Charles' Jesus is God Proof Texts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,036 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 18 2011,00:15)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2011,08:43)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 17 2011,15:19)
    At the very end after all God would eventually become Christ………….

What?!?  :)

Charles, don't you even know what “christ” means?  ???  It refers to an anointed one OF God.  Are you saying that God became HIS OWN anointed one?  ???

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CHRIST IS .

THERE IS ONLY ONE CHRIST.THROUGH GLORIFICATION NOT ANNOINTED.

LUCIFER WAS ALSO ANNOINTED ,DOES THAT MEAN HE WAS CHRIST??

PEACE AND LOVE IN CHRIST

CHARLES

Actually, there are many christs listed in the scriptures. I am not aware of Satan ever being one of them though.

Would you like me to show you the scriptures that refer to other christs? Because I would like you to show me the scripture that lists Satan as an anointed one of God.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (kerwin @ Nov. 18 2011,16:14)

Jesus is a Greek translation of the Hebrew name Joshua as names has meaning at the time.

That is right.  And if I remember correctly, Johsua means “Jah saves”.

I would be interested to find out what the tetra-gram was translated into Greek as by the seventy.

In the oldest fragments of the LXX ever found, the Hebrew letters YHWH are inserted into the Greek text.

So it appears that the Greeks didn't try to transliterate God's Name, but included the actual Hebrew letters into their Greek text.  I have info I could post if you're interested, Kerwin.

peace,
    mike

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 19 2011,05:36)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 19 2011,03:19)
    EDJ,

How much do you know about the origin of the name jehovah?

peace and love in Christ
    Charles

Hi Charles,

God's Signature  
                                    Proof of God=117
    GOD(26) → The Bible(63) → AKJV Bible(74) → The LORD JEHOVAH(151)

יהוה=26 (God's Name: YHVH pronounced YÄ-hä-vā)
            YHVH=63 (God's Name יהוה translated into English)
            Jesus=74 (God's Son's name in English is: “Joshua”)
            HolySpirit=151 (“FATHER: The Word”: in all believers)
            God The Father=117 (Representing “GOD”: יהוה האלהים)

The “Divine”(63) “Deity”(63) of “The Bible”(63) is “YHVH”(63); “YHVH is GOD”.
    YHVH is God's Name, which is יהוה translated directly into English; as Hebrew lacks vowels!

GOD’s most sacred Holy Name [יהוה] was given to us directly from the Hebrew language.
    Correctly translating Hebrew into other languages can be difficult however. Some basic
    linguistical rules need to be considered when translating Hebrew texts. These include a lack
    of spacing between words, as a general rule has no written vowels and the basic direction
    in which Hebrew is written (opposite: from right to left). Hebrew word spacing is a modern
    advent that distinguishes one word from the next, aiding both translators and multi-linguists
    alike. Unwritten “implied” vowel sounds are a concern because, correct pronunciations of
    Hebrew words are at risk. This point is made because the correct pronunciation was
    thought to be lost, which led only to translators’ interpretations, and incorrect spellings.

GOD’s Name (יהוה) transliterates directly into English as YHVH because the Hebrew alphabet
    lacks vowels. Hebrew has No [W] sound, No [J] sound and the symbol ש is pronounced “Sh”.

[יהוה] GOD’s Name [י] Yod [ה] Ha [ו] Vav [ה] Hey is pronounced.  YÄ-hä-vā  .&.  [יה] (=26)

The identity of (26=)יהוה is GOD”(=26) spoken as YÄ-hä-vā: where ä sounds like
    that of the word “ah” and the other ā sounds like the vowel in the word “hay”.

Witnessing to the world in behalf of YHVH! (Psalm 45:17)
    יהוה האלהים=117  (JEHOVAH GOD) YÄ-hä-vā  hä ĔL-ō-Hêêm!
    Ed J (AKJV Isaiah 49:16 / Isaiah 60:14 / Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org   …(Eccl.9:12-16)

GOD’s most sacred Holy Name

Edj,

Are you convinced in respecting the most sacred Holy Name when pronouncing the word jehovah??

My Question remain:

What is the origin of the name JEHOVAH?

Take a look at the obvious error of spelling it Jehovah as Jehovah's Witnesses demand it. We will not quibble with the three vowel guesses, but two of the four consonants are wrong! What a silly blind organization the Watchtower is.

What a respect to God Almighy?

I wonder whoever prays using JEHOVAH  IF IT PLEASES SATAN  MORE?

Y                          H                              W                          H
    J               E          H               O             V            A           H
    False      guess    right         guess        false       guess      right  

DOESN’T   IT CONCERN YOU ADDRESSING God Almighty  with this name?

Let Your Name Be Sanctified,

To help you reflect:

Am I wrong if I say that since the publication of the King James Version of the Bible in 1611, millions of Christians have believed that the name of God is Jehovah.??

Don’t you think that  this erroneous belief spread as the Christianized English conquered exotic countries around the world and took their beloved KJV Bibles with them.??

Am I exaggerating if I say that the  Pentateuch were compiled at least 900 years before Christ??

Isn’t true  that we actually have are copies??

Isn’t true that  Hebrew used in these ancient texts is different than the Hebrew used at a later date.?

Wasn’t more primitive, and also it  contained no vowels.??

Isn’t it that true this reason the word YHWH was rendered in English??

It’s not only due to practical purposes, that it was  to guess a pronunciation?

Wasn’t it more appropriate since it had to be guessed to pronounce it as YAHWEH inserting only vowels and maintain the consonants like it was used for hundreds of years??

Isn’t it true that the Jews resented the fact that the Christians had hijacked their sacred scriptures and they took steps to preserve it in its original form.?

Were not the Masoretes that used the word ADONAI ,and through this they decided to use the same vowels in the  (Tetragrammaton) YHWH and became YAHOWAH.??

Were not the Germans to translate the first Bible from Jerome’s Latin Vulgate, and had a problem because the German language doesn't have “Y” or “W.” So, they changed these letters to “J” and “V” respectively and the word became JAHOVAH.

Isn’t it true that the English introduced it in their Bible in 1611 and changed one letter again to make it JEHOVAH??

Isn’t it clear that through this simple error from Satan’s inspiration, millions of Chris
    tians for 300 years believed the name of God really was Jehovah.??

Isn’t true that without any serious research, and also ignoring the fact that this is regarding  God’s most sacred Holy Name, adopted this fictitious name for their own and began calling themselves Jehovah's Witnesses.

Isn’t also true that they even went so far as to re-write the Bible to replace the word “God” with the fictional name of Jehovah, even where there isn’t the word God in other bibles to please their corrupted carnal interest??

Isn’t it  called the New World Translation.

Satan is very proud of you.

I wouldn’t become a JW FOR THE SAKE OF THAT NAME! never mind on their belief!!

Luke 16:10 He that is faithful in that which is least is faithful also in much: and he that is unjust in the least is unjust also in much.

I APOLOGIZE IF IN A WAY I UPSET YOU OR HURT YOU,BUT ONLY TRUTH PLEASES GOD ALMIGHTY AND THERE ISN'T ANY NAME TO CALL HIM EXCEPT THROUGH HIS SON JESUS CHRIST HIS FULLNESS

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2011,08:41)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 17 2011,10:08)

mike,

Since your belief, made you believe that God Almighty,was not capable to become man,and walked on earth,you would never be allowed from God Himself to see the truth.

Charles, God is capable of anything.  In fact, He is capable of making you fly right now, but that doesn't mean you're airborne, right?

Capability has nothing to do with it.  The scriptures tells us what God DID – not what He was capable of doing.  And scriptures tell us that God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son as a sacrificial Lamb that He offered on our behalf.  Scriptures do NOT tell us that God so loved the world that He Himself came to die as a sacrifice.

Also you first have to stop calling God Almighty jehovah.

God has no name.It is an insult.

Go read Exodus 3:13-14 to find out how unscriptural your claim is.

Douay-Rheims Bible:  Philipians 2:6 Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man.

8 He humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross.

9 For which cause God also hath exalted him, and hath given him a name which is above all names:

10 That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth:

11 And that every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father.    

You have to do something with this scripture first.

To me it is more than enough.

What would you like me to do to it?  Explain it to you?  Okay, I will:

1.  If Jesus was “in the form OF God”, then he wasn't the God he was in the form OF.

2.  If Jesus even considered equality WITH God, then he couldn't have BEEN God.  God cannot be “equal to” Himself.

3.  Verse 8 speaks of the DEATH of the Son OF God.  God cannot die.  Jesus did.

4.  Verse 9 tells how our ONE God exalted His Holy Servant Jesus.  Charles, God is omnipotent, right?  How in the world could one who is already ALL-POWERFUL be exalted to a HIGHER place?  And who could possibly be above God to exalt Him?

5.  Verse 11 says that every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord…………..TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

That's more than enough evidence for anyone with half a brain to figure out that Jesus is someone OTHER THAN the God who SENT him into the world and later EXALTED him.

But why is it always we who have to “do something with this scripture”?  ???  Why don't YOU ever have to address the many points WE'RE making?

You have left about three recent posts of mine unanswered, Charles.  But let's forget about them and move forward:

Charles, does it make sense that the God MOST HIGH would have a God of His own?  YES or NO?

Charles, does it make sense that the God MOST HIGH would have a God of His own?

Mike,

I already made it clear to you that, our reasoning,our senses,are corrupted ,filthy,and carnal.

Isaiah 55:8 For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD.

9For as the heavens are higher than the earth, so are my ways higher than your ways, and my thoughts than your thoughts.

Yes Mike God most High could have a God of His own.In fact at the very end Mike, all creatures will become  God visible and invisible but still one God.

All in HIM. ALL IN ALL.

1Corinthians 15:And when all things shall be subdued unto him, then shall the Son also himself be subject unto him that put all things under him, that God may be all in all.  

The word God is not e definition of an entity,it is a  title of a complex entity.although He is one.

The Spirit of God is not ONE SINGLE SPIRIT.

How a single spirit is within all over the universies,and in every to the least creature ,since only the spirit gives life.??

These terms are incomprehensible for us,and you  only have to be humble and accept it.

Mark 5:9And he asked him, What is thy name? And he answered, saying, My name is Legion: for we are many.

10And he besought him much that he would not send them away out of the country.

11Now there was there nigh unto the mountains a great herd of swine feeding.

12And all the devils besought him, saying, Send us into the swine, that we may enter into them.

13And forthwith Jesus gave them leave. And the unclean spirits went out, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the sea, (they were about two thousand;) and were choked in the sea.

explain how two thousand spirits where in one soul??

Deuteronomy 6 :4Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD

Why scriptures says The LORD our God is one LORD and in all over scripture it also says that Jesus is also Lord?

1 Corinthians 8:6 But to us there is but one God, the Father, of whom are all things, and we in him; and one Lord Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we by him.

Mark 12:36For David himself said by the Holy Ghost, The LORD said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand, till I make thine enemies thy footstool.

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 20 2011,02:15)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 18 2011,00:15)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 18 2011,08:43)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 17 2011,15:19)
    At the very end after all God would eventually become Christ………….

What?!?  :)

Charles, don't you even know what “christ” means?  ???  It refers to an anointed one OF God.  Are you saying that God became HIS OWN anointed one?  ???

YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT CHRIST IS .

THERE IS ONLY ONE CHRIST.THROUGH GLORIFICATION NOT ANNOINTED.

LUCIFER WAS ALSO ANNOINTED ,DOES THAT MEAN HE WAS CHRIST??

PEACE AND LOVE IN CHRIST

CHARLES

Actually, there are many christs listed in the scriptures.  I am not aware of Satan ever being one of them though.

Would you like me to show you the scriptures that refer to other christs?  Because I would like you to show me the scripture that lists Satan as an anointed one of God.

Actually, there are many christs listed in the scriptures.  I am not aware of Satan ever being one of them though.

Mike I said LUCIFER NOT SATAN.

Ezekiel 28:14:14Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

15Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till iniquity was found in thee.

There is only one Christ for us Christians. OUR SAVIOUR GOD.

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 19 2011,14:07)
    Take a look at the obvious error of spelling it Jehovah as Jehovah's Witnesses demand it. We will not quibble with the three vowel guesses, but two of the four consonants are wrong! What a silly blind organization the Watchtower is.

Charles,

Do you believe it was the JWs who first came up with the name “Jehovah” for “YHWH”?

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 19 2011,15:36)
    Yes Mike God most High could have a God of His own.In fact at the very end Mike, all creatures will become God visible and invisible but still one God.

Sorry Charlie,

That ship don't sail on these waters. :)

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 19 2011,15:44)

Ezekiel 28:14
    Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

My mistake, Charles.  But am I wrong to assume that in your mind, Lucifer IS the one later known as Satan?

As for your scripture, it is about the King of Tyre.  There is no mention of any “lucifer” in that scripture, nor is there any connection in scripture that “lucifer” is even someone's name – let alone the name of the being later known as “Satan”.

The good news is that you are right, and I have been scripturally shown yet ANOTHER christ of God through your scripture.  So thank you.  :)

The bad news is that this new anointed one of God is an angel from heaven – not the King of Tyre:
    28:14 NETBible
    I placed you there with an anointed guardian cherub; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked about amidst fiery stones.

That's right, Charles.  For us, there is but ONE God – THE FATHER, and one Christ – Jesus of Nazareth.

One of them ANOINTED the OTHER one of them.  And only ONE of them is God Almighty while the OTHER one is the anointed OF God Almighty.  Get it Charles?  TWO people, only ONE of them God Almighty.

peace,
    mike

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 20 2011,11:11)

Ezekiel 28:14
    Thou art the anointed cherub that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire.

My mistake, Charles.  But am I wrong to assume that in your mind, Lucifer IS the one later known as Satan?

As for your scripture, it is about the King of Tyre.  There is no mention of any “lucifer” in that scripture, nor is there any connection in scripture that “lucifer” is even someone's name – let alone the name of the being later known as “Satan”.

The good news is that you are right, and I have been scripturally shown yet ANOTHER christ of God through your scripture.  So thank you.  :)

The bad news is that this new anointed one of God is an angel from heaven – not the King of Tyre:
    28:14 NETBible
    I placed you there with an anointed guardian cherub; you were on the holy mountain of God; you walked about amidst fiery stones.

That's right, Charles.  For us, there is but ONE God – THE FATHER, and one Christ – Jesus of Nazareth.

One of them ANOINTED the OTHER one of them.  And only ONE of them is God Almighty while the OTHER one is the anointed OF God Almighty.  Get it Charles?  TWO people, only ONE of them God Almighty.

peace,
    mike

No Mike ,

You have every right to believe ,that Ezekiel was referring to
    the King of Tyre.

But I have also every right to beleive that it is a referrence to Satan(Lucifer) But if I were you read all Ezekiel 28:12:19

12 And say to him: Thus saith the Lord God: Thou wast the seal of resemblance, full of wisdom, and perfect in beauty.

13 Thou wast in the pleasures of the paradise of God: every precious stone teas thy covering: the sardius, the topaz, and the jasper, the chrysolite, and the onyx, and the beryl, the sapphire, and the carbuncle, and the emerald: gold the work of thy beauty: and thy pipes were prepared in the day that thou wast created.

14 Thou a cherub stretched out, and protecting, and I set thee in the holy mountain of God, thou hast walked in the midst of the stones of fire.

15 Thou wast perfect in thy ways from the day of thy creation, until iniquity was found in thee.

16 By the multitude of thy merchandise, thy inner parts were filled with iniquity, and thou hast sinned: and I cast thee out from the mountain of God, and destroyed thee, O covering cherub, out of the midst of the stones of fire.

17 And thy heart was lifted up with thy beauty: thou best lost thy wisdom in thy beauty, I have cast thee to the ground: I have set thee before the face of kings, that they might behold thee.

18 Thou hast defiled thy sanctuaries by the multitude of thy iniquities, and by the iniquity of thy traffic: therefore I will bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, to devour thee, and I will make thee as ashes upon the earth in the sight of all that see thee.

19 All that shall see thee among the nations, shall be astonished at thee: thou art brought to nothing, and thou shalt never be any more.

And then you would realize that it is directed to Lucifer as the Archangel who rebelled and eventually became Satan.

The king of tyre was never in the garden of God,or  in the holy mountain of God and all the rest.
    and especially  the last bit,which is a reference to the lava that comes out from an erruption of a volcano:

therefore I will bring forth a fire from the midst of thee, to devour thee, and I will make thee as ashes upon the earth in the sight of all that see thee.

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 14 2011,01:13)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 13 2011,06:03)

Quote (mikeboll @ 64)
    So if a scripture said that Michael the archangel was with God before the world was, would those words mean that Michael was also from eternity?  YES or NO Charles?

Mike !

Who is Michael the archangel?

I don't know him!

He doesn't fit in the argument.

He is not within context of

with thyself, with the glory which I had, before the world was, with thee

Job 38
    4 “Where were you when I laid the earth’s foundation?
      Tell me, if you understand.
    5 Who marked off its dimensions? Surely you know!
      Who stretched a measuring line across it?
    6 On what were its footings set,
      or who laid its cornerstone—
    7 while the morning stars sang together
      and all the angels shouted for joy?

This scripture shows that the angels of God shouted for joy when He laid the foundations of the earth.  That means that they were “with God before the founding of the earth”.  My question to you is:

Does that also mean that they were “from eternity”, just because they were “with God before the world was”?  YES or NO?

Does that also mean that they were “from eternity”, just because they were “with God before the world was”?  YES or NO?

Mike in a way YES!

These angels were created beings. Right?

These angels were composed of God's spirit always eternal from the Father, as an element. and a substance as a body.

Two elements in one creature. So as a creature was not eternal!

BUT

Now the Spirit was always from God, and it was not created but emanated, because all spirits are the emanation of God therefore always eternal, and also they will never finish they remain in existence but in a different function. Either for the good or for the bad.

So spiritually these angels are eternal beings from the spiritual point of view, since they possess God’s Spirit.

Even us Mike, we become eternal as soon as we believe in Jesus, for the simple reason that the Holy Spirit from the Father take hold of our souls in us and we become one spirit with the Lord Jesus Christ (spiritually eternal) and through Him also ,one with the Father.

That’s why we never dies spiritually, but we come from death to life when believing in the Son of God.

Our soul which was dead in Satan spirit comes back to life in Jesus Spirit because He replaced him through His death on the cross.

John12: Now is my soul troubled; and what shall I say? Father, save me from this hour: but for this cause came I unto this hour.

28Father, glorify thy name. Then came there a voice from heaven, saying, I have both glorified it, and will glorify it again.

29The people therefore, that stood by, and heard it, said that it thundered: others said, An angel spake to him.

30Jesus answered and said, This voice came not because of me, but for your sakes.

31Now is the judgment of this world: now shall the prince of this world be cast out.

32And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men unto me.

The above  piece of scripture is clear as crystal:

Jesus  explained that the voice came  for humanity sake , not for Him, because Satan will be cast out from all our creation, especially from our souls, as soon as He dies on the cross.

The fact that He stated “will draw all men unto me” it gives us light that the man Adam(symbolically the soul) was restored since only he specifically was created in :

Genesis 2: 7And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul

But through restoring Adam, He gave freedom to Eve(symbolically flesh)since Satan lost all control of the world, because Satan through Eve had acquired Adam,

Therefore ,we will be born again as soon as we believe in Jesus as Son of God.

1 Corinthians 6:17 But he that is joined unto the Lord is one spirit.

John 3: 36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 17 :2 As thou hast given him power over all flesh, that he should give eternal life to as many as thou hast given him. 3And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.

KJV 1John 1:2 (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unto you that ETERNAL LIFE , which was with the Father, and was manifested unto us;)

Ok Mike Jesus spirit was eternal with the Father.  Be humble and believe now ???

No more discussions about this eternity of Jesus Christ’s Spirit.

Peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 20 2011,07:07)
    Ed J,

My Question remain:

peace and love in Jesus
    Charles

Hi Charles,

The familiar name JEHOVAH was originally constructed from two different Hebrew words:
    1) [יהוה] YHVH (GOD’s Holy Name) and 2) [ינדא] Âdônây (meaning Lord or Owner). JEHOVAH
    in English is pronounced J-ä-H-ō-V-ä-H and is a result of a combination of three specific things:
    1) the “Jay” sound (as Hebrew has no “J” sound) added to 2) the consonants from [יהוה] YHVH
    and finally combined with 3) the vowels derived from the pronunciation of [ינדא] âdônây. These two
    Hebrew words, together with the “Jä” sound, have evolved into the Name we know today as “JEHOVAH”. (HolyCityBibleCode Chapter 1)

God bless
    Ed J (Joshua 22:34)
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

carmel
    Participant

mike,

Since your belief, made you believe that God Almighty,was not capable to become man,and walked on earth,you would never be allowed from God Himself to see the truth.

Charles, God is capable of anything.  In fact, He is capable of making you fly right now, but that doesn't mean you're airborne, right?

Capability has nothing to do with it.  The scriptures tells us what God DID – not what He was capable of doing.  And scriptures tell us that God so loved the world that He sent His only begotten Son as a sacrificial Lamb that He offered on our behalf.  Scriptures do NOT tell us that God so loved the world that He Himself came to die as a sacrifice.

Also you first have to stop calling God Almighty jehovah.

God has no name.It is an insult.

Go read Exodus 3:13-14 to find out how unscriptural your claim is.

Douay-Rheims Bible:  Philipians 2:6 Who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God:

7 But emptied himself, taking the form of a servant, being made in the likeness of men, and in habit found as a man.

8 He humbled himself, becoming obedient unto death, even to the death of the cross.

9 For which cause God also hath exalted him, and hath given him a name which is above all names:

10 That in the name of Jesus every knee should bow, of those that are in heaven, on earth, and under the earth:

11 And that every tongue should confess that the Lord Jesus Christ is in the glory of God the Father.    

You have to do something with this scripture first.

To me it is more than enough.

What would you like me to do to it?  Explain it to you?  Okay, I will:

1.  If Jesus was “in the form OF God”, then he wasn't the God he was in the form OF.

2.  If Jesus even considered equality WITH God, then he couldn't have BEEN God.  God cannot be “equal to” Himself.

3.  Verse 8 speaks of the DEATH of the Son OF God.  God cannot die.  Jesus did.

4.  Verse 9 tells how our ONE God exalted His Holy Servant Jesus.  Charles, God is omnipotent, right?  How in the world could one who is already ALL-POWERFUL be exalted to a HIGHER place?  And who could possibly be above God to exalt Him?

5.  Verse 11 says that every tongue will confess that Jesus is Lord…………..TO THE GLORY OF GOD.

That's more than enough evidence for anyone with half a brain to figure out that Jesus is someone OTHER THAN the God who SENT him into the world and later EXALTED him.

But why is it always we who have to “do something with this scripture”?  ???  Why don't YOU ever have to address the many points WE'RE making?

You have left about three recent posts of mine unanswered, Charles.  But let's forget about them and move forward:

Charles, does it make sense that the God MOST HIGH would have a God of His own?  YES or NO?

Mike ,

Does these make sense : IF YES, DEFINE

Genesis 1:5……..And the evening and the morning were the first day.

1:Genesis 1:27 So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

Genesis 5:2Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created.

Mark 9:37……….. And whosoever shall receive me, receiveth not me, but him that sent me.

Mark 11: 13And seeing a fig tree afar off having leaves, he came, if haply he might find any thing thereon: and when he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not yet.

Isaiah 45: 7I form the light, and create darkness: I make peace, and create evil: I the LORD do all these things.

Matthew 5:but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.

40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.

42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.

43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.

44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you

John 1:1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2The same was in the beginning with God

AND MANY MANY MORE!!!

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

kerwin
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 19 2011,21:23)

Jesus is a Greek translation of the Hebrew name Joshua as names has meaning at the time.

That is right.  And if I remember correctly, Johsua means “Jah saves”.

I would be interested to find out what the tetra-gram was translated into Greek as by the seventy.

In the oldest fragments of the LXX ever found, the Hebrew letters YHWH are inserted into the Greek text.

So it appears that the Greeks didn't try to transliterate God's Name, but included the actual Hebrew letters into their Greek text.  I have info I could post if you're interested, Kerwin.

peace,
    mike

Mike,

From what Strong's states Joshua means Jehovah is salvation (Jehovah Saves).

I would enjoy knowing the source of what you write; though your claim is consistent with certain Hebrew sentiment I have heard.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hey Kerwin,

I obtained my info from the JWs:

There are thousands of copies of the Christian Greek Scriptures in existence today, but most of them were made during or after the fourth century of our Common Era. This suggests a possibility: Did something happen to the text of the Christian Greek Scriptures before the fourth century that resulted in the omission of God’s name? The facts prove that something did

The Name Was There
    We can be sure that the apostle Matthew included God’s name in his Gospel. Why? Because he wrote it originally in Hebrew. In the fourth century, Jerome, who translated the Latin Vulgate, reported: “Matthew, who is also Levi, and who from a publican came to be an apostle, first of all composed a Gospel of Christ in Judaea in the Hebrew language . . . Who translated it after that in Greek is not sufficiently ascertained. Moreover, the Hebrew itself is preserved to this day in the library at Caesarea.”
    Since Matthew wrote in Hebrew, it is inconceivable that he did not use God’s name, especially when quoting from parts of the “Old Testament” that contained the name. However, other writers of the second part of the Bible wrote for a worldwide audience in the international language of that time, Greek. Hence, they did not quote from the original Hebrew writings but from the Septuagint Greek version. And even Matthew’s Gospel was eventually translated into Greek. Would God’s name have appeared in these Greek writings?
    Well, some very old fragments of the Septuagint Version that actually existed in Jesus’ day have survived down to our day, and it is noteworthy that the personal name of God appeared in them. The New International Dictionary of New Testament Theology (Volume 2, page 512) says: “Recent textual discoveries cast doubt on the idea that the compilers of the LXX [Septuagint] translated the tetragrammaton YHWH by kyrios. The oldest LXX MSS (fragments) now available to us have the tetragrammaton written in Heb[rew] characters in the G[ree]k text. This custom was retained by later Jewish translators of the O[ld] T[estament] in the first centuries A.D.” Therefore, whether Jesus and his disciples read the Scriptures in Hebrew or Greek, they would come across the divine name.
    Thus, Professor George Howard, of the University of Georgia, U.S.A., made this comment: “When the Septuagint which the New Testament church used and quoted contained the Hebrew form of the divine name, the New Testament writers no doubt included the Tetragrammaton in their quotations.” (Biblical Archaeology Review, March 1978, page 14) What authority would they have had to do otherwise?
    God’s name remained in Greek translations of the “Old Testament” for a while longer. In the first half of the second century C.E., the Jewish proselyte Aquila made a new translation of the Hebrew Scriptures into Greek, and in this he represented God’s name by the Tetragrammaton in ancient Hebrew characters. In the third century, Origen wrote: “And in the most accurate manuscripts THE NAME occurs in Hebrew characters, yet not in today’s Hebrew [characters], but in the most ancient ones.”
    Even in the fourth century, Jerome writes in his prologue to the books of Samuel and Kings: “And we find the name of God, the Tetragrammaton [יהוה], in certain Greek volumes even to this day expressed in ancient letters.”

[Box/Pictures on page 26]
     This fragment of the Septuagint (right) dated to the first century C.E. and containing Zechariah 8:19-21 and 8:23–9:4 is in Jerusalem’s Israel Museum. It contains God’s name four times, three of which are indicated here. In the Alexandrine Manuscript (left), a copy of the Septuagint made 400 years later, God’s name has been replaced in those same verses by KY and KC, abbreviated forms of the Greek word Ky′ri‧os (“Lord”)

This info comes from the Watchtower Publication entitled “The Divine Name That Will Endure Forever”.  I cannot show you the photos mentioned in the last paragraph, but I am looking at them right now. I have a book in which the name of the LXX fragment is named. I will look for it so that maybe we could find photos and more info by Googling it.

Anyway, it is clear that in the earliest copies of the LXX, the name WAS there in Hebrew letters.  By 500 years later, it was replaced with “kurios” by the translators.

What this means to me is that when Jesus read from the Isaiah scroll in the synagogue, and said this scripture speaks of me, he most likely read and said the Name of God.

That would fit in with him saying he has made God's Name known, IMO.

Anyway, enjoy the info.

mike

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 21 2011,01:18)

Ed J,

My Question remain:

peace and love in Jesus
    Charles

Hi Charles,

The familiar name JEHOVAH was originally constructed from two different Hebrew words:
    1) [יהוה] YHVH (GOD’s Holy Name) and 2) [ינדא] Âdônây (meaning Lord or Owner). JEHOVAH
    in English is pronounced J-ä-H-ō-V-ä-H and is a result of a combination of three specific things:
    1) the “Jay” sound (as Hebrew has no “J” sound) added to 2) the consonants from [יהוה] YHVH
    and finally combined with 3) the vowels derived from the pronunciation of [ינדא] âdônây. These two
    Hebrew words, together with the “Jä” sound, have evolved into the Name we know today as “JEHOVAH”. (HolyCityBibleCode Chapter 1)

God bless

These two
    Hebrew words, together with the “Jä” sound, have evolved into the Name we know today as “JEHOVAH”.

Edj,

You just confirmed that it is a fiction corrupted human invention.

What would you determine when you give a name to something or somebody??

Would you call somebody with a name that you would not for sure know that is his name,and expect that he will answer you?

Or rather call Him or her Mr,or Mrs.respectively?

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Ed J
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 21 2011,03:22)

Quote (Ed J @ Nov. 21 2011,01:18)

Ed J,

My Question remain:

peace and love in Jesus
    Charles

Hi Charles,

God bless

These two
    Hebrew words, together with the “Jä” sound, have evolved into the Name we know today as “JEHOVAH”.

Edj,

You just confirmed that it is a fiction corrupted human invention.

What would you determine when you give a name to something or somebody??

Would you call somebody with a name that you would not for sure know that is his name,and expect that he will answer you?

Or rather call Him or her Mr,or Mrs.respectively?

PEACE AND LOVE IN JESUS

CHARLES

Hi Charles,

The name “Jesus” came to us by the same means;
    perhaps you are not aware of this fact either?

God bless

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Bravo, Ed! As did the names of everyone in the scriptures. I can't think of any scriptural character that we say his name in English the same way it was said in Hebrew or Greek.

Charles, can you?

Ed J
    Participant

Hi Mike,

The name “Jesus” is a translation(English) of a translation(Greek).
    At least the name “JEHOVAH” came to us directly from the Hebrew.

Your brother
    in Christ, Jesus.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 20 2011,09:19)

Mike ,

Does these make sense : IF YES, DEFINE

Genesis 1:5……..And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Charles,

Is your answer to show me other scriptures that YOU think don't make sense?  ???  Is that REALLY how you're going to address the fact that YOU KNOW it makes no sense for God Most High to have a God of His own?  :)

“Hey Mike, it doesn't have to make sense because I also can't make sense of these scriptures.  So there!”  :)

Charles, I will be happy to help you understand all of the scriptures you listed.  Your first one is properly translated:

There was evening, and there was morning, marking the first day – NETBible

And there was evening, and there was morning—the first day – NIV

And there was evening and there was morning, one day  – NASB

And there was evening and there was morning, the first day – NRSV

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Nov. 20 2011,10:20)

Quote (carmel @ Nov. 19 2011,15:36)
    Yes Mike God most High could have a God of His own.In fact at the very end Mike, all creatures will become  God visible and invisible but still one God.

Sorry Charlie,

That ship don't sail on these waters.  :)

That ship don't sail on these waters.

Mike,

Michaelangelo's PIETA  was a block of Carrara Marble,which was cut off from a mountain.

Therefore Michaelangelo's PIETA is that particular mountain No??

The only difference is that it was given a shape in the statue of PIETA No?

Don't tell me that it is not that particular same mountain but in a dafferent shape.

Now God is a spirit.

Through His own spirit He created the spiritual beings.

One third of these spiritual beings rebelled.

God through His own spirit within them transformed them into our earth.

Through evolution these evil spirits ended up in human flesh.

God's spirit always remained in these creatures in order to keep them alive through their souls.

ALL These souls eventually go back to God through the sacrifice of His Son as human God.

1 Corinthians 15:For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive

When the time comes these creatures will acquire back the flesh and unite with their souls and the spirit of God for eternity.
    1Corinthians 15: …………that God may be all in all.

Don't tell me that all these are not the same God's spirit which was one in His glory,but in a different shape like Michaelangelo's PIETA  is that  same particular mountain??

peace and love in Jesus

Charles

Viewing 20 posts - 561 through 580 (of 1,036 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account