Charles' Jesus is God Proof Texts

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,036 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 12 2011,09:20)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 12 2011,11:40)
    1 Corinthians 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

In this scripture, if woman is not the man who is the head OF her, and man is not the Christ who is the head OF him, then Christ is also not the God who is the head OF him.

Can you argue this truth WITHOUT relying on “there is no logic with God”?

everything is possible for men but for GOD IS NOT POSSIBLE?

Hi Charles,

Yes – everything IS possible for God.  So tell me:  Is it POSSIBLE for God to be ONE Being who begot a DIFFERENT being as a Son unto Himself?  Because that is exactly what the scriptures teach.  They teach of ONE God who HAS a Son that is OTHER THAN and LESSOR TO the God who brought him forth.

Will you please address the bolded point in the quote above?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 12 2011,10:10)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 11 2011,10:42)
    Can you show me a scripture that says Christ has always existed?  Because I can show you plenty that speak of his beginning.

Mike ,

NIV Isaiah 9:6 For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Charles

I'm not sure I would have gone to a scripture that starts out with “a child is BORN” as a proof that Jesus DIDN'T have a beginning. :)

But, tell me where Is 9:6 says Jesus has always existed.

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 13 2011,02:20)

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 12 2011,11:40)

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 11 2011,00:33)
    Although He is another,since there's no logic with God,it is the same one God.

The word “another” tells us there are TWO, not one.

Quote (carmel @ Oct. 11 2011,00:33)
    1Corintians 3:23  And you are Christ's; and Christ is God's.

23 and you are of Christ, and Christ is of God.
    I'm glad you brought this scripture up, Charles.  If the fact that we are OF Christ eliminates the possibility of us BEING Christ, then the fact that Christ is OF God also eliminates the possibility of him BEING God.

Charles, do you realize the word “Christ” refers to the “anointed one OF God”?

1 Corinthians 11:3
    Now I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man, and the head of Christ is God.

In this scripture, if woman is not the man who is the head OF her, and man is not the Christ who is the head OF him, then Christ is also not the God who is the head OF him.

Can you argue this truth WITHOUT relying on “there is no logic with God”?

The word “another” tells us there are TWO, not one.

John a husband and a father,realized that after all he was a transexual.

John changed his sex. and remained with his family.

John becam Mary.

His wife called him Johnmary still,

His children called him father still,

His mother called him my son Johnmary.

but his freinds called him Mary.

Now therefore John has ANOTHER identity.

John is another person.

John and  Mary.or Johnmary

But still one person, still the same person, still the same one who was born as a boy, still the same one who was married and became a father.

everything is possible for men but for GOD IS NOT POSSIBLE?

peace and love in Jesus Christ

Charles.

What???? You got to be kidding me,right? John who? ….

As far as John 1 God and The Word of God was in the beginning with God…that makes two….. ..Irene

mikeangel
    Participant

Okay Mark,

Listen.  God has ALWAYS existed.  At some point in time, God begot a Son unto Himself.  A person who is begotten by another is NOT a person who has always existed.

Let me fill in the blank of “At some point and time”. God begot himself through Mary. That is when Jesus was begotton. Before, like you said before,  the spirit of God existed with God from eternity. So did Jesus. They are one.

My point is that YOU assume the words “in the beginning” in John 1:1 refer to “FROM ETERNITY” – as in “the Word has ALWAYS been with God”.  I am clarifying for you that those words DO NOT mean “from eternity”, for at some point, Jesus himself had a beginning.

If it was said “God was alone in the beginning”, then the words “in the beginning” most likely WOULD refer to “FROM ETERNITY”.  But even then, they DON'T NECESSARILY HAVE TO.

You cannot assume that it doesn't mean from eternity. You cannot take other context in the Bible and paste them to another. When the earth was formless, before there was even light(no stars), certainly points to eternity. Your statements, “most likely would”, and “don't necessarily have to” are unconvincing at best. At this point Genisis also says the spirit was hovering above the waters. It was from eternity too. There is no reason for me to conclude anything else.

And just like with Gen 1:1, we find out from other scriptures that “beginning” in John 1:1 absolutely DOESN'T refer to “FROM ETERNITY”, because Jesus hasn't existed from eternity.

You go from “not necessarily” to “absoultely” . What other scriptures mention John 1:1 not meaning eternity specificly? The very word Genesis means beginning. Show that it DOESN'T mean eternity.

Now do you understand what I'm saying?  I'm saying that you can't base your scriptural understanding of Jesus' existence solely on the word “beginning” in John 1:1 – because “beginning” doesn't always have the same meaning, and doesn't necessarily have to refer to “FROM ETERNITY” – like you think it does in John 1:1.  It DOESN'T.

I do not base my belief of Jesus being part of the literal “Alpha and Omega” God solely on my belief  of the beginning being eternity. There are many other scriptures that support it, but like you said, one at a time, Right? Prove that it doesn't, which you haven't yet. In your response, there are many “most likely”, and “don't necessarily have to”, which are your assumptions, based on YOUR beliefs.

mikeangel
    Participant

” one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.”

The one God, even the Father, signifies the Godhead as the sole object of all religious worship; and the Lord Jesus Christ denotes the person of Emmanuel, God manifest in the flesh, with the one spirit, which is one with them both. They alone are one. Notice in this scripture the “AND” LORD Jesus Christ. They are one God. Tell me how many does this scripture mean?-

New International Version (©1984)
    And the LORD God said, “The man has now become like one of us, knowing good and evil. He must not be allowed to reach out his hand and take also from the tree of life and eat, and live forever.”

How many are in “us”?  and –

New International Version (©1984)
    Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.”

How many are in “us” and “our”?  and

“1 The LORD appeared to Abraham near the great trees of Mamre while he was sitting at the entrance to his tent in the heat of the day. 2 Abraham looked up and saw three men standing nearby. When he saw them, he hurried from the entrance of his tent to meet them and bowed low to the ground.
    3 He said, “If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord,[a] do not pass your servant by. 4 Let a little water be brought, and then you may all wash your feet and rest under this tree. 5 Let me get you something to eat, so you can be refreshed and then go on your way—now that you have come to your servant.”

“Very well,” they answered, “do as you say.”

It starts “The Lord” -one- appeared. and it was three men. Then-

“If I have found favor in your eyes, my lord” He addresses them as one. How many are in each one? Is God separate from his spirit or himself, or his son which was to manifest him to humanity? Is this impossible?

shimmer
    Participant

All, including Mike,

There are three.
    Theres the Son, the Father, & the Holy Spirit.

This is all in scripture.  

The Holy Spirit is here now. The Father is in heaven. The Son is in heaven.  

God is the Father and source of all.
    The Son Jesus is under God. Jesus tells us to worship the Father.
    The Holy Spirit is from eternity. The Holy Spirit is our teacher, guide, comforter, councilor, correcter, etc, and is with us untill the end. Jesus is in heaven, the Father is in heaven. The Spirit lives in the elect.

Three.

terraricca
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 14 2011,18:04)
    All, including Mike,

There are three.

The Holy Spirit is from eternity. The Holy Spirit is our teacher, guide, comforter, councilor, correcter, etc, and is with us untill the end. Jesus is in heaven, the Father is in heaven. The Spirit lives in the elect.

Three.

shimmer

who,or what is the holy spirit ??

who is God the father ??

who is the son ??

why do you say the holy spirit is here now ?? so you know who he or what it is ??

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 14 2011,13:30)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 14 2011,18:04)
    All, including Mike,

There are three.

Three.

shimmer

who,or what is the holy spirit ??

who is God the father ??

who is the son ??

why do you say the holy spirit is here now ?? so you know who he or what it is ??

Terra,

“Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I WILL SEND HIM UNTO YOU. (Did Jesus SEND The Father? Is the Father under Jesus now?)

And when HE is come, HE WILL convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on ME;

Of righteousness, because I GO TO MY FATHER, and you see ME no more; (so theres the Father, (Me) Jesus, and HE – the Spirit)

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged. I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now.

But WHEN HE, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, IS COME, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH; FOR HE WILL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF; BUT WHATSOVER HE SHALL HEAR, THAT HE SHALL SPEAK: and HE will show you things to come.

HE shall glorify ME: for HE shall receive of MINE, and shall show it unto you.

All things that THE FATHER has are mine: therefore said I, that HE (The Holy Spirit) shall take of MINE, and shall show it unto you.

A little while, and you shall not see me: and again, a little while, and you shall see me, because I GO TO THE FATHER.

(All of the above passages show three. The Father. The Son. The Holy Spirit).

terraricca
    Participant

shimmer

what it show is nothing if you do not understand it,

And when HE is come, HE WILL convict the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Of sin, because they believe not on ME;

Of righteousness, because I GO TO MY FATHER, and you see ME no more; (so theres the Father, (Me) Jesus, and HE – the Spirit)

Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
    But WHEN HE, THE SPIRIT OF TRUTH, IS COME, HE WILL GUIDE YOU INTO ALL TRUTH; FOR HE WILL NOT SPEAK OF HIMSELF; BUT WHATSOVER HE SHALL HEAR, THAT HE SHALL SPEAK: and HE will show you things to come.

HE shall glorify ME: for HE shall receive of MINE, and shall show it unto you.

All things that THE FATHER has are mine: therefore said I, that HE (The Holy Spirit) shall take of MINE, and shall show it unto you.

in those scriptures, what is it that is said ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 13 2011,05:06)

Let me fill in the blank of “At some point and time”. God begot himself through Mary.

No Mark.  God begot a Son unto Himself.  God did not beget God.

They are one.

They are TWO – God AND the Son He begot.

You cannot assume that it doesn't mean from eternity.

And my point is that YOU can't just assume it DOES mean “from eternity” – especially when many scriptures contradict that understanding.

At this point Genisis also says the spirit was hovering above the waters. It was from eternity too. There is no reason for me to conclude anything else.

So then you apparently assume that the waters over which the Holy Spirit was hovering were also from eternity?  Is that correct?

I do not base my belief of Jesus being part of the literal “Alpha and Omega” God solely on my belief  of the beginning being eternity. There are many other scriptures that support it, but like you said, one at a time, Right?

Right; and thank you for doing it this way.

Prove that it doesn't, which you haven't yet. In your response, there are many “most likely”, and “don't necessarily have to”, which are your assumptions, based on YOUR beliefs.

It is not for ME to prove a negative, Mark.  It is for YOU to prove the positive.  YOU are the one who made a claim that “beginning” HAS TO MEAN “from eternity” in John 1:1……………WITHOUT any scriptural support to back this OPINION up.

For my part, I've already showed you that the earth was not “from eternity” – even though the same word is used in reference to ITS creation.

I'll add to that this scripture:
    Mark 13:19
    because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when God created the world, until now—and never to be equaled again.

Mark, do you believe the world has existed from eternity?  YES or NO?

And this one:
    John 15:27
    And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

Mark, do you believe that the disciples Jesus said this to were all with him from eternity?  YES or NO?

peace,
    mike

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (mikeangel @ Oct. 13 2011,05:48)
    The one God, even the Father, signifies the Godhead as the sole object of all religious worship……………….

Hi Mark,

Once again your answer is not according to the scripture I quoted.  Here is the scripture and the questions one more time…………….please address these questions DIRECTLY and ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE QUOTED.

AFTER that, I will be happy to address all your points.  :)

5 For even if there are those called gods, whether in heaven or on earth (as indeed there are many gods and many lords), 6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

1.  Mark, ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE ABOVE, how many Gods are there for “US”?

2.  ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURE ABOVE, who is that God identified as?

Please answer according to the scripture above, Mark.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 13 2011,18:04)
    All, including Mike,

There are three.

Agreed.  Which ONE of them is “the only true God” according to Jesus?  (John 17:3)

Pastry
    Participant

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 14 2011,11:04)
    All, including Mike,

There are three.

Three.

shimmer, the Holy Spirit is not the third person of the trinity, but our heavenly Fathers Spirit….

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters

The Spirit of God…

Gen 6:3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

My Spirit

Job 33:4 The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.

The Spirit od God

1Jo 4:2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:

Spirit of God….

shimmer, now I am going ask you too if The Holy Spirit would be separate from God and a person, then who would be the Father of Jesus? The Holy Spirit the third person of the trinity? think we know better…Peace and Love Irene

carmel
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 14 2011,13:09)

Let me fill in the blank of “At some point and time”. God begot himself through Mary.

No Mark.  God begot a Son unto Himself.  God did not beget God.

They are one.

They are TWO – God AND the Son He begot.

You cannot assume that it doesn't mean from eternity.

And my point is that YOU can't just assume it DOES mean “from eternity” – especially when many scriptures contradict that understanding.

At this point Genisis also says the spirit was hovering above the waters. It was from eternity too. There is no reason for me to conclude anything else.

So then you apparently assume that the waters over which the Holy Spirit was hovering were also from eternity?  Is that correct?

I do not base my belief of Jesus being part of the literal “Alpha and Omega” God solely on my belief  of the beginning being eternity. There are many other scriptures that support it, but like you said, one at a time, Right?

Right; and thank you for doing it this way.

Prove that it doesn't, which you haven't yet. In your response, there are many “most likely”, and “don't necessarily have to”, which are your assumptions, based on YOUR beliefs.

It is not for ME to prove a negative, Mark.  It is for YOU to prove the positive.  YOU are the one who made a claim that “beginning” HAS TO MEAN “from eternity” in John 1:1……………WITHOUT any scriptural support to back this OPINION up.

For my part, I've already showed you that the earth was not “from eternity” – even though the same word is used in reference to ITS creation.

I'll add to that this scripture:
    Mark 13:19
    because those will be days of distress unequaled from the beginning, when God created the world, until now—and never to be equaled again.

Mark, do you believe the world has existed from eternity?  YES or NO?

And this one:
    John 15:27
    And you also must testify, for you have been with me from the beginning.

Mark, do you believe that the disciples Jesus said this to were all with him from eternity?  YES or NO?

peace,
    mike

Mike,

YES

Human corrupted logic,common sense,and reasoning,says no, but God's logic says yes.

John 17 :6 have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word.

John 6:70Jesus answered them, Have not I chosen you twelve

Mike, explain this thine they were, and thou gavest them me;

Since the apostles were the property of the Father, and the Father is always a spirit being,and they were given to Jesus ,assert through your worldly wisdom which is foolishness for God,   1Corinthians 3:19For the wisdom of this world is foolishness with God where were they before were given to Jesus?

Since Jesus is confirming that He chose them Himself, assert that he chose them only on earth,and not also before when He Himself, when He was one God  with the Father as a spirit being?considering that they belonged to the Father?

Peace and love in Jesus Christ

Charles Saliba

shimmer
    Participant

Quote (mikeboll64 @ Oct. 14 2011,15:19)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 13 2011,18:04)
    All, including Mike,

There are three.

Agreed.  Which ONE of them is “the only true God” according to Jesus?  (John 17:3)

Mike, you agree that there are three?

In answer to you question, the Father.

shimmer
    Participant

Terra & Irene, and Mike,

Good verses Irene you had.

OK,

Firstly, the Holy Spirit is not something you pray to – Because the Holy Spirit is inside you.

The Holy Spirit is speaking for you. The Holy Spirit is leading & guiding you. This is all in scriptures. So with the opening verses in things like the Epistles, the reason why it mentiones the Father and Jesus and NOT the Spirit, is because the Holy Spirit was speaking THROUGH them, true??

“They were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and they spoke the word of God with boldness”.
    “And they were all filled with the Holy Spirit, and began to speak with other tongues, as the Spirit gave them utterance”.

So when you see things like:

“Grace to you and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ”.

WHO is speaking?

Is it not the Holy Spirit speaking through them? So WHY is the word Holy Spirit missing from the address – because the Holy Spirit is the one doing the talking!

I agree with most of the things you say, however with this issue, I disagree. The Holy Spirit IS an individual being.

Do you think that because God the Father is Spirit, he is NOT an individual?
    So it is with the Holy Spirit.
    Though Spirit, clearly, by what Jesus said, the Holy Spirit IS an individual.
    The Spirit was SENT by the Father, just as JESUS was SENT
    I'm only going by what the bible says.

Your question Irene regarding the conception of Jesus,

Jesus was concieved by the power of God.

“And the messenger answering said to her, 'The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee, therefore also the holy-begotten thing shall be called Son of God” (YLT)

Speaking of Melchizedek, King of Salem, in Hebrews,

Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abides a priest continually.

And it is yet far more evident: that after the similitude of Melchizedek there arises another priest, Who is made, not after the law of a carnal (fleshly) commandment, but after the power of an endless life. For he testifies, You are a priest forever after the order of Melchizedek.'. (YLT)

terraricca
    Participant

shimmer

Firstly, the Holy Spirit is not something you pray to – Because the Holy Spirit is inside you.

was in the Pharisees ?if not why not ??

many believed but did not have the holy spirit ,right ?? why is that ??

then why after Christ the holy spirit was transfer trough the imposing of hands of the apostles ??

if now you say we have it why and how and wen do we received it ??

I agree with most of the things you say, however with this issue, I disagree. The Holy Spirit IS an individual being.

so since you say that the holy spirit is a individual being ,what are your bases to say that in scriptures ?? or is it your opinion only?

and how can he be divided in so many ways ?

well I will see your answers now

Pierre

carmel
    Participant

Quote (Pastry @ Oct. 14 2011,13:31)

Quote (shimmer @ Oct. 14 2011,11:04)
    All, including Mike,

There are three.

Three.

shimmer, the Holy Spirit is not the third person of the trinity, but our heavenly Fathers Spirit….

Gen 1:2   And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness [was] upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters

The Spirit of God…

Gen 6:3   And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also [is] flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.  

My Spirit

Job 33:4   The Spirit of God hath made me, and the breath of the Almighty hath given me life.  

The Spirit od God

1Jo 4:2   Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God:  

Spirit of God….

shimmer, now I am going ask you too if The Holy Spirit would be separate from God and a person, then who would be the Father of Jesus? The Holy Spirit the third person of the trinity?   think we know better…Peace and Love Irene

Irene,

The Holy Spirit is the third person of the Holy Trinity.

The Father has His Spirit'

The Son has His Spirit.

We are born again through the power of the Holy Spirit,and He is in us, and  through His power we may have the  Father and the Son abiding in us, but they still remain in heaven. But we actually have the third person within us,and through Him we comunicate both with the Father and the Son.

Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters

WE are not capable to define the functions of the three persons of God.

God the Father with His Spirit always remained in Heaven.

The Father with the power of the Holy Spirit created all through his Son.

36And he that reapeth receiveth wages, and gathereth fruit unto life eternal: that both he that soweth and he that reapeth may rejoice together.

37And herein is that saying true, One soweth, and another reapeth.

Jesus in these scriptures is making it clear that Holy Spirit (soweth) and He (reapeth) while the Father remained in heaven within His Spirit.

1 John 5 :7 For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: AND THESE THREE ARE ONE.

peace and love in Jesus Christ

Charles

Pastry
    Participant

“And the messenger answering said to her, 'The Holy Spirit shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee, therefore also the holy-begotten thing shall be called Son of God” (YLT)

Shimmer! You quoted here, yet you don;t believe that the Holy Spirit is the power of the Highest????
    That the Holy Spirit is the power of God and not another being….You also will have to do away with all other Scriptures I quoted…. what do they mean to you???

Peace Irene

shimmer
    Participant

Hey Terra.

Quote (terraricca @ Oct. 15 2011,03:11)
    was in the Pharisees ?if not why not ??

many believed but did not have the holy spirit ,right ?? why is that ??

No. Not in the Pharisees nor others. “You are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwells in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.(Romans 8:9)

“But you, beloved, remember the words which were spoken before by the apostles of our Lord Jesus Christ: how they told you that there would be mockers in the last time who would walk according to their own ungodly desires. These are the men who cause divisions among you, who follow mere natural instincts and do not have the Spirit.” (Jude 19)

“The man without the Spirit does not accept the things that come from the Spirit of God, for they are foolishness to him, and he cannot understand them, because they are spiritually discerned.” (1 Cor. 2:14))

then why after Christ the holy spirit was transfer trough the imposing of hands of the apostles ??

if now you say we have it why and how and wen do we received it ??

Terra Paul said: “What? know you not that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit who is in you, whom you have of God, and you are not your own?” (1 Corin 6:19)

“I would like to learn just one thing from you; did you receive the Spirit by observing the law, or by believing what you heard?” (Gal 3:2)

“And it happened, while Apollos was at Corinth, that Paul, having passed through the upper regions, came to Ephesus. And finding some disciples he said to them, “Did you receive the Holy Spirit when you believed?” So they said to him, “We have not so much as heard whether there is a Holy Spirit.” and he said to them, “Into what then were you baptized?” So they said, “Into John’s baptism.” Then Paul said, “John indeed baptized with a baptism of repentance, saying to the people that they should believe on Him who would come after him, that is, on Christ Jesus.” When they heard this, they were baptized in the name of the Lord Jesus. And when Paul had laid hands on them, the Holy Spirit came upon them, and they spoke with tongues and prophesied. (Acts 19:1-6)

For us whom the Holy Spirit has indwelt; for us who have been born again by His regenerating power, who have believed in the Lord Jesus Christ, this need not be the case. As believers, we have the following promise of our wonderful Savior to trust in: “When the Spirit of truth comes, he will guide you into all the truth.” (John 16:13)

“And you also were included in Christ when you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation. Having believed, you were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit, which is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.” (Eph I: 13-14)

so since you say that the holy spirit is a individual being ,what are your bases to say that in scriptures ?? or is it your opinion only?

Terra the words 'He', as in the verses I gave back a page or two ago, and they are the words of Jesus. Who can argue with that?

and how can he be divided in so many ways ?

Terra, Spirit is different. It's not flesh.
    The Holy Spirit is ominpresent & omniscient (present everywhere and has total knowledge).

Viewing 20 posts - 241 through 260 (of 1,036 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account