Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    Hanoch
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 27 2008,18:57)
    Hey Hanoch.

This topic is about the bible.

And it is not wise to engage with people in this fashion.

Yes the gospel is foolishness to those who are perishing, but there are better ways to talk to people. If they choose destruction that is their choice is it not? We can only help those who want help. That should be our focus, to spend out time on a harvest. Trying to make fruit appear in a barren plant is God's work.

I think best thing you can do with someone who may oppose you is to ignore them if they do not respond in a good way. And I agree with Nick, that Stu represents a portion of the population and it is actually quite useful to have someone like him here because he represents a major religion of the world, i.e., non-belief in God.

Also, many evangelists will tell you that hecklers are very useful, they draw the crowds at times. The glass is half full.

I guess you forgot the Scripture that says,
    “What friendship do darkness and light have? Or what cocord does Christ have with Belial?”

The unbeliever is not interested in becoming a believer; just arguing and tearing your faith down:
    “The thief comes not but to steal, kill and to destroy…”

And I garauntee you the thief is working in that one.

All who are unbelievers are under the sway of the evil one (the devil is working in them); you can't tell me you are going to “tolerate” conversation with the evil one working in the sons of darkness when you are the light; if you do, you are not in the light, period. The light hates the darkness:

“…hating even the garment defiled by the flesh.”

If not, you really need to get alot more fire, and to do that, you need to get under a ministry of man who is on fire for God, so you can receive the anointing from an anointed teacher Ps 133, and be discipled, as Jesus commanded that you be in Matt 28

Emotions are SUBJECT to truth; never the other way around.
    Emotions are good, but a person is not to be inundated by emotions. A ship can float on water, but water INSIDE the boat is not good.

If a person speeds and breaks the laws and gets a ticket, no matter how angry the person becomes that he is getting a ticket, he cannot change the TRUTH.
    Also, if you do not break the laws, you cannot get a ticket, no matter how emotional you are (though your emotions CAN lead you to break the law because of road rage or what ever).
    Emotions cannot effect the truth. Emotions can make you break the law, but emotions cannot cause you to arrive to a spiritual place; only the truth can do that:
    “..faith comes by hearing, and “hearing” by the Word of God.”

Faith doesn't come by emotions; therefore, emotions can either be IN LINE with the truth or REBELLIOUS to it. Since emotions are subject to the will, and it is the will which must be used to become obedient to God…
    “If you are WILLING and obedient.”
    …a person who is SUBJECT to THEIR EMOTIONS (which are reflections of the thoughts – regardless of their being obedient or disobedient – they hold to) the same one cannot be subject to truth:
    “If you love… even your own life, You are not worthy of Me/cannot be My disciple.”
    The Word “Life” there is the greek word that means “your soul life” meaning, your thoughts your ways, your emotions, your will:
    “My thoughts are not your thoughts, My ways are not your ways — for as high as the heavens are above the earth, so high are My thoughts above your thoughts and My ways above your ways.” And His thoughts He has revealed in His Word. So, if we are not WILLING AND OBEDIENT (which involves the emotions being subjected to the truth) to the “hearing of the word” (truth), there has to be a reason: the pleasures, cares and worries of this world (your affections are not set on the things that are above Col 3:2 and this means you are not losing your life, and this means you cannot be Jesus' disciple until you repent of idolizing yourself with disobedience to His leading – everyone at one point or another is guilty of this and in need of repentance.

If someone if not a believer, and you have told them to repent, what more do you have to do with them?? Why discuss anything with them, seeing as how it is a demon you are talking with? Why waste your time? What truly are you doing for the Lord, then? You pretend like you're being diplomat, ignorant of the spiritual world. Why allow Satan to have any place? This is WAR!! Trust me, the devil wants to destroy you, he's not playing with you, so you better not play with him.
    he is in every act of disobedience of the mind/faith (=unbelief), when he makes you regard the reward of unrighteousness as more valuable than eternal life… because of lack of prayer (the spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak, therefore, get up and pray, lest you enter into temptation”

I had to call the person I live with to repentance at the risk of me getting kicked out onto the street, but guess what – he repented and is living for Jesus Christ from now on. The Lord had told me for a long time to CONFRONT, but I wouldn't, and because of my disobedience, I suffered under spiritual attack, but one day, I watched a program by Benny Hinn who echoed the words of St. Clement, “…(if we are under the anointing and led to do so) let us offend … men…”
    if you have to offend someone, offend them with the truth! Truth hurts sometimes and it humbles men. No matter their emotions, no matter their mind, OFFEND (IF YOU ARE LED BY THE LOVE OF GOD, AS JESUS WAS)! Jesus offended those Pharisees.
    People will be offended by the word of God, (Blessed is he who is not offended in Me.) and those are the people who need to hear the Word of God!!!!

“The Word of God is alive and sharper than any double-edged sword..” Jesus didn't come to bring peace, but a SWORD, and that SWORD will CUT and DESTROY the stranglehold of the darkness – what business do I have with darkness? Do I care to hear a single thought of a demonic unbeliever? No. They are under the power of the prince of the power of the air. Eph 2:2

What draws crowds is NOT the devil in hecklers; “If I be raised up, I will draw all men to Myself” Who draws crowds? JESUS — by His power that works in us Eph 3:20. Casting out demons, healing people, raising people from the dead, that is what draws people – holiness, destruction of the kingdom of darkness and putting the enemy to open shame – that's what draws crowds!!!

About saying “…where he belongs…” I said that wrong — what I meant was — where his place is prepared for him; where he is destined to go if he does not repent, and where he deserves to go (according to God) for not receiving the sacrifice of His Son, Jesus. You can argue with me, but you can't argue with God. I'm not saying that God created him for hell, because God wants all men to go to heaven, for that reason Jesus died – but if he continues in his way, in the light of all the truth having already been exposed to – then his proper place is there, in hell, and then into the lake of fire. This is not my judgment, but Gods:
    “It will be easier for Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for you.”
    I haven't cut off all hope for him at all — I'm just saying, let him walk on his way, and let God deal with him; not us; he's no longer our responsibility, except to keep in prayer if God moves us to do so.

Hanoch
    Participant

To be perfectly honest, though, I should have said more clearly the statement “where he belongs” I felt that, so that was wrong on my part. The train of thought, however, was led by God. I admit my wrongness in not saying it correctly, even as I was led by the Spirit to correct. I am in a process of perfection, unlike the sons of disobedience, who are not even concerned with being obedient to God. I've been wrong in the past – and that I admit; I am not infallible, but I am receiving correction through others from God… as well you should.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 28 2008,06:12)

Trying to make fruit appear in a barren plant is God's work.

Great quote.
    Very wise words.

Mandy

Yes, getting a barren creationist to the point where s/he can appreciate fruitfully the difference between fantasy and reality is a worthy challenge.

Stuart
    :;):

Proclaimer
    Participant

Quote (Stu @ July 27 2008,21:42)
    If atheism is a religion then not collecting stamps is a hobby.

:cool:

Stuart

Not collecting stamps is a hobby if all have stamps by default.

Likewise God exists. It is the default.

If I deny that the world is round I could make that my hobby, same with not believing in God.

HOBBY: an activity or interest pursued for pleasure or relaxation and not as a main occupation.

If looking for knowledge that God doesn't exist is a pursuit and not your main activity, then it can be said to be a hobby, especially if it gives you pleasure.

Further:

RIDE A HOBBYHORSE:
    to concern oneself excessively with a favorite notion or activity.

Stu
    Participant

Quote (t8 @ July 28 2008,21:08)
    RIDE A HOBBYHORSE:
    to concern oneself excessively with a favorite notion or activity.

It's amazing how passionately creationists ride their hobby-unicorns.

Stuart

Stu
    Participant

Not collecting stamps is a hobby if all have stamps by default.

What? Is this special christian logic that only applies to god-botherers?

I think nothing can be done for you, and the need is getting urgent.

Stuart

Anonymous
    Inactive

Funny how heated we all get at times, including Myself!

I was a non-believer for 2 reasons.

1) I could not believe GOD could hear My Prayers over Many Billion others Just on this World. I did Pray and recieve an answer to this Mystery and is not any longer a problem but really now a strenght to My Faith. I will not speak on this Problem or the solution as it is not part of topic.

2) Secondly and most importantly was I could not Beleive a Bibile could be mantained threw the centuries in a true version that it was first written in. So therefore how Could I believe in Somthing that was impossible to believe was correct?
    I recalled a test on reliable communication done way back in Grade 3. The teacher made us read a written passage and then pass it on down line to last student in back who would write down what they heard and compare it to what first student at front had read. The resulting comparisons in all six rows were almost toally unregonizeable front to back. This experience came with me to my late 40's in life and I had never looked at a bible until about 8 years ago.
    I found I had Made one MAJOR Flaw in My analisys and that was an unknow Variable I had not considered in Equation. That unknown was God himself. God did not change or his memory Fail so his Profits were Prompted to write the exact desires of GOD or they were picked by God knowing their writings were of worth to save and continue into the future. GOD and The Hole Ghost insured it would be preserved for us today and all generations prior.

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (Kimba08 @ July 29 2008,04:30)
    GOD and The Hole Ghost insured it would be preserved for us today and all generations prior.

Hi Kimba08,

I know this was just a typo so I am not poking fun, but it did remind me of a story that I heard about a young boy who first heard about the triune God at a funeral service.

Just as the casket was being lowered into the ground the priest said ” in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Ghost amen”.
    For years after that the boy make the sign of the cross and say,
    ” in the name of the Father and the Son and in the hole he goes, amen”

Tim

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ July 27 2008,13:12)

Trying to make fruit appear in a barren plant is God's work.

Great quote.
    Very wise words.

Mandy

Not according to Mat 21:19 :;):

charity
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ July 29 2008,06:07)

Quote (Kimba08 @ July 29 2008,04:30)
    GOD and The Hole Ghost insured it would be preserved for us today and all generations prior.

Hi Kimba08,

I know this was just a typo so I am not poking fun, but it did remind me of a story that I heard about a young boy who first heard about the triune God at a funeral service.

Just as the casket was being lowered into the ground the priest said ” in the name of the Father, and the Son and the Holy Ghost amen”.
    For years after that the boy make the sign of the cross and say,
    ” in the name of the Father and the Son and in the hole he goes, amen”

Tim

Another one… a Man passed the cemetery, and saw the family with bearers carrying a coffin around,
    two hours latter he past the cemetery again to see the same family and bearers still walking around with the same coffin, so he thought to himself, that family has realy “lost the plot”.

Anonymous
    Inactive

Thankyou “holely Speling chekers” Tim and Charity for your Humor and Alertness, hope the Holy Ghost forgives Me?

Not3in1
    Participant

The bible: is it reliable?

How do you know for sure? The Spirit?

charity
    Participant

Accuracy test

Who told Adam he was NAKED ..
    A The serpent?
    B Eve?
    C God?
    D His Mind?

Not3in1
    Participant

Eve!

She probably said, “Um, honey, the animals are starting to stare………”

:laugh:

charity
    Participant

I have not read where Adam and the serpent argued that Men were naked?
    Only this were… god answered him with a question of his nakedness?

Gen 3:1 And he said, Who told thee that thou [wast] naked? Hast thou eaten of the tree, whereof I commanded thee that thou shouldest not eat?

leaving the Mind over the matter
    That Satan is not a person but is ordered to get behind the froward thoughts… in which he inhabits part possession of ones thinking as a source generating a motion in  action, cutting off the ear of hearing.

Not3in1
    Participant

t8, thanks for the information at the beginning of this thread.

You defend the NT with such vigor. How do you answer the fact that even though there are certain family manuscripts there are a zillion translations out there……….some disagree with one another.

If the foundation is so secure, why is everyone walking in different directions?

Sometimes I really wish I would have never started asking questions!!

Thanks,
    Mandy

charity
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,13:17)
    Eve!

:laugh: I missed this……and ever so softly…God said… because the animals stared at Naked eve they shall now die and become her leather Jacket

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Sep. 15 2008,15:02)

Eve!

:laugh:  I missed this……and ever so softly…God said… because the animals stared at Naked eve they shall now die and become her leather Jacket

Don't forget the matching shoes and handbag!

:D

charity
    Participant

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,15:03)

Eve!

:laugh:  I missed this……and ever so softly…God said… because the animals stared at Naked eve they shall now die and become her leather Jacket

absolutely this little devil wears prada :D

Not3in1
    Participant

Quote (charity @ Sep. 15 2008,15:11)

Quote (Not3in1 @ Sep. 15 2008,15:03)

Eve!

absolutely this little devil wears prada  :D

LOL – You said it, sister!

Viewing 20 posts - 581 through 600 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account