Catholicism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

To Robyn †

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 23 2006,19:10)
    Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

This statement is scriptural too

That tells me that the Holy Bible says that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit are One.

It says that to you because you are drunk on the wine of Babylon and have gone mad.

But the scripture simply says that YHWH is one. It doesn't triune. At least it doesn't say that in any bible I have read.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    When this happens then you comrpare translations in case yours is inaccurate.
    So here are a few more

NASB
    “19namely, that (A)God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, (B)not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
    KJV
    ” 19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
    Young's literal
    ” 19how that God was in Christ — a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation, “
    NIV
    “19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.”
    ESV
    “19that is, in Christ God was reconciling[a] the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

It would appear that the catholic bible has been crafted to deceive you.

Dear Robyn,

Sis, does it not say that God is not a God of confusion. Think for a minute. If God was going to come to the earth, would he not come as himself? Why would he take on the form of his Son, say that he begat his Son when it is really him. That is confusion. God would not do that. God would come as God. But he said that he begat his Son, the Word. Now if God said he begat a Son, he begat a Son. It is that simple. To say anything different is to argue with God and his Word. If you look up the word begat, it means to bring into existance. Now, how God begat the Son is greater then even how an earthly Father begat a son. We cannot comprehend how wonderful it was, for the Son was the beginning of all creation. He is the beginning. He is the birth of creation as we know it.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 23 2006,00:15)
    Hi Robyn,
    When this happens then you comapre translations in case your's is inaccurate.
    So here are a few more

NASB
    “19namely, that (A)God was in Christ reconciling the world to Himself, (B)not counting their trespasses against them, and He has committed to us the word of reconciliation.
    KJV
    ” 19To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.
    Young's literal
    ” 19how that God was in Christ — a world reconciling to Himself, not reckoning to them their trespasses; and having put in us the word of the reconciliation, “
    NIV
    “19that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.”
    ESV
    “19that is, in Christ God was reconciling[a] the world to himself, not counting their trespasses against them, and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

It would appear that the catholic bible has been crafted to deceive you.

Well..who do you think put the Bible together? We Catholics did. After that…People took out books that didn't suit them and added stuff that did.

david
    Participant

We Catholics did.

So when it comes to bloodshed and hatred and war and death, those Catholics that did those things bear the blame. It has nothing to do with you.

But “We Catholics did” put the Bible together.

Interesting.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Robyn †

The Catholic Church didn't write the books in the Bible, but they did try to control it. So what was their motive?

Well after compiling the books together as one edition, they then denied ordinary people the books in the bible. When Martin Luther translated the bible for the ordinary people that really annoyed the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church.

You need to open your eyes.

Do you think you would even have access to the books in the bible if the Roman Catholic Church leaders had their way?

It is about control, not about enlightening ordinary people to the gospel and teachings in scripture.

Control vs freedom.

I choose freedom and it is the truth that sets us free, and scripture is true.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    I am grateful for whoever gave us the bible.
    Would it not be a great tragedy if they did not listen to the Words of life within it?

“Well..who do you think put the Bible together? We Catholics did”

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Nick.

When you say we Catholics that is true. But of course as we know the Catholic Church is not the same as the Roman Catholic Church. Good one bro. Or was that just a quote that never got quoted?

Correct me if I am wrong Nick, but I don't think that the Roman Catholics truly gave us the bible generously, so much as they were forced to give us their version lest the Protestants filled the world with their ones.

I am not that clued up on the exact history, but didn't the Roman Catholics leadership deny the common people the scriptures until they were forced too for the reason I mentioned above?

If so, then God certainly caught them in their own craftiness because by trying to control the bible by compiling the books and then denying the people the scriptures, they actually helped preserve the books. Then those that protested at the Catholics forced them to distribute that which they didn't want to share.

That may be too simplistic a view, but what can anyone add, to fill in the gaps, or as a correction.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi T8,
    They were forbidden to read it.
    It was a banned book.

It is all about power and control.

And their sorcery still controls the minds of millions who will not walk alone with Jesus.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Well anyone who has eyes to see can surely understand that the spirit of God wouldn't deny those who seek the truth. Yet the Roman Catholics abused their power and denied people just like us, the sacred scriptures.

Can you imagine what life would be like if you didn't ever have a bible?

I am sure that we could still have faith, but without the written word, it surely would have been very hard.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 23 2006,00:47)
    Hi Robyn †

The Catholic Church didn't write the books in the Bible, but they did try to control it. So what was their motive?

Well after compiling the books together as one edition, they then denied ordinary people the books in the bible. When Martin Luther translated the bible for the ordinary people that really annoyed the leaders of the Roman Catholic Church.

You need to open your eyes.

Do you think you would even have access to the books in the bible if the Roman Catholic Church leaders had their way?

It is about control, not about enlightening ordinary people to the gospel and teachings in scripture.

Control vs freedom.

I choose freedom and it is the truth that sets us free, and scripture is true.

Okay t8,

I think you should learn a little history about the Holy Bible. The Roman Catholic church carefully went over the books and scriptures. They rejected some and approved others..putting together the canon of the New Testament. If the Holy Roman Catholic church did not do this….there would be no New Testament today. You owe the Catholic church for the bible you are reading and quoting from daily. Simple fact.

Think about it. Because of the divine authority of the Holy Roman Catholic church..the books that were put together to form the Holy Bible as scripture and the word of God.

It was the Catholic Church and no other which selected and listed the inspired books of both the Old Testament and the New Testament…If you can accept the Bible or any part of it as inspired Word of God, you can do so only because the Holy Roman Catholic Church says it is.

You should thank us and not dis our church.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 23 2006,11:37)
    Hi T8,
    It was a banned book.

And their sorcery still controls the minds of millions who will not walk alone with Jesus.

Nick…think about this. There was never a Bible before the Holy Roman Catholic church pronounced it to be so. You don't get it do you. Our church put the Holy Bible together…and since the books of the Bible constituting both the Old and the New Testament were determined solely by the authority of the Catholic Church, without the Church there would have been no Bible, and hence no Christians like you. You owe everything to our church including your faith.

Mercy
    Participant

And yet the Roman Catholic Church has a completely different doctrine than that of scripture.

epistemaniac
    Participant

Robyn, something you need to know about the history of your own church: Rome never officially canonized the Apocrypha until the Council of Trent in the 1500’s ….. so much then, for the never changing Roman Church

secondly, don't get too upset by strong language directed towards the declaration of apostasy for Rome… after all, they make it quite clear that they anathematize anyone who disagrees with them on many many issues….

One Catholic site says “Trent also hurled 125 anathemas (eternal damnation's) against anyone that denies the Catholic doctrine. These anathemas should not be looked upon in a negative light. The Church concerned with the spiritual welfare of mankind warned all against the danger of embracing error as any good guardian would do with those in trusted to their care.” http://www.geocities.com/peterpaulmin/CoucilofTrent.html

So Rome directly damns me for my beliefs concerning salvation here in the following anathemas:

“(Anathemas condemning anyone that accepts the idea of Justification by Faith Alone)

“If any one saith, that by faith alone the impious is justified; in such wise as to mean, that nothing else is required to co-operate in order to the obtaining the grace of Justification, and that it is not in any way necessary, that he be prepared and disposed by the movement of his own will; let him be anathema.” Sixth Session CANON IX

“If any one saith, that justifying faith is nothing else but confidence in the divine mercy which remits sins for Christ's sake; or, that this confidence alone is that whereby we are justified; let him be anathema.” Sixth Session CANON XII” (ibid)

Fortunately (or unfortunately, depending on how you look at the situation) many even here at this site have escaped Rome's damnation by returning to their synergistic (faith plus works being necessary for salvation) views on salvation, so that these supposed non or even anti Catholic’s doctrine of salvation is actually a return to Rome's apostasy and their abandoning the Gospel itself.

blessings

epistemaniac
    Participant

Quote (heiscomingintheclouds @ Aug. 17 2006,02:06)

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 17 2006,01:52)
    I will be honest with you t8.  Everything I have been telling you is just what I was taught. I am just repeating what I was told over the years.  I never studied the scriptures like most of you.  I have faith in my Church and God. I am out of my league here.  I'm actually just a university student about ready to start my second year at school.

Dear Robyn,

Sister, forget what you have been taught. Denominational teachings are grounded on the words of men. There is only one faith, and that is the Word of God. Don't believe anything other then the Word of God. That is what is wrong with many of the churches today. They have facilliated their own ideas and interpretations of the Word of God, ignoring what the Word says. They have added and taken away from the Word of God. It is for this reason truth is such a rare commodity in the world today. For the further man gets from the truth in God's Word, the more corrupt the world will become.

something to point out about this post…. everyone… EVERYONE…. has “facilliated their own ideas and interpretations of the Word of God”… No one is a perfect balnk slate objective interpreter of the Word of God. Those who deny the Trinity are no less “guilty” (if this is even the right word) than those who believe the doctrine of the Trinity to be a biblical doctrine.

blessings

seminarian
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 21 2006,18:32)

Quote (seminarian @ Aug. 21 2006,17:51)
    If Nick is wrong or somehow uninformed as to scripture, it is your duty to correct him……….

Nope..Nick is right… and so are you semmy. Everything is right because you think it..therfore it is correct and Gods way.

Hi Robyn,

You reply here only proves my point even more so. If you can't come up with the “goods”, i.e. the Bible verses to correct Nick or me, then perhaps it would be better to remain silent as you have. Well done.

God bless and keep you,

Semmy

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 23 2006,16:57)

Hi T8,
    It was a banned book.

Nick…think about this.  There was never a Bible before the Holy Roman Catholic church pronounced it to be so.  You don't get it do you. Our church put the Holy Bible together…and since the books of the Bible constituting both the Old and the New Testament were determined solely by the authority of the Catholic Church, without the Church there would have been no Bible, and hence no Christians like you.  You owe everything to our church including your faith.

Hi Robyn,
    A donkey has spoken truth before today.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 23 2006,19:21)

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 23 2006,16:57)

Hi T8,
    It was a banned book.

Nick…think about this.  There was never a Bible before the Holy Roman Catholic church pronounced it to be so.  You don't get it do you. Our church put the Holy Bible together…and since the books of the Bible constituting both the Old and the New Testament were determined solely by the authority of the Catholic Church, without the Church there would have been no Bible, and hence no Christians like you.  You owe everything to our church including your faith.

Hi Robyn,
    A donkey has spoken truth before today.

What's that suppose to mean? You calling me a donkey?

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (seminarian @ Aug. 23 2006,18:01)

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 21 2006,18:32)

Quote (seminarian @ Aug. 21 2006,17:51)
    If Nick is wrong or somehow uninformed as to scripture, it is your duty to correct him……….

Nope..Nick is right… and so are you semmy. Everything is right because you think it..therfore it is correct and Gods way.

Hi Robyn,

You reply here only proves my point even more so.  If you can't come up with the “goods”, i.e. the Bible verses to correct Nick or me, then perhaps it would be better to remain silent as you have.  Well done.

God bless and keep you,

Semmy

It doesn't matter. You do not agree..therefore it is false. The gospel circles around you. If you say the world is flat…it is flat. It is all in your mind.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Mercy @ Aug. 23 2006,17:11)
    And yet the Roman Catholic Church has a completely different doctrine than that of scripture.

It is how you decided to interpret the scripture. That is what makes you right and 1.2 billion people wrong.

Viewing 20 posts - 141 through 160 (of 393 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account