Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Love it or hate it the bible is the divine message we must cling to till it reveals itself.

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 24 2008,04:52)

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2008,04:40)
    Hi not3,
    Do you really understand the Spirit if you think God causes confusion?
    Test the spirits is still the best advice.

Testing the Spirit(s) is HOGWASH!

Get a dozen believer's in the room, Nick.  Have them all “test the Spirit” on any given scripture or subject.  Let's see what they all come up with?  Would they be in harmony?  I seriously doubt it.

I was convinced that the Spirit explained to me, revealed to me, gave insight to me concerning the conception of Jesus.  I studied for nearly 5 years (night and day).  I prayed my ass off!  For what?  To come here and find out I'm way out of the water?  Totally wet behind the ears?  

Who was I listening to, if not the Spirit?  God knew and knows my heart – how I earnestly seek Him and want Him.  I guess I was just played for a fool.  I am a fool.

Greetings Mandy…..We are influenced by many spirits,most of which are tuned in to our pride,vanity and several other weaknesses that make up our being…..Gods spirit is one of peace and understanding…..It is not unusual to find large groups of people gathered and each with a different understanding of scripture….Scripture by design is intended to confound the learned and the wise….The spirit of truth is something you know and are not confused nor do you question…..Gods spirit is a gift, and can be very elusive,until such time as one realizes…they can't make it without him,and as result prays for repentance….When one changes and becomes at one with God…Many things become clear and scripture is one of them…..This forum is an excellent exchange of knowledge or lack of same and nothwithstanding the bickering over literal or verbatum style interpretations of scripture,Gods spirit does show up on a regular basis….

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi TJ,
    Yes the word of God is alive and active.
    Yet man prefers his vain intellect

Tiffany
    Participant

Couldn't have said any better Nick; now if you would only read what you write.

Georg

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 25 2008,06:47)
    Hi TJ,
    Yes the word of God is alive and active.
    Yet man prefers his vain intellect

Yes Nick……And that is why he is God….and we are mere deciples wallowing in his word attempting to attain understanding but lacking the humble spirit needed to make us as children…so we could understand….

NickHassan
    Participant

Yes TJ,
    And even KNOWLEDGE is of grace and to be humbly sought.

2Peter1
    1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 29 2008,04:43)
    Yes TJ,
    And even KNOWLEDGE is of grace and to be humbly sought.

2Peter1
     1Simon Peter, a servant and an apostle of Jesus Christ, to them that have obtained like precious faith with us through the righteousness of God and our Saviour Jesus Christ:

2Grace and peace be multiplied unto you through the knowledge of God, and of Jesus our Lord,

3According as his divine power hath given unto us all things that pertain unto life and godliness, through the knowledge of him that hath called us to glory and virtue:

4Whereby are given unto us exceeding great and precious promises: that by these ye might be partakers of the divine nature, having escaped the corruption that is in the world through lust.

5And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge;

6And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness;

7And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.

8For if these things be in you, and abound, they make you that ye shall neither be barren nor unfruitful in the knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I really like these Scriptures. God in us can perform wonders, through our Savior Jesus Christ. The more we ask the more we receive. To have divine nature to become like Him, should be all that we should be looking for. Sometimes however we let the cares of this life get in the way of growing.
    Peace and Love Irene

NickHassan
    Participant

GB,
    You said in another thread.
    “Nick…..so in your mind you think that by casting a (being of some kind) which no one has ever seen into a bottomless pit (if there is such a literal thing) some how gets Evil out of People then. What you can't seem to get, those are (ALL) metaphors and symbols they are not literal beings as you assume they are. Come out of that false teaching of the MYSTERY RELIGIONS. Brother'

Sorry but we believe the bible here.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    GB admitted in another thread that he needs a his own personal doctinal filter to be able to understand it.

“When i put it through my doctrinal filter it makes sense , “

It will be patently obvious to all others that such an approach to what is sacred by mere men is vanity and folly.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Jodi,
    You wrote in another thread
    “We must believe in something simply because it is written? I believe in the bible BECAUSE what is written makes sense, NOT because I am an ignorant fool who will believe in something just because someone else confesses the bible is the Word of a god. I have found through my life, through thinking, observing and learning that the bible is true, that the words are truth and life.”

The bible offers a better approach than using carnal reason as a judge.
    What is written is a higher standard of proof.

Matthew 2:5
    And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,

Matthew 4:4
    But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.

Matthew 4:6
    And saith unto him, If thou be the Son of God, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone.

Matthew 4:7
    Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.

Matthew 4:10
    Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.

Matthew 11:10
    For this is he, of whom it is written, Behold, I send my messenger before thy face, which shall prepare thy way before thee.

Matthew 21:13
    And said unto them, It is written, My house shall be called the house of prayer; but ye have made it a den of thieves.

Matthew 26:24
    The Son of man goeth as it is written of him: but woe unto that man by whom the Son of man is betrayed! it had been good for that man if he had not been born.

Matthew 26:31
    Then saith Jesus unto them, All ye shall be offended because of me this night: for it is written, I will smite the shepherd, and the sheep of the flock shall be scattered abroad.

Matthew 27:37
    And set up over his head his accusation written, THIS IS JESUS THE KING OF THE JEWS.

We believe in God and His Word and that abuse of others who disagree is inappropriate.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    God gives us revelation about things through the bible.

Then folks start judging God.
    Or they think they can limit what God can do by the bible.
    Or they think they can judge that bible by what they have learned about God.

Stop judging and be silent flesh and let God speak through His sacred books.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2009,09:58)
    Hi,
    God gives us revelation about things through the bible.

Then folks start judging God.
    Or they think they can limit what God can do by the bible.
    Or they think they can judge that bible by what they have learned about God.

Stop judging and be silent flesh and let God speak through His sacred books.

Hi Nick,

We can know God by looking at his creation as well. The bible is one way to know God. But those who do not have a bible are still held accountable….. Interesting, huh?

The dried ink is the introduction, but it's not the whole story.
    Relationships don't endure with one or two letters, but constant nurturing and communication.

Paul never told us that we would only be given insight by reading his letters.

Love,
    Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Jan. 26 2009,06:49)
    Hi,
    GB admitted in another thread that he needs a his own personal doctinal filter to be able to understand it.

“When i put it through my doctrinal filter it makes sense , “

It will be patently obvious to all others that such an approach to what is sacred by mere men is vanity and folly.

Then all men are full of vanity, including you, Nick.

We all use “filters” of some kind to sort things (and doctrine) out. I think you comment was unfair, really.

Love is so many things…..however I have a hard time seeing any of those things between you and Gene. It's a sad thing to watch.

Love,
    Mandy

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    The sky reveals God but the bible speaks in more detail.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 01 2009,14:10)
    Hi not3,
    The sky reveals God but the bible speaks in more detail.

The Spirit speaks in even more detail than the bible….

:;):

gollamudi
    Participant

Amen Sis Mandy. Let love and peace prevail.
    Adam

david
    Participant

We can know God by looking at his creation as well. The bible is one way to know God. But those who do not have a bible are still held accountable….. Interesting, huh?

Are they? Are those who have never been given a chance to hear the good news held accountable? Is this what the Bible says?

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (david @ April 02 2009,17:56)

We can know God by looking at his creation as well.  The bible is one way to know God.  But those who do not have a bible are still held accountable…..  Interesting, huh?

Are they?  Are those who have never been given a chance to hear the good news held accountable?  Is this what the Bible says?

Hey David,

God said we don't have to tell our neighbor, “Know God” anymore because he has written on their hearts. Right?

Mandy

Not3in1
    Participant

Sorry, I'm too lazy tonight to look up the scripture, but hopefully you know which one I'm talking about. 😉

Viewing 20 posts - 701 through 720 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account