Bible

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 900 total)
  • Author
    NickHassan
    Participant

Hi kj
    Isaiah 9:6
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

kejonn
    Participant

Sorry, but unless you force the text to mean what you want it to, its not Jesus. It was suppose to be King Hezekiah.

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2008,18:49)
    Hi kj
    For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.

From http://www.chabad.org/library….r-9.htm

For a child has been born to us Although Ahaz is wicked, his son who was born to him many years ago [nine years prior to his assuming the throne] to be our king in his stead, shall be a righteous man, and the authority of the Holy One, blessed be He, and His yoke shall be on his shoulder, for he shall engage in the Torah and observe the commandments, and he shall bend his shoulder to bear the burden of the Holy One, blessed be He.
      and… called his name The Holy One, blessed be He, Who gives wondrous counsel, is a mighty God and an everlasting Father, called Hezekiah’s name, “the prince of peace,” since peace and truth will be in his days.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    No text forcing just awareness that scripture often has several applications.

Ps 110 quoted in Hebrews
    Psalm 110
    1The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.

2The LORD shall send the rod of thy strength out of Zion: rule thou in the midst of thine enemies.

3Thy people shall be willing in the day of thy power, in the beauties of holiness from the womb of the morning: thou hast the dew of thy youth.

4The LORD hath sworn, and will not repent, Thou art a priest for ever after the order of Melchizedek.

5The Lord at thy right hand shall strike through kings in the day of his wrath.

6He shall judge among the heathen, he shall fill the places with the dead bodies; he shall wound the heads over many countries.

7He shall drink of the brook in the way: therefore shall he lift up the head.

David was never a priest of the order of Melchizedek.
    You need wisdom.

kejonn
    Participant

Nah, I just need rose-colored glasses :p

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 04 2008,11:49)
    Hi kj

May you consider the title for the ruling King, written in its age
    My Lord God the King Lived

The throne taken from Saul given to a shepherd boy, King David

Prince of peace, reject his coming, and still be left waiting!

Isa 55:3 Incline your ear, and come unto me: hear, and your soul shall live; and I will make an everlasting covenant with you, [even] the sure mercies of David.
    Isa 55:4 Behold, I have given him [for] a witness to the people, a leader and commander to the people.
    Isa 55:5 Behold, thou shalt call a nation [that] thou knowest not, and nations [that] knew not thee shall run unto thee because of the LORD thy God, and for the Holy One of Israel; for he hath glorified thee.
    Isa 55:6 ¶ Seek ye the LORD while he may be found, call ye upon him while he is near:

charity

kejonn
    Participant

Hebrew scholars — who the text was written for — unanimously agree the Isa 9:6 is about Hezekiah. But what do spiritually dead Jews know about their own scriptures ?!? :p

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi charity,
    And Christ in the type of David will rule from his throne.
    Ezekiel 34:24
    And I the LORD will be their God, and my servant David a prince among them; I the LORD have spoken it.
    Ezekiel 37:24
    And David my servant shall be king over them; and they all shall have one shepherd: they shall also walk in my judgments, and observe my statutes, and do them.
    Ezekiel 37:25
    And they shall dwell in the land that I have given unto Jacob my servant, wherein your fathers have dwelt; and they shall dwell therein, even they, and their children, and their children's children for ever: and my servant David shall be their prince for ever.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi,
    Jesus Christ is the link between the NT and the OT.

Satan's plan seems to be to attack credibility in Christ, in the NT and the OT to loosen this powerful unity.
    Then when men give up faith there he encourages them to maintain a form of faith in a god of their own design.

Then he uses them to accuse the brethren.

kejonn
    Participant

There's no need for the “satan” character. It just takes a good honest reading without preconceived notions.

charity
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 04 2008,12:52)
    Hi,

Satan's plan seems to be to attack credibility in Christ, in the NT and the OT to loosen this powerful unity.
    Then when men give up faith there he encourages them to maintain a form of faith in a god of their own design.

ummy… Jesus fulfilled the Old testament!
    The dreamers took it from there?

SoME OF US NEED RELIEF FROM TRUSTING THEIR LIES

CHARITY

NickHassan
    Participant

hmmm

kejonn
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 03 2008,19:52)
    Hi,

Well, you can call it a “god of my own design” but I just have a hard time stomaching a god of Jewish design who has admitted to killing over 2 million people in his holy book.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    God is God.
    Submit

kejonn
    Participant

Sound awfully Hitler-esque, wouldn't you say?

kejonn
    Participant

According to the bible

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi KJ,
    I am sure God is impressed.
    Not.

kejonn
    Participant

I'm sure He's not. Think how much the bible has insulted him for so long, attributing so much death and mayhem to Him.

NickHassan
    Participant

Hi Kj,
    So let me see. You heard of God from the bible.
    Now you have rejected the God of the bible
    and think you still know God?

Stu
    Participant

Quote (Nick Hassan @ April 04 2008,13:16)
    Hi KJ,
    God is God.
    Submit

Where is there left to go after this piece of islamic rhetoric?

Stuart

Viewing 20 posts - 381 through 400 (of 900 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

© 1999 - 2024 Heaven Net

Navigation

© 1999 - 2023 - Heaven Net
or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account