Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    theodorej
    Participant

Greetings KJ…..The ten commandments were given to the children of Israel (eg.the twelve tribes) of which the JEWS or the tribe of JUDAH were one…It was Gods will that his people,all twelve tribes possess the land…and any one or any thing in opposition to HIS will was dealt with….God is the giver of life and being the giver he sometimes chooses to take…after all he is GOD….And through his mercy and love I might be able to take my next breath..

theodorej
    Participant

KJ….Just as the times we live in now,man back in the predeluvian era was going about the business of sexually perverse behavior,Idolatry,murder and in general a destructive form of life that God found most displeasing…So he sought out a righteous man ( Noah )and told him to build an Ark,one big enough to house multiple species of animals in addition to Noahs family,so as to continue with his plan and alloy life to continue….When Noahs feat was completed…It rained and God wiped out all remaining life….One is able to perform such feats when you are God….The giver of life…

theodorej
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 17 2008,06:58)

Quote (kejonn @ April 17 2008,00:30)

Quote (theodorej @ April 16 2008,07:11)
    So in closing the slaughter of women and children are the acts of men who have no regard for God let alone his commandments….

You do realize it was Yahweh and his chosen people who were slaughtering the women and children, right?

Evidently he didn't know that was who we were talking about
    all along.

Tim

Greetings Tim….Perhaps I am some what off track in my thinking…I feel that among the many gifts that God chooses to give us Life is by far the most precious…and having said that,I would like to think I own it ,but ,I do not…what are your feelings ?

kejonn
    Participant

Your posts sadden me TJ. All you have done is excuse the actions of Yahweh by saying life is his to give and take away as he pleases. If that is the case, some people would be better off never living.

theodorej
    Participant

Greetings KJ…..It is not my intention to sadden you….I enjoy our discussions….As for whether some people would be better off never living….I would have to say that to determine who who those individuals would be is a very weighty decision to make…and certainly not my place..
    In closing it is not my place to excuse God…my pray is that he might excuse me…

TimothyVI
    Participant

Quote (theodorej @ April 17 2008,22:26)

So in closing the slaughter of women and children are the acts of men who have no regard for God let alone his commandments….

You do realize it was Yahweh and his chosen people who were slaughtering the women and children, right?

all along.

Tim

Greetings Tim….Perhaps I am some what off track in my thinking…I feel that among the many gifts that God chooses to give us Life is by far the most precious…and having said that,I would like to think I own it ,but ,I do not…what are your feelings ?

In all realms of life we believe that when someone gives us something that we own it.
    No people consider a gift a gift if the giver can take it away at any time. It is only a loan.

Tim

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 17 2008,07:00)

all along.

Tim

In all realms of life we believe that when someone gives us something that we own it.
    No people consider a gift a gift if the giver can take it away at any time. It is only a loan.

Tim

theodorej
    Participant

KJ….How did you get my picture

Not3in1
    Participant

Kevin,

Keep these pic's coming that you have in your archives – they make me laugh. I loved the cheese on the cats head – I actually laughed outloud. :laugh:

david
    Participant

That pic of kevin scared me a bit. I always pictured him as more of the simpsons character with the slurpy.

kejonn
    Participant

The Simpson's one was my younger days.

charity
    Participant

Nothing wrong with him, nothing a Total Make over couldn’t fix, my speciality, that comes with a money back guarantee if he’s not looking at lest ten years younger.

photoshop

Quote (kejonn @ April 18 2008,00:10)

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 17 2008,07:00)

all along.

Tim

Tim

Mandy I see the cat, but where is the cheese? Yep funny!
    Peace and Love Irene

kejonn
    Participant

Not3in1
    Participant

:laugh:

You did it again – I laughed. Thanks man. I need to laugh, too. I injured my knee and I'm scheduled for an MRI. They think I may need surgery. GOOD GRIEF! So much for my marathon at 40 (I'm really bummed about that – beyond words actually). I think I may even drink that bottle of wine in the frig all by myself! Ha!

Quote (Not3in1 @ April 19 2008,18:57)
    :laugh:

You did it again – I laughed.  Thanks man.  I need to laugh, too.  I injured my knee and I'm scheduled for an MRI.  They think I may need surgery.  GOOD GRIEF!  So much for my marathon at 40 (I'm really bummed about that – beyond words actually).  I think I may even drink that bottle of wine in the frig all by myself!  Ha!

Mandy! Funny,Ha,Ha. But it is not funny that you have knee problems. Let me tell you about our Daughter. She injured Her knee when she was 15 years old playing Volleyball. She had Her first operation when She was 16 years old. The knee has never been the same. Lately She had a complete Knee-Replacement. And another Operation to supposedly straighten out the second Operation. It did not work. She has Tensity's , don't know if that is the way you spell that, in Her knee and has to take all kinds of Medication for it.
    Now let me tell you about mine. I had so much pain in it and the Doctor told me, that maybe I should have a replacement Surgery on mine too. But lets try to drain the fluids first and give you a Cortisone Shot. I agreed. It hurt like crazy, but the next day my pain was gone. It lasted for about a year, and it started to hurt again. Back to the Doctor for some more pain and a Shot. It worked again and since then I have never had much pain in it again. I do a small amount of exercise as much as I can. That keeps the inflammation out. My Daughter had that done once, and She told me never again. But it worked for me. Maybe if She would have gone for a second shot like I did. who knows. So try everything else first, before you go under the knife.
    I know several people who had knee surgery, and some it works and others it doesnt. Why I don't know. I wonder if it depends on the Doctor. Just my suggestion.
    I would not became an Alcoholic over it. Ha, Ha. You are getting funny too, I do love  it too.
    Love Irene

Is 1:18
    Participant

Hello Cato and Kejonn,
    I've noticed lately that although you discount the notion that the Bible is God's infallible revelation of Himself, you still hold some firm conclusions about His nature. I was wondering if you could tell me, where you have sourced your information about God?

Interested in you comments.

Blessings
    :)

Participant

all along.

Tim

A couple of things I would add here is:

1) YHWH did not cause a complete cessation to the existence of anyone He was complicit in putting to death. If they were saved (which I think is true of all children, who have no comprehension of the Law that ultimately convicts the unrepentant sinner) then they evidently went to a far better place. If not then they await judgement in a worse one, but they are without excuse.

2) YHWH was not responsible for the senseless killing of anyone. There was always a greater purpose in their deaths. Moreover, usually there was a lot of forewarning involved beofre the calamity was visited upon a nation, where the consequences for disobendience were spelt out unequivocally and then some considerable time given for repentance.

Participant

Quote (TimothyVI @ April 14 2008,22:00)
    The O.T. and the N.T. are two completely different pictures of the God that never changes.

Hi Tim,
    To me this is a misconception. People often charge the God of the OT as being unreasonably vengeful and the God of the NT as being a soft touch. But when all of scripture is consulted neither is true, it's a false dichotomy. The OT often portraits YHWH as being long-suffering and almost unjustly merciful, while many passages in the NT show YHWH exacting vengence in judgement. Yeshua is most assuredly not the Mr nice guys that He's often percieved as, He was often blunt to the point of being grossly offensive in verbal exchanges with His distracters (and occasionally his followers) at times. I read a debate a while back that changed the way I looked at this. Here's the link. Thell me what you think.

http://www.christian-thinktank.com/evilgod.html

seekingtruth
    Participant

Is 1:18 ,
    I agree this comes from finite beings trying to put an infinite God in a box. I need to get to bed but will read your link tomorrow, thanks

Wm

Viewing 20 posts - 461 through 480 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account