Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    Not3in1
    Participant

The bible is written in codes.
    The “Spirit” is supposed to help us unlock these codes.
    Problem is, the “Spirit” gives different answers to different people!

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,
    Do you really understand the Spirit if you think God causes confusion?
    Test the spirits is still the best advice.

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2008,04:40)
    Hi not3,

Testing the Spirit(s) is HOGWASH!

Get a dozen believer's in the room, Nick. Have them all “test the Spirit” on any given scripture or subject. Let's see what they all come up with? Would they be in harmony? I seriously doubt it.

I was convinced that the Spirit explained to me, revealed to me, gave insight to me concerning the conception of Jesus. I studied for nearly 5 years (night and day). I prayed my ass off! For what? To come here and find out I'm way out of the water? Totally wet behind the ears?

Who was I listening to, if not the Spirit? God knew and knows my heart – how I earnestly seek Him and want Him. I guess I was just played for a fool. I am a fool.

NickHassan
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 23 2008,10:37)
    HI Nick,
    You keep referring to scriptures but what we have is the bible.
    There were hundreds of gospels besides the four that were voted in to the bible with
    a simple yeh or neh, by a group of Catholic men. Who is to say that many of those
    neglected gospels are not the word of God instead of the ones that we got.
    Were the men that canonized the bible inspired by God?

If they were, then why did another group of more modern men merely remove a bunch of those scriptures from their bible
    because they were deemed not good enough? Which set of scriptures is a person to trust?

TIm

Hi Tim4,
    Yes there are many faith challenges to holding on to the simple fact that God is in control and helps those who are his children discern the few flaws from the glorious whole that is scripture.

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 24 2008,04:36)
    The bible is written in codes.
    The “Spirit” is supposed to help us unlock these codes.
    Problem is, the “Spirit” gives different answers to different people!

Mandy! You really believe that the Spirit means diffrent answers to diffrent people? Let's look at myself, I agree with W.J. on the preexisting of Jesus. I believe that there is no trinity. All this we have learned by reading the Word of God. We agree with these Scriptures. The mystery of God has been given to His Saints. Many are called but few are chosen. We do not stand alone. We have Brethren. And who is it that does that? Is it not by God's Holy Spirit that reveals us all? Praise and Honor be to our Almighty Father and His Son Christ Jesus. Amen
    Peace and Love Irene

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 24 2008,04:52)

Hi not3,

Get a dozen believer's in the room, Nick.  Have them all “test the Spirit” on any given scripture or subject.  Let's see what they all come up with?  Would they be in harmony?  I seriously doubt it.

I was convinced that the Spirit explained to me, revealed to me, gave insight to me concerning the conception of Jesus.  I studied for nearly 5 years (night and day).  I prayed my ass off!  For what?  To come here and find out I'm way out of the water?  Totally wet behind the ears?  

Who was I listening to, if not the Spirit?  God knew and knows my heart – how I earnestly seek Him and want Him.  I guess I was just played for a fool.  I am a fool.

Mandy! I would not put myself down like that and talk like that, that is not to nice. That is really funny, I was posting at the same time and I thought that there are Brethren that agree with me. I wonder how many in this whole earth agree with me?
    Come on Mandy you and I do not know everything and doubting like you are doing here again is not wise to do.
    I do know that God loves us and wants the best for us. We have to realize that we will never know everything. If you get something wrong, just change it, Scripture tells us that all have fallen short of the glory of God. You are not a fool. Test, Test, Test. Are you failing, better pick yourself up, Mandy. I love you and I want to see you in God's Kingdom in that Choir were we are going to sing, remember?
    Peace and Love Irene

charity
    Participant

Hi not3,

Get a dozen believer's in the room, Nick.  Have them all “test the Spirit” on any given scripture or subject.  Let's see what they all come up with?  Would they be in harmony?  I seriously doubt it.

I was convinced that the Spirit explained to me, revealed to me, gave insight to me concerning the conception of Jesus.  I studied for nearly 5 years (night and day).  I prayed my ass off!  For what?  To come here and find out I'm way out of the water?  Totally wet behind the ears?  

Who was I listening to, if not the Spirit?  God knew and knows my heart – how I earnestly seek Him and want Him.  I guess I was just played for a fool.  I am a fool.

:D HogWash!! prose…

like when the legions of spirits entering the swines that rushed down to the waters to be (baptized) and drowned?

charity
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 23 2008,22:10)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Dec. 23 2008,10:45)
    Tim,
    Excellent points!

Thank you not 3,

sadly they will never be addressed with straight answers.
    :(

Tim

good afternoon Tim

talking in parables…..gives no plan answer air to breath.

:)

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi not3,

Hi not3,
    Does scripture say all believers are enlivened with the Spirit?
    If it did why would scripture say this?

Lk11
    9And I say unto you, Ask, and it shall be given you; seek, and ye shall find; knock, and it shall be opened unto you.

10For every one that asketh receiveth; and he that seeketh findeth; and to him that knocketh it shall be opened.

11If a son shall ask bread of any of you that is a father, will he give him a stone? or if he ask a fish, will he for a fish give him a serpent?

12Or if he shall ask an egg, will he offer him a scorpion?

13If ye then, being evil, know how to give good gifts unto your children: how much more shall your heavenly Father give the Holy Spirit to them that ask him?

Does scripture say those who have received the Spirit are being led by the Spirit?

If it did why would scripture say this?

Gal5
    25If we live in the Spirit, let us also walk in the Spirit.

The Spirit of God is not uniting the body of Christ yet sadly.

Rom8
    9But ye are not in the flesh, but in the Spirit, if so be that the Spirit of God dwell in you. Now if any man have not the Spirit of Christ, he is none of his.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Hi Mandy,
    Don't be so hard on yourself. You are definitely not a fool.
    You are the same as the rest of us.

There was a time when I read certain scriptures that I understood in a particular way. But other people disagreed with me. They said I was wrong. What did I do? I prayed. I asked the Holy Spirit to help me understand the passage. Do you know what the Spirit told me? He told me that I was right. God told me that He was on my side. He said that those who opposed my understanding were wrong.

But then these other people also asked the Holy Spirit for guidance. Guess what happened when they prayed. That’s right. The Holy Spirit talked to them! He told them that I was wrong. He told them that they were right.

I see it over and over again. Why is it that God always seems to be saying exactly what we expect to hear?
    Surely God's Spirit was not simultaneously inspiring both Catholics and Protestants to kill each other in Ireland, was he? Surely you must agree that at least some of those combatants were mistaken.

It is interesting to talk to somebody who hears the Holy Spirit leading them to understanding. That person is not wrong. God is on his side. To change his mind would mean disobeying God. He has a personal connection with God –a direct line to the throne. If he doesn't know what to do, he can just ask God. And God supposedly gives him an inner feeling that directs his paths. Once he feels God directing in his heart, how can he possibly listen to those who suggest he do otherwise? How could he possibly be wrong?

I know what it is like. I used to be there. Now I beleive that God expects us to use our brains and decide for ourselves. Why should He do it all when He gave us the way to do it ourselves?

Relax and trust yourself Mandy.

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim4,
    Do you think the religious traditions are guided by the Spirit of God?
    They do.

Why do folks rush to assuming what they seem to be led to do is always from God?

charity
    Participant

i love THE INSIDE OF YOUR HEAD Tim

:D

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2008,06:53)
    Hi Tim4,

Why do folks rush to assuming what they seem to be led to do is always from God?

Exactly Nick. :)

Tim

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Dec. 24 2008,06:55)

Thank you Charity,
    I never suspected that you enjoyed emptiness. :)

Tim

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Tim,
    You have much to offer.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ Dec. 24 2008,07:18)
    Hi Tim,
    You have much to offer.

nice Nick! :)

charity
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 24 2008,07:14)

Thank you Charity,
    I never suspected that you enjoyed emptiness.  :)

Tim

from the outside in

enjoying a screen full of words in front of me
    consistency of good will
    always revealing never empty

:laugh:

Tiffany
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Dec. 24 2008,07:35)

Quote (TimothyVI @ Dec. 24 2008,07:14)

Thank you Charity,
    I never suspected that you enjoyed emptiness.  :)

Tim

from the outside in

enjoying a screen full of words in front of me  
    consistency of good will
    always revealing never empty

:laugh:

Your a pistol :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Love Irene

charity
    Participant

arrrrr  prrrossse it…

And they lived their life like a candle in the wind, and I lived mine while prying a gun out of cold hand…..

Maybe you should wear lipstick if you're gonna act like my mother.

I don't know why they call it “wine-tasting”.
    After two glasses you can't taste the same!!(ripe not my head off as I figur out)  :(

if ya haft too… take the ambulance to a dinner reservation.  :D

Tiffany
    Participant

theodorej

The tyrant you are referring too that will appear for a short time; I assume you mean Antichrist?
    I have a long article on “Antichrist” on the Forum under “Truth or Tradition”; it was started by Meerkat. Please refer to it so I don't have to repeat.
    This economic crisis is worldwide, and effects Germany, and all Europe alike. And if you're thinking about the ten EU nations, and the ten horns or ten toes; they have nothing to do with either.
    The pope has been trying for a long time to bring all religion under one roof, he want succeed.
    As far as the US is concerned in the end time, look at her now, how strong do you think we really are? and we are in the end time, the very end; and who believes that?

Georg

Viewing 20 posts - 681 through 700 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account