Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TJStarfire @ May 14 2006,14:53)

Some of your historical data is very doubtful but that does not matter.

I take into account that a lot of historical teachings mainly the core or esoteric beliefs of religious cults like the Jews or Christians were handed down by word of mouth from teacher to student for long periods of time before some person finally put them into writing.

As for when certain beliefs were removed by councils those have been better documented although that may be false info also some of it came from a free online encyclopedia.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Book_of_enoch

I do try to know what I'm talking about before I say anything.
    When you put things into writting that are false or misleading those things can be held against you on Judgement day long afer your flesh is dead and you can't do anything about it.

HiTJS,
    If we were dependant on natural men for our beliefs we would be in big trouble.
    If we relied on the memory of men we would be failed.
    If our faith was based on our own writings and imaginings we are wasting our time.
    We are not however.
    We are following a God who has proved Himself throughout history by fulfillment of prophecy and recorded and witnessed events that are beyond natural possibility.

TJStarfire
    Participant

We are following a God who has proved Himself throughout history by fulfillment of prophecy and recorded and witnessed events that are beyond natural possibility.

And we are to follow the guidance of the Holy Ghost, That is who I rely on.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    And how do you tell that it is the Holy Spirit you are listening to? We are told to test the spirits for many false spirits are leading men to destruction. Only the Holy Ghost will enliven scripture for you.

TJStarfire
    Participant

And how do you tell that it is the Holy Spirit you are listening to? We are told to test the spirits for many false spirits are leading men to destruction. Only the Holy Ghost will enliven scripture for you.

For just that reason. The teachings hidden there for centuries have become clear.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJS,
    If so you will rejoice in seeing the same Spirit working through your brethren, and, as as stones polishing stones you will work with them to learn.

TJStarfire
    Participant

Of course why else would one come to places like this?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If the bible says Jesus is the son of David and the son of Abraham, as it says in Matt 1.1 does that prove it is so? No. It needs witnesses to be established as in a court of Law.

2Cor 13.2
    “..Every fact is to be confirmed by the testimony of two or three witnesses”

Jesus quotes this OT verse too so it also has two witnesses at least.

What if some of those witnesses are less reliable. You can quote a verse in part that says”there is no God”-which is what fools say. For example too, men cried out to Jesus as “the Son of David” and they were only going on hearsay surely. Likewise Joseph was called by some the father of Jesus but those who said so had no knowledge of deeper things. They had not heard the angels who spoke to men.

So the quality of the witnesses also has to be considered.

Jesus is the truth so his words are paramount, but it was his Spirit that spoke through all the bible, so they are not less if written through another..

Men told Jesus that Abraham was their father and he told them that Satan was.
    Both were true in a way.

Paul and Peter and John and the apostles are reliable witnesses as are the great men of old and the prophets surely.

What about the injunction from Paul that women should cover their heads? Does it have any witnesses in the NT? What about divorce after adultery being acceptable-how many witnesses does this verse have?

To not have witnesses surely does not prove lies either but clearly it has less weight as only one witness would have in a court.

What do others think?

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    If you were stooped doing 120k in a 50k zone would you speak with the policeman saying

“I am a good driver. I am alert and in full control of my senses. This vehicle is in perfectly roadworthy condition. There is perfect visibility today and there are no other cars or pedestrians on the road. Thus I am absolutely justified in travelling at this speed”

Would such great reason and clear logic appeal to the cops and they would bow to your fine degree of understanding?

Or would he say

“It is written” ?

As Jesus said to those who appealed to logic

“I do not know you”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I am interested in the book of Job. It is a vital book containing key scriptures that we often quote.

It is unusual in that it describes events in heaven that have not ostensibly been observed by men.

It also contains the varied arguments by three men with Job, about the predicament that poor Job is in, yet every word is truth.

Who knows more about it?

malcolm ferris
    Participant

Reputedly the book of Job is the oldest book in the OT.
    As to the time it is recording – some speculate Job lived around the time of Abraham.
    I guess we can only guess at such things.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    I would like more discussion on the choice of manuscripts that make up the bibles.
    And some insights on the accuracy of translators and their biases.
    I have heard it said that the KJV was written with a trintarian bias especially shown in 1Jn 5.7.

Who can help here?

NickHassan
    Participant

Perhaps this should be revisited.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Praise God for the evidence He gives us about Himself in the bible. The more you feed on the Word and learn to abide in the Word the more you get to know the Author.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus believed the bible and relied on it to prove his own ministry. We should follow him.
    Lk 4
    ” 14And Jesus returned in the power of the Spirit into Galilee: and there went out a fame of him through all the region round about.

15And he taught in their synagogues, being glorified of all.

16And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read.

17And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written,

18The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised,

19To preach the acceptable year of the Lord.

20And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him.

21And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears.”

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi and welcome south 1949,
    Try here.
    Perhaps we need a thread onTyndale

NickHassan
    Participant

topical

NickHassan
    Participant

For Bob

bob
    Participant

I posted in the Biblical Doctrine forum…

Phoenix
    Participant

Im not sure I should ask in here… but if Ringo is still around could he tell me if the Torah is up on the internet so that I can read it?

Thank you

GBUA

Hugs
    Phoenix

Participant

Quote (Phoenix @ Feb. 16 2007,19:19)
    Im not sure I should ask in here… but if Ringo is still around could he tell me if the Torah is up on the internet so that I can read it?

Thank you

GBUA

Hugs
    Phoenix

Hi Phoenix:

I am not Ringo, but the Torah which are the first five books of the bible can be read online at crosswalk.com.

God Bless

Viewing 20 posts - 81 through 100 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account