Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 15 2008,01:35)
    Hi not3,
    If you would rather have done the planning them I am not the one to talk to.
    Paul did not understand it all and was forced to admit it was a mystery.

Ephesians 6:19
    And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Colossians 1:26
    Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Romans 16:25
    Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Saying it was a mystery was a copout answer to those who questioned what Paul was saying.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 15 2008,02:07)
    Hi not3,
    Why go flaw spotting?
    How does that hide the fantastic beauty?
    Do occasional mess ups by men take away the harmony?

Do you search for freckles on butterflies?

By saying this, you are admitting that there are flaws. How can you truly believe that the bible is God's Word if you accept that it does have flaws? Those are contradictory statements.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Not so.
    The bible was only written once,
    Then copied, and copied, and copied, and copied…

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 15 2008,23:53)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 15 2008,01:35)
    Hi not3,
    If you would rather have done the planning them I am not the one to talk to.
    Paul did not understand it all and was forced to admit it was a mystery.

Ephesians 6:19
    And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

Colossians 1:26
    Even the mystery which hath been hid from ages and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints:

Romans 16:25
    Now to him that is of power to stablish you according to my gospel, and the preaching of Jesus Christ, according to the revelation of the mystery, which was kept secret since the world began,

Saying it was a mystery was a copout answer to those who questioned what Paul was saying.

Hi KJ,
    So Paul was ignorant and you know more?

kejonn
    Participant

Actually, to call it a mystery just shows that Paul was ignorant. It has nothing to do with me knowing more because it is a mystery to me as well. Paul did not have a true answer, so calling it a mystery reveals nothing. The first definition for mystery is “One that is not fully understood or that baffles or eludes the understanding; an enigma”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So if you are greater than Paul such that you can say his answer was a cop out then tell us of the more amazing works God has done through you. Or are you judging God?

kejonn
    Participant

I am no greater than Paul, nor no less. He was human, I am human. You put Paul on a pedestal he might not quite deserve. Are you a respecter of persons?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    You say his answer was a cop out. What do you mean by this?

kejonn
    Participant

I mean that his use of the word “mystery” was no real answer. If someone asks you how Jesus was to be the Jewish Messiah, and you could not show them using the Hebrew scriptures, does callign it a mystery really answer anything? No it is a copout.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    By who?

kejonn
    Participant

Nick,

Do you know that the word “mystery” was not used until the book of Daniel? And it is only used in that OT book. So it seems God was not into being mysterious to the Jews, yet Paul would have us think this.

kejonn
    Participant

Amo 3:7 Surely the Lord GOD does nothing Unless He reveals His secret counsel To His servants the prophets.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Feb. 15 2008,12:54)
    Hi KJ,
    By who?

By Paul. He had no real answer so he called it a mystery.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    So he should have known.
    That means you must know what he should have known?
    Please tell us.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 16 2008,05:57)
    Amo 3:7  Surely the Lord GOD does nothing Unless He reveals His secret counsel To His servants the prophets.

Hi KJ,
    And Jesus showed the lads on the way to Emmaeus where it was written.

kejonn
    Participant

Then why didn't those lads share it with others?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    Who knows?

kejonn
    Participant

Bingo.

Quote (kejonn @ Feb. 16 2008,07:34)
    Bingo.

Bingo? Not at all.

Peace and Love Mrs.

Not3in1
    Participant

We are told that knowing God and his Son are pre-req's to eternal life in John 17:3.

How are we to know a “mystery”?

Viewing 20 posts - 121 through 140 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account