Catholicism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 393 total)
  • Author
    Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 22 2006,11:51)
    Well Nick…what can I say? You are right and everyone else is wrong. the gospel of Jesus Christ circles around you.

2 Timothy 3:16
    All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That is all it is Robyn †. We are not right, scripture is. We are only right when we agree with truth, and scripture is truth.

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 21 2006,22:49)

Well Nick…what can I say?  You are right and everyone else is wrong.  the gospel of Jesus Christ circles around you.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

That is all it is Robyn †. We are not right, scripture is. We are only right when we agree with truth, and scripture is truth.

Well said brother.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (seminarian @ Aug. 22 2006,12:51)
    If Nick is wrong or somehow uninformed as to scripture, it is your duty to correct him using the Bible. Titus 1:9 says, “We must hold to the trustworthy message as it has been taught, so that he can encourage others by sound doctrine and refute those who oppose it.” Making sweeping statements like that does not qualify as such. When people post things like that, it is a clear indicator that they can not come back with a scriptural rebuttal to prove their beliefs.

Good advice Semmy.

Yes, we should all be like the Bereans.

Acts 17:11
    Now the Bereans were of more noble character than the Thessalonians, for they received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true.

:)

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 21 2006,22:49)
    Hi Robyn,
    Judge us if you must but please do so because we stray from the scriptures.
    We are weak humans like you and servants of the Master and his is our righteousness.

You think I'm the one that is judging? :) I don't get it.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    What matters is whether or not we are yet ready to face our God.
    If God chose to withdraw from us today the gift of natural life our opportunities to obey Him are gone.
    No man knows the day or the hour when He will take our life and we must be ready.
    We must have obeyed all the righteous demands of God just as Jesus had.

He had three witnesses before God in heaven
    1Jn 5.5-11
    ” 5Who is the one who overcomes the world, but he who (A)believes that Jesus is the Son of God?

6This is the One who came (B)by water and blood, Jesus Christ; not with the water only, but with the water and with the blood It is Âthe Spirit who testifies, because the Spirit is the truth.

7For there are (D)three that testify:

8[a]the Spirit and the water and the blood; and the three are in agreement.

9(E)If we receive the testimony of men, the testimony of God is greater; for the testimony of God is this, that (F)He has testified concerning His Son.

10The one who believes in the Son of God (G)has the testimony in himself; the one who does not believe God has (H)made Him a liar, because he has not believed in the testimony that God has given concerning His Son.

11And the testimony is this, that God has given us (I)eternal life, and (J)this life is in His Son.”

Ecc 7 1-5
    ” 1A (A)good name is better than a good ointment,
    And the (B)day of one's death is better than the day of one's birth.
    2It is better to go to a house of mourning
    Than to go to a house of feasting,
    Because that is the Âend of every man,
    And the living (D)takes it to heart.
    3(E)Sorrow is better than laughter,
    For (F)when a face is sad a heart may be happy.
    4The mind of the wise is in the house of mourning,
    While the mind of fools is in the house of pleasure.
    5It is better to (G)listen to the rebuke of a wise man
    Than for one to listen to the song of fools.”

God wants to remove that anxiety and fear of failure and replace it with peace unto eternity.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 21 2006,06:01)
    Israel is depicted in Jeremiah chapter 44 as worshiping a purported 'Queen of Heaven' who had given the world a saving son, and was known as the “Mother of God”.

Suspicious is it not, that the icons of Madonna and Child were esteemed by Babylon hundreds of years before baby Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

But then, God knew of the conspiratorial genius of Satan to prepare an immitation birth which he would then utilize to fake, and pass on an unsuspecting world as the real deal.

Satan's masterpiece work, is not to develop easily discernible false religions, but to take that which Christ has given, and subtly change it into something that it isn't, without provoking suspicion.

The Roman Catholic Church is a masterpiece work of Satan, and he utilizes it by kneading together Christian ideals with the ancient Babylonian pagan religious system that it is based upon.

Rome among a few other cities is called the “city on seven hills”. Is this a coincedence? The seven-hilled city mentioned by John in the book of Revelation chapter 17:9; has an abominable name written on her forehead:

Revelation 17:5
    This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTESAND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:9
    “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.

Revelation 17:18
    The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

So here we have this so-called church with 1.2 billion followers and their HQ is not only located in a city with seven hills, but they esteem Mary as the Mother of God too.

Revelation 18:4
    Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Satan has deceived the whole world as it is written, but not all are deceived, for not all are of this world.

Christ is coming back for a bride without spot or blemish.

I can't understand why you seem so upset about the Virgin Mary is referred to as the Mother of God. Since Mary is Jesus mother, it must be concluded that she is also the Mother of God. It is simple logic. The Virgin Mary carried Jesus in her womb.

If you look at 2nd John 1:7..it says that Jesus Christ is God “in the flesh” Also in John 1:14 it reads…”And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father's only Son, full of grace and truth.”

The Virgin Mary was very special. She contributed to the making of genetic matter to the human form God took in Jesus Christ.

For some reason you feel that Mary did not carry God in her womb. You may think that Mary gave birth to Christs “Human Nature”. You have to remember that women do not give birth to “Human Natures”. They give birth to persons. May gave birth to Jesus Christ….God in human form. Thus Mary is the Mother of God.

Saying that the Virgin mary is not the Mother of God sort of would kinda imply doubt about Jesus divinity.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 21 2006,22:49)

Well Nick…what can I say?  You are right and everyone else is wrong.  the gospel of Jesus Christ circles around you.

It is how you interpute the scriptures.

Let's look at a simple one. John 10:30-33. It reads….

30 The Father and I are one.”
    31 The Jews again picked up rocks to stone him.
    32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?”
    33 The Jews answered him, “We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God.”

That is proof that Jesus is God.

Here is another one. This is John 8:58-59.

58 Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.”
    59 So they picked up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid and went out of the temple area.

That is proof that Jesus is God because he Existed before his birth and he said “I am”

You will take those same scriptures and interpute them to what suits you.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    Here are your scriptures
    Jn 1.7-14
    ” 7He came (B)as a witness, to testify about the Light, ©so that all might believe through him.

8(D)He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.

9There was (E)the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.

10He was in the world, and (F)the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

11He came to His [c]own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.

12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become (G)children of God, even (H)to those who believe in His name,

13(I)who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word Made Flesh
    14And (J)the Word (K)became flesh, and (L)dwelt among us, and (M)we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of (N)grace and (O)truth.”

So where does it say here Jesus is God who came in flesh?
    How does that thought comapre with 1 Jn 4?

” 2By this you know the Spirit of God: (D)every spirit that (E)confesses that (F)Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

3and every spirit that (G)does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the (H)antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and (I)now it is already in the world.”

You have derived falsely that Jesus is God where scripture says he is the Son of God, and from that you have wandered further into the mists and swamps saying that the mother of the Son of God is the mother of God Himself.

Come back before you get totally lost.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 22 2006,21:14)
    Here are your scriptures
    Jn 1.7-14
    ” 7He came (B)as a witness, to testify about the Light, ©so that all might believe through him.

8(D)He was not the Light, but he came to testify about the Light.

9There was (E)the true Light which, coming into the world, enlightens every man.

10He was in the world, and (F)the world was made through Him, and the world did not know Him.

11He came to His [c]own, and those who were His own did not receive Him.

12But as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become (G)children of God, even (H)to those who believe in His name,

13(I)who were born, not of blood nor of the will of the flesh nor of the will of man, but of God.

The Word Made Flesh
    14And (J)the Word (K)became flesh, and (L)dwelt among us, and (M)we saw His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of (N)grace and (O)truth.”

So where does it say here Jesus is God who came in flesh?
    How does that thought comapre with 1 Jn 4?

” 2By this you know the Spirit of God: (D)every spirit that (E)confesses that (F)Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God;

3and every spirit that (G)does not confess Jesus is not from God; this is the spirit of the (H)antichrist, of which you have heard that it is coming, and (I)now it is already in the world.”

You have derived falsely that Jesus is God where scripture says he is the Son of God, and from that you have wandered further into the mists and swamps saying that the mother of the Son of God is the mother of God Himself.

Come back before you get totally lost.

I had a feeling you were going to do that…and I actually answered you above your post.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    You said
    “Let's look at a simple one. John 10:30-33. It reads….

32 Jesus answered them, “I have shown you many good works from my Father. For which of these are you trying to stone me?”
    33 The Jews answered him, “We are not stoning you for a good work but for blasphemy. You, a man, are making yourself God.”

The Jews say that he was claiming to be God. Do you agree with them, or with Jesus who denied he was God stating instead he is the Son of that God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    You said
    “Here is another one. This is John 8:58-59.

58 Jesus said to them, “Amen, amen, I say to you, before Abraham came to be, I AM.”
    59 So they picked up stones to throw at him; but Jesus hid and went out of the temple area.

That is proof that Jesus is God because he Existed before his birth and he said “I am””

Jesus was before Abraham.
    He was with God in the beginning.
    If he is God
    who is the Son of God?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    You said
    “Saying that the Virgin mary is not the Mother of God sort of would kinda imply doubt about Jesus divinity.”
    but scripture says not that he is a deity but that
    “God was IN HIM reconciling the world to Himself”[[2Cor 5.19]

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 23 2006,16:12)
    It is how you interpute the scriptures.

Let's look at a simple one. John 10:30-33. It reads….

That is proof that Jesus is God.

To Robyn †.

The point here was that Jesus denied that accusation and said he is the son of that God. Not God himself.

As Nick said, why make the same accusation that the Jews made, especially considering that Jesus defended himself by saying that he was the son. You just need to read on to see the truth.

John 10:34-36
    34 Jesus answered them, “Is it not written in your Law, 'I have said you are gods'?
    35 If he called them 'gods,' to whom the word of God came—and the Scripture cannot be broken—
    36 what about the one whom the Father set apart as his very own and sent into the world? Why then do you accuse me of blasphemy because I said, 'I am God's Son'?

You know Robyn †, you can make scripture say just about anything if you do not include the context.

E.g., Deuteronomy 32:39
    …..There is no god….

Or 2 Kings 5:15
    ……”Now I know that there is no God in all the world…….

Or Psalm 14:1
    ……”There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

See how important context is.

The last verse is of course saying that the fool says “There is no God”.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 23 2006,15:53)

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 21 2006,06:01)
    Israel is depicted in Jeremiah chapter 44 as worshiping a purported 'Queen of Heaven' who had given the world a saving son, and was known as the “Mother of God”.

Suspicious is it not, that the icons of Madonna and Child were esteemed by Babylon hundreds of years before baby Jesus was born in Bethlehem.

But then, God knew of the conspiratorial genius of Satan to prepare an immitation birth which he would then utilize to fake, and pass on an unsuspecting world as the real deal.

Satan's masterpiece work, is not to develop easily discernible false religions, but to take that which Christ has given, and subtly change it into something that it isn't, without provoking suspicion.

The Roman Catholic Church is a masterpiece work of Satan, and he utilizes it by kneading together Christian ideals with the ancient Babylonian pagan religious system that it is based upon.

Rome among a few other cities is called the “city on seven hills”. Is this a coincedence? The seven-hilled city mentioned by John in the book of Revelation chapter 17:9; has an abominable name written on her forehead:

Revelation 17:5
    This title was written on her forehead: MYSTERY BABYLON THE GREAT THE MOTHER OF PROSTITUTESAND OF THE ABOMINATIONS OF THE EARTH.

Revelation 17:9
    “This calls for a mind with wisdom. The seven heads are seven hills on which the woman sits.

Revelation 17:18
    The woman you saw is the great city that rules over the kings of the earth.”

So here we have this so-called church with 1.2 billion followers and their HQ is not only located in a city with seven hills, but they esteem Mary as the Mother of God too.

Revelation 18:4
    Then I heard another voice from heaven say: “Come out of her, my people, so that you will not share in her sins, so that you will not receive any of her plagues;

Satan has deceived the whole world as it is written, but not all are deceived, for not all are of this world.

Christ is coming back for a bride without spot or blemish.

I can't understand why you seem so upset about the Virgin Mary is referred to as the Mother of God. Since Mary is Jesus mother, it must be concluded that she is also the Mother of God. It is simple logic. The Virgin Mary carried Jesus in her womb.

If you look at 2nd John 1:7..it says that Jesus Christ is God “in the flesh” Also in John 1:14 it reads…”And the Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us, and we saw his glory, the glory as of the Father's only Son, full of grace and truth.”

The Virgin Mary was very special. She contributed to the making of genetic matter to the human form God took in Jesus Christ.

For some reason you feel that Mary did not carry God in her womb. You may think that Mary gave birth to Christs “Human Nature”. You have to remember that women do not give birth to “Human Natures”. They give birth to persons. May gave birth to Jesus Christ….God in human form. Thus Mary is the Mother of God.

Saying that the Virgin mary is not the Mother of God sort of would kinda imply doubt about Jesus divinity.

Mary was the mother of Jesus, not God. God doesn't have a mother. The “Mother of God” comes from the Babylonian system of which we are told to “come out of her”.

The Two Babylons – by Alexander Hislop

The Babylonians, in their popular religion, supremely worshipped a Goddess Mother and a Son, who was represented in pictures and in images as an infant or child in his mother's arms. ( see figures 5 and 6) From Babylon, this worship of the Mother and the Child spread to the ends of the earth. In Egypt, the Mother and the Child were worshipped under the names of Isis and Osiris. * In India, even to this day, as Isi and Iswara; ** in Asia, as Cybele and Deoius; in Pagan Rome, as Fortuna and Jupiter-puer, or Jupiter, the boy; in Greece, as Ceres, the Great Mother, with the babe at her breast, or as Irene, the goddess of Peace, with the boy Plutus in her arms; and even in Thibet, in China, and Japan, the Jesuit missionaries were astronished to find the counterpart of Madonna *** and her child as devoutly worshipped as in Papal Rome itself; Shing Moo, the Holy Mother in China, being represented with a child in her arms, and a glory around her, exactly as if a Roman Catholic artist had been employed to set her up.

Jeremiah 51:7
    Babylon was a gold cup in the LORD's hand; she made the whole earth drunk. The nations drank her wine; therefore they have now gone mad.

Revelation 18:3
    For all the nations have drunk the maddening wine of her adulteries. The kings of the earth committed adultery with her, and the merchants of the earth grew rich from her excessive luxuries.”

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 22 2006,21:58)
    who is the Son of God?

Jesus…God in human form.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Jesus – The Word who became flesh.

Which statement is scriptural?
    Your one, or the one above?

Perhaps scripture is not that important to you?
    That being the case, it is your choice.

But I myself am not interested in being drunk on the wine of Babylon. I have to face God at the judgement and I want to hear the words “Well done my good and faithful servant”.

What do you want to hear?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Robyn,
    It does not bother you that the scriptures say that it was not God but the Son of God in flesh?
    Then whom do you follow?
    Is it safe to listen to strangers?

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 22 2006,22:00)
    Hi Robyn,
    You said
    “Saying that the Virgin mary is not the Mother of God sort of would kinda imply doubt about Jesus divinity.”

My Holy Bible says

19 And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given us the ministry of reconciliation,
    namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

I don't know where you got that scripture.

http://usccb.org/nab/bible/2corinthians/2corinthians5.htm

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Robyn † @ Aug. 23 2006,18:58)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Aug. 22 2006,22:00)
    Hi Robyn,
    You said

My Holy Bible says

19 And all this is from God, who has reconciled us to himself through Christ and given us the ministry of reconciliation,
    namely, God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting their trespasses against them and entrusting to us the message of reconciliation.

I don't know where you got that scripture.

http://usccb.org/nab/bible/2corinthians/2corinthians5.htm

Correct. God was in Christ.

Did you know that God can be in you too.

Would you be God if God was in you?

Of course not.

Robyn †
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ Aug. 22 2006,23:57)
    Jesus – The Word who became flesh.

Which statement is scriptural?
    Your one, or the one above?

Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one!

This statement is scriptural too

That tells me that the Holy Bible says that God the Father, Jesus Christ the Son of God, and the Holy Spirit are One.

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 393 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account