Bizzaro World Doctrines

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 300 total)
  • Author
    mikeboll64
    Blocked

Hi All,

Is it just me, or do some of you also feel like you are in Bizzaro World when you come to Heaven Net?

It is amazing to me the things certain people here have claimed to support their doctrines.  I thought we could all examine some of them.  I'll start with one that t8 has brought to our recent attention, since it is Father's Day in America today, and he is the “Father” of this site.  :)  (Note to Trinitarians:  Please do not think I am calling t8 “THE Father”.  More than one being can share the same title.)

t8:  If your God is THREE people, why do you call your God “HE” and “HIM” instead of “THEY” and “THEM”?

Trinitarian:  It's totally normal to refer to THREE separate persons with a singular, personal pronoun.

ONLY IN BIZARRO WORLD, PEOPLE!  :D

My doctrine would never require me to make such an illogical, nonsensical claim.

Proclaimer
    Participant

Hi Mike.

It is normal to say things like that if English is your second language and you are still learning how English grammar works.
    Otherwise there is no other legitimate excuse I can think of.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

John 6:38 – For I have come down from heaven not to do my will but to do the will of him who sent me.

Non-preexister:  Jesus meant that the prophecy of him came down from heaven.

But the Jews understood him to be saying HE came down from heaven, right?

John 6:42 – They said, “Is this not Jesus, the son of Joseph, whose father and mother we know? How can he now say, ‘I came down from heaven’?”

Non-preexister:  The Jews were spiritually darkened and did not get the gist that Jesus was saying the prophecy of him came down from heaven.

John 6:62 – What if you see the Son of Man ascend to where he was before!

Did some of those Jews later see JESUS ascend to heaven, or did they see the prophecy of him ascend to heaven?

Non-preexister:  Oh, this verse refers to Jesus ascending from the grave back to the earth!

Really?  No one SAW him do that.  However, some of those Jews from John 6 DID in fact see him ascend TO HEAVEN:

Acts 1:9 – After he said this, he was taken up before their very eyes, and a cloud hid him from their sight.

Non-preexister:  You Trinitarians and Preexistencers and Gnostic's are all in the same boat.  You all serve to SEPARATE Jesus from our exact Identity!

What?  Is that the answer to the scriptures we just discussed?  :)  

Moral of the story:  MY doctrine allows me to read, “I came down from heaven” and believe it.  THEIR doctrine insists that they add illogical thoughts and implications into the scripture that aren't even hinted at.

My doctrine doesn't require such actions of me.

terraricca
    Participant

Mike

I find many people do not know how to stand up for the truth of scriptures and so one agree with you and then agree with someone else on the contrary,

and when faced with questions to make them stand one way or the other ,they sneak away with vague excuses ,like I am tired answer you tomorrow,

or,I will get back to you on this ,and you never hear of them again on that subject,

one example i have is;when i said ;that anything that is created has a form of body if not it does not exist ,do you see any one who fight back to me and all of us who believe and say that spirits being have a form of body,it seems they do not like question what would make them look as liars,

in that way they are BIZARRO

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ June 19 2011,20:13)
    Hi Mike.

It is normal to say things like that if English is your second language and you are still learning how English grammar works.
    Otherwise there is no other legitimate excuse I can think of.

Hmmmm…………..I'll have to consider that possibility with Keith. I sometimes get the feeling that English IS his second language. :)

Proclaimer
    Participant

What about the claim that yes YHWH is invisible, except when he is visible.

This was claimed by Is (not in exact terminology), in one of the debates I had with him when I told him that God is invisible and Jesus is visible, thereby drawing a distinction between the invisible God and the visible image of God. His only come back to God being invisible with no man being able to see him, coupled with a very visible Jesus on Earth or in Heaven, was to promote the idea that God is invisible except when he is visible.

It amazes me the extremes that some will go to in order to promote a doctrine that is clearly wrong.

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (terraricca @ June 19 2011,20:17)
    one example i have is;when i said ;that anything that is created has a form of body if not it does not exist ,do you see any one who fight back to me and all of us who believe and say that spirits being have a form of body,it seems they do not like question what would make them look as liars,

in that way they are BIZARRO

Hi Pierre,

I have one on that topic also.

Philippians 3 – 20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ, 21 who, by the power that enables him to bring everything under his control, will transform our lowly bodies so that they will be like his glorious body.

Surely Paul is referring to the glorious body Jesus has now, right?

Non-believer:  Paul is actually referring to the body that Jesus used to have, but is now hanging in some “Earth Closet”, ready for him to put on when he visits earth.  Paul is anxiously awaiting a body just like that one, so he can immediately store it in the “Earth Closet” on his way up to heaven, where he'll reside.

???  ???  ???

mikeboll64
    Blocked

Quote (t8 @ June 19 2011,20:26)
    His only come back to God being invisible with no man being able to see him, coupled with a very visible Jesus on Earth or in Heaven, was to promote the idea that God is invisible except when he is visible.

:D :laugh: :D Too funny, man! :D :laugh: :D

mikeboll64
    Blocked

John 1:14 – The Word became flesh and made his dwelling among us. We have seen his glory, the glory of an only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.

Non-preexister:  This really means, “The Word CAME TO BE IN SOMEONE WHO WAS FLESH”.

My doctine does not require me to add words and thereby change the entire meaning of a scripture.

Ed J
    Participant

Hey Guys,

This thread has made me laugh and laugh and laugh!   … keep it up!

God bless
    Ed J
    http://www.holycitybiblecode.org

Proclaimer
    Participant

What about the scriptures that say that God created all through the Logos and the one that says God created all through Jesus. The former example even identifies the Logos as Jesus.

Knowing this, some say that the Logos is actually God and God creating all through Jesus is symbolic.

So how do you take these 3 points:

• God created all through the Logos.
  • God created all through Jesus.
  • The Logos becomes flesh and is Jesus. He also wears a name called the Word of God.

And turn them into these 3 points:

• God created all through the logos part of himself.
  • God created all with a future Jesus in mind who was created 2000 years ago.
  • Jesus came from the logos part of God and is the flesh while the Logos part of him is God.

Worse than that, The Logos and God in John 1:1 are identified with definite articles and we know that God is a person, but then suddenly the Logos that was WITH God is not a person even though the same definite article precedes the Logos and in addition, the Logos was not WITH God either even though it is written.

I don't mind a challenge and I don't even mind having to change my mind when truth is presented to me, but I don't know why people even bother trying to convert people to believe that doctrine. What is the point anyway?

Proclaimer
Participant

Another gibberish doctrine is the one that says that the Roman Catholic Church is the original church.

How is that when the Body of Christ which is called the Church in scripture started with Jesus which was obviously some time in the first century or less, and the Roman Catholic Church came centuries later.

If anything, you could make the argument that she was one of the first denominations, but not the Church.

terraricca
Participant

Mike

Surely Paul is referring to the glorious body Jesus has now, right?

very true ;this body of flesh as no glory when i look my self in the mirror at 71 and it will not become more glorious as time passes
Paul could figure that one out as well.

Pierre

Proclaimer
Participant

While I am at it, the Mother of God doctrine is a perfect example of gibberish.

Jesus is God, therefore his mother must be the Mother of God.

An unfortunate outcome spawned by the Trinity Doctrine.

GeneBalthrop
Participant

Quote (t8 @ June 20 2011,17:10)
An unfortunate outcome spawned by the Trinity Doctrine.

T8………..So is the PREEXISTENCE DOCTRINE spawned by the TRINITY and GNOSTIC”S. You don't seem to have a problem with that brother do you? Is it because you have only come part way out of there false teaching and yet need to come all the way out?

T8 …..the last three parts of your previous Post above this one is right . But you can't see it because your mind is clouded with the false teachings of the Gnostic's Trinitarians, and Preexistences all of these are in the same Boat Brother. IMO

peace and love to you and yours T8…………………………..gene

Quote (t8 @ June 20 2011,01:10)
Jesus is God, therefore his mother must be the Mother of God.

HaHa t8

But you said…

Quote (t8 @ June 14 2011,17:49)
Actually I believe that Jesus is theos/god.

So that means to you that Mary is the mother of “a god” right?  :p

WJ

Proclaimer
Participant

Thanks WJ for your contribution to Bizzaro World you have added another and we have a live example right here in Bizzaro World.

You and others have no comprehension of the way scripture uses theos, adam, diablo, etc in a qualitative sense and as identifying someone. This is one of the things that definitely needs to be added to Bizzaro World.

You assume that all theos are Theos and to be consistent with that rule, then all adams (man) should be Adam, all diablos (devils) are Satan.

Thanks WJ. More live examples would be appreciated.

Proclaimer
Participant

So that means to you that Mary is the mother of “a god” right?

Actually WJ, that is reinforcement of my post.

Mary was the mother of Jesus humanity, but the Trinity Doctrine aided the doctrine that she was the mother of God because that doctrine says that Jesus is God.

Thanks Dubla Jay.

mikeboll64
Blocked

Quote (t8 @ June 20 2011,17:03)
Thanks WJ. More live examples would be appreciated.

I concur.  I was hoping this thread would attract some live examples.  :)

But while we wait, here's one from Keith:

6 yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom all things came and for whom we live; and there is but one Lord, Jesus Christ, through whom all things came and through whom we live.

Trinitarian:  Paul is clearly saying that the Father is “God/Lord” and Jesus is also “God/Lord”.

Only in Bizzaro World would the construction of these words, which clearly DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN two individuals, ever be said to EQUATE those two individuals, and worse, combine them both into ONE individual God/Lord.

mikeboll64
Blocked

Trinitarian:  It makes perfect sense that the Son OF God IS the exact God he is the Son OF.

If Jesus is God Almighty, and Jesus is the Son OF God Almighty, then wouldn't Jesus be his own Son?

Only in Bizzaro World would anyone even be able to claim this oddity with a straight face.  :)

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 300 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account