Birthday Celebrations: Christians?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 176 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Aug. 17 2007,16:45)
    Elain,
    I am probably the only person here who celebrated the Feasts. There are some thing I will not celebrate because they are “replacement feasts”, set forth by human beings who want us to forget who Israel is and are.

I do not celebrate Easter, it replaces Passover. Passover is YHWH's appointed time.

I do not celebrate any holiday which contains the word Saint. I do not honor saints. I honor Y'shua Messiah, and our Father in heaven YHWH.

I do however celebrate new babies, weddings, birthdays and all or any milestones we reach. As long as they do not fall within His Feasts or His Sabbaths. If they do I schedule around Him.

Y'shua Messiah was born durring the Feast of tabernacles. We SHOULD celebrate it and what is still to come on Tabernacles, for it remains to be a time of wonder and blessings.

As for the fact you have no Bible, you will find one on the internet. Actually any and all versions are avaiable. I like e-sword. A free downloadable program so you do not have to be connected to the web to use it. http://www.e-sword.net

Love in Messiah Y'shua,
    Laurel

I think I could really get into this study. I can see myself embracing the feasts and participating in the Passover. My family may think I've lost my mind, but that's already happened once when I denounced the Trinity. So, I guess I'm totally open to learning more about this and making necessary changes to honor God. Goodness, I've been wrong before (Trinity), I'm sure there is a lot more to learn if I remain open to the Spirit and to what I am learning here.

elaine1809
    Participant

Thank you Laurel for the offer of the bible:) But I do have several bibles. maybe I was not clear on that. thanks again that is very sweet of you but I will check out the website you are giving me Thanks!:)

Laurel
    Participant

Not3,
    If Ken took a ride on his motorcycle to relax and enjoy the day, I do not see a problem with it. The view from a bike is awesome and when I'm on a bike I feel closer to Him than I do when in a car.
    Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

Not3,
    If you are married and you move to do things differently than your husband, it will cause separation. Not necessarily divorce. Please be sure that you see an interest in him so the two of you grow together and not apart.

When you begin to learn the Feasts and actually celebrate YHWH's appointed times, you will not find it in your heart to celebrate man-made holidays any longer.

My daughter is in a situation like that. I tell her she is “under” her husband and should go to sun-day church if he wants her there, BUT I tell her to rest on the Sabbath, as her way of proclaiming her faith to Elohim. They did not have a x-mass tree in their house and I do not think they ever will. His family does celebrate x-mass, ours does not. Sometimes these differences are upseting to her.

Before you begin studying the Feasts invite your family to study “three days and three nights” Y'shua was in the tomb. This is the first and foremost place to begin. The Passover Feast in which our Savior gave His life contained two Sabbaths that you will learn when you study Scripture.

Y'shua was placed in the tomb in a Wed. evening just before sunset. He was in the tomb exactly three days and three nights, 72 hours. Thursday was a Sabbath, the First Day of Unleavened Bread. Then of course there was the weekly Sabbath. When you have all learned this “Key” to truth, then you are ready to move on.

Like I said, it is important you learn this along with your husband especially.

I can send you a booklet via e-mail if you wish, to show with Scripture three days and three nights. The website I found it on however I do not reccomend, since some of their beliefs go against 7 days of creation. I do reccomend this book on Y'shua's three days and three nights though.
    Laurel

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 17 2007,17:51)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 17 2007,15:11)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 17 2007,08:13)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 17 2007,03:17)
    Birthday?  My flesh is dead. If I were to celebrate a birth- day I would celebrate my real birth-day.  The day I met the Lord Jesus Christ. :)

Did Jesus have a “real” birthday?  He certainly did.

I think to downplay our birthdays is to not give God thanks for giving us life.

Are you excited when your children are born?  Did you ever hand out cigars (wow, there's a potentially “pagen” moment for ya if you want to research that one!  I bet you can find something wrong with handing out cigars too – ha).

When a child is born – we are excited and celebrate.  Why does the celebration stop after they are born?  Is it only a pagen ritual to celebrate or commemorate the birthday after the actual event?  Or is it also a pagen ritual to celebrate the birth of your child the moment he/she is born?

You can see how this easily gets out of hand and you begin to obey the legal instead of celebrating the life.

The law didn't work, folks.  We can't keep the law.  Go ahead and try but if you break one tiny commandment – you've broken them ALL.  You will live and die by the commandments.  Good luck with that.

Jesus came because the law was not brining life.  Instead it was showing people where they were dead.  Jesus came to bring life – not law.

I don't break God's laws on purpose, none of us do.  But are we able to keep them *all*?  Who here on HeavenNet can boast that they have kept *all* the commandments?  Please come forward so that we may give you homage (high five's and atta'boys).  Please also come forward so that we may know someone for whom Christ did not need to die for  :)

Jesus was born of God.  We were born of the flesh and sin.  Your real birth didn't happen until you accepted Christ and gave up the OLD man.

Rom 8:5  For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

IHN&L,

Ken

Ah….good verse!  Thanks, Ken.

I guess I'm a party girl at heart!  :D

I was raised with all kinds of celebrations and entertaining at home.  I guess it's in my blood.  Plus, I give God glory when I celebrate birthdays, for instance.  

But I'm with KJ, I don't think there is anything wrong with celebrating.  

Hey, happy 40th KJ!  My 40th will come around next year and my husband promises to take me to Hawaii (we'll see).  When he turned 40 I planned a huge surprise party and pulled it off!  It was totally awesome (dude).  Ha!  

:cool:

I respect all those who choose or feel that God has called them to a different choice when it comes to birthdays.

Hey Ken, I've been reading up on the Sabbath.  Laurel gave a website I've been studying.  Remember when you said you went bike riding on the Sabbath?  Well, according to a scripture in Isaiah 58:13 wasn't that wrong?  Are we not supposed to put away doing things for our own pleasure?  Just curious what you think about that?

N 3 1, That's the difference of keeping the Sabbath in the Spirit and the letter of the law. Ever since Pentecost we have the spirit to guide us NOT the letter.

What I did with the motorcycle was given to me by the Spirit. If you are about to do something wrong as always the Spirit let's you know.

It was wrong to pick corn on the Sabbath. But the apostles did it because the Lord of the Sabbath was right their telling them it was alright. Well the Lord of the Sabbath lives in our heart and let's us know if it's alright. As I said in an earlier post that bike ride did more for me than any dry stuffy service could have ever done. The Holy Spirit knows what you need to rest and that is NOT necessarily physical labor.

The Sabbath is a delight. It's a joyful time in the LORD.

Besides even Laurel said it was alright :)

Laurel
    Participant

YHWH our Elohim wrote the commands He is the authour He made the rules.

Y'shua Messiah obey those rules and NEVER SINNED!!!!

The Pharisees were His accusers. The Pharisees were being legalistic. The Pharisees, the Pharisees, the Pharisees DID NOT WRITE THE LAW, they tried to over write it.

IT WAS NOT A SIN TO PICK RAW FOOD AND EAT IT RAW ON THE SABBATH!!!

Laurel
    Participant

YHWH provided the corn for His Son to eat. He took care of His Son, like the birds in the trees and the beasts in the field.

Laurel
    Participant

No I was not yelling in caps, I was emphasizing the truth.
    Well may you have a blessed Sabbath, I need to get going and prepare for it.
    Love in our Messiah Y'shua and our Father in Heaven,
    Laurel

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Aug. 18 2007,03:28)
    Laurel

Well can I nuke something to eat on the Sabbath? How about take a walk is that alright? If the Spirit doesn't convict me then it's alright. I don't need to check with the letter to see if it's ok with the Lord of the Sabbath if the LORD of the Sabbath lives in my heart.

Now didn't you tell me it was alright to go for a ride on my bike on the Sabbath? Not that I need your or the SDA or the WWCG or the letter of the law's permission!

I keep the Sabbath I don't obey the Sabbath. The Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath. That's the difference in keeping the Sabbath spiritually and NOT by the letter.

No one is going to judge me on how to keep the Sabbath that's why I have the Holy Spirit. The message is Keep the Sabbath NOT how to keep the Sabbath that's between you and the Father. The Old Testament people did not have the Spirit to guide them they had the Letter. Jesus made the Law spiritual. Paul said the Law is spiritual Rom. 7:14.

However the Spirit wants you to keep the Sabbath then you keep it.

Peace and Love,

Ken

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Aug. 18 2007,03:21)
    YHWH our Elohim wrote the commands He is the authour He made the rules.

Y'shua Messiah obey those rules and NEVER SINNED!!!!

The Pharisees were His accusers. The Pharisees were being legalistic. The Pharisees, the Pharisees, the Pharisees DID NOT WRITE THE LAW, they tried to over write it.

IT WAS NOT A SIN TO PICK RAW FOOD AND EAT IT RAW ON THE SABBATH!!!

Sister you had to gather twice as much on the preparation day, the day before (sixth day) the Sabbath so you didn't gather any on the Sabbath, Exod. 16:22-23.

Why didn't the apostles pick twice as much corn on the preparation day?

They had the Lord of the Sabbath right there with them. The Pharisees didn't recognize Jesus as the Messiah. Since Pentecost the Holy Spirit has been here to guide us. Why do we need the letter of the law when Jesus made the law Spiritual and we have the Holy Spirit.

The Ten Commandments that God wrote are separate from the Law of Moses with it's rituals and regulations. Acts 15:5 & 28-29.

1Co 9:20 To the Jews I became as a Jew, in order to win Jews. To those under the law I became as one under the law (though not being myself under the law) that I might win those under the law.

What was this Jewish law that Paul was NOT under?

1Co 9:21 To those outside the law I became as one outside the law (not being outside the law of God but under the law of Christ) that I might win those outside the law.

Paul was NOT without the law of God but under the law of Christ.

2Co 3:17 Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

Freedom to break God's law; God forbid! Freedom from the letter of the law to keep the law in the Spirit.

Laurel I don't claim to know everything but I know what the Lord gave me. There is a separation of the law.

I would that you start a thread to explain the feasts~Moses' Law~so we can see if we are to keep the feasts. New Testament scripture seems to be against it.

One of us is wrong lets find out who so we can move on.

In His Love,

Ken

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 18 2007,03:07)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 17 2007,17:51)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 17 2007,15:11)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 17 2007,08:13)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 17 2007,03:17)
    Birthday?  My flesh is dead. If I were to celebrate a birth- day I would celebrate my real birth-day.  The day I met the Lord Jesus Christ. :)

Did Jesus have a “real” birthday?  He certainly did.

I think to downplay our birthdays is to not give God thanks for giving us life.

Are you excited when your children are born?  Did you ever hand out cigars (wow, there's a potentially “pagen” moment for ya if you want to research that one!  I bet you can find something wrong with handing out cigars too – ha).

When a child is born – we are excited and celebrate.  Why does the celebration stop after they are born?  Is it only a pagen ritual to celebrate or commemorate the birthday after the actual event?  Or is it also a pagen ritual to celebrate the birth of your child the moment he/she is born?

You can see how this easily gets out of hand and you begin to obey the legal instead of celebrating the life.

The law didn't work, folks.  We can't keep the law.  Go ahead and try but if you break one tiny commandment – you've broken them ALL.  You will live and die by the commandments.  Good luck with that.

Jesus came because the law was not brining life.  Instead it was showing people where they were dead.  Jesus came to bring life – not law.

I don't break God's laws on purpose, none of us do.  But are we able to keep them *all*?  Who here on HeavenNet can boast that they have kept *all* the commandments?  Please come forward so that we may give you homage (high five's and atta'boys).  Please also come forward so that we may know someone for whom Christ did not need to die for  :)

Jesus was born of God.  We were born of the flesh and sin.  Your real birth didn't happen until you accepted Christ and gave up the OLD man.

Rom 8:5  For those who live according to the flesh set their minds on the things of the flesh, but those who live according to the Spirit set their minds on the things of the Spirit.

IHN&L,

Ken

Ah….good verse!  Thanks, Ken.

I guess I'm a party girl at heart!  :D

I was raised with all kinds of celebrations and entertaining at home.  I guess it's in my blood.  Plus, I give God glory when I celebrate birthdays, for instance.  

But I'm with KJ, I don't think there is anything wrong with celebrating.  

Hey, happy 40th KJ!  My 40th will come around next year and my husband promises to take me to Hawaii (we'll see).  When he turned 40 I planned a huge surprise party and pulled it off!  It was totally awesome (dude).  Ha!  

:cool:

I respect all those who choose or feel that God has called them to a different choice when it comes to birthdays.

Hey Ken, I've been reading up on the Sabbath.  Laurel gave a website I've been studying.  Remember when you said you went bike riding on the Sabbath?  Well, according to a scripture in Isaiah 58:13 wasn't that wrong?  Are we not supposed to put away doing things for our own pleasure?  Just curious what you think about that?

N 3 1,  That's the difference of keeping the Sabbath in the Spirit and the letter of the law. Ever since Pentecost we have the spirit to guide us NOT the letter.

What I did with the motorcycle was given to me by the Spirit.  If you are about to do something wrong as always the Spirit let's you know.

It was wrong to pick corn on the Sabbath.  But the apostles did it because the Lord of the Sabbath was right their telling them it was alright.  Well the Lord of the Sabbath lives in our heart and let's us know if it's alright.  As I said in an earlier post that bike ride did more for me than any dry stuffy service could have ever done.  The Holy Spirit knows what you need to rest and that is NOT necessarily physical labor.

The Sabbath is a delight.  It's a joyful time in the LORD.

Besides even Laurel said it was alright :)

Brother Ken,

Tell me what scripture in the NT nullifies this scripture in the OT:

Isaiah 58:13

If you turn back your foot from the Sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day, and call the Sabbath a delight and the holy day of the LORD honorable; if you honor it, not going your own ways, or seeking your own pleasure, or talking idly……

I don't doubt that taking a bike ride was more pleasurable than a stuffy Sabbath service (hey sounds good to me, like I said, I'm a bit of a party girl), but was that right in God's eyes? You may have felt that the Spirit gave you the go-head, but is that what the above scripture says? Does it say that you can do what is enjoyable to you and forego what is holy to the LORD on his day?

If you want to keep the Sabbath on the correct day and in the correct way…..I suggest taking a look at the scriptures again, bro. Or please teach me how in the NT it is changed, and we may enjoy the Sabbath as we feel the Spirit leads (even if that is a ride in the country on our Harley's). :cool:

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Laurel @ Aug. 18 2007,02:19)
    Not3,
    If Ken took a ride on his motorcycle to relax and enjoy the day, I do not see a problem with it. The view from a bike is awesome and when I'm on a bike I feel closer to Him than I do when in a car.
    Laurel

Sis,

You may not see a problem with it, but I assure you that the Law of the Sabbath in the OT does. Explain to me how that has all changed? I know Jesus and his disciples picked wheat and healed people and even helped an Ox out of a ditch….but if the 10 Commandments are still written in stone, then I am left to assume that we are to keep all of them. If we are to keep the Sabbath, where did the “rules” change for keeping it?

Where did it all of a sudden become OK to ride your Hog in the country on the Sabbath instead of attending Sabbath services and dedicated the holy day to the LORD and not indulging in personal pleasures? Thanks.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 18 2007,05:40)

Laurel

Well can I nuke something to eat on the Sabbath?  How about take a walk is that alright?  If the Spirit doesn't convict me then it's alright.  I don't need to check with the letter to see if it's ok with the Lord of the Sabbath if the LORD of the Sabbath lives in my heart.

Now didn't you tell me it was alright to go for a ride on my bike on the Sabbath?  Not that I need your or the SDA or the WWCG or the letter of the law's permission!

I keep the Sabbath I don't obey the Sabbath.  The Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath.  That's the difference in keeping the Sabbath spiritually and NOT by the letter.

No one is going to judge me on how to keep the Sabbath that's why I have the Holy Spirit.  The message is Keep the Sabbath NOT how to keep the Sabbath that's between you and the Father.  The Old Testament people did not have the Spirit to guide them they had the Letter.  Jesus made the Law spiritual.  Paul said the Law is spiritual Rom. 7:14.

Peace and Love,

Ken

So after reading this above post from you, do I understand your big beef is to merely keep the Sabbath on the correct day and that's it? You don't care how it is kept, just keep it on the right day?

Well, I would submit to you this – if it doesn't matter how you keep it (let the Spirit guide you, right? For you, you can ride your Hog, for someone else they can go shopping, right?), then why would it matter on which day you keep it?

Keeping it on the specific day is the letter of the Law.
    How you spend the day is, according to you, spiritual.

Why not make it all spiritual and keep whatever day you want? What's the point of keeping one portion of the Commandment, if you are not going to keep the other portion?

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 18 2007,18:23)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 18 2007,05:40)

Laurel

Well can I nuke something to eat on the Sabbath?  How about take a walk is that alright?  If the Spirit doesn't convict me then it's alright.  I don't need to check with the letter to see if it's ok with the Lord of the Sabbath if the LORD of the Sabbath lives in my heart.

Now didn't you tell me it was alright to go for a ride on my bike on the Sabbath?  Not that I need your or the SDA or the WWCG or the letter of the law's permission!

I keep the Sabbath I don't obey the Sabbath.  The Sabbath was made for man not man for the Sabbath.  That's the difference in keeping the Sabbath spiritually and NOT by the letter.

No one is going to judge me on how to keep the Sabbath that's why I have the Holy Spirit.  The message is Keep the Sabbath NOT how to keep the Sabbath that's between you and the Father.  The Old Testament people did not have the Spirit to guide them they had the Letter.  Jesus made the Law spiritual.  Paul said the Law is spiritual Rom. 7:14.

Peace and Love,

Ken

So after reading this above post from you, do I understand your big beef is to merely keep the Sabbath on the correct day and that's it?  You don't care how it is kept, just keep it on the right day?

Well, I would submit to you this – if it doesn't matter how you keep it (let the Spirit guide you, right?  For you, you can ride your Hog, for someone else they can go shopping, right?), then why would it matter on which day you keep it?

Keeping it on the specific day is the letter of the Law.
    How you spend the day is, according to you, spiritual.

Why not make it all spiritual and keep whatever day you want?  What's the point of keeping one portion of the Commandment, if you are not going to keep the other portion?

Because HE said too! Don't you want to obey your Father?

I'm not saying you do what you want as you do on “any day” I'm saying you do not do any of your daily routines and you seek the Lord ALL day not just for a hour as you do on Sunday. Yes you keep it by the Spirit. The Sabbath was made for YOU not YOU for the Sabbath.

It's His day, He created the seventh day for rest and worship just as He created the other six for labor.

If you want to keep the Sabbath to the letter of the law go ahead. But then when you look and lust it would not be a sin. Because you keep the letter of the law and not the law in the Spirit. Of course then your righteousness would NOT exceed that of the Pharisees Now would it?

It's His day or the other guy's day. That's your choice, the only choice. You cannot create a day for anything. Did you make the days of the week, did Satan? He created the SEVENTH day to rest. What day did you create?

Laurel
    Participant

Wow,
    The fourth command says “Remember the Sabbath to keep it Set-apart, for in six days Elohim created the heavens and the earth and on the seventh day He rested from all His work. Remember you were once a slave in Eqypt and that YHWH your Elohim broke that bond with a mighty hand and called out.

The Sabbath was given to us a memorial of Him our Creator, to Remember Him and how He redeemed us from the bonds of sin in Babylon, Eqypt, Rome and where ever else we were whoring.

Ex. 16:23 And he said unto them, This is that which YHWH hath said, Tomorrow is the rest of the Set-apart Sabbath unto YHWH: bake that which ye will bake today, boil that ye will boil and the leftovers save for you to be kept until the morning.

Be prepared ahead of time, so that on the Sabbath we are ready to have a one on one time with Him and are not distracted by worldly matters.

So, once again who accuses the perfect lamb of being corrupt? Who accuses the perfect lamb of changing YHWH's commands? Not I. Was the Messiah distracted from doing the works of His Father because He ate on the Sabbath? Elohim forbid.

Laurel

Laurel
    Participant

The 10 commandments were placed inside the ark. The ark is representative of the judgement seat, and the commands are the laws we will all be judged by.

The book of Moses placed beside the are are the Words of Elohim that if studied, grow us into the fulness of Messiah, because these Words were given by Him. Moses words in other words give us spiritual insight.

Not3in1
    Participant

OK,

I'm starting to see the difference between Ken and Laurel's Commandment keeping….. This is very interesting to me. In the last few days I have been studying this out quite a bit. I see that the Law is to be obeyed in the most strict of measures in the OT (i.e.; baking what you need before the Sabbath and so on), to spiritual discernment, according to others, concerning the Law in the NT (i.e., one can do as he wills and pleasures as long as the Spirit leads).

As I see it so far – there are two schools of thought going on here. Either we obey the Commandments as they are “set in stone” OR we are left to determine on our own (read: through the Spirit), what the Commandments mean and how to observe them?

I'll be honest, I have a problem with saying we MUST obey certain “parts” of the Commandments because God says to, and then be casual or spiritual about the other parts. What do other's think?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 19 2007,01:55)
    Don't you want to obey your Father?

No one here is righteous in their own right (nor through knowledge, or in deed). But we all need the covering of our Lord Jesus. We all need the Spirit to teach us truth. And we all want to obey our heavenly Father……or we wouldn't be here.

Humility was a theme in Jesus' life. It should be a theme in our lives as well. Might we look to wash each other's feet instead of putting stumbling blocks in each other's paths.

In my heart I believe it is a stumbling block to say you must keep the 4th Commandment of the Sabbath DAY, and then in the same breath you say that you do not have to keep the Sabbath DAY as the same Commandment teaches….. You see that this creates confusion?

You judge those who do not keep the DAY, but then see no judgement upon yourself for using the DAY as you wish? You say the Spirit has guided you…..to do what? change the way the Sabbath is honored? Wouldn't that be the same sin of changing the DAY that is honored? And if not, how is it different?

The whole deal with the Law is that it is to be obeyed TO THE LETTER (I'm assuming the phrase “written in stone” came from the Commandments….meaning, if it is “written in stone” it does not change!). If you do not obey to the letter, you are dead. With these Commandments is one of your favorites (and surely your axe to grind here) that we observe the Sabbath on the proper DAY because GOD SAID TO! However comma —– God also said not to use the day for pleasures and gave us rules for the day. You now say it is OK to change these rules for the day. Why, Ken? Thanks.

kenrch
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Aug. 19 2007,05:57)

Quote (kenrch @ Aug. 19 2007,01:55)
    Don't you want to obey your Father?

No one here is righteous in their own right (nor through knowledge, or in deed).  But we all need the covering of our Lord Jesus.  We all need the Spirit to teach us truth.  And we all want to obey our heavenly Father……or we wouldn't be here.

Humility was a theme in Jesus' life.  It should be a theme in our lives as well.  Might we look to wash each other's feet instead of putting stumbling blocks in each other's paths.

In my heart I believe it is a stumbling block to say you must keep the 4th Commandment of the Sabbath DAY, and then in the same breath you say that you do not have to keep the Sabbath DAY as the same Commandment teaches…..  You see that this creates confusion?  

You judge those who do not keep the DAY, but then see no judgement upon yourself for using the DAY as you wish?  You say the Spirit has guided you…..to do what? change the way the Sabbath is honored?  Wouldn't that be the same sin of changing the DAY that is honored?  And if not, how is it different?

The whole deal with the Law is that it is to be obeyed TO THE LETTER (I'm assuming the phrase “written in stone” came from the Commandments….meaning, if it is “written in stone” it does not change!).  If you do not obey to the letter, you are dead.  With these Commandments is one of your favorites (and surely your axe to grind here) that we observe the Sabbath on the proper DAY because GOD SAID TO!  However comma —– God also said not to use the day for pleasures and gave us rules for the day.  You now say it is OK to change these rules for the day.  Why, Ken?  Thanks.

Scripture says the seventh day is the Sabbath. The forth commandment says to remember it. Paul said the law is spiritual, Rom.7:14. Jesus explained that the law is spiritual yet you want to follow the letter OR DO YOU? :)

Following the Spirit and walking in His commandments is a stumbling block ???

Ok so you don't want to obey your Father. You don't want to keep HIS day you would rather keep the HARLOT'S day which is your day.

What makes you think that I would do MY will on this special day of the LORD!

There is a ball game on that I would want to watch but I'm not. I could record it but I'm not!

But if the spirit LED me to believe that it was alright then I WOULD.

Jesus made the law spiritual Mat. 5:27-28

The apostles picked corn on the Sabbath.

The Sabbath was made for man NOT man for the Sabbath.

The Spirit is the Lord and wherever the Spirit is their is freedom.

Hey guess what; if I'm cold then I'm going to build a fire all the while KEEPING His day and not the Harlot's day this is the New Covenant.

A few days ago you didn't know which day the Sabbath was and NOW you are going to judge me on how to keep the Sabbath.

This is the command obey it or don't it's up to you :)

2Jo 1:6 And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.

IHN&GL,

Ken

Laurel
    Participant

Isa58:13-14 If you trun your foot from doing your own pleasure on My holy day; and call the Sabbath a delight, the holy of YHWH, honorable; and shal honor Him not doing your own ways, nor finding your own pleasure, nor speaking your own words; then shall you delight yourself in YHWH; and I will cause you to ride on the high places of the earth, and feed you with heritage of Jacob your father: for the mouth of YHWH has spoken.

If Ken feels he was following YHWH's will who are we to judge?

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 176 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account