Christianity is Hopelessly Confused

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 341 through 351 (of 351 total)
  • Author
    Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

Always only with partial truths huh?

Zion was plowed as a field alright, but that is NOT the end of the story.

”and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof” (Jer 30:18)

“Our soul is escaped as a bird out of the snare of the fowlers: the snare is broken, and we are escaped.

Our help is in the name of [The LORD JEHOVAH], who made heaven and earth. They that trust in the
    LORD shall be as mount Zion, which cannot be removed, but abideth for ever.” (Psalms 124:7-125:1)

NickHassan
    Participant

hi BD,

So because you find disharmony among men you think you can add in what is obviously of men?

No . You speak with the voice of a stranger.

Ed J
    Participant

@EDJ

Princess, islam is antichrist

Then you do not believe the Bible

1 John 4:2
    Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Does Islam confess that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh?

Yes BD, but trying to turn a half truth into a lie will not work!
    Jesus Christ is the “Son of God” – to deny this is ANTICHRIST!

“Who is a liar but he that denieth that Jesus is the Christ?
    He is antichrist, that denieth the Father and the Son.” (1 John 2:22)

Is 1John 2:22 true “yes” or “no”?

“What is his name, and what is his son’s name, if thou canst tell?” (Prov 30:4)
    “Add thou not unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar.” (Prov 30:6)

Ed J
    Participant

Is 1John 2:22 true BD? “Yes” or “No”?

bodhitharta
    Participant

1:John 2:22 is certainly true if you can comprehend what it is saying, because the point of the verse is that Jesus is Christ,
    there is no such thing as anti-son or anti-father but there is something called anti-Christ and that can only be so when a person rejects Jesus as Christ

There is no such thing as rejecting Jesus as the son of God that stands alone because the term son of God is a “saying” where as Christ is an actual title

The book of James leaves out the entire father/son dynamic and I’m sure you would agree that it is not an anti-Christ book

bodhitharta
    Participant

In the Bible no one was waiting for the Son of God, they were waiting for the Messiah/Christ when they recognized him they called him son of David and other Godly titles

Ed J
    Participant

Hi BD,

There’s the islamic dilemma in a nutshell.

You claim Scripture is correct, and at the same
    time you try to discredit what it actually says.

Do you believe this verse is true as well…

“Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and
    blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven
    . (Matt 16:16-17)

bodhitharta
    Participant

@EDJ

Hi BD,

There’s the islamic dilemma in a nutshell.

You claim Scripture is correct, and at the same
    time you try to discredit what it actually says.

Do you believe this verse is true as well…

“Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and
    blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. (Matt 16:16-17)

The claim that all scripture is correct includes the claim that some of the scripture is incorrect in other words the Quran confirms what it says about the Bible. Consider the fact that Jesus himself has disputes with the scribes and in Jeremiah it tells you plainly the “lying pen of the scribes” Jesus also said in the scriptures it says “ye are gods” and his point was, they are not gods. So the Quran confirms all what came before it and what they did with the scriptures they were given and that is what the confirmation is:

When it is said to them, “Believe in what Allah Hath sent down, “they say, “We believe in what was sent down to us:” yet they reject all besides, even if it be Truth confirming what is with them. Say: “Why then have ye slain the prophets of Allah in times gone by, if ye did indeed believe?”

( سورة البقرة , Al-Baqara, Chapter #2, Verse #91)

To thee We sent the Scripture in truth, confirming the scripture that came before it, and guarding it in safety: so judge between them by what Allah hath revealed, and follow not their vain desires, diverging from the Truth that hath come to thee. To each among you have we prescribed a law and an open way. If Allah had so willed, He would have made you a single people, but (His plan is) to test you in what He hath given you: so strive as in a race in all virtues. The goal of you all is to Allah; it is He that will show you the truth of the matters in which ye dispute;

( سورة المائدة , Al-Maeda, Chapter #5, Verse #48)

There is, in their stories, instruction for men endued with understanding. It is not a tale invented, but a confirmation of what went before it,- a detailed exposition of all things, and a guide and a mercy to any such as believe.

( سورة يوسف , Yusuf, Chapter #12, Verse #111)

UMB5
    Participant

@bd

Thank you for explaining.  I understand your reasoning about Jesus saying is it not written “ye are gods”…yet they are not gods…so Jesus himself was saying all that is written is not true.  (I think that was your reasoning, I apologize if I misunderstood)..But remember here Jesus is addressing the charge of blasphemy. He is actually quoting Psalms 82. At Psalms 82 there were judges that God actually condemned for their unjust ways, yet they were referred to as ‘gods’; so he continues and says that “those ones were against him and that the scriptures can not be nullified” (john 10:35)   than how can they say to him “you blaspheme”  so he is addressing the charge by showing them how unreasonable it is to charge him with blasphemy when it is written in the scriptures which can not be reversed or nullified there are those who are being called “gods” ( Pslams 82).. yet he is being charged with blasphemy for saying he is Gods Son. He’s defending himself using scriptures; not digging himself deeper by saying the scriptures aren’t true. That would not make sense for him to do here. That would be further blasphemy. Right?

bodhitharta
    Participant

@bd

Thank you for explaining. I understand your reasoning about Jesus saying is it not written “ye are gods”…yet they are not gods…so Jesus himself was saying all that is written is not true. (I think that was your reasoning, I apologize if I misunderstood)..But remember here Jesus is addressing the charge of blasphemy. He is actually quoting Psalms 82. At Psalms 82 there were judges that God actually condemned for their unjust ways, yet they were referred to as ‘gods’; so he continues and says that “those ones were against him and that the scriptures can not be nullified” (john 10:35) than how can they say to him “you blaspheme” so he is addressing the charge by showing them how unreasonable it is to charge him with blasphemy when it is written in the scriptures which can not be reversed or nullified there are those who are being called “gods” ( Pslams 82).. yet he is being charged with blasphemy for saying he is Gods Son. He’s defending himself using scriptures; not digging himself deeper by saying the scriptures aren’t true. That would not make sense for him to do here. That would be further blasphemy. Right?

Notice Jesus says “Is it not written in your law” this is clear he is disowning the statement just as when he says: Mark 12:35
    And Jesus answered and said, while he taught in the temple, How say the scribes that Christ is the Son of David?….
    Once again he refers to a statement that the scribes say and then corrects them, he even tells them: Mark 12:24
    And Jesus answering said unto them, Do ye not therefore err, because ye know not the scriptures, neither the power of God?

There are several places where he calls the scribes unrighteous The Quran confirms that they would often move things around and some of this is very clear such as when the scriptures calls Isaac, Abrahams ONLY son Genesis 22:2
    And he said, Take now thy son, thine only son Isaac, whom thou lovest, and get thee into the land of Moriah; and offer him there for a burnt offering upon one of the mountains which I will tell thee of.

Now many will give all sorts of reasons for it but clearly it is not true and the Bible explains why it is not true and that the real firstborn should never be excluded in any way it is actually unlawful but the scribes write what they want…I will show you the verse of proof if you wish

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi ED,

“Simon Peter answered and said, <span class=”bbcode-color” style=”color: black;”>Thou art the Christ, <strong class=”bbcode-strong”>the Son of the living God</span>.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, <span class=”bbcode-color” style=”color: black;”>Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and
    blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but <strong class=”bbcode-strong”>my Father which is in heaven</span>. (Matt 16:16-17)

Yes God is in heaven but by the Holy Spirit He teaches those in Christ

Viewing 11 posts - 341 through 351 (of 351 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account