster than a considered, reasoned response from the neocortex. For example, people suggest you count to 10 before responding when you are angry. That is to give your neocortex time to respond in a more sophisticated way.

The instant, emotional response would have been essential for the survival of our distant mammalian ancestors, but it is often an impediment for us as highly social animals. I am sure this hijacking by the amygdala is a significant basis for many murders, the ones where people “see red” then act impulsively, as so often is the case in domestic homicide.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 19 2011,11:29)
    stu

This is one that definitely needs rewording.  I’m completely lost as to what you mean.  As you can appreciate, the wording is everything.

in brief what is the history from the time men stood up and where men and there achievement until today ,including there reasons to existence if any

Pierre

Here is a good place to start:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_evolution

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 781 through 800 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account