Charles' Jesus is God Proof Texts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,036 total)
  • Author
    mikeangel
    Participant

Jesus is never called the “Alpha and Omega”.  That is said only about Jesus' own God.-MIkeboll

How can you say this? I don't understand you typing this as much as you read the Bible. He calls himself this several times.

——————————————————————————–
    Revelation 1:17 When I saw him, I fell at his feet as though dead. Then he placed his right hand on me and said: “Do not be afraid. I am the First and the Last.
    Revelation 2:8 “To the angel of the church in Smyrna write: These are the words of him who is the First and the Last, who died and came to life again.
    Revelation 3:14 “To the angel of the church in Laodicea write: These are the words of the Amen, the faithful and true witness, the ruler of God's creation.
    Revelation 21:6 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.

This is Jesus speaking in Revalations. How can you say he didn't say this about himself?

mikeangel
    Participant

Also I found searching this that it is also prophesied in earlier Scripture about the Almighty, showing they are one.

Isaiah 41:4 Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD–with the first of them and with the last–I am he.”
    Isaiah 44:6 “This is what the LORD says–Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
    Isaiah 48:12 “Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

They are one in the same being. Testified to by Isaiah.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 07 2011,22:01)

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 07 2011,10:33)
    Charles,
    Humbly speaking like you said, the only way I believe I will totally and deeply understand God is when I die.      Peace and love-Mark  :)

Mark, I agree :)
    I think trying to put God into human words, is impossible. I know God is love.

I know it too. Love is everything, nothing else even comes close. Peace sister. Love, Mark

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 07 2011,23:37)

Charles,
    Humbly speaking like you said, the only way I believe I will totally and deeply understand God is when I die.      Peace and love-Mark  :)

I know it too. Love is everything, nothing else even comes close. Peace sister. Love, Mark

Mikeangel,

Mercy is the bigest virtue.

peace and love in Jesus Christ

Charles

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 08 2011,00:34)
    Also I found searching this that it is also prophesied in earlier Scripture about the Almighty, showing they are one.

Isaiah 41:4 Who has done this and carried it through, calling forth the generations from the beginning? I, the LORD–with the first of them and with the last–I am he.”
    Isaiah 44:6 “This is what the LORD says–Israel's King and Redeemer, the LORD Almighty: I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God.
    Isaiah 48:12 “Listen to me, O Jacob, Israel, whom I have called: I am he; I am the first and I am the last.

They are one in the same being. Testified to by Isaiah.

I believe this is because Jesus was the word of God, the spokeperson, who appeared to man and represented God throughout the Old Testement.  No-one had ever seen God, nor heard his voice.  This was when Jesus was a spirit.  God is spirit.  So…. it's a bit different to anything we could comprehend.  Two that are as close as one, one as the spokesperson, –the word — 2:49am, guess I should get some sleep.

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 07 2011,12:56)

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 06 2011,15:06)
    Mike,

Could you tell us how God Himself could be all of these following things?

Son OF God
    Prophet OF God
    Priest OF God
    Servant OF God
    Sacrificial Lamb OF God
    Word/Spokesman OF God
    Angel OF God
    Anointed one OF God

How can you convince yourself that god cannot be not just the above but also whatever entity He feels like to be without losing the least of His divinity, since scriptures says this:

Luke 10:22 NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE SON IS ,AND NO ONE KNOWS WHO THE FATHER IS

Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

Charles

Are you kidding, Charles?  All those things OF God that Jesus is, and your response is to imply that it would be NORMAL for God to be the Servant Of Himself?  Or the Priest OF Himself?  Of the Son OF Himself?  ???

Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him.

1.  WHO is it that DELIVERED all things TO Jesus?  And why would God Almighty need someone to GIVE him anything?

2.  Your scripture says that no one knows “Person A” except for “Person B”, and vice versa.  To me, that adds up to TWO persons, not ONE.  

Which ONE of those TWO persons does scripture say is our “ONE God”?  (1 Cor 8:6)

Which ONE of those TWO persons does Jesus say is our “ONLY true God”?  (John 17:3)

Which ONE of those TWO persons does our Lord say is “my God and your God”?  (John 20:17)

3.  Since Jesus AND the ones to whom Jesus reveals the Father know who the Father is, are they ALL “God Almighty” then?

Charles, how does your scripture claim that Jesus is God?  I don't see your point or the connection.

peace,
    mike

]Luke 10:22 All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the Son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the Son, and he to whom the Son will reveal him. [/b]

1.  WHO is it that DELIVERED all things TO Jesus?  And why would God Almighty need someone to GIVE him anything?

Ok Mike,

First I will repeat that NO one knows who the father is and no one knows who the Son is.

But it seams to me that you are a person,WITH EVERYRESPECT with so much pride  that you knows all about God and what God is.

Therefore explain this to me :

What Jesus was referring to in this scripture.

John 16 15 All things whatsoever the Father hath, are mine. Therefore I said, that he shall receive of mine, and shew it to you.  

If you are in the position to define all about God,and stated this:

Also And why would God Almighty need someone to GIVE him anything?

Explain this scripture in Hebrew 10:5 and tell me who prepared a body for the Father to be glorified in??

Wherefore when he cometh into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared me

Definitely not the Father as a spiritual God because He couldn't die among all those human carachteristic which the Father couldn't achieve on His own ,But He achieved them all through Jesus as a carnal God.

So after all God the Father needed a flesh body,not as you stated that He didn't  need someone to give Him anything.

Who glorified the Father??

The Father couldn't glorify on His own!

And the Son needed His Father to be glorified.

Therefore they needed each other to achieve glorification!

So these two persons although they are two different entities,one spiritual,and one carnal they are still divinely one GOD.  

Since we as humans are also carnal and spiritual, and in one body, is it not possible as well for Almighty God to be also spiritual and carnal in Jesus. and remain ONE ALMIGHTY GOD WITH THE POWER OF THE HOLY SPIRIT???

Almighty God through Jesus owns a SPIRITUAL FLESH BODY,WHAT HE NEEDED IN ORDER TO POSSESS OUR CARACHTERISTICS AS HUMANS,TOGETHER WITH HIS CARACHTERISTICS AS SPIRIT,THAT WAY HE THROUGH JESUS MISTICAL BODY, WOULD HAVE THE UTMOST OF OUR GENERAL UNDERSTANDING.

Jeremiah 31. 34And they shall teach no more every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the LORD: for they shall all know me, from the least of them unto the greatest of them, saith the LORD: for I will forgive their iniquity, and I will remember their sin no more.

Peace and Love in Jesus Christ

charles

carmel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 07 2011,10:12)
    charles

Pierre,

God is spirit being,

And Jesus only, is God both spirit and flesh(not like ours thou).

And through this mystery, Almighty God the Father  also owns the flesh since it was through Him that His Son was glorified, and also in the same instant glorified Himself, to prove that they are one God.

Read 32 it says clear enough  :If God be glorified in him,( Jesus) God shall also glorify him(Jesus) in himself, and shall straightway glorify him

So in 31 as soon as God glorify Jesus,

God  also glorify Himself.

So they are both glorified in one instant action.

In 32 If God is glorified in Jesus,

God shall ALSO glorify  Jesus in God.

So Jesus is glorified both as Jesus Son of God and also in the Father.to prove that they are one God. Two in One with the power of the Holy Spirit.

This is very important so when the last day comes and Jesus pass all things to His Father ,He will maintain His spirit in the Father,and also His spirit within all  the entire creation both spiritual and material, because they also become one in themselves.

And here comes John 14:20

At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

So spiritually all creatures although they are within themselves,they are also in Jesus, and since Jesus is in the Father therefore all creatures will be in the Father.

But only when the  spiritual creatures unite with the material creatures to become one ,two in one ,like how Jesus and the Father are two in one this very moment,as they were before creation started,but only as a spirit being in the Father.

14:20 At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.

John 13:31Therefore, when he was gone out, Jesus said, Now is the Son of man glorified, and God is glorified in him.

32 If God be glorified in him, God shall also glorify him in himself, and shall straightway glorify him

John 17:1 These things Jesus spoke, and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said: Father, the hour is come, glorify thy Son, that thy Son may glorify thee.

2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he may give eternal life to all whom thou hast given him.

3 Now this is eternal life: That they may know thee, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

4 I have glorified thee on the earth; I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

5 And now glorify thou me, O Father, with thyself, with the glory which I had, before the world was, with thee.

Charles

And Jesus only, is God both spirit and flesh(not like ours thou).THIS IS A LIE ;YOU THINK TO MUCH OF MEN ,AND NOT UNDERSTAND GOD

:If God be glorified in him,( Jesus) God shall also glorify him(Jesus) in himself, and shall straightway glorify himCOULD YOU TELL ME WHAT IS GOD GLORY AND WHAT IS CHRIST GLORY ???

Pierre,

COULD YOU TELL ME WHAT IS GOD GLORY AND WHAT IS CHRIST GLORY ???                        

Read, reflect and you yourself decide,and I respect your decision!

These words spake Jesus, and lifted up his eyes to heaven, and said, Father, the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that thy Son also may glorify thee:

Now Can you explain what Kind of Glory is this that the Father glorifies His Son and in the same instant glorifies also the Father.

Therefore the Glory is both of the Father and of the Son

2As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him.

3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

So the Father from the glorification onwards,would become the true God ,and Jesus Christ, therefore He will own the Flesh which belong to Jesus Christ apart from His Spirit,also VICE VERSA  from the glorification onwards Jesus would become GOD in FLESH with the power of the Holy Spirit from the Father.

John 16 :15 All things that the Father hath are mine

4I have glorified thee on the earth: I have finished the work which thou gavest me to do.

So Jesus glorified His father first on earth, when in your opinion this process started, when He was born as man, or in Genesis 1:3 when the Father emanated His Son to recreate all our world with the power of the Holy Spirit from the Father.?

5And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

So it was His Father's turn to glorify His Son since His son Glorified the Father on earth first through the work that He did to glorify His FATHER with.  Obviously this work  definitely started in Genesis 1:3.

And what in your opinion the phrase  with thine own self means?

So all the Old testament is the work of the Son on earth with the power of the Holy Spirit from the Father, to glorify the Father.

John 5:17 But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work.

Ok they are one God The Father works in Jesus,and Jesus works through His Father within Himself.

Therefore all scriptures are references to Both the Father and the Son. They were always divinely one GOD. THEY ARE INSEPARABLE.

Therfore the Glory is to both in themselves.

I respect your understanding.

But my risponsibility as a Christian is to show you my understanding in order for you to decide,but not before you pray the Holy Spirit and reflect in depth to eliminate all carnal influences,since we are discussing spiritual matters.

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Charles

What does it mean with your own self?

terraricca
    Participant

Charles

Ok they are one God The Father works in Jesus,and Jesus works through His Father within Himself.

Therefore all scriptures are references to Both the Father and the Son. They were always divinely one GOD. THEY ARE INSEPARABLE.

so you don't know what is the glory of God and of Christ ????right

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 06 2011,11:56)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 06 2011,10:17)
    Hi Charles, Mark, and any other “Jesus is God” believer out there.  

How about a little “tit for tat” here?  It seems that most of my time on HN is spent refuting the claims of the “Jesus is God” people.  It seems that far less time is spent by them refuting the actual scriptures that make it clear Jesus is NOT God.

So I thought it only fair that as we're going through addressing YOUR points, you should also address ours.

Micah 5:4  
    And he will certainly stand and do shepherding in the strength of Jehovah, in the superiority of the name of Jehovah his God.

Why does Jesus, as “God Himself”, have to shepherd the flock in the STRENGTH and NAME of Jehovah, his OWN god?

peace,
    mike

Fair enough. Because his God is his literal father, and he is perfect and holy and God, he will have no God but his Father. The other half of himself. It doesn't mean he isn't worthy or hold the royal authority of God our Father. Like I said before, on earth he was not God the Father. But he was the only part of God given to us as savior and Lord, able to redeem us. What about the other scripture in Micah-
    Micah 7:14 Shepherd your people with your staff, the flock of your inheritance, which lives by itself in a forest, in fertile pasturelands. Let them feed in Bashan and Gilead as in days long ago.

Micah is telling God the Father to sheperd his people, but in the scripture you gave it says that Jesus would do the sheparding. Jesus is the son with the Fathers authority because he is him in human form, exclusively made directly from God, with human requirements of humility and meekness. Since he was perfect he fulfilled them all. He is all in all to everyone, Father (all authority is handed over to him), son, and holy Spirit (he was born of the spirit).  Peace-Mark

Hi Mark,

Do you believe Jesus was 1/2 God and 1/2 human?

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 06 2011,21:44)
    “The word was with God and the word was God” is the Holy Spirit.

Hi Shimmer,

You are correct! (Link)

God bless

carmel
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 08 2011,04:55)
    Charles

Pierre,

please refer to my post again.

I stated that it is the same one glory for both.

Jesus Himself stated IN

JOHN 17:10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine;

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 08 2011,15:11)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 08 2011,04:55)
    Charles

Pierre,

please refer to my post again.

I stated that it is the same one glory for both.

Jesus Himself stated IN

JOHN 17:10And all mine are thine, and thine are mine;

Charles

that s sound like Chinese to me ,so it does not make sense,

1)Ok they are one God The Father works in Jesus,and Jesus works through His Father within Himself.

2)Therefore all scriptures are references to Both the Father and the Son. They were always divinely one GOD. THEY ARE INSEPARABLE.

the item 1 please explain with scriptures

the item 2 is this your opinion ? or scriptural if so where ?

and by the way i never ask you to whom the glory belongs BUT WHAT ARE THOSE TWO GLORY'S ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 06 2011,20:29)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 07 2011,18:41)

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 05 2011,19:52)
    Mike and Mark

sorry but IT IS IMPOSSIBLE FOR GOD TO LIE,

Pierre

Hi Pierre,

I think there is a difference between what God WON'T do and what He CAN'T do.  Jesus said NOTHING was impossible for God.  (Luke 1:37)

peace,
    mike

Mike

Heb 6:18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

I  do not think so won`t does not exist in Gods ways either he does it or he does not
    but wen you are the only truth there is ;then it is impossible for you to lie, is it not ?

Hi Pierre,

I think “impossible” can be taken more than one way.  One way is PHYSICALLY impossible:  It was impossible for the man with no hands to clap.

The other way is more like MENTALLY impossible:  It is impossible for Kim to say no to her mom when she asks for favors.

I think Heb 6:18 describes the latter.  In fact, it would almost HAVE TO describe the latter, or else we would have a contradiction in scripture.

I believe God is plenty CAPABLE of lying; but He just won't do it.

That's my understanding – take it or leave it. :)

peace,
    mike

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Oct. 08 2011,07:19)

How about a little “tit for tat” here?  It seems that most of my time on HN is spent refuting the claims of the “Jesus is God” people.  It seems that far less time is spent by them refuting the actual scriptures that make it clear Jesus is NOT God.

So I thought it only fair that as we're going through addressing YOUR points, you should also address ours.

And he will certainly stand and do shepherding in the strength of Jehovah, in the superiority of the name of Jehovah his God.

Why does Jesus, as “God Himself”, have to shepherd the flock in the STRENGTH and NAME of Jehovah, his OWN god?

peace,
    mike

Fair enough. Because his God is his literal father, and he is perfect and holy and God, he will have no God but his Father. The other half of himself. It doesn't mean he isn't worthy or hold the royal authority of God our Father. Like I said before, on earth he was not God the Father. But he was the only part of God given to us as savior and Lord, able to redeem us. What about the other scripture in Micah-
    Micah 7:14 Shepherd your people with your staff, the flock of your inheritance, which lives by itself in a forest, in fertile pasturelands. Let them feed in Bashan and Gilead as in days long ago.

Micah is telling God the Father to sheperd his people, but in the scripture you gave it says that Jesus would do the sheparding. Jesus is the son with the Fathers authority because he is him in human form, exclusively made directly from God, with human requirements of humility and meekness. Since he was perfect he fulfilled them all. He is all in all to everyone, Father (all authority is handed over to him), son, and holy Spirit (he was born of the spirit).  Peace-Mark

Hi Mark,

God bless

Nope. He was 1 God and 1 human. The LORD is 1. 1X1=1.Peace-Mark

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 06 2011,23:29)

……..which it doesn't work since Jesus created all whatever was created.Even all the spiritual creatures.

………Jesus the creator of all………

Hi Charles,

First, we have to do away with some unscriptural beliefs you have………….like “Jesus created all”.  

Scripture says that God created all THROUGH Jesus.  It doesn't say that Jesus “created” anything at any time.

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 06 2011,23:29)

Through this insight put the Son of God always within the Father as a spirit being like He stated in John 17

John 17 :5 And now, O Father, glorify thou me with thine own self with the glory which I had with thee before the world was.

The scripture you listed doesn't come close to actually saying what you claim it says.  Rather, it says that Jesus, who we know is the Holy Servant of God, had glory alongside his God before the world was.

peace,
    mike

mikeangel
    Participant

Mikeboll,
    You said Jesus never said he was the alpha and the omega. According to the scriptures I posted, what so you say now? Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 08 2011,00:37)

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 07 2011,23:37)

Charles,

Mikeangel,

Mercy is the bigest virtue.

Charles

I respectfully disagree with you. God is Love. Love is paramount to all IMHO. Also I agree with this commentary-

The Apostle Paul said that of the three gifts of God — faith, hope and love — the greatest of these is love (1 Corinthians 13:13). Greek scholar A. T. Robertson says this is because love is the attribute of God (1 John 4:8), because it is the source of faith and hope and because love endures forever, while other spiritual elements cease (1 Corinthians 13:7-8).1 It follows, therefore, that love is also the greatest of Christian virtues.

Love,Mark

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 08 2011,10:16)

peace,
    mike

Hi Mark,

God bless

With the same identical spirit. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 07 2011,05:39)
    He proved that with all the miricles he performed……………

John 10:25
    Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me,

John 10:32
    but Jesus said to them, “I have shown you many great miracles from the Father. For which of these do you stone me?”

John 10:38
    But if I do it, even though you do not believe me, believe the miracles, that you may know and understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.”

John 14:11
    Believe me when I say that I am in the Father and the Father is in me; or at least believe on the evidence of the miracles themselves.

Acts 2:22
    “Men of Israel, listen to this: Jesus of Nazareth was a man accredited by God to you by miracles, wonders and signs, which God did among you through him, as you yourselves know.

It was the God of Jesus who performed the miracles THROUGH Jesus – just as He did through Moses, Samuel, Jeremiah, John, Peter, Paul, etc.

mikeangel
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 08 2011,10:16)

peace,
    mike

Hi Mark,

God bless

By the way, totally God and totally human. That is why his sacrifice saves me. Nothing else could. sacrifice Muhammed, Budda, Mikeboll, non-sinning you (as you claim), me, cows goats lambs etc. etc. They could not suffice. God come in the flesh could and did. Thanks God! :) Love, Mark

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 1,036 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account