Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,14:29)
    stu

You cannot decide that facts of history do not apply to you

and why not i may ask?

all your recorded history is not older than mine ,only as long as men have been on earth,right

it does not matter what those monkey are saying they were not there to see it ,and so imagine the story for the unknown (millions of years ago)

if you believe the monkey business  then I am entitled to my believe as well what is not monkey but man, human

Pierre

Once again you adopt this idiotic position of denying the possibility of knowing what happened millions of years ago.

All I can say is do not be tempted to commit a crime on the basis that you don't think scientists can work out what happened if they were not there to see it.

Have you never watched CSI?

Stuart

princess
    Participant

T,

finding similiarities in religion is not uncommon.

Stuart said,

it is fine for you to see christianity as a better way of doing things than other ways, and I would have to agree

who would of thought………….

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 12 2011,21:31)

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,14:10)
    stu

and islam 6 century AD

I realise all that.  I think you should have been directing that material to princess, as it was not me that raised the point.

However, since you have invited me in to your discussion with princess, it is pretty obvious that most religion existed before Judaism.  If we take the approximate dates of the mythical Abraham early in the second millennium BCE as a generous starting point, then the Abrahamic religions have only existed for the last 2% of the history of the species homo sapiens.  

The way humans buried their dead indicate the likelihood of religious observance, and there is no question that burial was accompanied by spiritual rituals 30,000 years ago.  There is also some evidence that it was happening 300,000 years ago in our ancestor species.

Stuart

stu

there is no evidence of people living before about 6000 years
    show the evidence not bla bla bla It is not because some have a doctors degree in whatever dicipline they do not have a degree in honesty and truth

so evidence material.

Pierre

ho,monkeys do not have ceremony for there dead the lion eat them

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (princess @ July 12 2011,21:38)
    T,

Stuart said,

it is fine for you to see christianity as a better way of doing things than other ways, and I would have to agree

princess

i know that but what i say is that those religion have copy from the Jewish religion

Stu
    Participant

Quote (princess @ July 12 2011,14:38)
    T,

Stuart said,

Mumbling to your Imaginary Friend and asking for your responsibilities to be removed from you though a human sacrifice that probably never happened is better than involving yourself in gang warfare on the street.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 12 2011,21:34)

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,14:29)
    stu

You cannot decide that facts of history do not apply to you

and why not i may ask?

all your recorded history is not older than mine ,only as long as men have been on earth,right

it does not matter what those monkey are saying they were not there to see it ,and so imagine the story for the unknown (millions of years ago)

if you believe the monkey business  then I am entitled to my believe as well what is not monkey but man, human

Pierre

Once again you adopt this idiotic position of denying the possibility of knowing what happened millions of years ago.

All I can say is do not be tempted to commit a crime on the basis that you don't think scientists can work out what happened if they were not there to see it.

Stuart

stu

Once again you adopt this idiotic position of denying the possibility of knowing what happened millions of years ago

you to are adopting a idiotic position and denying your creator and maker ,who try to give you the possibility to live millions of years

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

yes i did

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 12 2011,21:54)

Quote (princess @ July 12 2011,14:38)
    T,

Stuart said,

Mumbling to your Imaginary Friend and asking for your responsibilities to be removed from you though a human sacrifice that probably never happened is better than involving yourself in gang warfare on the street.

Stuart

stu ,princess

well a human will always do better than monkeys ,NO?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,14:49)

stu

and islam 6 century AD

I realise all that.  I think you should have been directing that material to princess, as it was not me that raised the point.

However, since you have invited me in to your discussion with princess, it is pretty obvious that most religion existed before Judaism.  If we take the approximate dates of the mythical Abraham early in the second millennium BCE as a generous starting point, then the Abrahamic religions have only existed for the last 2% of the history of the species homo sapiens.  

The way humans buried their dead indicate the likelihood of religious observance, and there is no question that burial was accompanied by spiritual rituals 30,000 years ago.  There is also some evidence that it was happening 300,000 years ago in our ancestor species.

Stuart

stu

show the evidence not bla bla bla It is not because some have a doctors degree in whatever dicipline they do not have a degree in honesty and truth

so evidence material.

Pierre

How can you know humans only go back 6000 years if you weren't there to see them?

Anyway, here is some evidence:

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2005/02/050223122209.htm

The dating of the volcanic ash can be done independently by potassium-argon radiometric dating, and thermoluminescence dating.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 12 2011,22:17)

stu

and islam 6 century AD

Stuart

stu

so evidence material.

Pierre

How can you know humans only go back 6000 years if you weren't there to see them?

The dating of the volcanic ash can be done independently by potassium-argon radiometric dating, and thermoluminescence dating.

Stuart

stu

Brown says potassium-argon dating shows that a layer of ash no more than 10 feet (3 meters) below Omo I's and Omo II's burial place is 196,000 years old, give or take 2,000 years. Another layer is 104,000 years old. It is almost 160 feet (50 meters) above the layer that yielded the Omo humans. The unconformities represent periods of time when rock was eroded, so the fossils must be much older than the 104,000-year-old layer and close in age to the 196,000-year-old layer, Brown says.

yeah BROWN SAYS ,AND BRROWN SAYS

YOU KNOW MANY CIGARETTE MAKER CEO `S SWORD THAT CIGARETTE DOES NOT GIVE CANCER,

MAN TO ME IS A LIAR ,weak and cheap maybe because he comes from a monkey ?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,15:31)

stu

and islam 6 century AD

Stuart

stu

so evidence material.

Pierre

Stuart

stu

Brown says potassium-argon dating shows that a layer of ash no more than 10 feet (3 meters) below Omo I's and Omo II's burial place is 196,000 years old, give or take 2,000 years. Another layer is 104,000 years old. It is almost 160 feet (50 meters) above the layer that yielded the Omo humans. The unconformities represent periods of time when rock was eroded, so the fossils must be much older than the 104,000-year-old layer and close in age to the 196,000-year-old layer, Brown says.

yeah  BROWN SAYS ,AND BRROWN SAYS

YOU KNOW MANY CIGARETTE MAKER  CEO `S SWORD THAT CIGARETTE DOES NOT GIVE CANCER,

Pierre

So I take it you have no real objection to the evidence presented.

How could you? You don't even understand the evidence.

Stuart

princess
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,14:51)
    princess

i know that but what i say is that those religion have copy from the Jewish religion

no T they did not. to worship a single god was unheard of in ancient times, there was a god for everything, a ritual and tradition to go with each god.

you could almost compare it to the modern catholic church, they have just replaced gods with saints, even keeping female deity, mary.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 12 2011,23:08)

stu

and islam 6 century AD

Stuart

stu

so evidence material.

Pierre

Stuart

stu

YOU KNOW MANY CIGARETTE MAKER  CEO `S SWORD THAT CIGARETTE DOES NOT GIVE CANCER,

Pierre

How could you?  You don't even understand the evidence.

Stuart

stu

if you can not trust the messenger then you can not trust the message

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,17:04)

Quote (Stu @ July 12 2011,23:08)

stu

and islam 6 century AD

Stuart

stu

so evidence material.

Pierre

Stuart

stu

Pierre

How could you?  You don't even understand the evidence.

Stuart

stu

if you can not trust the messenger then you can not trust the message

That is a libelous accusation, and so why should you not expect to be summonsed to a court to provide evidence that these scientists are lying about the evidence they published in a peer-reviewed journal?

Do you have evidence they are unreliable?

It is the case actually that professional scientists have an unwritten social contract with the public to provide the best quality of evidence and the least biased possible interpretation of it, and the peer review system is the check against those who know enough about the subject material to be able to criticise the work closely, and I understand some of that peer reviewing can be pretty critical when work is not quite up to the mark.

On the other hand, you posted stuff from a website written by people who have no such contract with the public for honesty and integrity. They can publish whatever they like with impunity, and they published simplistic credulous nonsense which you gave more weight to than the real, double-checked, evidence-based science I have showed you.

So, either provide evidence that these scientists have been dishonest, or retract the allegation.

Stuart

terraricca
    Participant

stu

did you know this man?

Nikola Tesla (Serbian: Никола Тесла; 10 July 1856 – 7 January 1943) was an inventor, mechanical engineer, and electrical engineer. He was an important contributor to the birth of commercial electricity, and is best known for his many revolutionary developments in the field of electromagnetism in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. Tesla's patents and theoretical work formed the basis of modern alternating current (AC) electric power systems, including the polyphase system of electrical distribution and the AC motor. This work helped usher in the Second Industrial Revolution.

Born an ethnic Serb in the village of Smiljan (now part of Gospić), in the Croatian Military Frontier[1] of the Austrian Empire (modern-day Croatia), Tesla was a subject of the Austrian Empire by birth and later became an American citizen.[2] Because of his 1894 demonstration of wireless communication through radio and as the eventual victor in the “War of Currents”, he was widely respected as one of the greatest electrical engineers who worked in America.[3] He pioneered modern electrical engineering and many of his discoveries were of groundbreaking importance. In the United States during this time, Tesla's fame rivaled that of any other inventor or scientist in history or popular culture.[4] Tesla demonstrated wireless energy transfer to power electronic devices as early as 1893, and aspired to intercontinental wireless transmission of industrial power in his unfinished Wardenclyffe Tower project.

Because of his eccentric personality and his seemingly unbelievable and sometimes bizarre claims about possible scientific and technological developments, Tesla was ultimately ostracized and regarded as a mad scientist by many late in his life.[5] Tesla died with little money at the age of 86 in a hotel suite in New York City.[6]

The SI unit measuring magnetic field B (also referred to as the magnetic flux density and magnetic induction), the tesla, was named in his honor (at the CGPM, Paris, 1960).

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (princess @ July 12 2011,23:36)

princess

no T they did not. to worship a single god was unheard of in ancient times, there was a god for everything, a ritual and tradition to go with each god.

you could almost compare it to the modern catholic church, they have just replaced gods with saints, even keeping female deity, mary.

princess

you would be right if the truth of God was observed in Israel at all times

but it did not ,that nation have worshiped other Gods than Jehovah

and they add idole stakes i forgot the name of it,

so now let see if a traveler with his own intention and research of wisdom would not pick up for him self according to his own inclinations ,and go back to his country and now start preaching that new mixed of his,

did not Constantin 1 of Rome do that,?

did not Mohammad do that?

and many many others

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

Darwin formulated his idea of natural selection in 1838 and was still developing his theory in 1858 when Alfred Russel Wallace sent him a similar theory and both were presented to the Linnean Society of London in separate papers.[23] At the end of 1859, Darwin's publication of On the Origin of Species explained natural selection in detail and presented evidence leading to increasingly wide acceptance of

it is a theory not a science ,they still working ad it ,

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,21:11)
    stu

Darwin formulated his idea of natural selection in 1838 and was still developing his theory in 1858 when Alfred Russel Wallace sent him a similar theory and both were presented to the Linnean Society of London in separate papers.[23] At the end of 1859, Darwin's publication of On the Origin of Species explained natural selection in detail and presented evidence leading to increasingly wide acceptance of

it is a theory  not a  science ,they still working ad it  ,

Pierre

If only you had looked at the Wikipedia page on the word theory, you might not have made that mistake:

“A common distinction sometimes made in science is between theories and hypotheses, with the former being considered as satisfactorily tested or proven and the latter used to denote conjectures or proposed descriptions or models which have not yet been tested or proven to the same standard.”

But of course “they” are still working on it. That's because it works already.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

By the way, how is that retraction of your accusation of lying going?

Stuart

princess
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 12 2011,20:42)

Quote (princess @ July 12 2011,23:36)

princess

princess

you would be right if the truth of God was observed in Israel at all times

but it did not ,that nation have worshiped other Gods than Jehovah

and they add idole  stakes i forgot the name of it,

so now let see if a traveler with his own intention and research of wisdom would not pick up for him self according to his own inclinations ,and go back to his country and now start preaching that new mixed of his,

did not Constantin 1 of Rome do that,?

did not Mohammad do that?

and many many others

Pierre

T,

origins are a favorite past time of mine. tis all in what you believe. if you believe religion started with judaism then alright. i tend to favour a bit further back.

there is usually 'the highest god' one that rules over other gods, god bearing children with humans ect. ect.

i do agree though that travelers taking their tales back to cities to form a new religion, you mention mo, constatine, i think it fair to add paul to the list also.

take care T

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account