Charles' Jesus is God Proof Texts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,036 total)
  • Author

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 22 2011,16:48)

Quote (WorshippingJesus @ Nov. 22 2011,15:23)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 17 2011,10:08)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2011,08:41)
    If Jesus even considered equality WITH God, then he couldn't have BEEN God.  God cannot be “equal to” Himself.

What equals God, if not God only?

Hi Charles

Good point!

Blessings Keith

Hi Keith,

Is the Bible EQUAL TO the Bible?  Is Keith EQUAL TO Keith?

Yep

Is the Bible less than the Bible? Is Keith less than Keith?  Is someone equal to God less than God?

Simple logic!  :D

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Keith cannot possibly be LESS THAN Keith, because Keith IS Keith.

Keith cannot possibly be MORE THAN Keith, because Keith IS Keith.

Keith cannot possbily be EQUAL TO Keith, because Keith IS Keith.

One cannot be compared to or contrasted against THEMSELVES.

If a Hebrew son was considered “equal to” his father, it didn't mean he was the same being as his father, did it Keith?  Did it mean they now shared wives?  Did it mean that if the father built a house before the son was born, the son now gets credit for building that house?

You need to keep your zeal in check; because it is making you look foolish as you grasp for snippets of scripture to twist into saying Jesus is God.

What did Jesus say about it, Keith?  Did HE say he was equal to his Father?  Or did he say his Father was greater than him?

Take THOSE words to heart, Keith.  Because THOSE are the words of the one you call your Lord while refusing to believe him.

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 20 2011,22:00)
    Hey Kerwin,

I obtained my info from the JWs:

There are thousands of copies of the Christian Greek Scriptures in existence today, but most of them were made during or after the fourth century of our Common Era. This suggests a possibility: Did something happen to the text of the Christian Greek Scriptures before the fourth century that resulted in the omission of God’s name? The facts prove that something did

The Name Was There
    We can be sure that the apostle Matthew included God’s name in his Gospel. Why? Because he wrote it originally in Hebrew. In the fourth century, Jerome, who translated the Latin Vulgate, reported: “Matthew, who is also Levi, and who from a publican came to be an apostle, first of all composed a Gospel of Christ in Judaea in the Hebrew language . . . Who translated it after that in Greek is not sufficiently ascertained. Moreover, the Hebrew itself is preserved to this day in the library at Caesarea.”
    Since Matthew wrote in Hebrew, it is inconceivable that he did not use God’s name, especially when quoting from parts of the “Old Testament” that contained the name. However, other writers of the second part of the Bible wrote for a worldwide audience in the international language of that time, Greek. Hence, they did not quote from the original Hebrew writings but from the Septuagint Greek version. And even Matthew’s Gospel was eventually translated into Greek. Would God’s name have appeared in these Greek writings?
    Well, some very old fragments of the Septuagint Version that actually existed in Jesus’ day have survived down to our day, and it is noteworthy that the personal name of God appeared in them. The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (Volume 2, page 512) says: “Recent textual discoveries cast doubt on the idea that the compilers of the LXX [Septuagint] translated the tetragrammaton YHWH by kyrios. The oldest LXX MSS (fragments) now available to us have the tetragrammaton written in Heb[rew] characters in the G[ree]k text. This custom was retained by later Jewish translators of the O[ld] T[estament] in the first centuries A.D.” Therefore, whether Jesus and his disciples read the Scriptures in Hebrew or Greek, they would come across the divine name.
    Thus, Professor George Howard, of the University of Georgia, U.S.A., made this comment: “When the Septuagint which the New Testament church used and quoted contained the Hebrew form of the divine name, the New Testament writers no doubt included the Tetragrammaton in their quotations.” (Biblical Archaeology Review, March 1978, page 14) What authority would they have had to do otherwise?
    God’s name remained in Greek translations of the “Old Testament” for a while longer. In the first half of the second century C.E., the Jewish proselyte Aquila made a new translation of the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek, and in this he represented God’s name by the Tetragrammaton in ancient Hebrew characters. In the third century, Origen wrote: “And in the most accurate manuscripts THE NAME occurs in Hebrew characters, yet not in today’s Hebrew [characters], but in the most ancient ones.”
    Even in the fourth century, Jerome writes in his prologue to the books of Samuel and Kings: “And we find the name of God, the Tetragrammaton [יהוה], in certain Greek volumes even to this day expressed in ancient letters.”

[Box/Pictures on page 26]
     This fragment of the Septuagint (right) dated to the first century C.E. and containing Zechariah 8:19-21 and 8:23–9:4 is in Jerusalem’s Israel Museum. It contains God’s name four times, three of which are indicated here. In the Alexandrine Manuscript (left), a copy of the Septuagint made 400 years later, God’s name has been replaced in those same verses by KY and KC, abbreviated forms of the Greek word Ky′ri‧os (“Lord”)

This info comes from the Watchtower Publication entitled “The Divine Name That Will Endure Forever”.  I cannot show you the photos mentioned in the last paragraph, but I am looking at them right now.  I have a book in which the name of the LXX fragment is named.  I will look for it so that maybe we could find photos and more info by Googling it.

Anyway, it is clear that in the earliest copies of the LXX, the name WAS there in Hebrew letters.  By 500 years later, it was replaced with “kurios” by the translators.

What this means to me is that when Jesus read from the Isaiah scroll in the synagogue, and said this scripture speaks of me, he most likely read and said the Name of God.

That would fit in with him saying he has made God's Name known, IMO.

Anyway, enjoy the info.

mike

Thank you!

mikeangel
    Participant

Charles,

Hey man. I saw your posting on the ancient Hebrew Alphabet. I thought “thats the modern Hebrew taw's symbol”.n I looked on the site I have for it, and you are kinda right. I find there are three periods to ancient Hebrew, early, middle and late. Yours is from the late ancient period, and it matches the modern. The first Taw was literally a cross, like was written about in Ezkiel 9, where the man with a writers case went through Jerusalem and marked the innocent with a “taw”. Imagine, the saved Jews had a cross on thier foreheads…….. Anyway, sorry for babbleing- here is the site I am referring too, it's a cool one for referance. Peace Charles-Mark

http://www.ancient-hebrew.org/28_chart.html

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeangel @ Nov. 23 2011,23:38)
    Charles,

Hey man. I saw your posting on the ancient Hebrew Alphabet. I thought “thats the modern Hebrew taw's symbol”.n I looked on the site I have for it, and you are kinda right. I find there are three periods to ancient Hebrew, early, middle and late. Yours is from the late ancient period, and it matches the modern. The first Taw was literally a cross, like was written about in Ezkiel 9, where the man with a writers case went through Jerusalem and marked the innocent with a “taw”. Imagine, the saved Jews had a cross on thier foreheads…….. Anyway, sorry for babbleing- here is the site I am referring too, it's a cool one for referance. Peace Charles-Mark

Hey man. I saw your posting on the ancient Hebrew Alphabet. I thought “thats the modern Hebrew taw's symbol”.n I looked on the site I have for it, and you are kinda right.

Mark,

Thanks for the help and information.

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 23 2011,07:47)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 23 2011,07:15)
    Edj,

This shows it

BIBLICAL HEBREW

Chapter 1a – Hebrew Alphabet
    twenty-three consonants
    Letter Name Pronunciation Transliteration

Hi Charles,

Hebrew has ONLY 22 letters, of which א Aleph and ע Ayin are vowels.
    You really don't know anything about Hebrew, do you, Charles?

HEBREW HAS NO “W” SOUND; why don't you actually research this
    instead of just posting things that you agree with, OK?

God bless
    Ed J

Hi Charles,

Aren't you going to thank me too?

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 23 2011,07:33)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 23 2011,06:43)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 23 2011,03:22)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 22 2011,17:24)
    Now answer!

What is the reason that we give names to something,and to somebody??

comment please.

Hi Charles,

Um, a, dah, um, I'm thinking give me a minute, so we can identify them by name?   …did I get this right?

God bless

Um, a, dah, um, I'm thinking give me a minute, so we can identify them by name?   …did I get this right?

Edj,

What will determine the right name to be able to identify that something or somebody?

Give an example so we could determine the truth.

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Hi Charles,

A name that is descriptive of someone is one such example:
    Take the name יהשוע (YÄ-shü-ă), this name means “YÄ's Salvation”.

Here is corroborative evidence to which I attest…

“Thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. (Matt 1:21)

You have a problem with the name JEHOVAH,
    but you don't have a problem with the name Jesus.
    I find that odd, could you please explain to us why this is?

God bless

Your false is false. Hebrew has NO “W” sound!

EDj,

Here is the website which shows you that the V has the sound of our “W”

The sound of V as in vine it is the Bet but with a dot which it is included in my list.

With regard the 22 consonants, it's only because my list included the SIN and SHIN separately,so there is no need to be so proud that you are an expert in the Hebrew alphabet.

The reason that I said that Satan is very proud of you is ,because since we are calling God, it is a must that it is the right name otherwise Satan will here you not God.

If I were you since there is confusion regarding the ALMIGHTY name,which was Satan's manouvering, all you have to do rely on Jesus and call him FATHER and definitely He will Hear you otherwise you will be disapointed both now and when you see him!

“Thou shalt call his name JESUS: for he shall save his people from their sins. (Matt 1:21)

Now here it is clear that we should call the son of God JESUS without a single doubt,but it is not the same with God Almighty,since as I said there is confusion.

You have a problem with the name JEHOVAH,
    but you don't have a problem with the name Jesus.
    I find that odd, could you please explain to us why this is?

You have a problem with the name JEHOVAH,:

A problem,don't make me lough, you mean problems right from the very start when the angel spoke to Moses.

The angel never pronounced God's name ,this what he said:

And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. (  this is not His name.)

15And God said moreover unto Moses,
    Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Charles,

That's OK that you don't know any Hebrew.

But what does YOUR bible say in Exodus 6:3.

Why is the name Jesus OK with you but not JEHOVAH?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 24 2011,03:32)

The reason that I said that Satan is very proud of you is ,because since we are calling God, it is a must that it is the right name otherwise Satan will here you not God.

Hi Charles,

By your logic, if I called you carmel  instead of csaliba you might not answer.   …faulty logic indeed

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Charles, (Link)

Hebrew has NO “W” sound!

Vav, usually a consonant pronounced as a “v,” is sometimes a vowel pronounced “oo” as in “food” (transliterated “oo” or “u”) or “oh” as in “Oh!” (transliterated “o”). When it is pronounced “oo,” pointed texts have a dagesh (though sometimes, Vav with a dagesh is pronounced “v”). When it is pronounced “oh,” pointed texts have a dot on top (though sometimes, Vav with a dot on top is pronounced “vo”).
    Pointed Text

Illustration 1: Pointed Text

Illustration 1 is an example of pointed text. Nikkud are shown in blue for emphasis (they would normally be the same color as the consonants). In Sephardic pronunciation (which is what most people use today), this line would be pronounced: V'ahavtah l'reyahkhah kamokhah. (And you shall love your neighbor as yourself. Leviticus 19:18).
    Styles of Writing

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 23 2011,10:32)

……….it is a must that it is the right name otherwise Satan will here you not God.

Charles, I often wonder where you come up with many of the things you claim.  ???

all you have to do rely on Jesus and call him FATHER and definitely He will Hear you otherwise you will be disapointed both now and when you see him!

Yet Jesus himself told us to call NOBODY “father” except for our Father (and HIS Father) who is in heaven.  How do you account for the fact that your words contradict Jesus' own words?  ???

The angel never pronounced God's name…….

What did the angel say then?  Did he say the word “blank”, or “insert word here”?  “Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, INSERT NAME HERE hath sent me unto you.” :)

this is not His name

Exodus 6
    2 God also said to Moses, “I am Jehovah. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

Ed has already pointed you to this verse TWICE, Charles.  Do you have an answer to why what YOU says doesn't match what the SCRIPTURES say?  ???

Even if you don't like the transliteration of “Jehovah”, you must admit that “I AM” or “I WILL BE” is the NAME of God Most High…………because He says so.

peace,
    mike

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 24 2011,09:40)

……….it is a must that it is the right name otherwise Satan will here you not God.

Charles, I often wonder where you come up with many of the things you claim.  ???

peace,
    mike

Hi Mike,

I'm laughing and having trouble typing this. Bwa, haha.
    That one is pretty funny, isn't it?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

this is not His name

Exodus 6
    2 God also said to Moses, “I am Jehovah. 3 I appeared to Abraham, to Isaac and to Jacob as God Almighty, but by my name Jehovah I did not make myself known to them.

Ed has already pointed you to this verse TWICE, Charles.  Do you have an answer to why what YOU says doesn't match what the SCRIPTURES say?  ???

Even if you don't like the transliteration of “Jehovah”, you must admit that “I AM” or “I WILL BE” is the NAME of God Most High…………because He says so.

peace,
    mike

Shalom Mike,

YHVH(63) = Will Be(63)

I'm glad you understand this truth.

B'shem
    YHVH
    (LINK to the thread THAT PROVES GOD’s EXISTENCE)

carmel
    Participant

all you have to do rely on Jesus and call him FATHER and definitely He will Hear you otherwise you will be disapointed both now and when you see him!

Yet Jesus himself told us to call NOBODY “father” except for our Father (and HIS Father) who is in heaven.  How do you account for the fact that your words contradict Jesus' own words?  ???

What did the angel say then?  Did he say the word “blank”, or “insert word here”?  “Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, INSERT NAME HERE hath sent me unto you.” :)

this is not His name

Exodus 6

peace,
    mike

……….it is a must that it is the right name otherwise Satan will here you not God

Mike,

None of the prophets before Moses ever even considered, that they should ask God to let them know His name. Not even Abraham, His friend, the person who was chosen by God to carry the seed of His Son,

8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

who built altars for God, and  had also the opportunity to receive the Lord at his tent, washed His feet, sit next to Him, and gave  Him food, had the slightest intention to know His name. Isn’t it rather strange that even God never revealed His name to Abraham,

In Moses time, especially in Egypt, there were loads of magicians. The power of these magicians depended on various spiritual names of various gods. Moses for 40 years lived in the palace of the pharaoh, and was definitely familiar with the magicians of the pharaoh. It was within his culture as an Egyptian that god must have a name. It was vital for Moses to call him with the appropriate one ,since he had to achieve extraordinary and supernatural results in His name. Within his understanding, he must know which god was, since he was accustomed with many gods.

May I ask here, that since Almighty God is the only one ,and there’s none like Him,  is it an honor that He will be esteemed in the same rank and form one of the clans of all those named gods?

The very first time when God called Moses ,He  was very specific, and  introduced Himself as, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Therefore it was rather more important for God to be recognized, and to be established through His inimitable characteristics. Therefore without a name.

He was clear when Moses asked Him His Name : I AM THAT I AM,  I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exodus 3:15
    And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: THIS IS MY NAME FOR EVER, AND THIS IS MY MEMORIAL UNTO ALL GENERATIONS.

My belief is that if it was fundamental for God to be called by a name ,He would have made it not only evident, but he  would have made it known right from the beginning, through Adam, Noah, or Abraham. Nevertheless He made it rather so complicated, that we are still in a dilemma.

Also it makes more sense since His Son was intended to reveal Him, and afterwards  it would be possible for all of humanity to communicate with God through His son, and not like before only the select could.

In Judges 13:18 there is this which is interesting:

18And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

So reflecting on this, I said to myself if the angel of the Lord, in the name of the Lord  was not ready to reveal his name, and wanted to keep it a mystery , how could we pretend that God Himself  reveal His name?

Also since Jesus came as the only truth, and He is the one that revealed Him, why didn’t He made sure what His Father’s name was? Or was it rather of no use, since He confirmed that the true God is only through the FATHER AND JESUS CHRIST as proof that Jesus is the evidence of God’s name, AND ONLY THROUGH HIM THE FATHER HEAR US! Since we are represented by Him as mediator, advocate, and the Father will forget all our sins.

Hebrews 10:16 this is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Only Moses knew the right name, and only the priest within the temple, and  on specific occasions  could pronounce His name.

The Jews were never allowed to pronounce it in anyway or any time, or else they would be executed. So what’s the use of knowing a name and you are not allowed to pronounce it.

SO TO CALL GOD WITH A NAME,IT MUST BE GENUINELY HIS NOT GUESSED. Since as I said above
    there are other powerful evil spirits ready to take advantage from our vulnerability. Shooting allsorts of names definitely pleases Satan and his allies. But calling Him Father as Jesus imposed, it is definitely the right, and truth.

The old testament is fulfilled by Jesus in full, and this includes the confusion about the true name of the Almighty, that He Himself purposely never made it clear enough to be known.

The Jews only guessed what vowels they use, and it was not an easy task.

They only did this in order not to let the Christians to establish a fiction name for  the suppose to be their God and establish a fiction name themselves which they felt it was their responsibility.

Also they respect God more then us Christians, especially JWs, and their distorted bible NWT. For JW it’s only a name like all other names, and altering  1,2, 3,and even 4, out of 7 it doesn’t make a difference.

Ironically, we are more  keen about how others call our names.

If you make use of the Jewish Encyclopedia.com   you will be aware how confusing the name of God is. Also this what it is written about Jehovah

A mispronunciation (introduced by Christian theologians, but almost entirely disregarded by the Jews) of the Hebrew “Yhwh,” the (ineffable) name of God (the Tetragrammaton or “Shem ha-Meforash”). This pronunciation is grammatically impossible.

THEREFORE  I REPEAT,WE MUST RELY ON JESUS.

JESUS NEVER CALLED HIM WITH NAMES BUT FATHER, THE ONLY True GOD ,AND JESUS CHRIST.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 26 2011,10:53)

this is not His name

Exodus 6

peace,
    mike

……….it is a must that it is the right name otherwise Satan will here you not God

Mike,

None of the prophets before Moses ever even considered, that they should ask God to let them know His name. Not even Abraham, His friend, the person who was chosen by God to carry the seed of His Son,

8But thou, Israel, art my servant, Jacob whom I have chosen, the seed of Abraham my friend.

who built altars for God, and  had also the opportunity to receive the Lord at his tent, washed His feet, sit next to Him, and gave  Him food, had the slightest intention to know His name. Isn’t it rather strange that even God never revealed His name to Abraham,

In Moses time, especially in Egypt, there were loads of magicians. The power of these magicians depended on various spiritual names of various gods. Moses for 40 years lived in the palace of the pharaoh, and was definitely familiar with the magicians of the pharaoh. It was within his culture as an Egyptian that god must have a name. It was vital for Moses to call him with the appropriate one ,since he had to achieve extraordinary and supernatural results in His name. Within his understanding, he must know which god was, since he was accustomed with many gods.

May I ask here, that since Almighty God is the only one ,and there’s none like Him,  is it an honor that He will be esteemed in the same rank and form one of the clans of all those named gods?

The very first time when God called Moses ,He  was very specific, and  introduced Himself as, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob. Therefore it was rather more important for God to be recognized, and to be established through His inimitable characteristics. Therefore without a name.

He was clear when Moses asked Him His Name : I AM THAT I AM,  I WILL BE WHAT I WILL BE.

Exodus 3:14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.

Exodus 3:15
    And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: THIS IS MY NAME FOR EVER, AND THIS IS MY MEMORIAL UNTO ALL GENERATIONS.

My belief is that if it was fundamental for God to be called by a name ,He would have made it not only evident, but he  would have made it known right from the beginning, through Adam, Noah, or Abraham. Nevertheless He made it rather so complicated, that we are still in a dilemma.

Also it makes more sense since His Son was intended to reveal Him, and afterwards  it would be possible for all of humanity to communicate with God through His son, and not like before only the select could.

18And the angel of the LORD said unto him, Why askest thou thus after my name, seeing it is secret?

So reflecting on this, I said to myself if the angel of the Lord, in the name of the Lord  was not ready to reveal his name, and wanted to keep it a mystery , how could we pretend that God Himself  reveal His name?

Also since Jesus came as the only truth, and He is the one that revealed Him, why didn’t He made sure what His Father’s name was? Or was it rather of no use, since He confirmed that the true God is only through the FATHER AND JESUS CHRIST as proof that Jesus is the evidence of God’s name, AND ONLY THROUGH HIM THE FATHER HEAR US! Since we are represented by Him as mediator, advocate, and the Father will forget all our sins.

Hebrews 10:16 this is the covenant that I will make with them after those days, saith the Lord, I will put my laws into their hearts, and in their minds will I write them;

17And their sins and iniquities will I remember no more.

Only Moses knew the right name, and only the priest within the temple, and  on specific occasions  could pronounce His name.

The Jews were never allowed to pronounce it in anyway
    or any time, or else they would be executed. So what’s the use of knowing a name and you are not allowed to pronounce it.

SO TO CALL GOD WITH A NAME,IT MUST BE GENUINELY HIS NOT GUESSED. Since as I said above there are other powerful evil spirits ready to take advantage from our vulnerability. Shooting allsorts of names definitely pleases Satan and his allies. But calling Him Father as Jesus imposed, it is definitely the right, and truth.

The old testament is fulfilled by Jesus in full, and this includes the confusion about the true name of the Almighty, that He Himself purposely never made it clear enough to be known.

The Jews only guessed what vowels they use, and it was not an easy task.

They only did this in order not to let the Christians to establish a fiction name for  the suppose to be their God and establish a fiction name themselves which they felt it was their responsibility.

Also they respect God more then us Christians, especially JWs, and their distorted bible NWT. For JW it’s only a name like all other names, and altering  1,2, 3,and even 4, out of 7 it doesn’t make a difference.

Ironically, we are more  keen about how others call our names.

If you make use of the Jewish Encyclopedia.com   you will be aware how confusing the name of God is. Also this what it is written about Jehovah

A mispronunciation (introduced by Christian theologians, but almost entirely disregarded by the Jews) of the Hebrew “Yhwh,” the (ineffable) name of God (the Tetragrammaton or “Shem ha-Meforash”). This pronunciation is grammatically impossible.

THEREFORE  I REPEAT,WE MUST RELY ON JESUS.

JESUS NEVER CALLED HIM WITH NAMES BUT FATHER, THE ONLY True GOD ,AND JESUS CHRIST.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 26 2011,10:53)

Hi Charles

I have many times made this point before. Even in Mattew 28:19 Jesus did not even mention the Fathers name! BTW, Neither do any of the Apostles!

Good post.

WJ

mikeboll64
    Blocked

And I have addressed Keith's point just as many times.  In the oldest known fragments of the LXX, the divine name YHWH was there in Hebrew letters.

So, when Jesus read from the scroll of Isaiah, he most likely read the name of God in that passage.  Jesus goes on to tell God, “I have made your name known”.

Early church fathers speak of having LXX mss that include God's divine name.

So, just because sometime AFTER Jesus died, scribes decided to swap out YHWH for kurios doesn't mean that Jesus and his disciples didn't speak the name of God freely.

You can both read the information I posted in the 4th post on page 58 in this thread if you're interested in the TRUTH of the matter.

Or………..you can just keep telling yourselves that since “Jesus” IS in the current NT, and “Jehovah” ISN'T, then “Jesus” is the name of God Almighty.  :)

Charles, your comment:  “Isn’t it rather strange that even God never revealed His name to Abraham?” is neither here nor there.  Why and WHEN God chose to reveal His Name is of no concern to us.  The fact of the matter is that God DID reveal His personal Name to Moses, and said “This is my name forever, the name by which I am to be remembered from generation to generation.”

Get it guys? For US, there is but ONE God – Jehovah. And one Lord – Jesus. The Name of our GOD is Jehovah. The name of the Son He sent into the world is Jesus.

carmel
    Participant

Now answer!

comment please.

Hi Charles,

God bless

IN order to identify them by name what would be the essential requirements?

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 27 2011,02:53)
    Mike,

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS
    CHARLES

Hi Charles,

So you believe the inference you apply to one scripture somehow supersedes the clear recording of another?   …interesting?

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 27 2011,02:53)
    Mike,

The Jews were never allowed to pronounce it in anyway or any time, or else they would be executed. So what’s the use of knowing a name and you are not allowed to pronounce it.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS
    CHARLES

Hi Charles,

Who says were not allowed to pronounce God's name, Charles?
    Psalms 45:17 I will make thy name (יהוה YÄ-hä-vā) to be remembered
    in all generations: therefore shall the people praise thee for ever and ever.

God bless

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 27 2011,03:35)

Now answer!

comment please.

Hi Charles,

God bless

IN order to identify them by name what would be the essential requirements?

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Hi Charles,

I'm not sure where you're going, but I'll play…

You must get to know them first?   …but how does this play out in introductions?

God bless

Viewing 20 posts - 601 through 620 (of 1,036 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account