Bod

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 72 total)
  • Author
    2besee
    Participant

……Will you go around in circles, until you get to the way?

Only open to Bodhitharta and myself.

A friendly discussion on Jesus Christ, and the Father. :)

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 22 2013,22:44)
    ……Will you go around in circles, until you get to the way?

Only open to Bodhitharta and myself.

A friendly discussion on Jesus Christ, and the Father. :)

I Appreciate the invite :) So where should we start?

JesusChrist told us the way is to WORSHIP GOD:

Revelation 19:10
    And I fell at his feet to worship him. And he said unto me, See thou do it not: I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren that have the testimony of Jesus: worship God: for the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy.

Now, I will ask you, are you a Monotheist or a Polytheist?

I am a Monotheist I Only Believe in a SINGULAR BEING that is GOD. Do you believe in gods? do you believe that Jesus is also a god?

2besee
    Participant

Hi Bod,
    Thanks for joining me. :)

You asked: Am I am a monotheist, like you?

Yes!

Like a moth which is drawn to the light, so am I drawn to the one God.

“Other gods”…. do not exist to me.

I believe that Jesus was a man, 100%.

As a quick explanation, or recap:

Adam was the father of mankind, though God was Adam's Father.
    Similarly, Jesus is the father of eternal life, though God is his Father.

Jesus was the only begotten son of God in the sense that he was begotten of God due to his being the only sinless man to live, so God begot him before his existence, due to God's foreknowledge, and then begot him at conception, to the virgin Mary. He was begotten of God through the Holy Spirit at Jordan after baptism (which is when God was in him through the spirit) and was begotten from the dead, to eternity.

So God loved him, and sat him next to him. His only begotten son.

For me to say that Jesus was a man does not sit too well with other Christians, though Paul and Peter and others, call Jesus a man.

That is where I stand, though I have a lot to learn, Especially regarding Jesus now. With that, I am open minded.

Would you say I am a monotheist?

Hope that makes sense. I was interrupted several times and am hopeless at proof reading. :)

………………………

If I can ask you a question now:

Why do you reject the notion that Jesus is the begotten son of God – Quran aside?

2besee
    Participant

As a side note: Take a moments prayer for those in Syria.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 23 2013,11:50)
    Hi Bod,
    Thanks for joining me. :)

You asked: Am I am a monotheist, like you?

Yes!

Like a moth which is drawn to the light, so am I drawn to the one God.

“Other gods”…. do not exist to me.

I believe that Jesus was a man, 100%.

As a quick explanation, or recap:

Adam was the father of mankind, though God was Adam's Father.  
    Similarly, Jesus is the father of eternal life, though God is his Father.

Jesus was the only begotten son of God in the sense that he was begotten of God due to his being the only sinless man to live, so God begot him before his existence, due to God's foreknowledge, and then begot him at conception, to the virgin Mary. He was begotten of God through the Holy Spirit at Jordan after baptism (which is when God was in him through the spirit) and was begotten from the dead, to eternity.

So God loved him, and sat him next to him. His only begotten son.

For me to say that Jesus was a man does not sit too well with other Christians, though Paul and Peter and others, call Jesus a man.

That is where I stand, though I have a lot to learn, Especially regarding Jesus now. With that, I am open minded.

Would you say I am a monotheist?

Hope that makes sense. I was interrupted several times and am hopeless at proof reading. :)

………………………

If I can ask you a question now:

Why do you reject the notion that Jesus is the begotten son of God – Quran aside?

Well, praise God! You are most likely the Only actual Monotheist that I have met here.

It is not a rejection, Jesus was begotten with a Word from God. God created him with a command and Jesus “WAS” just as God said let there “BE” light and it was.

The similarity of Jesus is Adam:

The similitude of jesus before Allah is as that of adam; He created him from dust, then said to him: “Be”. And he was.

( سورة آل عمران , Aal-e-Imran, Chapter #3, Verse #59)

Many Christians mostly Catholic decided that if Jesus is the son of God and mary is his mother than she is the Mother of God because most catholics also believ that Jesus is God in Flesh. The Quran clarifies that Jesus like Adam are both created men.

Mary is not the Mother of God she is the Mother of Jesus which is a mighty honor needing no embellishment.

2besee
    Participant

Now that we have established the fact that we both believe in one God….

Nice try, Bod. But you know that Islam denies the son.

He who does not have the son does not have the Father.

There is no other way.

Find the way.

Stop going around in circles.

If you think that this will be a long thread: think again :)

…………..

Tell me about Jesus, from your own perspective.
    Where is he now,
    How is he now,
    And how great is he?

Let's look at that together, but through scripture, not the Quran.
    Please.
    Okay?

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 23 2013,14:13)
    Now that we have established the fact that we both believe in one God….

Nice try, Bod. But you know that Islam denies the son.

He who does not have the son does not have the Father.

There is no other way.

Find the way.

Stop going around in circles.

If you think that this will be a long thread: think again :)

…………..

Tell me about Jesus, from your own perspective.
    Where is he now, how is he now, and how great is he?

Let's look at that together, but through scripture, not the Quran, please, okay?

Jesus is not God he is a Spirit that proceeded from God and A word given to Mary and the Messiah. Jesus is ALIVE and was RAISED UP to GOD ALIVE and HE will return.

The word Son is not literal Human beings have sonsand daughters. God does not have a wife or a mate and mary also is no such thing as the “Mother of the son of God” she was merely the honorable vessel of the miracle of God.His similitude is that of Adam.

Jesus is the son of Mary and the creation of God and he was begat with a WORD from God: God said BE and Jesus was.

2besee
    Participant

John1:1  “In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God.”

How do you reconcile the words of John (Lazarus!) with the words of the Quran?

God says: “O People of the Book (the Jews and the Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against God, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, is only a messenger of God and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit from Him; believe therefore in God and His messengers, and say not, ‘Three’. Desist, it is better for you; Indeed God is only one diety; far be it from His glory that He should have a son…..” (Quran 4:171)

And whatever way you understand “son”, the Bible tells us over and over that Jesus is the son of God.
    Yet, the Quran says “No”.

So, the Quran is greater than Jesus' own words? (Yes or no).

They both say different things. Only one can be right.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 23 2013,20:27)
    John1:1  “In the beginning was the word, the word was with God, and the word was God.”

How do you reconcile the words of John (Lazarus!) with the words of the Quran?

God says: “O People of the Book (the Jews and the Christians)! Do not exceed the limits in your religion, and do not speak (lies) against God, but (speak) the truth; the Messiah, Jesus, the son of Mary, is only a messenger of God and His Word which He bestowed on Mary and a Spirit from Him; believe therefore in God and His messengers, and say not, ‘Three’. Desist, it is better for you; Indeed God is only one diety; far be it from His glory that He should have a son…..” (Quran 4:171)

And whatever way you understand “son”, the Bible tells us over and over that Jesus is the son of God.
    Yet, the Quran says “No”.

So, the Quran is greater than Jesus' own words? (Yes or no).

They both say different things. Only one can be right.

The word became flesh it is that flesh that was Jesus not the Word and if that Word became flesh it is a Creation from God and Spirit proceeded from God it is not proper to call it an offspring such as “Son”

In those days calling someone a son was like calling someone a favored servant if that wasn't true Jesuswould not hav told everyone that believed tht God was their Father so Jesu doesn't put any distinction between himself and others saying plainly:

John 20:17
    Jesus said, “Do not hold on to me, for I have not yet ascended to the Father. Go instead to my brothers and tell them, ‘I am ascending to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God.’

The Quran is about Clarity and in reality God is THE CREATOR and has no need for progeny instead The Quran properly uses the term “Guardian Lord”

Godis not a Man or Woman and likewise not a Father or Mother, God is a Spirit so the term Guardian is much clearer and accurate. Human reproduce children God Creates what HE Wills

2besee
    Participant

Bod,

Don't continue to be in denial.

Time is running short, it is time to wake up. Get back to truth, forget everyone else.

Trust me.

We could go back and forth and discuss this, but there is no time for that. Pick up your Bible and read Jesus' words.

Ask me questions.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 24 2013,13:25)
    Bod,

Don't continue to be in denial.

Time is running short, it is time to wake up. Get back to truth, forget everyone else.

Trust me.

We could go back and forth and discuss this, but there is no time for that. Pick up your Bible and read Jesus' words.

Ask me questions.

I have read all the words of Jesus and infact the entire Bible as well as study it often. What is there to deny?

I accept Jesus and so do you. I believe that Jesus is a creation of God you seem to believe Jesus was pro-created

How is a son created? How could God hve a son when HE has no spouse?

If You sa tht Jesu has a Mother and a Father you are saying that Mary and God had a Child together and that is blasphemous so it is MUCH more ACCURATE to say God created Jesus an Mary is his Mother.

God is in-fact not a Father of anyone but He is instea a GUARDIAN LORD. You do agree tht GOD is a SPIRIT and not a man, correct? Then how can God be a Father when that requires manhood.

His creation is similar to Adam and guess wh theBibleals calls Adam the son of God but will you say Adam is the son of God as well?

2besee
    Participant

Bod,

God creates all through his spoken word and spirit (Genesis one)..

God's word is God's word. God's spirit is God's spirit.

Would not the trinity/binity/Islam, have God's word as something else?

Islam has truths, Christianity has truths. But there is only ONE truth.

I agree with you and Islam that God is not a man and so does not procreate as man does.
    I agree with you and Islam that there is only one God.
    But I do not agree with Islam in a number of things, which I might add after this.

2besee
    Participant

Bod,

I could go around and around with you I could make big posts stating my position and belief, and you could tell me yours, but both of us know that this will have no end

You know in your heart that Christians squabble endlessly over stupid things, not that they are stupid, but they are worthless to the listeners. What point is there having so many beliefs (?) thrown at you, when they all confess to believe in the same God and the same Jesus. Really?

Bod,
    Truth is simple, and does not include doctrines (man made).

The time is coming closer, I have had dreams, I have seen things, and now is NOT the time to be on some forum discussing and debating.

You know the truth.
    Please stop denying truth.
    There is work to do.

Amen?

Study your Bible, as if for the first time.

Forget the Quran, it is blinding you.

I know you, though you don't know me, and better than others here may think that they do (Do not ask).

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 24 2013,19:26)
    Bod,

I could go around and around with you I could make big posts stating my position and belief, and you could tell me yours, but both of us know that this will have no end

You know in your heart that Christians squabble endlessly over stupid things, not that they are stupid, but they are worthless to the listeners. What point is there having so many beliefs (?) thrown at you, when they all confess to believe in the same God and the same Jesus. Really?

Bod,
    Truth is simple, and does not include doctrines (man made).

The time is coming closer, I have had dreams, I have seen things, and now is NOT the time to be on some forum discussing and debating.

You know the truth.
    Please stop denying truth.
    There is work to do.

Amen?

Study your Bible, as if for the first time.

Forget the Quran, it is blinding you.

I know you, though you don't know me, and better than others here may think that they do (Do not ask).

If you say something is blinding me you should explain how, perhaps what you think is blinding me is exactly what needs to be seen by you.

When God spoke to Jesus from heaven whose words were they? If you say Jesus is THE WORD and not A WORD then God could not have spoken without him.

2besee
    Participant

Bod,

I believe that God's word is “God's word”.
    It is God's word that came to me several years ago, and spoke (within and without me, if you know). God's word is a light in the darkness, and gives life. God's word is exactly what it is – God's word. It is God, and the only way possible, at present, to perceive God. God is spirit.

Now, as for what is blinding you..
    Believing the Quran, rather than the scriptures.

2besee
    Participant

Bod, further,
    Now we know from scriptures, that.. God, is in Heaven. The Holy Spirit was sent, and the Holy Spirit was in Jesus, though Jesus said that God was in him, AND, God was in Heaven.
    So, the word must be the Holy Spirit. That is the only way that I can see it.

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 25 2013,09:28)
    Bod,

It is God's word that came to me several years ago, and spoke (within and without me, if you know). God's word is a light in the darkness, and gives life. God's word is exactly what it is – God's word. It is God, and the only way possible, at present, to perceive God. God is spirit.

It really is not a “Rather” it is all of it

bodhitharta
    Participant

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 25 2013,09:44)
    Bod, further,
    Now we know from scriptures, that.. God, is in Heaven. The Holy Spirit was sent, and the Holy Spirit was in Jesus, though Jesus said that God was in him, AND, God was in Heaven.
    So, the word must be the Holy Spirit. That is the only way that I can see it.

You see it well! :)

2besee
    Participant

Good Bod good.

So, what is the Holy Spirit? (Let's have an open mind, and not follow the doctrines of men).

Btw, It's nice taking to you like this.

2besee
    Participant

Quote (bodhitharta @ Aug. 25 2013,12:58)

Quote (2besee @ Aug. 25 2013,09:28)
    Bod,

It really is not a “Rather” it is all of it

Bod, no. They both say different things.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 72 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account