Christians and muslims believe the same thing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 1,105 total)
  • Author
    terraricca
    Participant

stu

and I can add Rene Descartes, Braise Pasquale, Homer , Plato ,Socrates ,Thomas Aquinas ,Voltaire ,Zola, Nietzsche, Gibran Cahill,Machavelli, and many others,

Interesting list. Are you confident Homer and Socrates actually existed?

actually I do not care if they live or not ,I am only interested in what they have said and the usefulness to me to understand my world ,

all is toughs food for the mind,all other food is for the animal part :D

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

You see Stuart ,what I did when I start to study the bible ,I at first did not believe it ,but for me the formula that I put in my mind was this ;IF THERE IS A GOD ,THEN ALL WHAT HE SAYS AND DO WOULD HAVE TO APPLY NOT TO A GROUP OF PERSONS BUT ON AND TO ALL MANKIND, and so all his laws ordinances and wisdom ,would under no condition CHANGE IN TIME.

This was my challenge to all my written readings and talks.

There is the problem. You didn’t question the absurd assumption you are making. Your treatment has been lacking.

please could explain ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

And after about ten years I came to the conclusion that not one men as survived my line of questions ,This is why i told you if you agree the words that say ,ALL IS VANITY ALL IS MEANNINGLESS ;SEE men is the only one that can think on this THE MEANING OF LIVE IT SELF,

What do you mean by “the meaning of life”?

if i can ask what is the meaning of live ,so i need the answer,if there is no answer then we are in the absurd because we would have develop useless abilities,what are not doing nothing good for us.

what you think ?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

stu

I think so. I still have no idea what you think a god is, or what you think the alternative is to just dying. I won’t believe you without evidence, and I don’t think anyone should believe you without evidence.

How about you cash a cheque for me, for $100,000. I will pay you back once we have both passed over into the afterlife. Now I understand your mythology would reject the idea of money in whatever you think happens after death, but would you take up that offer just for a bet?

If not, why not?

Stuart
    ——————————————————————————–

before I can answer you please answer this question;what is men ? a animal or and intellectual animal ,or……………………..?

Pierre

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 08 2011,06:10)
    stu

and I can add Rene Descartes, Braise Pasquale, Homer , Plato ,Socrates  ,Thomas Aquinas ,Voltaire ,Zola, Nietzsche, Gibran Cahill,Machavelli, and many others,  

Interesting list.  Are you confident Homer and Socrates actually existed?

actually I do not care if they live or not ,I am only interested  in what they have said and the usefulness to me to understand my world ,

Pierre

Indeed, the idea is the thing. Is that not the same with Jesus? It does not matter whether he existed, it is what others claim he said that gets you halfway from the streets to an ethical worldview.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 08 2011,06:12)
    stu

You see Stuart ,what I did when I start  to study the bible ,I at first did not believe it ,but for me the formula that I put in my mind was this ;IF THERE IS A GOD ,THEN ALL WHAT HE SAYS AND DO WOULD HAVE TO APPLY NOT TO A GROUP OF PERSONS BUT ON AND TO ALL MANKIND, and so all his laws ordinances  and wisdom ,would under no condition CHANGE  IN TIME.

There is the problem.  You didn’t question the absurd assumption you are making.  Your treatment has been lacking.

please could explain ?

Pierre

What “IF THERE IS NOT A GOD”?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 08 2011,06:17)
    stu

And after about ten years I came to the conclusion that not one men as survived my line of questions ,This is why i told you  if you agree the  words that say ,ALL IS VANITY ALL IS MEANNINGLESS ;SEE  men is the only one that can think on this THE MEANING OF LIVE IT SELF,

if i can ask what is the meaning of live ,so i need the answer,if there is no answer then we are in the absurd because we would have develop useless abilities,what are not doing nothing good for us.

what you think ?

Pierre

I hope you decided what the meaning of your life is. I decide mine.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 08 2011,06:22)
    stu

I think so.  I still have no idea what you think a god is, or what you think the alternative is to just dying.  I won’t believe you without evidence, and I don’t think anyone should believe you without evidence.

How about you cash a cheque for me, for $100,000.  I will pay you back once we have both passed over into the afterlife.  Now I understand your mythology would reject the idea of money in whatever you think happens after death, but would you take up that offer just for a bet?

If not, why not?

Stuart

before I can answer you please answer this question;what is men ? a animal or and intellectual animal ,or……………………..?

Pierre

Men are the males of the species homo sapiens. We are animals (because we are not plants or protists or fungi or bacteria or amoeba). We are African great apes, most closely related to chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas (the other African apes), and orangutans (the Asian great apes). Other great apes also pass the self-recognition mirror test.

We are intelligent, but so are cetaceans. Domestic cats are about as intelligent as 3 year old humans.

Stuart

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 08 2011,06:41)

stu

I think so.  I still have no idea what you think a god is, or what you think the alternative is to just dying.  I won’t believe you without evidence, and I don’t think anyone should believe you without evidence.

How about you cash a cheque for me, for $100,000.  I will pay you back once we have both passed over into the afterlife.  Now I understand your mythology would reject the idea of money in whatever you think happens after death, but would you take up that offer just for a bet?

If not, why not?

Stuart

Pierre

Men are the males of the species homo sapiens.  We are animals (because we are not plants or protists or fungi or bacteria or amoeba).  We are African great apes, most closely related to chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas (the other African apes), and orangutans (the Asian great apes).  Other great apes also pass the self-recognition mirror test.

We are intelligent, but so are cetaceans.  Domestic cats are about as intelligent as 3 year old humans.  

Stuart

The difference between Animals and Humans is that Humans possess Creative intelligence animals do not they cannot make far off future plans or recreate technologies. God Creates Man Recreates and animals Animate

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 08 2011,13:35)

Quote (terraricca @ July 08 2011,06:10)
    stu

and I can add Rene Descartes, Braise Pasquale, Homer , Plato ,Socrates  ,Thomas Aquinas ,Voltaire ,Zola, Nietzsche, Gibran Cahill,Machavelli, and many others,  

Interesting list.  Are you confident Homer and Socrates actually existed?

actually I do not care if they live or not ,I am only interested  in what they have said and the usefulness to me to understand my world ,

Pierre

Indeed, the idea is the thing.  Is that not the same with Jesus?  It does not matter whether he existed, it is what others claim he said that gets you halfway from the streets to an ethical worldview.

Stuart

stu

yes it is with all things ether math,science ,God,history ect

but we as individual sort things out ,right ?

stings like killing,stealing,goodness ,love ,sex,ect
    what make us make those choices ?what you think?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 08 2011,13:36)

stu

You see Stuart ,what I did when I start  to study the bible ,I at first did not believe it ,but for me the formula that I put in my mind was this ;IF THERE IS A GOD ,THEN ALL WHAT HE SAYS AND DO WOULD HAVE TO APPLY NOT TO A GROUP OF PERSONS BUT ON AND TO ALL MANKIND, and so all his laws ordinances  and wisdom ,would under no condition CHANGE  IN TIME.

There is the problem.  You didn’t question the absurd assumption you are making.  Your treatment has been lacking.

please could explain ?

Pierre

Stuart

stu

this is not the absurd until we prove it that it is,

but is we go into the intellectual world and see what men as accomplished is it not amazing what as been done in the past 100 years there was more accomplished in the past 100 years than in the past 5000 years I would say.

what you think?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 08 2011,06:17)
    stu

And after about ten years I came to the conclusion that not one men as survived my line of questions ,This is why i told you  if you agree the  words that say ,ALL IS VANITY ALL IS MEANNINGLESS ;SEE  men is the only one that can think on this THE MEANING OF LIVE IT SELF,

what you think ?

Pierre

I hope you decided what the meaning of your life is.  I decide mine.

Stuart

stu

the meaning of live it self is not related to you or me but to the reasons that we as humans live ,like why we die?,why we live? ,why are we happy?, why are we sad?,why are we mad?,why are we fighting ????????????????ect

so those are my questions ,NO ANIMAL AS EVER ANSWERED THOSE QUESTION ,or did they?

Pierre

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 08 2011,13:41)

stu

If not, why not?

Stuart

Pierre

Men are the males of the species homo sapiens.  We are animals (because we are not plants or protists or fungi or bacteria or amoeba).  We are African great apes, most closely related to chimpanzees, bonobos, gorillas (the other African apes), and orangutans (the Asian great apes).  Other great apes also pass the self-recognition mirror test.

We are intelligent, but so are cetaceans.  Domestic cats are about as intelligent as 3 year old humans.  

Stuart

stu

ok,let s go your way,tell me wen did it start that men became man from animals(apes),and wen did it stopped that men became men from animals ,????

Pierre

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 08 2011,05:48)

Thank you for pointing that out, Ed.  No, bats do not come from dinosaurs, but the bible implies that they do.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Where do you believe “bats” came from?

FALSE; the bible says God created everything!

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 07 2011,17:04)

Quote (942767 @ July 07 2011,12:04)

Quote (Stu @ July 05 2011,16:42)

Quote (942767 @ July 05 2011,11:33)
    Hi Stu:

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The egg.

Stuart

Spoken like a true “Agnostic”.

No, you've lost me there.

Please explain?

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Where did the “egg” come from? Maybe from the creator of the Universe?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Stu
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ July 08 2011,07:06)
    The difference between Animals and Humans is that Humans possess Creative intelligence animals do not they cannot make far off future plans or recreate technologies. God Creates Man Recreates and animals Animate

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/7928996.stm
    http://network.bestfriends.org/1709/news.aspx
    http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/notrock….-future

So much for that theory.

Got any other stuff you just reckon might be true?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 08 2011,07:13)

stu

please could explain ?

Pierre

Stuart

stu

this is not the absurd until we prove it that it is,

but is we go into the intellectual world and see what men as accomplished is it not amazing what as been done in the past 100 years there was more accomplished in the past 100 years than in the past 5000 years I would say.

what you think?

Pierre

Do you have an answer to my point that your treatment has been poor, in that you have based your argument on the assumed existence of an Imaginary Friend that prima facie does not exist?

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (942767 @ July 08 2011,12:30)

Quote (Stu @ July 07 2011,17:04)

Quote (942767 @ July 07 2011,12:04)

Quote (Stu @ July 05 2011,16:42)

Quote (942767 @ July 05 2011,11:33)
    Hi Stu:

What came first, the chicken or the egg?

Love in Christ,
    Marty

The egg.

Stuart

Spoken like a true “Agnostic”.

No, you've lost me there.

Please explain?

Stuart

Hi Stu:

Where did the “egg” come from?  Maybe from the creator of the Universe?  

Love in Christ,
    Marty

Maybe from the Flying Spaghetti Monster (bhna) too.

Or Zeus, or Chaos and Eros?

Could have been any of these creators of the universe.

Or not.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ July 08 2011,08:46)

Quote (Stu @ July 08 2011,05:48)

Thank you for pointing that out, Ed.  No, bats do not come from dinosaurs, but the bible implies that they do.

Stuart

Hi Stuart,

Where do you believe “bats” came from?

FALSE; the bible says God created everything!

Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Like I said earlier, you obviously don't know anything about science.

Otherwise you would not make such an inane remark.

Christianity: the religion for those who don't want to have to think about anything to any great depth.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ July 08 2011,07:21)
    I hope you decided what the meaning of your life is.  I decide mine.

Stuart[/quote]
    stu

the meaning of live it self is not related to you or me but to the reasons that we as humans live ,like why we die?,why we live? ,why are we happy?, why are we sad?,why are we mad?,why are we fighting ????????????????ect

so those are my questions ,NO ANIMAL AS EVER ANSWERED THOSE QUESTION ,or did they?

Pierre

I disagree that the meaning of life consists of those questions.

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 541 through 560 (of 1,105 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account